Elijah Burke To TNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. This is not a post about a wrestler who sucked. You came in and decided that since everybody else was speaking highly of Burke, you would do the opposite. It's something that you have done for months in other posts. Cute, but the norm. So nobody is shocked. I'm not saying he's a great man. I said he would fit in well in TNA and that he could use the time in TNA to raise his stock, much as Christian did. Nobody said he was the next messiah or that the WWE Universe would crumble without him.
No, I've said that Elijah Burke has sucked for a long time. Would you care for me to direct you to other forums that I've said that time and again?

The simple fact is that everyone was saying great things about Burke, and I came in to point out he sucked. Big deal. Get over it already.

Especially since he does suck.

2. A man who for some reason you people seem to thin is a great mind, Paul Heyman, was strongly behind Burke. And so was his successor, Dave Langana, saw Burke's potential and pushed him. When both of these men were gone, you saw the difference in how Burke was utilized. It's was blatant.
Great. Who gives a fuck?

Paul Heyman is the most overrated booker in the history of wrestling. The day that man can run a successful promotion is the day I'm elected President of the United States. Didn't Heyman get fired, by the way? Or, "removed from duties"?

4. You were the one who wrote, and I quote "I've never met a black wrestling fan that didn't support a black wrestler. What EXACTLY was THAT statement supposed to imply
It was to imply that black fans tend to support black wrestlers, and that very few people support Burke...except for black fans.

It was actually quite clear I thought...

while you are sitting there saying you're now Jesse Jackson and calling me racist?
Then I eagerly await your "Paul London to TNA" thread. After all, he can do flippys to.

I mean seriously Sly, just admit that you said it rather than deflecting and casting judgment in an attempt to draw focus from the topic at hand. It's not progressive in this discussion, nor is it controversially intellectual. It has no place in this debate.
Then why did you bring it up in the first place?

You said that TNA had to replace Ron Killings with somebody. I said that TNA has a ton of guys who can do a bunch of flippys, but you said that it had to be a black man. Here, allow me to quote our convo...

Me said:
As far as Burke in TNA goes, I seriously doubt it. They already got guys who can do flippys, and they got guys who are far superior workers. Elijah Burke would just get lost in the shuffle, provide no real benefit, and TNA has reportedly been looking to cut wrestlers any ways.
See, clearly I talk about better flippy wrestlers. Here is your response.

You said:
Actually, I beg to differ on this greatly. Ever since Ron Killings departed the company, the status quo in TNA have been looking for a replacement. They spoke with Lashley, they signed Booker, they have even elevated the exposure of such guys as Consequences Creed and Jay Lethal.
Which is really just another way of saying that "TNA needs to replace a black man with a black man".

So, if it's not about race, then why did you even bring it up?

So here, is what I propose. Let's just agree to disagree. Nobody is saying that Burke is the greatest star and that he was robbed. He wasn't used, he got cut. Simple enough. I'm just saying that he could possibly use TNA as a chance to develop his skills and see if he can elevate his game. If nothing else, he makes a decent mouthpiece for somebody else. And that is all that I am saying. Nothing more, nothing less.
And I'm saying that Elijah Burke sucks, and TNA doesn't need another midcard guy who can't work a quality match. They already have guys who can do flippys, which is about the only thing of value that Elijah Burke has ever shown himself for.

He's never put on a good match, he can't sell long-term injuries, has poor in-ring psychology, and has yet to make fans care for him. Why does TNA need a guy like that?

No, I've said that Elijah Burke has sucked for a long time. Would you care for me to direct you to other forums that I've said that time and again?
Yes please do, because they are meaningless. Whether the guy sucks or not, he still could use a second chance to possibly improve. Just because YOU think he sucks doesn't not mean that the man doesn't deserve to have an income or a forum to ply his trade. But apparently you seem to think that because YOU think he sucks that he should be homeless, jobless, and destitute until the almighty god known as Sly changes his opinion. Good thing that promoters don't think as you do or else men like Steven Austin would never have worked again.

The simple fact is that everyone was saying great things about Burke, and I came in to point out he sucked. Big deal. Get over it already.

No, you can in and decided to try and get as much shock value as you could. Sure you could have just said he sucked and why you believe that but you stooped Sly. You stooped.

Especially since he does suck.

Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't. Good thing it's not up to YOU to decide.

Great. Who gives a fuck?

Well you give enough of a fuck to keep arguing about a guy who you assume sucks right? So go ahead Sly, raise your hand and be counted amongst the many now.

