Triple H & Stephanie McMahon: 8 years later

CM Steel

A REAL American
Today is the 8 year anniversary of the (real-life) marriage between Paul LeVesque aka Triple H & Stephanie McMahon-LeVesque, who were married in up-state New York. From the past 8 years Triple H's stock has went up within the McMahon family, mainly with boss/father-in-law Vince McMahon.

The McMahon-LeVesque family has kept their family and personal life's behind the scene's as it should be. But the whole involvement of Triple H & Stephanie from their "on-screen marriage" from back during late '99. Could that be a prelude to what's to come for the future of the WWE? A real-life McMahon-Helmsly reign??

Of course Triple H wouldn't be a full-time wrestler. But he would be in control of who holds the WWE world championship(s). Now that Triple H is in higher office in the WWE. He has looked out for his boys in the kliq, by re-hiring Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman (X-Pac). And the retired Shawn Michaels isn't to far away.

Now that Shane McMahon has left the WWE to find his own calling, in which I respect. Stephanie McMahon-LeVesque will be the future head of the company after daddy Vince finally steps down. And her husband Paul LeVesque (Triple H) will play the "queen of the WWE castle". Ti'l this very day wrestling fans question Triple H's reason's for marrying the bosses daugther. In which Triple H has always had a different answer for that question.

Happy Anniversary Paul & Stephanie LeVesque!!

But will the WWE kingdom be in good hands after chairman Vince McMahon finally steps down??

Excellent Question. But to be quite honest with you, I don't think the WWE kingdom doing that well right now with Vince as the head. Writers, and fans questioning his decision making which hasn't really been the best for business as of late. Like the WZ report stating at the last minute it appears the 10 Man Survivor Series Match has been scratched. Either way it's going to draw with the appearance of The Rock. But a traditional 10 man SS match featuring bigger stars in the company will beat out a tag team match in the ratings anyday, especially considering the types of buidups you can do vs. one for a tag team match.

But getting back to your question Mack, It's going to be interesting but the issue is going to be trying to keep high Morale in the WWE Lockerroom. We all know Triple H is not the most like guy in the locker room and have his favorites. And like you said he looks out for his friends. And remember Batista, Randy Orton, and Shaemus even had a run with the WWE or World Heavyweight Title in which Randy and Shaemus did deserve. But I kinda question Triple H's Passion and Integrity for the business. How his career really changed after he married the bosses daughter. But Im pretty sure he has a vision for the business. But I don't think guys in the back like CM Punk John Morrison, Zack Ryder, and other potential Champions will take heed to him being their future boss one day.

Triple H really messed over alot of wrestlers and careers, and the caliber of wrestlers most likely decrease, and these former WWE stars in ROH and TNA most likely will not consider a return to the WWE. He threw his weight around used his politics of being in the family to keep himself in the title picture, and just deprived the hopes of future champions and wrestlers. It's going to take alot of work for him to make up for his mishaps. But Triple H is the only one who can shape the WWE future and take it to heights that Vince could never take it to. But to answer your question, Trips is preparing for that day, but if wrestling going the way it's been going for the pass year of 2, I don't see it happening.

He has looked out for his boys in the kliq, by re-hiring Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman (X-Pac). And the retired Shawn Michaels isn't to far away.

Vince has more of a hard-on for Shawn Michaels than anyone else, including HHH. Nash was re-hired before Hunter was put into a position of any power on-screen or off. Nash was hired because, contrary to what a lot of the IWC believes, he's a commodity and a big name in this business and they've been in talks with him for years trying to get him back. Hunter spoke up for Sean Waltman, yeah, because that's his friend that had a drug problem, tried to kill himself, so he wanted to get him a job and help pull him out of a hole. Not a case of using his power to bring the clique back.

Ti'l this very day wrestling fans question Triple H's reason's for marrying the bosses daugther. In which Triple H has always had a different answer for that question.

What?! No, he's never given different answers. Surprise: They worked a long-term angle together, started dating as a result. This happens all the time in wrestling, seriously ALL THE TIME. The only difference is they didn't fall apart and crumble like most wrestling couples do, they fell in love, go married and started a family. He's never given different reasons. Because that would be stupid and go against why you marry someone in the first place.

But will the WWE kingdom be in good hands after chairman Vince McMahon finally steps down??

With an experienced business-woman and an in-ring veteran that both show they listen to their audience running the company? Absolutely.

Face it, HHH is another version of the other HH (Hulk Hogan) (must be something about the letter H that's doing it).

THE SIMILARITIES

Both are or had high up positions, and both worked angles that would be to their benefit, and both made sure that no other wrestler was pushed outside of their direct circle. With Hogan, it was/is Nash, Hall, Bishoff...with HHH it's Nash (how'd he win both times? Must be smarter than he looks), HBK, Hall (once again...another two time winner). BOTH can't seem to just retire and get to the backstage issues/daily operations. BOTH screwed over wrestlers behind closed doors--whether it was putting a bug in the boss's ear or what--but both kept one foot pressed on up and coming talent.....still do.

