• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For the Christians

Nothing to do with religion but I dont care about easter, its just an occasion for kids to get chocolate eggs.

Nothing to do with religion but I dont care about easter, its just an occasion for kids to get chocolate eggs.
Well I could see how it would be easy for you to not care, once removed from the religious aspects, the only thing left is "an occasion for kids to get chocolate eggs". However for those who's beliefs make the religious aspect intrinsic and inseparable to the celebration of the holiday --namely and primarily Christians-- there is deep and strong meaning, and therefore an abundance of "care", as this is the zenith of the Christian calendar year. Even eclipsing the Christmas holiday.

I'd like to say Thanks to Jesus, for dying for all my sins and transgressions, and offering me salvation.....

That said, I'd like to wish everyone a happy Easter!

I don't call myself atheist, because I don't want to associate myself with the vast majority of those that do, but I don't have any faith, no.

I don't call myself atheist, because I don't want to associate myself with the vast majority of those that do, but I don't have any faith, no.

What Tasty said.

A large proportion of those who proclaim themselves to be atheist are the anti-religionists who look down on those who do believe and are as bad or even worse than those who would look to force their beliefs upon the rest of us.

Religion is a personal thing best kept to oneself.

History has proven the total shitstorms that can occur when it is not

I just don't care. There may be a God, there may not be. It's not going to affect my life in any way. I'm still going to try my best to be a good person, if there's a God he'll see that, and I doubt the fact I'm not religious will send me to hell, and if there isn't, I was a good person and did my best to help other people and will be remembered for that.

Like I said, if you believe in the divine or not, there aren't many people who set a better example of how to live than Jesus.

I know what you mean Tasty and I agree with your entire post. I myself only classify myself as an athiest because I don't believe in any religion or faith.

I'm a Christian but I don't like saying it because the public doesn't have a very good view on Christians. I can't blame them, really, considering the most vocal group of Christians are the most intolerant.

I try my best to love everyone. Being human, and therefore imperfect, that doesn't always happen. But I do try.

I'm a Christian but I don't like saying it because the public doesn't have a very good view on Christians. I can't blame them, really, considering the most vocal group of Christians are the most intolerant.

I try my best to love everyone. Being human, and therefore imperfect, that doesn't always happen. But I do try.

^^

This

In the end I think that's what Jesus's teachings were about. They were about Love and Tolerance. Not Hate and Intolerance.

Let's just say that on this day, a million years ago, a dude died who most of us think was magic. But others don't, and that's cool. But we're probably right. Amen.

Reactions: X
I have to say, I almost didnt click on this topic because usually when you see a thread like this it's for the purpose of bashing christians...but I'm glad I took the chance...

Way to stand up Lee....much respect....

Thank you Jesus for your salvation....Happy Easter everyone...

I have no religious affiliation. Aside from personal beliefs, I could never associate myself with something that has been responsible for more death and hatred in the world than anything else since mans concpetion. The fact that people need a book to tell them what's right or wrong and how to live a caring and impactful life just doesn't sit well with me. I would never bash anyone for their beliefs though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back