Elimination Chamber: John Cena VS Kane - Ambulance Match

Could be fun. I actually thought they worked better together than other people I talked to gave them credit for at the Royal Rumble, but there's no doubt their styles will probably mesh better in a gimmick match that necessitates brawling.

This sounds like a really interesting match, one that I am looking forward to seeing. The last one I remember was Kane vs Shane McMahon so its been a while. I'm just not sure how it's going to fair in the PG environment. However WWE despite being PG and blood free has done (in my opinion) a fairly decent job at keeping things interesting without blood. As far as predictions I can envision one of a few scenarios. Assuming it's time for a heel turn for John Cena I can see him losing the match and then returning as the heel at a later time, realizing he needs to 'embrace the hate' to defeat Kane, or two assuming he stays face he wins the match and 'defeats' Kane once and for all, at least as far as the current story-line is concerned.

No matter what happens this, as I said, is a match that I am looking forward to especially because apparently it is going to be the ending of the feud one way or another.

When you think about it all this feud centres around is Cena embracing the hate. It just sounds fucking ridiculous.

Cena, man up, embrace the hate ffs this is pro wrestling not Sesame Street.

We all know Cena will rise above, which makes this whole feud pointless.

This "embracing the hate" thing is really pissing me off because I am having a hard time grasping what the "hate" really is. I know that it is supposed to be Cena finally accepting the hatred that the fans have towards him and start hating them back but in the context of this match, hate might as well be what Kane calls his penis.

Picture this. Cena would embrace the hate, as most posters appears to be thinking, if Cena beats the hell out of Kane. But then, how can Cena expect to win such a brutal match if he does not beat the hell out of his opponent. This is John Cena, a guy who never gives up. So, why would he go into a match thinking that he will lose the match only so that he does not have to embrace the hate?

Then again I seem to remember Randy Orton and RVD having an ambulance match in 2007. I may be wrong but I seem to remember that the only thing that was neede to win the match was pushing your opponent over a line. Surely, that cannot be Cena's strategy.

I do not know what will transpire at the event. Maybe it will end with Cena beating the hell out of Kane and the commentators suspecting that he has finally embraced the hate while Cena will explain his actions the next night by stating he did what he did to win the match. Duh.

Wasnt this match really fucking stupid last time? ambulance match I mean.

Anyways, Kane loses power every time Cena makes him back up, let alone whipping his ass on a weekly basis. He should win this. Cena cant go "the whole way" some such bullshit. It does nothing for anyone for Cena to win here. The match with Rock will sell regardless. Obviously, since only one half of the match has been around to build towards it.

Kane should win. He is the serial killer, its an ambulance match. Hello. Probably wont though.

I've never been a big fan of the ambulance stipulation overall, but I think it actually makes sense in this situation. The feud between Cena & Kane has become a personal one to say the least. Kane has targeted Cena mostly because of who he is and has attacked the essential core values of Cena's face character. It's not a feud that's so much about wins or losses as it is about just seeing who is ultimately left standing at the end of the day.

I think this will be a great, hard hitting brawl between these two that will close out this feud. I've enjoyed this angle overall because of it's potential to take the John Cena character in a different direction. I don't know if Cena will go full blown heel, but I do think we'll see an overall darker John Cena after Elimination Chamber. In order to beat Kane, Cena will have to sort of shed his humanity and to embrace a darker side of himself. A lot of fans are embracing this idea, Cena hasn't been getting nearly the same level of boos over the past few weeks that he's gotten in the past. During his last promo, he got almost nothing but cheers and got great fan response when he went apeshit on Kane a few weeks back.

There's no way that Cena loses this match. I think they'll use this match as a real springboard for Cena going forward to WrestleMania. I don't believe he'll be the same guy that The Rock has poked fun at during his return promos. He won't be out there cracking cute jokes or trying to be all smiles & of good cheer.

This feud hasn't been the overall center of attention on Raw and I think some people are a bit thrown off by that. After all, when was the last time a John Cena feud wasn't the most highlighted aspect on Monday nights? Personally, I think it's been extremely refreshing to see a Cena feud that doesn't gobble up tons of television time each week. It may not seem quite as epic because of that but, again, no problems with that because it's nice to see other things on Raw having more prominence and time given to it.

I'm picking Cena for the win here. Cena should be able to keep his cool. I'm not expecting him to lose his composure, and throw some type of rage filled temper tantrum, as he beats Kane to within an inch of his life. Cena might come close to the edge, but he won't completely snap. I also wouldn't be surprised, if we saw a Zack Ryder appearance during this match. Kane VS Ryder could make the Mania 28 card, and you have to believe Ryder will seek revenge at some point.