THE DIFFERENCES
One didn't marry into the business, --but had a ton of charisma during that era that it really wasn't needed. The other---I THINK---knew that at that time it was either a "sink or swim" position that he was in....being that HBK was kind of on the outs, and most of the clique had left that he needed to do something to keep his position in the wrestling world. However, one could still really carry a match, make convincing promos, and be able to do (at least I think) what's good for the business.

Ti'l this very day wrestling fans question Triple H's reason's for marrying the bosses daugther.

Given the power he's attained with the largest wrestling company in the world by marrying in, it's inevitable these questions would be asked, but after eight years, I would have to note:

--Man, that's a long time to be married to someone you don't care about!......and the only reason he did it was to achieve a career ambition? Then, he goes and makes three daughters with her? If power in the wrestling business is the only reason he married her, you've got to admire his perseverance, no?

--Given that Stephanie spent her whole life around performers who worked for her father, is it really a stretch that she'd marry one?

My conclusion is that the marriage is legitimate, and was from the very beginning. Stephanie is attractive, smart, and seems to have a lot of the same interests as her husband, as well as career goals that match those of her husband and her father. Paul Levesque is bright, ambitious and has spent 20 years acquiring the knowledge of the inner workings of his chosen profession.

If he genuinely loves his wife......and he attains the power he wants by marrying her................he's simply the luckiest guy in the world.

More power to him!:rolleyes:

Face it, HHH is another version of the other HH (Hulk Hogan) (must be something about the letter H that's doing it).

THE SIMILARITIES

Both are or had high up positions, and both worked angles that would be to their benefit, and both made sure that no other wrestler was pushed outside of their direct circle. With Hogan, it was/is Nash, Hall, Bishoff...with HHH it's Nash (how'd he win both times? Must be smarter than he looks), HBK, Hall (once again...another two time winner). BOTH can't seem to just retire and get to the backstage issues/daily operations. BOTH screwed over wrestlers behind closed doors--whether it was putting a bug in the boss's ear or what--but both kept one foot pressed on up and coming talent.....still do.

THE DIFFERENCES
One didn't marry into the business, --but had a ton of charisma during that era that it really wasn't needed. The other---I THINK---knew that at that time it was either a "sink or swim" position that he was in....being that HBK was kind of on the outs, and most of the clique had left that he needed to do something to keep his position in the wrestling world. However, one could still really carry a match, make convincing promos, and be able to do (at least I think) what's good for the business.

Uhmmm how did HHH being in power help push Nash, Hall and HBK. HBK was already the face of the company and when Nash and Hall were in the wwe, HHH had absolutely no power at all, he was barely a midcarder when Hall and Nash left the WWE.

THE SIMILARITIES

THE DIFFERENCES

You have none of your information right. Nash & Hall wasn't one of Hogan's guys. Hall & Nash were constantly working to remove Hogan from his position of power in WCW. Hall, Nash & HBK haven't been helped at all by HHH since he entered any kind of position of power. HHH has no reason to retire yet, there are many people his age still being active wrestlers. And HHH doesn't screw over talent. Only the IWC makes this assumptions and it's complete, made-up BS.

And HHH didn't marry Stephanie until 2003. They didn't start actually dating until 2001. The clique was gone by the time Hunter got his main event push BEFORE ever going out with Stephanie McMahon. He didn't do anything to keep his position on top. He was on already on top and happened to fall in love with someone he was working with.

HHH doesn't screw over talent? Ask Taz...when ECW finally folded....he was one of the most feared wrestlers they had....and probably could outwrestle HHH any day of the week---rise and fall of ECW shows HHH pinning him to retain his belt, with Steph raising her hands in victory, and then Taz split. Actually...none of the ECW originals got much of a break when they merged....and who was champ when that happened? HHH. Not saying that Taz may have not deserved a shot, or a belt...but you take the aura and buildup that Taz always received in ECW and watch it get downplayed when they arrived in WWE--and I think alot of the WWE was in fear of being overshadowed by an outsider winning a belt and would lose credibilty (why have it on someone that drew an audience of 500 when the WWE was shown nationally and internationally?...Taz would have to start at the bottom like every other wrestler--or mostly every other wrestler).

But I digress...I might have had some of the facts wrong...but when the clique disbanded because of injury to HBK and Hall and Nash heading to other pastures....HHH was the one who pushed back to mid-card status and in the doghouse and was being punished because of the infamous "last night" with the clique in the ring (watch HHH: King of Kings) ...so...how to rectify that? Marry the bosses daughter. C'mon...he dated Chyna for a few years and NOW suddenly he's in love with Steph? Not saying I don't buy it--and congrats to them (and for all intents and purposes, I'm not trying to start an argument, just justifying my comments).