Paul Heyman is the most overrated booker in the history of wrestling. The day that man can run a successful promotion is the day I'm elected President of the United States. Didn't Heyman get fired, by the way? Or, "removed from duties"?

Wow, you repost what I wrote, but you failed to read it. Hmm, I do believe that I stated that YOU PEOPLE think he's a great mind, obviously meaning that I apparently do not. Yeah, he was removed and paid for quite some time to keep him from going elsewhere. Do you know what it's called when people pay to keep you on the payroll so that your competition can't utilize you? It's called "fear". So he can't be that useless if they didn't want to see what he maybe could have done. But hey, that's a moot point. Yes, he got canned. So?

It was to imply that black fans tend to support black wrestlers, and that very few people support Burke...except for black fans.

It was actually quite clear I thought...

No, your statement implies that all black people stick together. Why did you even have to bring color into it? I'll tell you why. You wanted that old Sly Brand shock value to make a weak argument look strong by going to the lowest common denominator, which was color.

Then I eagerly await your "Paul London to TNA" thread. After all, he can do flippys to.

Um, wow. You apparently didn't see that someone made that thread before I made this one. So it was already made. I made this when the news broke of Burke's release. Did it mean I didn't give a shit about London? No. Hell, you want a London post, here ya go.

"I think he shot himself in the foot when he had a TNA offer on the table and shunned it to take WWE money and that he hurt his chances of going back there".

Wait that sounds familiar. I know. It sounds like exactly like what one would write about SHANNON MOORE! So why write the same thing about two wrestlers?

But what exactly are you hinting at Sly? Are you trying to say that the only reason that I made this thread was because I'm black and Burke is black? Is that it Sly? OMG, the horrible truth has come out! The conspiracy has been revealed! Oh lawdy, whatever will we do now that we done been found out?

Pathetic Sly. Truly pathetic. :disappointed:

Then why did you bring it up in the first place?

Oh god, you say to read what you write and yet you don't exercise the same advice on yourself. I take everything out of context and then scream bloody murder when people do it to you. :disappointed:

You said that TNA had to replace Ron Killings with somebody. I said that TNA has a ton of guys who can do a bunch of flippys, but you said that it had to be a black man. Here, allow me to quote our convo...

Oh god. How remedial is this. You repost what I said and then you say it completely wrong. So here, let me write it out for you. I said that it seemed as if THE STATUS QUO had been looking for a replacement for Killings. I stated that I think that Burke would fit that role nicely. YOU equate that to "replace a black man with a black man". Did you ever thing that BOTH of them have similar hairstyles? Did you ever think that BOTH have similar builds? Did you ever THINK that BOTH have similar voices on the mic? No! You take it to the lowest possible common denominator. And that is very very sad Sly. Classless and sad.

See, clearly I talk about better flippy wrestlers. Here is your response.

Um no, you said that TNA had flippy floppy wrestlers. You never named one. They can cut an unknown unused wrestler and replace them with a known tv entity. I ALSO said that he could be used as a mouthpiece for wrestlers who may need that role. You seem to ignore that I stated that 8 times so far. But hey, classic Sly tactics, ignoring facts.

Which is really just another way of saying that "TNA needs to replace a black man with a black man".
No, that's what YOU want to believe. They sound similar, have similar hair, and look similar. So it would easier to have him fit the role. But hey, I'm sure that if we were talking about replacing Ron Harris with Don Harris, you would then say that I was trying to say that a white guy needed to replace a white guy as well huh?

So, if it's not about race, then why did you even bring it up?

I didn't. YOU did. You blatantly made a racist remark to close out your first post in this thread. It was not even needed. I expect better from you than that.

And I'm saying that Elijah Burke sucks, and TNA doesn't need another midcard guy who can't work a quality match. They already have guys who can do flippys, which is about the only thing of value that Elijah Burke has ever shown himself for.

The same could have been said about Christian years ago. But his style fit more into TNA's style than it did WWE's. How do you know that Burke wouldn't step up his game and show something different? I mean he was booked differently in WWE. He went from doing the Elijah Experience to doing the Elijah Express? Oh puhlease. You tell me that was by choice to run knee first into turnbuckle? Tell ya what, you go so that and tell me how enjoyable it is.

He's never put on a good match, he can't sell long-term injuries, has poor in-ring psychology, and has yet to make fans care for him. Why does TNA need a guy like that?

You suck. Yes, I'm going to say it right here and right now. I have asked FOUR times what these alleged "long term" injuries are that he was supposed to be selling and not only do you ignore the question, but when you repost my post, you cut it out completely. So since it's been asked FOUR TIME, and you refuse to answer, then it's a moot statement and therefore deemed null and void and completely made up bullshit. It can be later reinstated, when and if you choose to answer the question. From now on, the statement that he "can't sell long term injuries" is an empty and baseless statement.

