Elimination Chamber: John Cena VS Kane - Ambulance Match

The Eighties

Forward Thinking Nostalgist

One thing is certain at WWE Elimination Chamber on Feb. 19 – someone will be leaving in an ambulance by the end of the night. On the Feb. 6 Raw SuperShow, Interim Raw GM John Laurinaitis announced a rematch between John Cena and Kane. In a move he said the WWE Board of Directors liked, the Interim Raw GM said the rivals will clash in an Ambulance Match.

The rules of an Ambulance Match may be simple, but getting to the final bell will be anything but as there are no pinfalls, submissions, count-outs or disqualifications. To win, a competitor needs to incapacitate his opponent, throw him into the back of a waiting ambulance and shut the door, sending him directly to the nearest medical facility.

Brutal and barbaric, an Ambulance Match at Elimination Chamber may be the only appropriate setting as one of the most intense rivalries the WWE Universe has ever seen reaches its apex.

While some conflicts explode after just one inciting incident, others build slowly and steadily over time. When it comes to Cena and The Big Red Monster Kane, their rivalry has intensified each week for the past few months, with each act of aggression topping its predecessor. In his continued efforts to get Cena to finally embrace the hate, Kane has used those closest to Cena to get his message across.

Kane’s relentless assault on Cena’s friend, Zack Ryder, began on the Jan. 3 episode of Raw SuperShow, when The Devil’s Favorite Demon tried to drag Ryder into the abyss underneath the ring. Luckily, Cena was there to save the day, but that did nothing to quell the monster’s fury.

The next week, Kane chokeslammed Ryder off the loading docks outside the arena, seriously injuring him (WATCH). Then, on the Jan. 23 Raw SuperShow, Kane intensified his attacks, chokeslamming Ryder through the stage and sending the Superstar to a nearby medical facility (WATCH). A visibly furious Cena uncharacteristically snapped, refusing Josh Matthews’ interview request by knocking the microphone out of the announcer’s hand.

The following Sunday at the 25th anniversary of the Royal Rumble, Cena and Kane battled to a double count-out. But it was naïve to think that a ring bell would be enough to stop these two from tearing each other apart. The war raged on outside the ring and all over the arena, with Kane getting the upper hand on Cena, courtesy of a steel chair. (PHOTOS)

Kane’s constant torment has taken Cena to unchartered territory, revealing a vicious and previously unseen side of the Leader of Cenation, as witnessed on the Jan. 30 episode of Raw. After Eve’s loss to Divas Champion Beth Phoenix, Kane appeared at ringside, terrifying the helpless Diva. An incensed Cena again came to the rescue, continually battering Kane with the steel ring stairs and sending The Devil’s Favorite Demon scurrying through the WWE Universe. (WATCH)

Now, the two powerhouse Superstars prepare to meet at Elimination Chamber, in what will be their most vicious bout yet. A rare stipulation throughout history, the WWE Universe hasn’t witnessed an Ambulance Match since Survivor Series 2003 which, perhaps unsurprisingly, featured Kane. Despite a heroic effort on the part of Shane McMahon during that match, The Big Red Monster’s brutal assault proved too great and it was Kane who slammed shut the ambulance doors on his opponent.

I think this feud has ran out of steam somewhat but this is the ideal stip for a wild brawl to finish it off.

Cena will obviously win but I think what we saw from his beatdown of Kane last week was just a taste of the whooping he'll put on him at the PPV, only he'll do it all without embracing the hate, how exactly I don't know but it should be a decent match.

It's funny, I had totally forgotten that there had already been an Ambulance match already in the WWE, my first though was it'll be just like watching a stretcher match. :p But this sounds like a very fun brawl match that is going to be perfect for this feud, as much as I would normally say Kane would win a match like this you have to go with Cena in this one considering it's time to start building for Mania. It should be a great match though, all of their matches have exceeded my expectations and when I saw them at the Oakland house show they had a brilliant match, this one will kick ass and Cena will take it in the end.

An interesting stipulation. It has been some time since I saw an Ambulance Match. The last one I can recall is Booker T vs Austin Creed for some reason on an episode of TNA Impact (it may have been PPV but my gut tells me otherwise). The last one in the WWE...I can't even recall. It's definitely an intriguing proposition and one that promises to get probably as hardcore as the WWE gets these days.