I've never been too crazy about ambulance matches, but this feud has become very intense over the past couple of months, so the ambulance stipulation should be a good choice for this match. Kane wants Cena to "embrace the hate," and Cena will be forced into a situation, where he must beat the living hell out of Kane, if he wants to win the match. Cena won't let his emotions get the best him during this match, though. Kane will try to provoke him again, but I don't except Cena to go nuts and destroy him.

Kane really doesn't have anything to gain with a win, but Cena could use the momentum as he heads into Wrestlemania 28 for his match with The Rock. Cena should emerge as the winner in this feud, and a win over Kane at Elimination Chamber could give his character a nice boost.

I'm thinking the John Cena/JBL "I Quit" match here, without the blood, and a different stipulation of course. Something will happen this Monday on Raw that will push Cena over the edge, something that's never been done before. That's tough, because he's been stabbed in a nightclub, Edge broke into his dad's house, and Orton punted his dad in the head. But with WWE expecting us as fans to have short memories, I'm certain it will be billed as one of the most heinous events in WWE history. I'm not a fan of this type of match, the concept it absurd. In reality, the two men could battle into the ambulance together, and one could slip out, slamming the door. We've seen such nonsense in Stretcher Matches before, and it's always annoyed me. The last Ambulance Match, to my recollection, also featured Kane and Shane McMahon, and it was terrible, and I'm not expecting much better here.

Anyways, Cena picks up the win here. After the way Kane has mostly demantled him throughout their feud, he needs the win in his last PPV match before his showdown with the Rock. I expect this match to be brutal, and Cena will snap, giving him the "power" he needs to finally beat the guy whose physically dominated him at every turn. As I said, something will happen that will push Cena over the edge, and it will seem as if he embraced the preverbial hate.

This is much more of a storyline than a match, in my mind. The winner and loser here are far less important then how Cena emerges from this match. Will Cena be pushed over the edge with regards to Kane only, and go back to being his usual character following? Or will Cena become more brutal, enjoy the newfound rage, and go forward into Wrestlemania this way? I'm guessing the former, as I think we'll see Cena brutalize Kane to the point of being unconscious, winning the match in a definitive manner. But following, he'll regret his momentary "lapse in judgment", at least at some point before Wrestlemania. But I expect this to be a physical match, with Cena assuredly picking up the win here.

Up until Monday Night on Raw, I was sure that Zack Ryder would have came out and help Cena pick up the victory. But now I have no idea how this match is going to go, although I do believe that John Cena needs the win going in to his match with The Rock at Wrestlemania.

I do believe that Ryder will be involved somehow, either still helping Cena as Kane has attacked and taken Ryder off Raw for a month, leading to what has happened with Cena/Eve. Or he will take out both Kane and Cena with a chair leaving them both down in the ring. Either way, Raw on Monday made this story more interesting.

I heard something on Raw that I thought was strange. When (I think it was) Cole was describing how the ambulance match worked ("you have to put your opponent into the ambulance and then slam the door"), Lawler then added something like, "The match is over when the ambulance leaves the arena." I don't remember that specific stipulation ever being part of an ambulance match, and if it wasn't, then something tells me that the match is going to end something like this:
(a) Cena puts Kane into the back of the ambulance and slams the door;
(b) The ambulance starts to drive away, then either stops or turns around (and may even try to run over Cena);
(c) Cena goes to yell at the driver, and the door opens to reveal please, please, please, pleasepleaseplease, please, did I mention "please", anybody EXCEPT The Undertaker, who then proceeds to knock Cena out, take Kane out of the ambulance, put Cena in, and drive off.

I heard something on Raw that I thought was strange. When (I think it was) Cole was describing how the ambulance match worked ("you have to put your opponent into the ambulance and then slam the door"), Lawler then added something like, "The match is over when the ambulance leaves the arena." I don't remember that specific stipulation ever being part of an ambulance match, and if it wasn't, then something tells me that the match is going to end something like this:
(a) Cena puts Kane into the back of the ambulance and slams the door;
(b) The ambulance starts to drive away, then either stops or turns around (and may even try to run over Cena);
(c) Cena goes to yell at the driver, and the door opens to reveal please, please, please, pleasepleaseplease, please, did I mention "please", anybody EXCEPT The Undertaker, who then proceeds to knock Cena out, take Kane out of the ambulance, put Cena in, and drive off.

That's how I would love to see it play out, with The Rock being the driver. I highly doubt that's what they're going to do but it would be sweet if the doors open and The Rock is driving the ambulance.

I have thought about this allot from a logical point of view. But this is logical

Rock is still promoting his film, now if they decide fully end the kane/cena rivalry at the chamber. If rock continues not to show up on RAW for atleast a few more weeks? the elimanation chamber is sunday february 19th, WrestleMania 28 is april 1st, count off the first 2 RAW's after the chamber, the date will 5th of march. They have 4 RAW events to build up their feud, not much is needed. cena I have been hearing has a few injury's, which is one reason why he has hardly been wrestling. Would they regenerate cena after a brutal match with kane? and lose to kane and come back with a fresher different cena? and he will be ready for wrestlemania? has he will be able to put on a better mact, that means putting him on the shelf until rock returns. Kane himself has only returned since december, it would not make sense for a newly masked kane to be on the shelf again. When Kane himself is much fresher and fitter than than cena, who needs a bit of a break.

