Extreme Rules is Gary Cherone's Favorite PPV LD

Eh, I kinda liked the ending. Neither could do enough damage to keep the other down for a 10 count, so Cena had to think of something more innovative than just destroying the other guy.

Great main event. Pretty solid show.

My Ratings said:
4/25/10 ShowMiz Gauntlet Match - *1/2
4/25/10 CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio - ***1/2
4/25/10 JTG vs. Shad Gaspard (Strap) - **3/4
4/25/10 Randy Orton vs. Jack Swagger (Extreme Rules) - ***
4/25/10 Triple H vs. Sheamus (Street Fight) - ***
4/25/10 Michelle McCool vs. Beth Phoenix (Extreme Makeover) - **1/2
4/25/10 Edge vs. Chris Jericho (Cage) - ***1/2 to ***3/4
4/25/10 Batista vs. John Cena (Last Man Standing) - ****

Cena duct taped Batista's legs around the ringpost. Creative ending, I liked it.

If this match ended the any other way, everyone would bitch that it was predictable. They do something innovative, and people bitch about that. That ending was THE shit.

Welcome to the WWE fanbase. In some regard, I would have liked a huge spot to end it for Cena to literally kill Batista, but I like the creativity and when you think about it, the move was brilliant. However, there are always some that will hate anything because Cena is the one that did it. That, or the WWE booked it so it must be bad. Of course, those same people probably enjoyed the never ending black hole in a ring to end a PPV too.

A GREAT PPV, nice ending with Cena being innovative, it would have been predictable to end it with something we'd expect. After 10 minutes it really did pick up in LMS match, we saw tables, chairs, a whole lot.

Eh, I kinda liked the ending. Neither could do enough damage to keep the other down for a 10 count, so Cena had to think of something more innovative than just destroying the other guy.

Exactly. The WWE has spent the last 8 years selling these guys as the two toughest most powerful sons of bitches in the WWE. They've had essentially everything that could possibly ever happen in a wrestling match happen to them, but they always come back for more. Cena used his brain. And honestly, when you think about it, its shocking that noone's ever thought of it before.

Very creative I must say. Mixed feelings about it, but honestly what else could he have done? They've pretty much ran out of ways to end these kind of matches. Maybe a rope or something would have been more believable than tape though.

Very creative I must say. Mixed feelings about it, but honestly what else could he have done? They've pretty much ran out of ways to end these kind of matches. Maybe a rope or something would have been more believable than tape though.

Duct tape is surprisingly hard to brake loose from. Plus, I wouldn't imagine Batista kayfabe spends a lot of time working on that kind of leg strength.

Did anyone hear that little kid say "I HATE YOU BATISTA"..shit was hilarious when Batista said "I HATE YOU TOO".

Duct tape is frackin strong dude. And if you looked at the angle Batista's legs were wrapped, it's not implausable to think that he couldn't get the right amount of leverage to pull the tape apart.

Duct tape is frackin strong dude. And if you looked at the angle Batista's legs were wrapped, it's not implausable to think that he couldn't get the right amount of leverage to pull the tape apart.

But not within 10 seconds, and that's all Cena needed. I love it.

Despite the new PG-rating era, they managed to put on a decent string of "extreme" matches. That was a good PPV.

I know it's strong, I just think using a rope would have been less comical in a way. Still liked the ending though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back