There seems to be a fairly obvious conclusion wherein Cena "embraces the hate", destroys Kane, and wins, meanwhile fulfilling the terrible monster's wishes all along, and so on. Most of us can envision that scenario. The thing is, I'm not really sure the WWE is committed to this whole "embrace the hate" thing. They've flip-flopped on it before, seemed to go down the road then retreat, haven't had much of a clear direction for it on the whole...I wonder that they'll give it the logical payoff. I mean, certainly, it will take a heck of a beating for Cena to end Kane, but he's beaten up guys pretty fiercely before without it being a turn to the dark side. So even a pretty vicious end for Kane here would likely be up in the air as to whether or not the WWE wants to play that angle. It all comes down to the question of the hour, really, which is, of course - does Cena turn heel at WrestleMania? If yes, the obvious thing to do here is play up the embracing of the hate. If Cena goes over the line once, then he'd do it again with the Rock. Alternatively, they could swerve, have him keep his cool, and not telegraph the heel turn.

If Cena does not turn heel at WrestleMania...well, the same options remain, which really gets us nowhere, does it? I think it would make sense in that case to have him give in, again, but prevail over his inner demons at WrestleMania and remain the white knight. On the converse, the WWE has shown a total inability to make Cena look like anything less than flawless in some time, so they might refuse to even tease that Cena might give into the dark side at WrestleMania, toss this angle aside as filler, and have a more traditional build to the big match.

I think we'll see Cena kick a lot of ass, "embrace the hate", and win this match. Whether he turns at Mania or he doesn't, I think that's the best move to make artistically and I think creative will recognize that.

The stipulation is awesome and makes sense. Kane is going to have to push Cena so far over the edge that the only way he will be able to beat him, is if he "embraces the hate" and bludgeons Kane so bad that he has to put him in the back of an Ambulance.

I fully expect a war and I also fully expect Cena to go ape shit on Kane. In the end Cena will be the one standing tall and off to bigger and better things at Wrestlemania with The Rock.

Cena is obviousily going to win, will it be a good match? i think it will, but i highly doubt they will top Kane vs Shane ambulance match from 03, i thought that was a very good mathc, and i just dont see them 2 pulling off something that spectacular, but i think Cena doesnt embrace the hate and wins in cena style, and theres no way in hell that Cena could ever turn heel, hes been permanately put in this role, and he's stuck there for life. they can try, but it would never happen, its too late now.

Just a thought. What if they have Cena lose?

He is all about "rising above hate" so what if they have him really kicking Kane's ass and part way through he sees that smile on Kane's face and he mentions something like "Finally John, finally you have embraced the hate" and he realizes what he has done and just sits back and lets Kane beat his ass and the more Kane turns it up the more John just takes it, the whole time solidifying his status as the guy who beats all the odds and "rises above hate"

As much as I dislike Cena's character I can't see them making him turn. He is too marketable in his current state, he sells both pro and anti Cena gear, and the positive publicity he brings to not only the WWE but wrestling in general due to his appearances and charity work is far too great to risk blowing by turning him just to appease some fans

The funny thing is, Cena is kind of a heel already if you think about it. How the hell did CM punk turn into a face by beating him? The rock is certainly the face in this fued right? Cena remains a face in the eyes of the kids and the casual fans but I think that he does some heelish things that could only be noticed by the hardcore fans who already mostly hate him. They might as well not turn him fully because who would boo him then? How is he supposed to become a heel anyway? He's gonna beat the crap out of the rock regardless. I see Cena beating the crap out of Kane to win, and kane saying "Finally, you've embraced the hate" Maybe Cena will thank kane for finally showing him the light or whatever. Either way its pretty interesting because they can go either way with it. It could be the start of a huge change or things can stay the same and it would make sense.

I love the WWE right now. This match is going to be a great match. This feud adds a wrinkle to Cena that gives him an edge but he's still the same iconic character he was before. It's the best possible way to have him go into a match with the Rock. I fully expect him to destroy Kane, maybe with some sort of stunt finish.

I saw it mentioned somewhere that the last Ambulance Match in the WWE was between Kane and Shane McMahon in 2003. I vaguely recall that after Kane tombstoned Linda McMahon on the stage.

I am actually looking forward to this match believe it or not. The stipulation not only makes sense but is refreshing. I am sick of the last man standing match or the falls count anywhere match. This is good, the match will be brutal and thats what we want from a feud like this.

Many people will think Cena will show his "heel side" again but people need to realise he does this in all the intense feuds so he wont be turning heel.

As for the winner, I expect Cena to get a win here. Kane wont lose any momentum if he loses here but if Cena was to lose then it would look bad for his Mania match against the Rock. Hang on, if Cena loses here then he is beating the Rock at Mania and visa versa.