To put kane over in this feud, it puts kane into overdrive has the beast who has ruined cena ryder and eve's lives, when before they were in their perfect little world. And kane himself has slayed the biggest name in the company. What I also found strange, kane said last time on RAW and I quote (that cena will not compete in a WWE ring until WrestleMania) did glen jacobs accidentally spout out the outcome of the ambulance match OOOPs.

I maybe wrong and they continue to protect the member of the breakfast club, but logically it would make sense. If rock is not available for a few more weeks, would the writers do it and have cena lose this feud? to give him that break. So cena is ready for his biggest ever match, so it completes his character transition?

What do you guys think?

I could see that happening.

It's like Undertaker-Triple H, it wouldn't make sense for one of the guys to compete weekly while the other is just doing promos.

But I see Cena winning the brutal match, but like you said won't compete until Mania to "save his energy" or something along those lines

I could see that happening.

It's like Undertaker-Triple H, it wouldn't make sense for one of the guys to compete weekly while the other is just doing promos.

But I see Cena winning the brutal match, but like you said won't compete until Mania to "save his energy" or something along those lines

if rock does not show up on RAW, what is the point in cena showing up. A feud does not work if the other guy is not there. If cena is feuding with rock, and rock is not there, Cena is feuding with himself with absolutely no material, but saying the same crap. If they see a big payoff after the kane/cena feud, then throw cena on the shelf by losing the feud. When rock returns he taunts cena, then cena is back has a totally different person. But I forgot the company will kill cena, by keeping him on TV has much as possible

I'm not really sure where your coming from. When did the Rock no-show? He's only been advertised for the last couple of Raws before Wrestlemania anyway.

No Kane did not give away the result of the ambulance match, he's a heel do saying Cena won't wrestle till Wrestlemania is a heelish thing to do? Remember Jericho, before the Rumble? (This Sunday will be the end of the world as you know it, then Sheamus won)

And no, Cena probably won't loose this Sunday because he needs at least a bit of credibility going into WM, the last time he had the upper hand was when he gave the Rock an AA on the Raw after WM27.

I get where you're going with this. Is Rock going to be there? Probably not... He should do at least one promo... via satellite every single week just for the sake of building.

Cena should lose at Elimination Chamber so that he can rest going into this match at Mania. That keeps momentum on Kane and throws the match into "jeopardy". Cena definitely needs the break leading into the match.

Rock should come to Raw ONE time when Cena is out and taunt him a bit... Cena then returns with more edge and we roll to mania... That way there is more interest generated...

I'm not really sure where your coming from. When did the Rock no-show? He's only been advertised for the last couple of Raws before Wrestlemania anyway.

No Kane did not give away the result of the ambulance match, he's a heel do saying Cena won't wrestle till Wrestlemania is a heelish thing to do? Remember Jericho, before the Rumble? (This Sunday will be the end of the world as you know it, then Sheamus won)

And no, Cena probably won't loose this Sunday because he needs at least a bit of credibility going into WM, the last time he had the upper hand was when he gave the Rock an AA on the Raw after WM27.

No kane should be saying, cena will be so brushed and battered so much he wont compete for a long time, let alone fight rock. That is what a heel especially a monster heel like kane would say, he would target by putting cena out for months and ending his WM dream.

If rock is not showing up on RAW events during the build up to WM, it is not even a feud. We will be back to square one with cena, with cena doing nothing because has has not got rock in person to work with. Can you imagine a feud happening, and that wrestler showing up, but he has not got his opponent even building the feud because he has not even there, he is just cutting promo's for 4 to 5 weeks without his opponent. It would be awful, and it is better to put cena out of action until rock is available, and it would rest cena's battered body from the travelling.

That is what should be from a logical point of view, cena loses, he is off TV for a few weeks until rock returns, cena is fresh regenerated for his big match as a totally different person. Because that is what the writers have been building this kane/cena feud, a character change for cena. If he is on RAW the next night? the character change cannot and wont happen

The Rock is confirmed live and in person for these dates so far.

RAW 2/27
3/5
3/12
3/26

WrestleMania
4/2

The match itself and aftermath. Its going to pick up in 2 weeks basically.

The Rock is confirmed live and in person for these dates so far.

RAW 2/27
3/5
3/12
3/26

WrestleMania
4/2

The match itself and aftermath. Its going to pick up in 2 weeks basically.

