• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Former WWE Creative Writer Explains Why Triple H Buries Top-Level Wrestlers

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
Former WWE creative writer Seth Mates, who WWE Champion CM Punk follows on Twitter, weighed in on the perception that Triple H uses political maneuvering to "bury" top-level talent—degrading a wrestler's standing to fans and peers. He was asked on Twitter, "Why does Triple H always bury the guy whose on fire?"

"Positioning," Mates responded. "And not always, just the vast majority of the time."

He added further, "If ratings dip, guess whhho's back next week to save the day? Loves to be the "savior". #positioning."

During an interview earlier this year with Pro Wrestling Torch Livecast (available here), Mates reacted to the negative sentiment within some WWE circles that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was "stealing someone else's spot." He feels the resentment actually stems from jealousy that Johnson found success outside of the walls of WWE, with Triple H being the driving force behind the negativity.

"I know that a lot of the stuff that [John] Cena has said about Rock and his feelings towards Rock sound like something that would be coming directly from, you know Mr. Helmsley and his view," Mates stated.

"I always sensed some insecurities as related to Rock and to [Steve] Austin and how, again, in my mind and perception, he never was at that level. And so he wanted to position himself as, well, I'm as good, if not better. Which I don't know that he has done that."
Source

Why are they reporting this as new today? ??

I doubt Triple H beats Lesnar.. he will do whats right for business in my opinion. Maybe Triple H circa 2008 would have buried people.. not sure about now.

Then again the whole CM Punk angle with Triple H could have been so much better....

This is ridiculous as most HHH criticism is. Back in 02/03, yeah he buried a lot of people and hogged the top spots, but from about 2005 on, he's been fine. Before then I don't think anyone would argue he deserved to be on top.

Maybe he buries people who should be buried. Maybe he's an asshole. None of us know the truth.

And nope, he's not on the same level as Austin and/or Rocky. Good thing he knows it.

Maybe he buries people who should be buried. Maybe he's an asshole. None of us know the truth.

I think the real question is when, if ever, did HHH start taking over for Vince on some of these things. He "buries" people because it is part of his job. Vince earned a certain amount of leeway based on his track record. HHH hasn't yet. This is why it is easy to look at the moves that seem to go against crowd momentum, or hold down younger guys, and question if it really was the best thing to do.

Bleh. The only guy that can have a legit beef against HHH for HHH burying him is Booker T and Booker never really struck me as top level talent regardless of the fact that he won five titles in a down period in WCW. Also, I have always felt that it was more about Vince than HHH. Vince was never going to let a WCW guy become the face of the company which Booker may have become had he beaten HHH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back