Favourite American Football Team?

Too lazy to go through the whole six pages. Did anybody suggest the OP to follow the greatest shit team ever? The Cincinnati Bengals!

lulz Sully, you really need to do a BIT of research next time you speak about sports....

It IS 3. Super Bowl 42 vs. the Giants, 2009 Wildcard Round vs. Ravens, 2010 Division Round (1st round bye) vs. Jets.

And Dewey, no one has mentioned the Bengals yet.

As long as Ocho's there, I like the Bengals, so following them is fine if you don't choose the most entertaining team, the Jets.

lulz Sully, you really need to do a BIT of research next time you speak about sports....

It IS 3. Super Bowl 42 vs. the Giants, 2009 Wildcard Round vs. Ravens, 2010 Division Round (1st round bye) vs. Jets.

As long as Ocho's there, I like the Bengals, so following them is fine if you don't choose the most entertaining team, the Jets.

Still got Adam Jones, too, I think. I just hope and pray that overrated excuse for a quarterback keeps his word about being traded or retirement.....

Still got Adam Jones, too, I think. I just hope and pray that overrated excuse for a quarterback keeps his word about being traded or retirement.....
lulz, I wouldn't worry about that, I think both sides realize it's best for both parties to part ways. I wouldn't be surprised if they even cut him (if they can't find a trade). Although the sadder fact is the whole Ocho/Marvin Lewis feud, which looks like it will end with Ocho being gone. That makes me sad, as an Ocho fan.

And you guys have Adam "Don't call Me Pacman anymore" Jones? Shit, I didn't realize he was still around. Sorry to hear about that. He's shit.

lulz, I wouldn't worry about that, I think both sides realize it's best for both parties to part ways. I wouldn't be surprised if they even cut him (if they can't find a trade). Although the sadder fact is the whole Ocho/Marvin Lewis feud, which looks like it will end with Ocho being gone. That makes me sad, as an Ocho fan.

And you guys have Adam "Don't call Me Pacman anymore" Jones? Shit, I didn't realize he was still around. Sorry to hear about that. He's shit.

Jones did rather well in the two or three games he was physically capable of participating in. Too bad he got injured.

As for Ochocinco, Marvin Lewis already stated he wasn't going to get traded, as Mike Brown won't want to lose the money in his contract. And, as we all know, Mike Brown makes all the decisions, as he is too cheap to hire a GM....

Jones did rather well in the two or three games he was physically capable of participating in. Too bad he got injured.
REALLY? Shit, I didn't even realize he did anything even remotely not-shit on the field.

As for Ochocinco, Marvin Lewis already stated he wasn't going to get traded, as Mike Brown won't want to lose the money in his contract. And, as we all know, Mike Brown makes all the decisions, as he is too cheap to hire a GM....
I agree, but that relationship looks like it's gonna need a TON of rebuilding between Ocho and Marvin, and not the type to happen inside a Steel Cage at Lockdown (which isn't happening). Even though Mike Brown is a cheap piece of shit (and one of the worst owners in sports), I still am not sure about Ocho. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to trade him, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to get him, cause he's still an elite talent.

Damn well better happen at Lockdown! I'm buying my tickets as soon as I get my tax returns! Nothing beats a wrestling show at US Bank Arena, outside of a hockey game at said arena, or possibly a metal show at, ya' know, that arena...

5x-super-bowl-champions--rings.gif

2007, they went to the superbowl, lost to giants. 2008...didn't...make the playoffs...FUCK! :banghead:

Then how come all the Super Bowls before last year didn't surpass the MASH finale?

Jets are a popular team as well. No one's denying that. They're popular though because of their charisma and big mouths... not because they're a fun team to watch.

As true as this may be, do people watch for Defense? No, they watch for offense. That's why the league has been catering the rules for the offensive side of the ball these past few years... it's what sells tickets and gets ratings. And the Saints have had the best, most exciting offense and style of play the last 2 years. Fact.

