• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite current non-finisher move?

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
What is your favorite move?

-Must be currently used by a wrestler or tag team
-Can be WWE, TNA, ROH, or any televised wrestling promotion (so we can look it up)
-Must be a non-finisher move. I have nothing against them, but they're a whole other beast.

----------------

I was going to say R-Truth's Shotgun Stunner was my favorite current move, but I know he did use it as a finisher in TNA, and he's definitely won matches with it. I also don't know if this qualifies, but the freefall Samoan Drop that the Usos use is BRILLIANT and is definitely my favorite combo move in wrestling.

I know which move that would be for me. This move is currently used by Kofi Kingston, now he has used this move to finish off opponents on a few occasions. The move that I am talking about is the SOS that he uses.

The move just comes out of no where, and it's so appealing to see when he uses it. It gets me to mark out every time I see it. Now as I said earlier he has used it to finish off matches, but he does not use it regularly as a finishing move, it's mainly used to "wow" the crowd during the course of a Kofi Kingston match. It has made me say wow many times, so therefore Kofi's SOS is my favorite signature move.

The German suplex has always been my favorite wrestling move. It looked rather brutal. Especially the release version of it. Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit performed it so damn well. I think it's a shame that it's not around in WWE properly anymore. Jack is slowly reusing it. But it's not the same.

We used to watch Kurt Angle and Benoit wrestle on a regular basic using that move. The move can cause neck damage obviously so I think that is what is stopping it from being used.

Another one I absolutely love is the Three Amigos. Chavo Guerrero using his uncles invention. Eddie Guerrero. The triple rolling verticals. Absolutely love that move. I've always been a great fan of suplexes. And three repeatings of some of the better ones is an absolutely amazing thing for me.

I mark out for these moves like none other. And they are by far my favorite current, and all-time non-finishing move.

In my opinion the move for me would have to be Evan Bournes knee's to his opponents shoulders. I love watching Bourne hit this move because in my opinion it shows a lot of athleticism and great in ring skills.

Every time Evan Bourne hits this move it amazes me how great of an athlete and professional that Evan Bourne is. I mark out every time i see Bourne hit this move even though Bourne isn't my favorite WWE Star but when he connects with this move it brings me to my feet.

Does Christian still do that Tornado DDT thing off the top rope? Always enjoyed that. Everytime he did that in one of those matches with Swagger I thought he was pretty darn cool, man.

I'll admit I am prone to the Scoop Slam as well. Pretty sure there are like a million people who use it though. Samoa Joe's have been known to be quite lethal.

I've always been a fan of springboard moves. The springboard part adds a whole different dynamic to the manuever that appeals to me. Maybe its the flashiness, but I like them a lot.

Jericho's Lionsault is great. It really is too bad that he never hits it anymore. I cant remember the last time I saw him actually hit it. I believe Cody Rhodes started using a springboard kick. He performs it very well, and the sound it makes when it connects is great. It really looks devastating for a regular move.

I really like Christian's Pendulum Kick.Actually I think Kofi does it too,and it's a really sweet looking kick.Nice way to fake out your opponent and get em all rattled for a signature,finisher.

I love John Morrison's Chuck Kick. It takes real athleticism to pull off a move like that and it looks like it could really hurt you if the kick landed on the right spot to the head. Here's an example of it at use:

[youtube]RZoaFjlgEN8[/youtube]

I love John Morrison's Chuck Kick. It takes real athleticism to pull off a move like that and it looks like it could really hurt you if the kick landed on the right spot to the head. Here's an example of it at use:

[youtube]RZoaFjlgEN8[/youtube]

if you watch cody rhodes matches he does the chuck kick even better. That is one move that i am a huge fan of. But if I had to choose my favorite non finisher, then it would be the side effect by matt hardy. He always gets on a roll and then uses it. Really a great move.

I still to this day freak out over AJ Styles' Springboard Moonsault into the DDT where he does that backflip into a like DDT thing..that always gets me. Especially when he does it from the ring apron. He's just so quick and agile in the ring. I think another one I tend to love seeing is Edge's signature side bulldog...it almost looks like Hardy's Side Effect, but its like a sideways version of the bulldog, I've done it before on SDvsRaw 2010, and he's been doing in more recently in some of his matches and I just think its the coolest. I'm amazed at people going back to simple things for effectiveness.

I have to say one of them is JoMo's Shooting Star Splash, its basically Evan Bournes finishers on the mat, but I always love see it.
Another move I love more than any other is Amazing Reds Diving Reverse STO, I don't know if its his finisher or not, but it looks so cool whenever he pulls it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back