• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For the Christians

wroooonnng.png

All jokes aside, I believe the man Jesus of Nazareth existed and I'm pretty sure most historians do as well. Whether he was the son of God or not is debatable, but what he did for his beliefs is very admirable and he gave people faith that they never had before.

I thought that most historians agree he didn't exist, but I could be misinformed.

Historians do believe Jesus lived. He was really looked down upon by the more influential Jewish leaders at the time, because he pretty much rivaled their power as local leaders.

That, and he grew up in Nazareth, a hotbed of a specific set of rebellious Jews. The Romans looked at Jesus, looked at his birthplace, and said "Yep, rebellion."

The method of crucifixion was used on all rebels in Rome at the time, which they picked up from some city that Alexander actually conquered on his conquest of the known world. The name escapes me, but you get the picture.

Are there any publicly atheist posters here?

I was, then shifted to Deism. I've explained my faith roughly 500000 billion times on these boards.

And, once again, have fun with your Jesus stuff on Sunday guys. I'll be watching the reports on the Pope's Easter Sunday Mass. Let's see how much further the Pope can dig himself into a hole with the entire public of the world.

Thank you Dr.Razor

SUPER SMART COLLEGE CLASSES. That, and I learned it about a month ago in Western Civ I. Shadowmancer or Pedobear could probably give you a much better description than I ever could.

I will now research Deism.

Basically, Watch-maker metaphor with science. Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and many of our other Founding Fathers were Deists.

God created the universe and used Scientific Laws to keep it running. He now has no part in the world.

Then it gets tricky and more personalized for the person. I go with the "Heaven is reserved for all those who live their lives morally, not necessarily as Christians, but morally." Hell is for those who prove to God beyond a doubt that they could not handle the idea of Free Will and made life on Earth inexorably worse for his fellow humans.

Now, back to Easter. Yeah! It's officially Easter now! Hurrah! Hurrah!

Desim is believing that there is a god. That's the jest of it.

That's why it's not for me. It doesn interest me enough to learn about it though. Razor is a smart man and I believe there could be something to it if he could have faith in it. Plus I like learning about religions.

I consider myself a Universalist, as in I don't necessarily follow one specific religion, but rather incorporate several religious and philosophical ideas and ideals into my own personal beliefs.

To me Good Friday is the day that we mark the death of a great religious teacher and philosopher in Jesus. Easter is about celebrating his great reward by gaining access into Heaven and opening up the gates to it once more.

And the Heaven I believe in is not the Christian Heaven, rather it is the resting place for souls to rejuvenate and decide if they have not learned enough life lessons to rest eternally, and those that have are able to reach a Nirvana like state. Those that have not learned enough life lessons or still has karmic debts to pay can then be reincarnated back into this realm.

Via, have you tried what I like to call "Carnal Christian"? Basically, you acknowledge a higher power, then sin to your hearts content, knowing full well that a deathbed confession (as long as you mean it) can get you through the gates.

That, or paganism. That spiritual path has done wonders for me.

Happy Easter/Zombie Jesus Day everyone!!!

Via, have you tried what I like to call "Carnal Christian"? Basically, you acknowledge a higher power, then sin to your hearts content, knowing full well that a deathbed confession (as long as you mean it) can get you through the gates.

That, or paganism. That spiritual path has done wonders for me.

Happy Easter/Zombie Jesus Day everyone!!!

I am somewhat familiar with Samhain.

And to me, this ''carnal christianity'' seems to be the most popular one. As in they all sin with no real life fear of damnation until they're about to die. Then all the sudden they're afraid and remorseful for disobeying the set laws of their religion.

You're delusional and a twat

Happy Easter folks :)

Just got back from church.
I am in a glorious mood. And I'm going out to eat in a bit.

Happy Easter folks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back