Also, about that jab at the Saints defense... our best defensive player was hurt for the game, which is why they looked so terrible. If Malcolm Jenkins had been playing that game it would have gone a whole lot differently. Instead it was our run stopper safety and a 40 year old covering Seattle's wide receivers.

Seriously man, think about this for a second, the Saints defense was ranked 4th in the League during the regular season, and Malcolm Jenkins was our best player, who unfortunately got hurt on the last game of the season, so of course that was a big reason why Seattle put up the points they did (and besides the big run, all of Seattle's points came off of receivers beating safeties). Injuries are what cost the Saints at another shot to get to the Super Bowl when you think about it.

Because a lot of motherfuckers loved themselves some MASH, Jeffue. I am :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

Of course it's the most watched program in history, it's the fucking Super Bowl. Green Bay/Pittsburgh will almost definitely surpass it this year.

The Jets had the highest Divisional round TV rating in 14 years, and the AFC Championship Game had a 31.3, the highest in 24 years. Who gives a shit about ratings specific to Cable TV. In the complete ratings including all TV, the Jets win.

And this Greatest Show on Turf thing? Defense wins Championships. Look at the 4 teams in the Conference Championships, arguably the 4 best defenses in the NFL this year. The Saints "Greatest Show on Turf" got beat in the playoffs by an under .500 team because their D was so damn terrible it wasn't funny. Offense get the glory. Defense wins Championships (consistently). The Saints won last year BECAUSE they finally had a non-shit D. That didn't last.

That Awesome D was sitting at home last year while two high-powered offenses where winning.

Championships have almost shit all to do with Defenses now a days. If you don't have an elite QB, you ain't getting anywhere.

That Awesome D was sitting at home last year while two high-powered offenses where winning.

Championships have almost shit all to do with Defenses now a days. If you don't have an elite QB, you ain't getting anywhere.
:lol:

Since when did Eli Manning and Rex Grossman become elite QBs?

:lol:

Since when did Eli Manning and Rex Grossman become elite QBs?

Eli was borderline and I don't care what anyone says, when Rex is one he WAS an Elite Qb. His issue is, and always has been, consistency.

Don't attempt to use random outliers as an excuse. There is a reason guys like Brady, Ben, Peyton, and now guys like Rogers and Ryan will be looked at as SB favorites. Because they're damn good QB's.

Eli was borderline and I don't care what anyone says, when Rex is one he WAS an Elite Qb. His issue is, and always has been, consistency.
No, Rex Grossman was NEVER an elite QB. He was average.

Don't attempt to use random outliers as an excuse. There is a reason guys like Brady, Ben, Peyton, and now guys like Rogers and Ryan will be looked at as SB favorites. Because they're damn good QB's.
Lets see here.
Brady: Won Super Bowls when he had a Defense, didn't win Super Bowls when the D sucked.
Peyton: Won a Super Bowl the only year he had a defense.
Ben: Do we even need to discuss the Steelers D?
Rodgers: Packers have a Top of the line Defense.
Ryan: His D wasn't good, they got their ass kicked. Oh, and he's not a Super Bowl Favorite

I think there's a common denominator there.... They ARE damn good QBs (Ryans a bit overrated though), but they don't win unless they have a defense. Look at Kurt Warners career. He got lucky in his 1 Super Bowl win (was 1 yard from losing it), then lost he next 2 because his team couldn't play defense. But no, you can go on believing that Defense doesn't mean anything....

No, Rex Grossman was NEVER an elite QB. He was average.

Horse Shit. He fluxated between 100QBR games and Sub 30QBR games. He was Elite when he was on, absolute shit when he wasn't. Simple as that.