This is just a what if...but what if The Rock somehow costs Cena the match? Forget heel/face - the crowd is gonna cheer/boo no matter what. But what if it's The Rock who finally pushes Cena over the edge by making him lose to Kane? It would be a much edgier Cena at WM instead of one who just rises above hate V Kane and, whoops ok now I'm still a nice guy and have The Rock in a month scenario.

Just thinking out loud.....

This is just a what if...but what if The Rock somehow costs Cena the match? Forget heel/face - the crowd is gonna cheer/boo no matter what. But what if it's The Rock who finally pushes Cena over the edge by making him lose to Kane? It would be a much edgier Cena at WM instead of one who just rises above hate V Kane and, whoops ok now I'm still a nice guy and have The Rock in a month scenario.

Elimination Chamber is in Milwaukee, do you really think Rock is going to Milwaukee?

Maybe Rock "via satellite" costs Cena the match, which would be even better IMO to play off the heat Rock gets from the few who dislike him. Makes for a good Cena promo "you can't hide 2,000 miles away 'via satellite' at Wrestlemania".

While I don't think this match will be as good as the Shane Vs Kane ambulance match which is one of my favourite Kane matches. It is still going to be a great match, I see the match going the same way but with 2 different endings.
Kane puts a massive beat down on Cena taunting him the whole match to embrace the hate. Cena will either snap and give into the hate and put Kane away for the win, or he will rise above the hate and put Kane away.
Normally I would of given this match to Kane, but the feud has to end now Cena and the Rock have already begun talking smack to each on twitter and the like. Cena will need to have some sort of build up to Mania up and loosing to Kane will wont make him look good.
The big question is who Kanes next victim, to me it wont be Zack as Kane is only using him to get to Cena after his Cena feud is over he has no need for Ryder or the need to keep destroying him. Kane needs another decent feud to keep up the momentum he has got since coming back.

Know what... fuck it. I'm going to give myself a pat on the back because I actually called it. I was discussing the Kane/Cena feud the evening of the Rumble and was wondering, with all of the brutality of the present feud, why they didn't slap a stipulation on the Royal Rumble match to begin with. After thinking about it for a few seconds, it's obvious that it was probably to further the feud between the two at a later PPV while simultaneously keeping Cena in the spotlight and out of the title picture to further set up his WM28 match with the Rock. Knowing Kane and Cena would have a second match at Elimination Chamber, I figured that the next stipulation would be an ambulance match.

(Give me my moment in the sun. I rarely guess correctly on things like this.)

Anyway, I didn't realize how long it had been since the last ambulance match in the WWE. But once I thought about it, I reminded myself of Batista vs. HBK... and then shortly after, I realized that was a stretcher match (LULZ). So the concept of an ambulance match hadn't been used in quite some time and I think it's a more than appropriate stipulation. It's known as a brutal match, similar to that of a stretcher match. Considering how violent this feud has become, I can imagine this match will have at lease 1-2 memorable spots that could possibly be highlights of the entire PPV.

I can see Zack Ryder getting involved in this match, causing Kane to lose, and setting up a match with the two of them at Wrestlemania. Ugh... God help us on that one.

I really can't see Kane being placed in the ambulance, especially when he made his return like only a month ago. That will just completely destroy his final run...unless there is some kind of interference..

Cena won't turn hell. He'll take out Kane and then Kane will smile and say he's embrassed the hate, or ask him in retreat of a massive beat down (Whilst Cena is owning Kane in their match), and John will reply "I embraced Hustle, Loyalty, Respect!" or something very Cena. I like the new rise above hate Cena. Most will say he's the same guy he's always been, but he doesn't preach to the fans as much (Not saying he doesn't just not as much and not with a cheesy grin on his face), he just goes out there, says he will not change whether you like him or hate him, says it how it is and brutally takes on all challenges. He reminds me of John Cena from 2005-6, but his voice doesn't sound like a 'gangsta' 20 year old when he speaks. Good work from Cena with Kane in this feud. Although it's running out of steam, I think it's wrapping up at the perfect time and is going for as long as it ever needed too - Long enough to tell the story of Cena and his demons, but short enough that we didn't get bored of Cena in the prelude leading to WM28.

Cena will win using 'Hustle, Loyalty, Respect', and then go on to beat Rocky at Mania', with Rocky telling Cena that John is the real deal. Two awesome PPV matches coming up for Mr. Cena!

