Eugene/Nick Dinsmore

Hbkfanforever

Can't stand wrestling
well should he as nick dinsmore he kicked as his mic skills were excellent do you think it is time for him to not be eugene anymore

i thought he needed a new gimmick the first time i saw eugene. If you were a wrester and got put with a ****** gimmick i d think i was on some sort of punishment. i mean how far can go with that?It's not like you d get a world or any other major single's title run as a ******. That and i dont find it all that entertaining.

i thought he needed a new gimmick the first time i saw eugene. If you were a wrester and got put with a ****** gimmick i d think i was on some sort of punishment. i mean how far can go with that?It's not like you d get a world or any other major single's title run as a ******. That and i dont find it all that entertaining.

With the exception of what he can do on the mic, he's pretty much open to doing more than just about anyone on the roster. Since he's known to pick up on things, he can easily incorporate great moves into his matches and still show his true talent, even with the gimmick. Additionally he can potentially have a layered gimmick as in still being "special" but also carrying on any other gimmick that exists. I'm not suggesting that he pull a Stevie Richards or Big Show and keep changing gimmicks weekly, but am suggesting that just as we constantly see wrestlers have gimmicks that are recycled from the past, he can as well, only with his Eugene personality.

There are several other options as well. I'm not suggesting that they're flawless, but they're still possible meaning that he's not necessarily as limited as some people claim. Losing the gimmick wouldn't necessarily hurt by any means. At the same time losing it doesn't automatically mean that he'll ever find any success or be allowed to show what he's capable of. We should know by know that what can happen isn't necessarily what does happen.

On a side note even WWE, who is known to be rude at times, has had the decency to not use the word "******."

eugene needs a new gimmick badley
if didn't act mentally ******ed he would get a big push and possibly a world title run down the road
but when hets a new gimmick he needs to stay heel and team or fued with some one from the spirit squad

On a side note even WWE, who is known to be rude at times, has had the decency to not use the word "******."

i didnt mean that in a derogatory way. That's just the redneck in me coming out. Around here in southern indiana we say '******' no 'mentally ******ed' or 'special' we aren't very politically correct.
I apologize if i offended anyone.

I think Eugene definately needs a new gimmick. He could be a World Champion or WWE Champion one day. He needs to drop the ****** gimmick, but stay heel.

the only way that you could "fix" the ****** gimmick and make it believeable, is if Euguene had something like shock treatment and it fried his brain, and made him normal but still kinda weird...I dunno something along the lines of that.

i d say to 'fix' him just have someone ddt or piledrive him through a table or something . Like back when bubba ray dudley would stutter and devon would smack him in the back of the head and he would quit stuttering for a second.

This is something i've said a few times. Turn him heel and have his "uncle" Eric Bischoff manage him. This way he could challenge for titles, espicially IC level, and Eric is back on tv.

WWE just don't use their talent the way it should be used!

When I was 13 years old(2 years ago) i found Eugene's gimmick hilarious but now...i find it really boring and almost insulting. I don't likethe IM SPECIAL gimmick as well. I would like WWE to make him feud with a big and strong wrestler at a ppv and ake eugene lose and say that he's «injured» just to make him comeback 2 or 3 months later...like the first show after wrestlemania on SmackDown! and make him act as somebody normal so that he can be a contender for the US title with MVP and Chavo so that they can bring Benoit to the world heavyweight title contention.

I think that fabichouxx has a point... Eugene is a pretty good wrestler, but he is not use properly. First, his ****** gimmick was pretty funny but now, his ''heel turn'' is not really good...

The character depth in Dinsmore's lousy gimmick will never be enough that he can get over in a meaningul manner to ever main event. If this isn't the case with a wrestler, then you go back to the drawing board. Dinsmore can work a good match, but the fact is that he'll never be more than cannon fodder for the main event class and jerking the curtain while his best in-ring years fly by him. TNA or Japan are what he needs. He needs to get the hell out of the WWE...and fast. The clock is ticking, Nick.

How do you know that this gimmick wasn't pitched by himself and that he doesn't enjoy doing it? These are the types of things that smarks pride themselves on knowing, but in reality they do not know the full details on it. Yes he has got good wrestling ability, but he is also a good actor with this Eugene gimmick. As far as I am concerned I do not like the gimmick, but if he's happy with the money he's making from it and the WWE likes it, that's a good enough reason to keep going with it. Perhaps a good stint in OVW could bring out the real Nick Dinsmore but until then, I am afraid we are stuck with it. Charisma and personality will get you far in the WWE today, so if this is good enough for him to do it, why would he want to stop?

How do you know that this gimmick wasn't pitched by himself and that he doesn't enjoy doing it? These are the types of things that smarks pride themselves on knowing, but in reality they do not know the full details on it. Yes he has got good wrestling ability, but he is also a good actor with this Eugene gimmick. As far as I am concerned I do not like the gimmick, but if he's happy with the money he's making from it and the WWE likes it, that's a good enough reason to keep going with it. Perhaps a good stint in OVW could bring out the real Nick Dinsmore but until then, I am afraid we are stuck with it. Charisma and personality will get you far in the WWE today, so if this is good enough for him to do it, why would he want to stop?

I recall reading something from a house show where Dinsmore broke character when a fan made comment that he could do better and he turned to them and said 'I know'.

I'm not sure if he really enjoys this gimmick but it isn't enjoyable any longer. I've thought for the longest time the easiest and best way to turn him was to reveal that he wasn't special at all and it was all an act to get an unfair advantage. Bischoff knew about it all along, they could tease it for a few weeks where people would see him acting out of character and then one day he would just come out and shoot a promo explaining his actions, Bischoff would be his new manager or whatever and there you go.

