• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Everyone Cares About Rep

The rep system is imperfect but it is fun to get feedback and increase your power. It is also fun to see how others are progressing.

The best way to improve the system is for me to get rep based on how funny, insightful and interesting I think I am and not based on what other's think of my posts.

Plus 21 for me for this one.

There you go, I told you the dirty little secret of this forum.

I care about it, you care about it. The only people who don't care about rep are those who have far too much of it.

Tell me I'm wrong.

You're wrong...you even proved yourself wrong. First you say everyone cares about it, then you provide the exception which makes you wrong.

Sad.

You're wrong...you even proved yourself wrong. First you say everyone cares about it, then you provide the exception which makes you wrong.

Sad.

Automaton Debate Mode fully activated!

My biggest problem with rep is knowing the second time someone reps me they must have repped nine other people before repping me again. Makes me feel filthy inside.

Fortunately I always put on a condom before visiting the forum.

Sad.

Would you care about rep if you didn't automatically have 50?

Out of curiosity, how much rep would you have if you weren't an admin?

Tommy "Two-Times" Mozzarella;3845230 said:
Would you care about rep if you didn't automatically have 50?
If I cared, why would I set mine only at 50? Why not set it at 150?

I don't care about rep numbers. I like getting green or red for my posts. Other than that, I don't care.

Out of curiosity, how much rep would you have if you weren't an admin?
How much rep, or how much rep power? They are different.

I don't care about rep numbers. I like getting green or red for my posts. Other than that, I don't care.

I cannot imagine you get red rep very often. When was the last time someone red repped you, other than a disgruntled, "persecuted" noob?

I stopped caring about rep when I gained the ability to change anyone's at will.

Here's the thing: if we deleted everyone's rep, would you forget who the best posters are? Would you forget who is an idiot? No, because you can tell by reading their posts. The rep is little more than a way to praise someone's work. The score and/or power you have means nothing.

I cannot imagine you get red rep very often. When was the last time someone red repped you, other than a disgruntled, "persecuted" noob?

Usually I just get red because I'll either red rep someone first, or because stupid people don't like the fact I call them stupid.

Usually I just get red because I'll either red rep someone first, or because stupid people don't like the fact I call them stupid.

But that's exactly my point. I cannot imagine some noob getting into a red rep war with you. You give him a -50, he gives you a -1. Hardly a fair fight.

But that's exactly my point. I cannot imagine some noob getting into a red rep war with you. You give him a -50, he gives you a -1. Hardly a fair fight.

Most new posters don't even realize it. Plus, after one negative rep, their rep becomes grey, because they don't have enough rep to give negative rep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back