• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CCS's thoughts about religions: requested by TM

A lot of people are nice and peaceful lol.

I live in the 2nd most Hindu populated place in the country. You know a lot of them celebrate Christmas and aren't even Christian. :p

Flames Out
Dragon

Yeah we celebrate Christmas. But we don't go to church or anything.

I was referring to the movie with that semi good looking guy who asks like he was just hit in the head.

I made this at 3:00 in the morning. TM said something smartass about me making a religion thread about me feelings towards every religion............so I did..

I dont think straight in the early hours of the morning.

A lot of people are nice and peaceful lol.

I live in the 2nd most Hindu populated place in the country. You know a lot of them celebrate Christmas and aren't even Christian. :p

Flames Out
Dragon

Because Christmas isn't a Christian holiday. It's very secular and culturally adapted. Just like Easter.

Christianity- tis' the way to go

Catholics- it's like a Richard simmons workout video

Muslims- good people, they believe in the same god I do, so they're fine by me

Jews- they're very good people, but I don't understand their customs

Atheists- they're the smarks of religion

Voodoo- it's creepy

Whatever that buddah stuff is called- it doesn't make sense

Satanism- they're all going to hellllllahhhhh!!!!!! Duh, that's what they want

Jedi- lol

Christianity (Protestantism) - Often complicates what Jesus actually professed. Exhibit A: the American church. Bickering and quarreling over church leadership and change. Plagued with selfishness and corruption. :(

Catholicism - Very awesome. I was watching The Godfather Part 3 yesterday and was reminded of how much I wish mainstream Protestantism would adapt this. I think we would be far less full of ourselves and more in touch with our own sinfulness.

Islam - I very much appreciate Muslims' ability to self-discipline and their appreciation for the sacred. Sometimes I think that women get a raw deal in some scenarios, but overall, Islam seems to be a pretty legit religious tradition. It gets a bad reputation because of controversies surrounding Wahhabi and connections with jihad.

Judaism - There wouldn't be any Christianity without Judaism. I appreciate its devotion to the Law.

Atheism - Live and let live, I guess. Many intelligent people deny that God or a supernatural exists, so there must be some pretty good evidence supporting that. I also commend Atheists for knowing more about the Bible than most Christians. I wish, however, that it was easier to engage them in conversation without either side getting overly defensive.

Buddhism - I have a difficult time with Buddhism in the sense that it teaches one not to feel, to an extent. This is a good system of belief if you are simply trying not to feel emotional pain, but it also tends to prevent reaching levels of happiness.

Satanism - I think it is a selfish way to live. It turns everyone into individualists who are capable of only self-love.

Those are my thoughts. I thought I would add something legitimate to make this thread actually have some decent conversation. I hope no one was offended...if so...let's discuss!

Jihad's become such a bad word. It's not supposed to be.

Oh and the reason I said the Christmas thing was because one of the Christian friends at my lunch table got mad at my Indian friends for celebrating Christmas.

Flames Out
Dragon

Christianity (Protestantism) - Often complicates what Jesus actually professed. Exhibit A: the American church. Bickering and quarreling over church leadership and change. Plagued with selfishness and corruption. :(

Catholicism - Very awesome. I was watching The Godfather Part 3 yesterday and was reminded of how much I wish mainstream Protestantism would adapt this. I think we would be far less full of ourselves and more in touch with our own sinfulness.

Islam - I very much appreciate Muslims' ability to self-discipline and their appreciation for the sacred. Sometimes I think that women get a raw deal in some scenarios, but overall, Islam seems to be a pretty legit religious tradition. It gets a bad reputation because of controversies surrounding Wahhabi and connections with jihad.

Judaism - There wouldn't be any Christianity without Judaism. I appreciate its devotion to the Law.

Atheism - Live and let live, I guess. Many intelligent people deny that God or a supernatural exists, so there must be some pretty good evidence supporting that. I also commend Atheists for knowing more about the Bible than most Christians. I wish, however, that it was easier to engage them in conversation without either side getting overly defensive.

Buddhism - I have a difficult time with Buddhism in the sense that it teaches one not to feel, to an extent. This is a good system of belief if you are simply trying not to feel emotional pain, but it also tends to prevent reaching levels of happiness.

Satanism - I think it is a selfish way to live. It turns everyone into individualists who are capable of only self-love.

Those are my thoughts. I thought I would add something legitimate to make this thread actually have some decent conversation. I hope no one was offended...if so...let's discuss!

Aww you turned my thread idea to get CCS banned into actual thought.

Jihad's become such a bad word. It's not supposed to be.

Oh and the reason I said the Christmas thing was because one of the Christian friends at my lunch table got mad at my Indian friends for celebrating Christmas.

Flames Out
Dragon

Hopefully you lovingly told them that they are idiots.

In terms of Jihad...it's the extremists/the media that have turned the word into such a terror.

Jihad isn't bad at all. Even Jihad of the Sword isn't supposed to actually be violent.

I'm not an overly defensive athiest.

I was just saying that if you feel like there's no hope for the athiests of the world you can look to me.

If you want any questions answered, I'd be happy to oblige.

Is there a particular reason why you don't believe in God?

Edit: or a "god"...don't want to offend polytheists.

more broadly...the realm of the supernatural...

Is there a particular reason why you don't believe in God?

Edit: or a "god"...don't want to offend polytheists.

more broadly...the realm of the supernatural...

At this point, I am not willing to state that god doesn't exist. I realize that there is no definitive proof one way or the other and there won't (probably) ever be. I realize that faith requires a certain lack of faith, but I simply can't make that leap. I think that the concept of God is comforting and I would like to believe, but I just can't accept his existence as fact.

I differ from many other athiests and am in many ways a weak athiest as I won't outright deny him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back