I'm going to enjoy this match. The last Ambulance match was one hell of a brawl between Shane McMahon and Kane. While Cena won't be doing the Coast To Coast anytime soon,he can brawl with the best of them. A wrestling clinic is nice and all that,but nothing gets the adrenaline coursing through your veins like a pier six brawl. Cena and Kane are going to go from the ring to backstage,maybe even up and down the arena,and when it's done,we'll see where Cena stands in terms of embracing the hate. I have a strong hunch that Zack Ryder will return and help Cena beat Kane up and put him in the ambulance. I remember seeing a tweet from Ryder which said "I hate Kane",which means that Ryder's already embraced the hate,so to speak. It remains to be seen whether Cena will embrace the hate as well,and if Ryder will be the one to bring Cena to the dark side,or if Cena will bring Ryder back into the light,or if Kane could pull off a shock win.

It's going to be fun,and maybe even more physical than both Chamber matches. Bottom line,it's going to be tons of fun,and I can't wait.

It won't happen but it would be sweet if Cena goes to throw Kane into the ambulance then the driver's side door opens and The Rock is the driver. He gets out of the ambulance, Rock Bottoms Cena and Kane then tosses them both in the ambulance and drives away.

That would be amazing and better than how it will end with Cena doing the AA on Kane into the back of the ambulance.

More and More to me at least it seems Cena is fighting against the hate so hard!! At this match however he will have to give in to the hate to win.. I fully expect Cena to go absoutely ape shit in this match use every dirty tatic there is to win. Chairs chains whatever is available to him Cena will destroy Kane in this match. He will take the route of stone cold steve austin ala WM 17 against the rock. Remember that one when SCSA used that chair over and over again on the rock!! Same scenrio will happen here i fully expect Cena with no hestitation to take out Kane!! Give into the hate Cena its the only way to win

im actullay really looking forward to this match i was expecting it to be falls count anywhere or last man standing but i think this works out better we havent seen an ambulance match in wwe for a long time i think the last one was when kane faced shane mcmahon in one and they put on a really good match together granted cena doesnt do crazy shit like shane-o-mac does but kanes at his best in no DQ matches and i see this being a huge knock down drag out brawl ending with cena winning and embracing the hate

Cena is obviousily going to win, will it be a good match? i think it will, but i highly doubt they will top Kane vs Shane ambulance match from 03, i thought that was a very good mathc, and i just dont see them 2 pulling off something that spectacular, but i think Cena doesnt embrace the hate and wins in cena style, and theres no way in hell that Cena could ever turn heel, hes been permanately put in this role, and he's stuck there for life. they can try, but it would never happen, its too late now.

It will be an awesome match seeing as we havent seen an ambulance match in a long ass time. But never say never. Cena isn't stuck there for life just because he's loved by kids. I'm not saying he will turn heel in this match but I think we'll start seeing an edgier Cena than we've seen in a very long time and that's what needs to happen. He can still be face but with an edge. Not be so happy go lucky all the time. But I remember when people said Kane would never put the mask back on. I believe that's what happened. You never know what they'll do until it happens. I think he'll go ape shit on Kane towards the end of the match but I can definitely see the rock interfering to cost cena the win. Cena will still leave the kane fued for the rock but with an edgier attitude than he's shown the past few years.

The feud is great, so im hoping the match give us that ending that we need. Im wondering what Kane will do a Wrestlemania?

Another thing is, how are they going to keep both guys relevant in this situation. Sombody has to lose this time.

I've never seen an ambulance match before so I'm not really sure what the match would be like. I do expect it to get pretty damn violoent which is good. I have almost no doubt that Cena is going over here in order to build up momentum for his match with the Rock. Destroy Kane, get retribution for Ryder, then shift his focus onto Wrestlemania. I think the feud has kinda lost its steam recently so if there was ever a good time for it to end, I think Elimination Chamber would be it.

This should be a great match between these two. Cena should win this hands down. Embracing the hate the whole time so to speak. I would love to see Ryder get involved in some way, shape, or fashion. That way Kane can have a match at Wrestlemania with him. It would be a good way for the WWE to give ryder the push he deserves and keeps a great storyline for Kane going on!

Pretty interesting stipulation, I recall that the last ambulance match was Shane vs Kane at Survivor Series 2003, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, Cena/Kane matches have never impressed me but with this stipulation added it spices things up as well as provides a match in which the story could be ended appropriately as WWE wants it to. Both guys work good in a hardcore/ unrestricted environment so expect some brutality here. This may just be the first Cena/Kane match I have ever looked forward to. Ambulance matches to me are mildly entertaining but when you throw in the story these 2 have built within the past month or so I an see this being played quite well and conclusively. As to whether or not Cena embraces the hate I can't really tell. With all of the videos WWE has been airing about Cena preserving through the hate it rather seems implausible but hey plot twist are common upon the road to Wrestlemania.

I see Cena rather deviously putting Kane out, and proceeding to to either embrace the hate or moving on without a change in character to begin the build to Wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back