Whether it's internet dirtsheets or rumors...unless we've worked for the company, we'll never know. However, HHH is one up on HH, for knowing when to step back and push other wrestlers NOW....but I don't think you could always say that he knew to do it then.

HHH doesn't screw over talent? Ask Taz...when ECW finally folded....he was one of the most feared wrestlers they had....and probably could outwrestle HHH any day of the week---rise and fall of ECW shows HHH pinning him to retain his belt, with Steph raising her hands in victory, and then Taz split. Actually...none of the ECW originals got much of a break when they merged....and who was champ when that happened? HHH. Not saying that Taz may have not deserved a shot, or a belt...but you take the aura and buildup that Taz always received in ECW and watch it get downplayed when they arrived in WWE--and I think alot of the WWE was in fear of being overshadowed by an outsider winning a belt and would lose credibilty (why have it on someone that drew an audience of 500 when the WWE was shown nationally and internationally?...Taz would have to start at the bottom like every other wrestler--or mostly every other wrestler).

Or perhaps, just maybe, Taz came in to the WWE thinking that his shit didn't stink and was taught that he wasn't as special as he thought he was? Hell, there were a fair few in ECW that couldn't stand him (including RVD) and, at a time when you had genuine talent main eventing, why push an un-deserving oompah loompah with attitude ahead of those guys? Taz was a lot like Jeff Jarrett...on a small time budget/promotion, he's main event material yet, put him on an international stage (as TNA is now) and he's mid-card for life.
And if you're going to talk about when they "merged" (I'm assuming you mean the Alliance in 2001 because there was no on-screen merge before then) how is that Triple H's fault? He was away and injured. Yeah they weren't done any favours (and neither was WCW) but that's hardly Triple H's fault.

But I digress...I might have had some of the facts wrong...but when the clique disbanded because of injury to HBK and Hall and Nash heading to other pastures....HHH was the one who pushed back to mid-card status and in the doghouse and was being punished because of the infamous "last night" with the clique in the ring (watch HHH: King of Kings) ...so...how to rectify that? Marry the bosses daughter. C'mon...he dated Chyna for a few years and NOW suddenly he's in love with Steph? Not saying I don't buy it--and congrats to them (and for all intents and purposes, I'm not trying to start an argument, just justifying my comments).

Well HBK was WWE champ when the clique went their seperate ways so I guess you're wrong there. And he wasn't pushed back to the mid-card, he was already there..they just delayed his KOTR win a year (and thank god for wrestling that they did).
Also, him and Steph were doing the storyline of them being a couple on tv for a fair few months before they got together...could it be that, like often happens in wrestling, life imitates art?

Whether it's internet dirtsheets or rumors...unless we've worked for the company, we'll never know. However, HHH is one up on HH, for knowing when to step back and push other wrestlers NOW....but I don't think you could always say that he knew to do it then.

See I still don't think he knows how to push other wrestlers properly (unless he feels like it). His wife writes the show, Nash causes Punk two title wins and yet, somehow, by one attack on Triple H it's suddenly Nash Vs Hunter? What about Punk's revenge that they were building the NOC match around?

HHH is a career player and he's done the right thing for him and the ones he cares about and, fair play to him. That's exactly what I'd do in his situation...I'd also sit there pissing myself with laughter, while rolling around in all the money I've earned over the years, while people moan about it!

Hell, for a life-time wrestling fan it must be great to know you've got the woman you love, three great kids AND you're going to own the biggest company in the world...----tipping my hat to Triple H!

Man, I'm pretty sick and tired of people either implying that Triple H slept his way to the top of the company or that he uses his as VKM's son in law to screw over people.

I don't know how many times people need to state the obvious fact before people finally start to remember them, but when Triple H won his first world title, Chyna was in his corner. The story with Triple H and Steph has always been that they started dating at a point during the McMahon-Helmsley era. At that point, Triple H was already one of the biggest stars in the company. His marriage to Stephanie is the reason he probably has more pull than any wrestler in history, but it isn't the reason he became a star or even a legend. Even without Steph, the company would have marketed him as the face of the WWE once Austin and The Rock left for good.

As for "burying" guys ... that's an age-old story in pro wrestling. News flash: The wins are predetermined and top guys throughout the past 50 years have lobbied to management to be the one that "goes over." Triple H hasn't done this any more than anyone else during his time on top. Yet he gets a bad rep because he married Vince's daughter ... so obviously, people try to say that Triple H NEVER would have gone over so and so if he wasn't Vince's son-in-law. It's complete BS.

How come Austin doesn't get heat for his refusal to drop the title to Triple H at Summerslam '99? That was supposed to be Trips' night, but he had to put it on hold because Austin didn't want to lose the belt to him. Remember? They added Foley to make it a triple threat, which Foley won. Trips then defeated Foley the next night on Raw.

