• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is Your Favourite Topic?

My favourite topic to debate is HBK. Obviously. I talk about him enough anyway, may as well debate about it. Or abortion because I get really into those.

To answer the topic, sports.

As for religion, this sums up my thoughts on debating it. I went to a party once where there was no beer or hot women, and a religious debate broke out. The way it ended was a guy got up and asked us all to say what we believed, then he said to all of us: Prove it. The debate ended.

The Enlightenment has done a number on y'all.

As for religion, this sums up my thoughts on debating it. I went to a party once where there was no beer or hot women, and a religious debate broke out. The way it ended was a guy got up and asked us all to say what we believed, then he said to all of us: Prove it. The debate ended.

to which you shouldve responded "prove me wrong."

I think my main points when I argue for religion are:

Religion and science are as plausible as each other...

Religion and science are both belief systems, so by saying you don't 'believe' when you follow science, that's really a lie.

Religion gives an answer to creation, yet science can't explain how things began in the first place. So if science can't explain it, does that mean that there's something bigger out there?

Just because science 'proves' a certain theory, doesn't mean that any religious belief has been completely disproven.

That which has not been disproved, can never be discounted.

The chance that a religion could be right, is a good enough (fucking) chance for people to take, so leave them (the fuck) alone and let them be open-minded. People who follow science are taking the same chance also.

People find comfort in religion because it provides them with answers, so what (the fuck) is wrong with religion? Some people choose to believe, some don't, but in the end, there are no proven answers to the important questions, so people are entitled to comfort themselves in any way they see fit, which can usually be religion.

The practices of certain religions are actually (fucking) important to some people, so you are an ignorant (fucking) person if you don't accept that.

When someone says 'God bless you', they are not 'forcing' their beliefs on you (for fuck's sake). They are merely being polite, and in no way want to affect you with what they've said. Atheists, however, who want to take a simple gesture like that and be offened, are the ones that are making problems for themselves. This whole 'forcing of beliefs' on to others is the biggest load of exaggerated crap in the world today. It's all about understanding and tolerance, something that not many people hold today.

If you think religious people are 'sheep' for following their faith, aren't you, by using your logic, exactly the same? You believe what scientists tell you. So there you go.

And finally, the whole debate of religion vs. science is stupid, because people don't seem to realise that there will never be a winner.

--

One of the most frustration-inducing statements you will hear in your life is 'religion is a load of crap'. If there was ever someone you want to hit in the (fucking) face, make it the person who says that. There is a big difference in saying you don't believe in something, compared to completely denouncing something on absolutely no basis and no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back