You beat me too it lol! I can't see them keeping Cena off tv with The Rock being there 3weeks in a row from the 27th Feb to the 12th March. I just hope we have a different Cena by the time The Rock is on Raw otherwise all this stuff with Kane would have been for nothing!

This should be an interesting match, at the very least. WWE has been hell-bent on pushing this feud as something personal, like there's some hatred between Kane and Cena, so the Ambulance Match stipulation makes sense. I think it's going to be pretty simple, actually, this will be a brawl. I'm looking for Cena to come out and play up the anger we've seen in recent weeks. The whole point of this feud has been to "embrace the hate" and throughout, Cena has been showing that edge he has. He wants to hurt Kane, so this match definitely works out great.

I think it's a forgone conclusion at this point that Zack Ryder will be making an appearance, as well. Not only did he see Cena kiss Eve, he slapped Cena multiple times, then got pushed off of the stage by Kane. I don't think they'll avoid having him on the PPV, even if he's supposed to be injured. He'll be used in the finish or something like that. He won't wrestle, but maybe he can serve as a distraction or something like that. After all, Ryder has been nearly as large of a focal point in this feud as Kane and Cena both have and if this truly is the major blow-off in this feud -- which it is, the stipulation is a "feud ender" and they have to start building toward Rock and Cena -- Ryder will have to be involved in some way.

Overall, this is an interesting match. It's not the focus of the show, there are two Elimination Chamber matches on the card, which will clearly be what sells the show, but I think it'll go on last. I can see it being the separating match between the Chambers too. It won't be a masterpiece, but it'll be one hell of an entertaining brawl.

what i dream for would be...

kane dominates the entire match and then superhero john cena suddenly fights back out of no where and throws kane into the ambulance.
how predictable.

but, when cena wants to drive the ambulance. the rock is in the driver seat. and starts beating the hell out of john cena and do a rock bottom from the roof of the ambulance to the concrete floor.

the entire arena will scream like crazy

the next monday night raw ratings will shoot to the skies!

There are so many different paths they can take with this. Cena could squash Kane, they might even have Kane win, and Ryder will almost certainly get involved. Kane is great at putting people over and would remain over if he lost here, despite being in a different character than what most of the fans remember him playing. Masked or not, the loss will not hurt Kane. Cena on the other hand, has one of the biggest matches in wrestling history on the horizon. He should win here because it is crucial that he walk into that match with large amounts of momentum. I see Cena winning with Kane taking out frustrations the next night on Raw, giving Ryder a chance to set up a Wrestlemania angle between the two. The match itself? It should be alright, although I am sure that both Elimination Chamber matches will be better.

Dagger's Prediction
John Cena will defeat Kane

Yeah, move aside Kane; meaning, The Rock is coming back and you're not nearly as important as he is. This match sounds quite interesting but I really can't bring myself to really care what happens here. It's likely Cena will win and continue his feud with The Rock as Kane slides away from the spotlight. While I do like the embrace the hate angle, there's no doubt in my mind Cena will walk away here the victor here. Kane winning would obviously make Cena look like shit a month or so before his huge Wrestlemania match with The Rock. I do have a feeling The Rock will appear for some strange reason. That's what this feud is all about; embracing the hate so he can beat The Rock.

I see this match being Kane dominated with Cena somehow getting the revenge for Zack Ryder and himself. Something big has to happen at the end if the WWE wants Cena to move onto The Rock. No matter what, there's absolutely no way I see Kane pulling out a victory here. It's the classic heel/face rivalry; heel gets the best of face, face looks weak, face over comes the odds and beats the heel - this will be nothing different. But like I said, I'm too damn excited for The Rock's return in a couple of weeks so I couldn’t care less. I'm ready for this Wrestlemania build-up to begin already.

Hamler's Prediction - John Cena will defeat Kane.

I’m interested as to what will happen in this match, especially Zack Ryder's involvement. I have 2 different opinions as to what will happen...

1. Kane dominates Cena for most of the match; Cena eventually comes back and gets in some offence. Just as he is about to put Kane in the ambulance The Rock's music hits and he appears on the titantron distracting Cena. Kane can take advantage of this and put Cena in the ambulance (possibly with some help from Ryder). This will ignite another spark in the Cena-Rock rivalry leading up to Wrestlemania.

2. John Cena defeats Kane cleanly. Zack Ryder could get involved and attack both men, or just attack Kane due to what happened on raw. This will give John Cena momentum leading into his big match with The Rock, and will allow Kane to move onto a feud with Ryder.

As cool as it would be if the Rock would be involved with this match, I just can't see any way he gets involved with it. Ryder will be in there at some point, but can we really see the Rock coming out to what's essentially a filler PPV to get at Cena, when they can hold off till WM to really get at each other? If the Rock is scheduled to show up in near RAW's then the build for WM will happen there.

I can't see any way Cena doesn't walk out of this as the victor, and moving away from Kane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back