• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favourite American Football Team?

SBXLII:* Eli Manning (no he wasn't elite at the time, the game made him up in the conversation for that status)

Ha. Good QB. Best in NY. ;)

SBXLI: Rex Grossman (you can live in your fantasy world where Rex was a n elite QB all you want, but he was nowhere NEAR elite,
EVER)

Elite moments. Poor Consistency. He didn't show up.

SBXL: Matt Hasselbeck

Yeah. Way to underrate Hasselback. He was a pretty good QB in his day. He wasn't the best, but he was good enough.

SBXL:* Ben Roethlisberger (this was WELL before he was an Elite QB)

I'll give you him in this game.

SBXXXVIII: Jake Delhomme

Uhhh. Again, you're underrating Delhomme due to his recent suckage. He was a pretty damn good QB for the Panthers for awhile.

SBXXXVII:* Brad Johnson

Again, he was a good QB that year. Probably played above his level, but a good QB none the less.

SBXXXVI:* Tom Brady (nowhere NEAR Elite in this, his first starts)

A Good Defense, but don't discredit Brady.

SBXXXV:* Trent Dilfer
SBXXXV: Kerry Collins

Worse SB evar? And again. I used Dilfer as my benchmark, that shit doesn't happen.

Yes. Yes you did...

I said Shit All, not non-existence. Plenty of years a good defense doesn't get you shit. You gotta have an Elite QB or a Good QB playing above his normal level of play in this day and age.

You mean the Tampa Bay "Morons" in 2002 with Brad Johnson? Yeah, that surely doesn't work...

Whoooo! 8 years ago as your example. Awesome. Again, Brad Johnson was a good QB. He played above his talent level that year perhaps, but he was a Good Qb. You can't get by with a Jason Campbell.

But yes, it is difficult to replicate the 00 Ravens or 85 Bears. Good thing I know I wasn't saying that, nor pretty much anybody says it. You don't force replicating an all-time D, it happens naturally. However, PLENTY of teams have made it to, and won the Super Bowl, as defensive/running teams:
1. The 01 Patriots
2. The aforementioned 02 Bucs
3. The 05 Steelers
4. The 07 Giants
5. The 08 Steelers are arguable, since the D was outstanding

And those are just the WINNERS.

1 Can't discount Brady again. While I admit that D had a bunch of future HOF's on it, a Good Qb is required.
2 See 1.
3 I fully give you this. Ben did more to lose that game then win it.
4 Yeah. The pass rush had more to do with it then running, but Eli is and was still a Good Qb and they would not have won it without him.
5 Yeah not an Argument I'd take. That defense did more to lose the game for them then win it.

No, the bad thing is an owner trying to just purchase everybody regardless of whether they would fit in a defensive system, and bringing in stupid choices for coach like Jim Zorn.

Way to show you just listen to the media! Outside of the Zorn era, the issues really came because of Gibbs and Cerrato. Even then, we had no one else but Zorn at the time. But again, I guess I shouldn't expect non-Redskin fans to know the whole story.

Building a defense is paramount to success. Look at the Steelers recent run, look at the Patriots dynasty. 5 titles combined (now 7 Appearances), and the Defense was a MAJOR contributor to ALL of them.

You need a Solid D, no doubt. But D does mean shit all. Plenty of good D's don't get anywhere, look at the Raven's since they won with Dilfer. A good QB is paramount when it comes to getting to the dance.

Yeah, you said he was an elite QB. It was a spelling error, but you did say he was.

HOWEVER, even then he wasn't elite, he had his moments, but was never an elite QB.

Yeah. When he was on he was an Elite QB. He's always had a monstrous amount of talent, but his inconsistency was what killed him. Since he's been in Washington I found it out it is because he has the mental stability of a toddler. If things don't go his way early, he's fucked. He loses all composure once he makes a mistake. Tis why Mike hasn't gone out and fully endorsed him yet.

The New York (Football) Giants.

You can't not love this catch:
david-tyree-catch.jpg

Greatest catch of all time in the biggest upset of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back