Would you consider Triple H to be the Jay-Z of the WWE?

CM Steel

A REAL American
I know that the title of this thread sounds pre-mature. But hear me out.

Paul Levesque aka Triple H had alot of balls to ask out his bosses daugther when he knew his job was at risk. All in all Triple H & Stephanie McMahon have been married now for 7 and a half years. So now within that time of the marriage Triple H has been looked on more as a McMahon opposed to Stephanie being a Levesque.

Now Triple H has his very own office up at WWE headquaters in Stamford, CT as the new chief in charge of WWE talent. And with the WWE chairman Vince McMahon stepping down within three years left on his contract as WWE chairman. It looks if both Triple H & Stephanie will step in as the "chair person's" to run the WWE now that Shane McMahon has left the WWE to pursue other business, which I can respect in his decision.

But it will more likely that Stephanie will be looked up upon as the "King" of the WWE castle, and Triple H will be the one looked upon as the "Queen". As far as being a wrestler, Triple H is one of the most decerated superstars in wrestling history! But isn't it a trip (no pun intended) that Triple H is in the position that he's in now due to his marriage to Stephanie McMahon alone?

Alot of wrestling fans for years have been saying that Triple H pre-metitated his relationship with Stephanie McMahon just to further his career. While others have stated that Triple H was in a position where he just got lucky, and he truely loves his wife Stephanie. So I guess in a funny way that Triple H has the baddest chick in the game (no pun intended) wearing his chain!

So with plans being put into motion it looks like for Triple H being a future WWE chairman. Trip may have 99 problems but Stephanie ain't one it seems.

Your post makes some decent points, but I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at with the Jay-Z comparison. Yes, he has a rich and powerful wife, but he sure as hell did everything to earn his spot and would be just as rich and famous if he wasn't married to B. Triple H almost surely wouldn't be in the executive position he's in if not for his marriage to Steph, so it's a little different situation. I do believe he loves her (it's really not a far fetched idea, she's stayed beautiful despite her age and seems like a very sweet person in real life), but Jay built an empire on his own. Trips will never be able to claim that even if he turns out to be a great boss who takes WWE to great places.

In terms of status yes I could consider him the Jay-Z, with Stone-Cold and the Rock being Eminem and Nas, but I don't get the Jay-Z Comparison really.

Okay I am going to "break it down" for you right quick.

Triple H has rosen to the ranks of a president of an industry that he loves much like Jay-Z was the president of Def Jam Records at one point. Trips gone from the biker look to wearing a suit & tie on a daily basis with a breifcase to match, like Jay-Z. But Jay-Z did bulid a empire on his own unlike Triple H. Where the marriage factor does come in to play for the game (the wrestler) as far as being a boss.

And in no way that I'm comparing Stephanie McMahon-Levesque to Beyonce at all! It speaks for it's self.

...And the Rock is more of a Method Man rather than a Nas, if you can smell what the Rock was cokk'in?

Ummm, I guess the comparison makes sense. Other than Triple H never got stale and still praised through the roof for it. The Eminem comparison for The Rock makes sense in that he buggered off for ages and then came back with something pretty lame and people lapped it up.

Other rapper comparisons:

Sable - Lil Kim (plastic surgery game changers)
Hogan - Beastie Boys (turned heel in the 90s by making hardcore albums)
Christian - E40 (loved since the 90s, only really just getting recognition)
Mabel/Vis - Big Pun (fatty fatty fat fat)
Cody Rhodes - Soulja Boy (started pop and rubbish, slowly getting weirder and more enjoyable over time)
The Miz - Lil Wayne (underrated youngster treated as the butt of the joke but is entertaining; gets big as they get worse and it goes to their head)
Mick Foley - Mobb Deep (embarrassing starts [dude love/ballerina], awkward passage, super hardcore for a couple years, now just kicking around not really knowing where they fit in)

No. When was the last time Jay z and his big ass lips did anything relevant? Hhh was in a WM spectical this year, Jay Z got slayed by The Game, no pun intended
Jay-Z is still very relevant, and he never stopped being relevant. Not sure what you're getting at there. If anything, his long breaks in between making albums and such just makes the Triple H/Jay-Z comparison even stronger. Trips is a once or twice a year wrestler now, and like Jay, has moved more towards focusing on corporate stuff. From that perspective, I completely understand what the OP is getting at. But I don't think the marriage aspect of the comparison is accurate because it's two very different situations; one with a guy who would still have everything he has now if he was single, and one with a guy who inherited a lot of stuff directly because of the marriage.

cm punk-tupac shakur- they both are very talented and were the best, and both had big mouths and spoke the truth
samoa joe-biggie smalls-they both are bigger than most but can still do things like 2pac or aj styles
edge-easy-e
christian-dre
hulk hogan-suge knight
4 horse men-bone thugs and harmony

thats all i can think of lol, by the way jay-z is an illuminati peiace of crap he can go suck the satans balls how many times he wants hes still gnna be a bitch same goes to kanye west

cm punk-tupac shakur- they both are very talented and were the best, and both had big mouths and spoke the truth

So you're comparing cm punk to tupac shakur? One of the greatest music artists of all time, a man who revolutionized his genre of music, and who still has a legacy as one of the greatest rappers ever despite being dead for 15 years. You'r comparing cm punk to all of that??? Please remove the tupac avatar.

samoa joe-biggie smalls-they both are bigger than most but can still do things like 2pac or aj styles
edge-easy-e
christian-dre
hulk hogan-suge knight

thats all i can think of lol, by the way jay-z is an illuminati peiace of crap he can go suck the satans balls how many times he wants hes still gnna be a bitch same goes to kanye west

All of the rest of your comparisons literally suck ass and I'm not even going to break down how much they suck because they suck THAT bad.

And as far as HHH being the Jay-Z of wrestling, I can see how you can make that argument, but I still kind of disagree with it.

Jay-Z didn't get slayed by the game but this is a ******ed thread, you van't compare wrestlers to rappers. Two different industries.

Yeah I'm going to agree with the latter posts and just reiterate how vague and pointless this thread is, no offense to Mr. Mack Swagger.

Is the whole comparison to Jay-Z just to make the 99 problems joke? If anything, triple H's biggest problem is his bitch, if he pisses her off or does something to fuck it up he's done, out of favor with Vince and out of taking over the company. On the Triple H dvd, Vince himself said he liked Trips and thought it a good match for Stephanie... it wasn't so much that triple H was that damn daring to ask her out, if anything Test was. Triple H was more opportunistic if anything, because when he saw a chance to boost his career he jumped on it. If there is a Rap CEO to compare to, Triple H is more the P Diddy of the WWE, opportunistic as hell, took off on the backs of many others (DX, Steph, etc.), won't go away.

I compare Triple H too the martial arts instructor in Napoleon Dynamite. Weve all had girls we regret being with, but Chyna she looked like a man. Which tells me all kinds of wierd shit about HHH. HHH is no Jay Z. The only good that HHH has done is Sheamus.

edge-easy-e
christian-dre
hulk hogan-suge knight

I feel dumber for having read this post.
No, but I would consider this thread to be the Hornswaggle of the wrestlezone forum.
This would have been funny if you had spelt Hornswoggle right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back