I would just like to point out that people thought The Rock, Umaga, Stone Cold, and probably countless others sucked when they first were in the WWE. They were either given second chances, or given time to grow or repackaged so they could show what they could do. Not saying Burke is as good as any of them, but I think it;s too early to say that he wouldn't be anything in the WWE if creative hadn't of pushed him like they did Punk. I think he has decent charisma, mic skills, and in-ring psychology for him to succeed in TNA, and you never know maybe just like R-Truth, if Burke were to gain some popularity in TNA, WWE would hire him back.

Yes please do, because they are meaningless. Whether the guy sucks or not, he still could use a second chance to possibly improve. Just because YOU think he sucks doesn't not mean that the man doesn't deserve to have an income or a forum to ply his trade. But apparently you seem to think that because YOU think he sucks that he should be homeless, jobless, and destitute until the almighty god known as Sly changes his opinion. Good thing that promoters don't think as you do or else men like Steven Austin would never have worked again.
What the hell are you talking about Spawn? Do you not have the ability to remember more than one post at a time? Perhaps I should refresh your memory.
Wait, where is all this Elijah Burke love coming from? What has he ever done to deserve it? Put on some piss bucket matches? Refuse to long-term sell? Incorporate zero psychology into his matches? And I'm supposed to believe this guy has potential?

The WWE didn't drop the ball on Burke, Burke just wasn't ready for the big time yet. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure if Burke takes some time to polish his skills and become a better worker, then the WWE will welcome him back.

As far as Burke in TNA goes, I seriously doubt it. They already got guys who can do flippys, and they got guys who are far superior workers. Elijah Burke would just get lost in the shuffle, provide no real benefit, and TNA has reportedly been looking to cut wrestlers any ways.

On a side note, I've noticed some people try to turn this into a race issue. All I will say is this. I have yet to see a black wrestling fan not support a black wrestler.

That is all.
So, basically, in this part of your post, you were talking out your ass.

Thanks for playing.

No, you can in and decided to try and get as much shock value as you could. Sure you could have just said he sucked and why you believe that but you stooped Sly. You stooped.
What? The first thing you said is EXACTLY what I did. I said he sucked, explained why, and then explained why TNA doesn't need him. I only mentioned the race card BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE HAD ALREADY BROUGHT IT UP. Like...you...for example.
And now with that said, Burke will be free, in the given 90 day period, to try his hand in TNA. And to be honest, it could very well be yet another Christian situation where a talented star leaves WWE and truly gets the chance to shine and ply his trade in TNA. I mean he has a very athletic look. He's superb in the mic. And, given that TNA has been looking for a black star to take the whole left behind when Ron Killings left, Burke could make an instant impact. He has legit heel heat, but could also change over to a face easily.

You brought up race, not me and not TNA.

Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't. Good thing it's not up to YOU to decide.
Good point. Let's let the WWE decide.

Whoops.

Well you give enough of a fuck to keep arguing about a guy who you assume sucks right? So go ahead Sly, raise your hand and be counted amongst the many now.
No, I said "who gives a fuck about Paul Heyman and Dave Lasagna. Which I clearly pointed out with my condemnation of Heyman.

Wow, you repost what I wrote, but you failed to read it. Hmm, I do believe that I stated that YOU PEOPLE think he's a great mind, obviously meaning that I apparently do not.
But also implying that I apparently do.

Which I don't. Which means that your comment really had zero to do with the discussion between you and I. So, like I said, who gives a fuck?

Yeah, he was removed and paid for quite some time to keep him from going elsewhere. Do you know what it's called when people pay to keep you on the payroll so that your competition can't utilize you? It's called "fear".
LOL :lmao:

I call it an unwillingness to buy out a contract. The WWE released Kurt Angle, for fuck's sake. You don't think they'd release Paul Heyman?

So he can't be that useless if they didn't want to see what he maybe could have done. But hey, that's a moot point. Yes, he got canned. So?
So, that means that obviously Heyman doesn't have near the eye for talent that YOU PEOPLE seem to think he does. Thus, mentioning that he was supported by Heyman doesn't mean anything.

So, like I said twice before, who gives a fuck?

No, your statement implies that all black people stick together.
No, I'm implying that if Elijah Burke was white, you wouldn't be fighting this fight.

Why did you even have to bring color into it?
I didn't. You did. With your opening post of the thread. Which I have already pointed out to you.