I agree because he married the bosses daughter they right away write him off as some one who used his power to stay at the top. People say he held people down but let us look at the roster around the time people say he was at his worse. Triple H was the only top heel at the time so if a baby face like RVD won the belt then who would he have wrestled at the next ppv to headline it. Remember they tried that when Beniot won the title and his next title defense never main evented a show unless triple h or shawn micheals was in them. Triple H step up when Austin couldn't wrestle anymore and The Rock decide to leave the company, aleast HHH stayed in the company and continued entertaining us for years. And yes I hear you now saying why would he leave he is married to he bosses daughter, but that didn't stop Shane McMahon from leaving and he is blood.

HHH was at the top of the WWF when the companies merged, Tazz was at the top of a company that ran itself out of bingo halls. No disrespect to Tazz's work (which was great), but he was nowhere near the name or credibility of HHH in 2001. That's why the company went with Hunter winning. Vince buried WCW & ECW guys when they came in, not HHH, not the other wrestlers. Vince himself did it.

Also, your information's still off. Tazz came into the WWF a year and a half before the Invasion angle began. His lost to HHH on an episode of Smackdown (and Vince actually acknowledged regretting making this booking decision) in a throwaway match that wasn't part of any fueds or storylines. It wasn't even a title match. And he didn't "split." He was in an IC title fued throughout 2000, along with working against Jerry Lawler and alongside Raven. His injuries then forced him to cut down on ring work. He was the spokesperson for WCW/ECW during the Invasion and then TURNED ON THEM to be one of the "good guys" on the WWF side. Also, who was champ during the Invasion angle when WCW/ECW guys came in and got buried? Not HHH. That'd be Stone Cold Steve Austin for most of the year.

So yeah, like I said, HHH doesn't screw talent over. Learn what you're talking about, all your facts are wrong.

but when the clique disbanded because of injury to HBK and Hall and Nash heading to other pastures....HHH was the one who pushed back to mid-card status and in the doghouse and was being punished because of the infamous "last night" with the clique in the ring (watch HHH: King of Kings) ...so...how to rectify that? Marry the bosses daughter. C'mon...he dated Chyna for a few years and NOW suddenly he's in love with Steph? Not saying I don't buy it--and congrats to them (and for all intents and purposes, I'm not trying to start an argument, just justifying my comments).

Bro, brush up on your wrestling history. Do some reading, watch some YouTube. You're way off. The Clique split up in '96 when Nash, Hall & Waltman went to WCW. At that time, Shawn was world champ and HHH got punished for the Curtain Call Incident. This was FIVE YEARS before he even started dating Stephanie McMahon. He was out of the doghouse by '97 when he won the King Of The Ring and started getting lengthy reigns with the IC & European titles. He won his first world title while he was still ****ing Chyna. The McMahon-Helmsley storyline began at the end of 1999, they started actually dating in 2000-2001 (you know, after they started working together all the time and getting to know each other) and didn't get married until 2003. He was FAR out of the doghouse by that point.

but I don't think you could always say that he knew to do it then.

Yes, I can.

You have none of your information right. Nash & Hall wasn't one of Hogan's guys. Hall & Nash were constantly working to remove Hogan from his position of power in WCW. Hall, Nash & HBK haven't been helped at all by HHH since he entered any kind of position of power. HHH has no reason to retire yet, there are many people his age still being active wrestlers. And HHH doesn't screw over talent. Only the IWC makes this assumptions and it's complete, made-up BS.

And HHH didn't marry Stephanie until 2003. They didn't start actually dating until 2001. The clique was gone by the time Hunter got his main event push BEFORE ever going out with Stephanie McMahon. He didn't do anything to keep his position on top. He was on already on top and happened to fall in love with someone he was working with.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

THANK YOU! Finally somebody who isn't made of half an idiot. Internet people always wanna believe that their favorites are getting held down or screwed over by the people who are actually doing what they are suppose to be doing. Not calling HHH or Hogan angels but they sure as hell draw MUCH more than the guys the "screw over" could ever dream. Why was HHH so dominant from 2002-2005? Look at the roster at that time, who else did they have? as stated above, its not because he married the bosses daughter. HHH was already a main event star by the time they even started dating. I dont get what so wrong about falling in love and getting married. Have any of you seen Stephanie Mcmahon? Are we forgetting how hott she is? Hell id marry her too. just stop with the HHH hate already. He is as good as he says he is. Like HHH said on raw a few weeks back, WWE bases their main eventers based on who is the most over. It about who puts butts in the seats, not who can wrestle for 3hrs. If anywun, blame the fans for your favorites not getting over, or maybe even the wrestler himself. Dont knock the hustle of the wuns who are actually successful, cuz they are obviously doing something right

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back