That's been my idea for the past few years, not sure if its possible anymore with him already kinda heel, I think if they wanted they could still do it

See Chase Davis answer below for an example as to why I'd hold that line of thinking. You like the gimmick, fine. I don't pride myself on liking something I find to be utter crap. My guess is that yes, the money is good...but not great. He's not making as much as the headliners and that is for sure. He'd probably want to stop and do something intelligent that could actually net him a top spot in the company. I'd be hard pressed to believe that a man with his talents would train his ass off and work his way through the developmental territory if he wasn't at all interested in becoming a top guy. With Eugene, it'd be a miracle if he did become the top guy. That's why I find the gimmick to be a waste of his abilities.

Perhaps a good stint in OVW could bring out the real Nick Dinsmore but until then, I am afraid we are stuck with it

How much of better stint in ovw can the real Nick Dinsmore get? He's a (ovw record) 8 time OVW champion,11 time tag team champion (10-time with Rob Conway, 1-time with Flash Flanagan)

He had a good run in OVW and just got stuck with a dead-end gimmick in WWE.
I say have someone piledrive him into some concrete or on the entrance ramp and have him 'snap' out of being 'special' ( <-- note my new political correctness :p)

How much of better stint in ovw can the real Nick Dinsmore get? He's a (ovw record) 8 time OVW champion,11 time tag team champion (10-time with Rob Conway, 1-time with Flash Flanagan)

He had a good run in OVW and just got stuck with a dead-end gimmick in WWE.
I say have someone piledrive him into some concrete or on the entrance ramp and have him 'snap' out of being 'special' ( <-- note my new political correctness :p)
Good call. He's got the tools, but it's another one of those lovely creative ideas where Vince and the crew need to be simulatenously bitch-slapped "Three Stooges" style and woken the f**k up for doing something that dumb and squandering a talent. I haven't seen a talent wasted this bad since the days of Ringmaster, Avatar, Aldo Montoya, and Max Moon. Hell, you could do that piledriver idea, or just take him off of TV for a year or so and repackage the guy if they have to keep him. Get the guy a new haircut and have him stop acting like a Special-Olympic hopeful, and presto! Bankable wrestler. I'd personally love for him to leave and go somewhere that isn't a full-blown circus where he could be used in something that's at least semi-worthy, otherwise WWE needs to get the lead out and realize they're not in a position to be pissing talent away like they are when it comes to Dinsmore.

I think if ecw sticks around,have him drop the gimmick at their next pay-per-view,have him talk about how he fooled everyone into believing he was a ******,(he could also point out that how ******ed we are for thinking that) and how his "uncle" eris was in on it!

Why ECW?case it would be time to start afresh in a new place,ONS2 would of been a perfect time to do this,cause he would of gaining respect from the ECW fans when they believed the company would mean something

I guess the problem I have is that in my opinion there is really no good way of having him drop the gimmick. I think he would have to go through drastic re-packaging that may include shaving his head/beard... altering his appearance so only the savvy wrestling fans would know who he is. I can't see how WWE could just have him say "Oh I was just messing... I'm not really mentally handicapped", the guy has been supposedly special for two years now. Last I checked someone can't stop being "special" after they get dumped on their melon... even the youngest of fans would know it's complete crap. I just don't know if there is going to be anything to save Dinsmore and it's really unfortunate.

He should just go away for 1-2 years then return re-packaged with a short clean hair cut and no beard. His new Name would be ******o and his gimmick would be of soemone who idolizes stone cold and bites off peoples nipples. But in all seriousness he should just be nick dinsmore.

I think eugene should have a match where he hits he's head on the turnbuckle or gets hit with a chair and gets beaten when he gets up he loks confused and walks out of the arena the next week he comes in with his hair cut looking cleaner no beard and is normal and quite intelligent and then goes on a huge winning streak and wins the I.C title

Ive always liked the idea that you see him over a few weeks seming to slip out of character as the fans boo him (which they do), and slowly get pissed off, then one week just have him snap, beat the hell out of some one and storm out... then he can come backthe next week and say yes his 'special' gimmick was just that...a gimmic, he kew he needed an act to make it in 'sports entertainment' and so he tried one, but now he's sick of it... the fans dont respect him, and he's going to go out for himself! Then basically have him go out as a ruthless machine (avoiding the kurt angle link!) and ignoring the entertainment side; basically beating people as quickly and easily as possible... with all this mma stuff wwe is trying it might work...

...but wwe wont go against the 'sports entertaiment' premise, so it wont happen... still just an idea!

i d say to 'fix' him just have someone ddt or piledrive him through a table or something . Like back when bubba ray dudley would stutter and devon would smack him in the back of the head and he would quit stuttering for a second.

How about have him in a stroyline where he scores with Candice or Maria, and is "cured" after spending a night with one of them.:lol2: I think it would be funny as hell.

Do you think there is any way to ever get Nick Dinsmore away from the Eugene character and into a serious title contender? What was he, an 8 time OVW Heavyweight Champion. They obviously had big plans for him.

Could he ever drop this gimmick and come back fresh? Or would he always have "Eugene" chants if he came back as someone else? My guess is that they will have him hit his head or be beat severely enough to turn him into another person. It feels terrible to even write that, but that's what I think they'll do. Either that, or a real longshot, he comes out and says how he was forced to play this offensive character and won't anymore. They have done that sort of thing before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back