Lets see here.
Brady: Won Super Bowls when he had a Defense, didn't win Super Bowls when the D sucked.
Peyton: Won a Super Bowl the only year he had a defense.
Ben: Do we even need to discuss the Steelers D?
Rodgers: Packers have a Top of the line Defense.
Ryan: His D wasn't good, they got their ass kicked. Oh, and he's not a Super Bowl Favorite

Common Denomator? You need a damn good QB to even GET to the game. I never said you don't need a Solid D or a decent running game but morons who seem to think they can replicated the 2000 Ravens (or was it 01? I thought that was the GSOT) with Dilfer is ridiculous. Its the issue Redskins fans have now, we think we can just replicate the Hogs and will be Golden. Winning 3 SB's with 3 different QB's was bad for us in the long run, even if it made Gibbs a God.

The Steelers D nearly cost us the SB in 08...

The James Harrison td from the defense was huge. Plus they only gave up 21 points to a very good Arizona offense. 14 of those points came in the 4th quarter largely because the Pitt offense kept going 3 and out (2 three and outs followed by a two play drive where they gave up a safety to start the 4th). The defense wasn't perfect but they certainly didn't almost lose them the game.

Horse Shit. He fluxated between 100QBR games and Sub 30QBR games. He was Elite when he was on, absolute shit when he wasn't. Simple as that.

The occasional 100 qb rating game does not make you an elite qb. You are delusional to think otherwise. The fact that he had an elite defense and great running game also helped with those occasional good performances. Rex Grossman has never been and never will be an elite qb. He is average at best and that is being generous.

The occasional 100 qb rating game does not make you an elite qb. You are delusional to think otherwise. The fact that he had an elite defense and great running game also helped with those occasional good performances. Rex Grossman has never been and never will be an elite qb. He is average at best and that is being generous.

Read what I'm saying. I'm saying when he was on, those where Elite Performances. I never said he was an Elite QB, just that he had Elite moments.

Common Denomator? You need a damn good QB to even GET to the game.
Here's a list of non-"damn good" or elite QBs that have made it to the Super Bowl since 2000.

SBXLII:* Eli Manning (no he wasn't elite at the time, the game made him up in the conversation for that status)
SBXLI: Rex Grossman (you can live in your fantasy world where Rex was a n elite QB all you want, but he was nowhere NEAR elite, EVER)
SBXL: Matt Hasselbeck
SBXL:* Ben Roethlisberger (this was WELL before he was an Elite QB)
SBXXXVIII: Jake Delhomme
SBXXXVII:* Brad Johnson
SBXXXVI:* Tom Brady (nowhere NEAR Elite in this, his first starts)
SBXXXV:* Trent Dilfer
SBXXXV: Kerry Collins

All of those guys were NOT elite QBs at the time they were in the Super Bowl. The names with asterisks not only went to the game, but won the fucking thing too.

I never said you don't need a Solid D or a decent running game

Yes. Yes you did...
but morons who seem to think they can replicated the 2000 Ravens (or was it 01? I thought that was the GSOT) with Dilfer is ridiculous.
You mean the Tampa Bay "Morons" in 2002 with Brad Johnson? Yeah, that surely doesn't work...

But yes, it is difficult to replicate the 00 Ravens or 85 Bears. Good thing I know I wasn't saying that, nor pretty much anybody says it. You don't force replicating an all-time D, it happens naturally. However, PLENTY of teams have made it to, and won the Super Bowl, as defensive/running teams:
1. The 01 Patriots
2. The aforementioned 02 Bucs
3. The 05 Steelers
4. The 07 Giants
5. The 08 Steelers are arguable, since the D was outstanding

And those are just the WINNERS.

Its the issue Redskins fans have now, we think we can just replicate the Hogs and will be Golden. Winning 3 SB's with 3 different QB's was bad for us in the long run, even if it made Gibbs a God.
No, the bad thing is an owner trying to just purchase everybody regardless of whether they would fit in a defensive system, and bringing in stupid choices for coach like Jim Zorn.

Building a defense is paramount to success. Look at the Steelers recent run, look at the Patriots dynasty. 5 titles combined (now 7 Appearances), and the Defense was a MAJOR contributor to ALL of them.

Yeah, you said he was an elite QB. It was a spelling error, but you did say he was.

HOWEVER, even then he wasn't elite, he had his moments, but was never an elite QB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back