FUCK LEBRON AND SOUTHBEACH

In the long run. If this keeps happening, where players congregate in big cities (New York, Brooklyn, Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, and possibly even Dallas), I think contraction could be the outcome. Just my opinion, and pure speculation, but I believe it's something smaller cities may have to worry about, down the road.
Unless I am wrong. all teams in the NBA have the same cap. Cap wise any team could have done what the Heat did.

Unless I am wrong. all teams in the NBA have the same cap. Cap wise any team could have done what the Heat did.

No, you're right. Same cap. However, these bigger markets can draw bigger name players. Where is Dwight Howard more likely to sign? Los Angeles or Sacramento? Chicago or Cleveland? It's his choice, same with the guys in Miami, and I wouldn't wish to take that away. But, that doesn't mean it's good for basketball fans, especially those is smaller cities.

Damn, on one of the rarest occasions that it's actually better to be a Hawks fan than a Celtics or Lakers fan. I'm savoring this moment for all it's worth.

As a lifelong Celtics fan, I was pretty disappointed to see the Heat defeat the Celtics tonight to end their season. I hope that either the Bulls or the Hawks (likely the Bulls) can beat Miami to prevent them from reaching the Finals.

As long as there is no pattern developing here, of Florida based teams defeating teams from Boston, once is bad enough, but twice would be far far worse ;)

As a part-time Bostonian, nothing warms my heart more than seeing one of Boston's precious little franchises lose.

Except the Bruins. I can tolerate them, though if they win the cup and their fan's heads grow as they usually do after a team wins a championship, I will have to black list them as well.

Success isn't the word I usually attribute to the Fab Five...

webber.jpg

I hate you for reminding me of that. :banghead:

I'm just happy to see some newer blood having a shot at the Finals. I'm sick of watching Boston, LA, San Antonio make it all the time.

As a part-time Bostonian, nothing warms my heart more than seeing one of Boston's precious little franchises lose.

Except the Bruins. I can tolerate them, though if they win the cup and their fan's heads grow as they usually do after a team wins a championship, I will have to black list them as well.

Haven't won the Cup since 1972 JGlass. Nineteen seventy freaking two! You couldn't fault any Bruins fan for getting any part of their anatomy a little swollen if the Bruins manage to pull it off this year.

No, you're right. Same cap. However, these bigger markets can draw bigger name players. Where is Dwight Howard more likely to sign? Los Angeles or Sacramento? Chicago or Cleveland? It's his choice, same with the guys in Miami, and I wouldn't wish to take that away. But, that doesn't mean it's good for basketball fans, especially those is smaller cities.
I don't know if it's fair to compare those teams as there is a rather big difference in talent. I understand that big cities have something smaller markets don't, but at the same time it's more about winning a title. Where would howard go? The Clippers or Thunder? I would say the Thunder because they would have a higher chance of winning. Obvioulsy he would rather go to LA because of the how much more the city has to offer, but in the long run he would rather win. The NBA was always about dynasties, Boston, LA Lakers, Spurs, Bulls. Whats causing these smaller markets to not build great teams? Does make you wonder if the league could contract to the bigger markets while the smaller ones fade away. Kings to Anahiem maybe a hint.

Yes I can, and I will if they do. You can have your year where you pound your chests and remind everyone that you're champions, but if you think you're entitled to being a perennial playoff contender like Celtics, Patriots, and Red Sox fans do, onto my shitlist you go.

And if Michael Jordan, Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pipper were still in their prime, the Celtics wouldn't have a NBA ring since the 80s.

What's your point?

I don't know if they'd beat McHale/Parrish/Bird.

If he meant the 2008 Big 3 he can fuck right off, they're not even big

I don't know if it's fair to compare those teams as there is a rather big difference in talent. I understand that big cities have something smaller markets don't, but at the same time it's more about winning a title. Where would howard go? The Clippers or Thunder? I would say the Thunder because they would have a higher chance of winning. Obvioulsy he would rather go to LA because of the how much more the city has to offer, but in the long run he would rather win. The NBA was always about dynasties, Boston, LA Lakers, Spurs, Bulls. Whats causing these smaller markets to not build great teams? Does make you wonder if the league could contract to the bigger markets while the smaller ones fade away. Kings to Anahiem maybe a hint.

Cleveland and Miami are comparable in terms of overall talent, when you take out James, Wade and Bosh. Without those three, Miami is one of the worst teams in the East, maybe the absolute worst.

Will three players, of that magnitude, ever choose San Antonio over the Knicks? No. Why? New York is a bigger, more important city. San Antonio has been the far superior franchise as of late, but it's not a sexy city. I see that becoming a problem for smaller cities, regardless of how good the program might be.

Everyone also has a major hard time paying their bills around here. The job and housing market is one of the worst in the country, and because of Wade, James, and Bosh, ticket prices have gone up.

Rose had a 13 year career, was a starter for most of it, and averaged between between 15 and 22 points per game during a 6 year run during the prime of his career (in addition to his good rebounding and assist numbers). Juwan Howard has had a 17 year career, is a former all star, and averaged at least 13 points per game for the first 10 years of his career. Chris Webber is a future hall of famer
Everything you just said there was about accomplishments.

But you want to know which accomplishment you left out for all of them? Champion.

Not every players full potential is to be an all time great superstar. I'd say all three of them reached their potential.
I watched them play for years, and the only one I'd say that statement MIGHT be correct about is Jalen Rose. There's no way Weber or Howard met their potential. And the Fab Five certainly never met the hype.

Like I said, when I think of "success", the Fab Five won't be who I think of.

I'm just happy to see some newer blood having a shot at the Finals. I'm sick of watching Boston, LA, San Antonio make it all the time.
I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning, and they said over the last 20 NBA Finals (not counting this year), one or more of five guys have been in the Finals EVERY year. I don't remember exactly who they said, but I BELIEVE it was Jordan, Olajuwon, Duncan, Shaq, and Kobe. Every Finals over the last 20 years had at least one of those 5 guys in it (I believe it was those five).

I don't know if they'd beat McHale/Parrish/Bird.

If he meant the 2008 Big 3 he can fuck right off, they're not even big
He meant the 2008 Big 3. But I think I'd still pick the Bulls over the Celtics. It'd be one heck of a series though.
This is the most wrong I have ever seen you.
Before this year? Miami isn't even selling out home games in the playoffs, with Wade, James and Bosh. Sly has a point about Miami.
Yep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back