• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Everyone Cares About Rep

Because Brian, its that knack in us to show off our reputation. Green rep and the increase in rep power is a tell-tale sign to show who the heavy hitters are. But we already know that.

It's not tangible, but there is this pride associated with the increase of power.

Who's Brian?

I don't care that it's no longer visible, but part of me kind of felt like when my rep power went up a digit, that it was kind of like leveling up after running around gaining experience for a while...

Knights of the Round

Ok, you got some 'splainin to do...

There was another mod that is really cool that I wanted installed. When Buffaloed went to install it, something got messed up, and not only did my mod not work, he had to remove the other as well because it was causing forum glitches. Not sure why, that's just what he said.

Yeah it changed. Rep Power levels are no longer visible and the formula for rep power levels itself changed, as someone who was a rep power level 10 green repped me this morning for 7 points, for example. I can see why this would make some people upset but it isn't that big of a deal. Rep power levels being public were cool, although it's not the end of the world to be without them. If people see a post they think is funny or cool they will still be able to green rep the poster and we do still have a total rep score to look at in our User CP's.

the 750 posts was changed to 500, and the 1000 rep was changed to 2000. Sly seems to want rep power to be more of an indicator of activity in non-spam than if other people think you're a good poster, which makes sense

I don't like it at all. Thing is, I feel less inclined to rep someone now as it doesn't really count for anything. I'm repping them and they enjoy it, sure, but what's the point? It doesn't count towards anything now. I'm not the Tooth Fairy, bitch, I'm Spiderman. I want my actions to go noticed.

You can all still click your User CP and see who put pictures of shit in a toilet within a red rep

My legacy will remain on these boards long after I'm gone. Oddly enough, this might actually make TDig's words about me way back in the day truth.

There was another mod that is really cool that I wanted installed. When Buffaloed went to install it, something got messed up, and not only did my mod not work, he had to remove the other as well because it was causing forum glitches. Not sure why, that's just what he said.

That's why the latest threads/post/top rep/most posts thing at the bottom of the forum is no longer there if I do recall.

Wasn't that what was fucking up the clocks? Or am I mistaken? All I remember is that those things disappeared when the clocks actually stopped being terrible.

Neh because the clocks happened before and after then as well.

That's why the latest threads/post/top rep/most posts thing at the bottom of the forum is no longer there if I do recall.

Actually, I think that was either just removed for the sake of removing, or it had something to do with causing the servers to bog down. I don't remember, it was a while ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back