Christ Spawn, try and remember your OWN posts at least.

Um, wow. You apparently didn't see that someone made that thread before I made this one. So it was already made.
Fair enough.

*quickly scans Paul London thread*

What? No posts from you in there? No posts about Paul London coming to TNA, until I call you out on it? Yes, clearly I must be way off base. :rolleyes:

I made this when the news broke of Burke's release. Did it mean I didn't give a shit about London? No. Hell, you want a London post, here ya go.

"I think he shot himself in the foot when he had a TNA offer on the table and shunned it to take WWE money and that he hurt his chances of going back there".
This is akin to a white person trying to deny being a racist by saying "Oh yeah? Well one of my good friends is black!".

Just saying.

Wait that sounds familiar. I know. It sounds like exactly like what one would write about SHANNON MOORE! So why write the same thing about two wrestlers?
Shannon Moore? What are you talking about? I thought we were talking about Elijah Burke, and using Paul London as the example of how you're supporting Elijah, the black man.

Oh god, you say to read what you write and yet you don't exercise the same advice on yourself. I take everything out of context and then scream bloody murder when people do it to you. :disappointed:
Spawn, you talked about race in your VERY FIRST POST. Please tell me I don't need to quote it AGAIN to you.

Oh god. How remedial is this. You repost what I said and then you say it completely wrong. So here, let me write it out for you. I said that it seemed as if THE STATUS QUO had been looking for a replacement for Killings. I stated that I think that Burke would fit that role nicely. YOU equate that to "replace a black man with a black man". Did you ever thing that BOTH of them have similar hairstyles? Did you ever think that BOTH have similar builds? Did you ever THINK that BOTH have similar voices on the mic? No! You take it to the lowest possible common denominator. And that is very very sad Sly. Classless and sad.
LOL

Because Ron Killings and Jay Lethal have similar hair styles, right? Because Bobby Lashley and Elijah Burke have the same sounding voices right?

Please Spawn, only an idiot would believe the pile of crap you just posted here. Everyone in the world knows that you meant "a black person for a black person". Lashley, Lethal, Burke, and Booker T ALL work different styles of wrestling. You're not fooling anyone. You were talking about the color of their skin.

Um no, you said that TNA had flippy floppy wrestlers. You never named one. They can cut an unknown unused wrestler and replace them with a known tv entity.
Elijah Burke is no more a known TV entity than Petey Williams, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Consequences Creed, Chris Daniels, etc.

I ALSO said that he could be used as a mouthpiece for wrestlers who may need that role. You seem to ignore that I stated that 8 times so far. But hey, classic Sly tactics, ignoring facts.
A mouthpiece? They just cut James Mitchell, one of the best promo cutters in the business because they didn't need a mouthpiece.

If they need a mouthpiece, he'd be the first place to go. Not some overrated hack of a wrestler who still needs a lot of work before being able to offer something to a national promotion.

No, that's what YOU want to believe. They sound similar, have similar hair, and look similar. So it would easier to have him fit the role. But hey, I'm sure that if we were talking about replacing Ron Harris with Don Harris, you would then say that I was trying to say that a white guy needed to replace a white guy as well huh?
Like I said, please explain how Jay Lethal, Ron Killings, Bobby Lashley, and Elijah Burke have ANYTHING in common.

And, since you have mentioned all of them to take Killings place, then to prove you weren't talking about race *snickers*, you need to provide the common link...other than the color of skin.

I didn't. YOU did. You blatantly made a racist remark to close out your first post in this thread. It was not even needed. I expect better from you than that.
My remark wasn't racist at all. It was observational.

YOUR comment however, in the first post of the thread, was racist. We have to replace a black man with a black man. That's racist.

I'm Afro-Ameri-Spawn and I approve of this message:

As many of you have seen, the debate on Elijah Burke has become a heated one. There have been several points thoroughly argued back and forth by myself and my opponent, Slyfox696 over the past few days. Some of them cover a wrestler's ability to have a job, others were on blatant race slinging done by my opponent. But there seems to be one point that my opponent is afraid to confront. And that topic is...... Joe the Plummer. No wait, sorry about that. I meant to say the selling of Long Term Injuries by Elijah Burke.

What are these phantom injuries that Burke was not selling? When did they supposedly happen? And why does my opponent refuse to address this topic? I mean sure, he keeps repeating it, but when asked straight out in public he uses cheap tactics and smoke and mirrors in order to avoid the topic and to draw attention from the fact that he doesn't have an answer for it that actually exists. So what could these injuries be?

Could Sly be feeling that since The Elijah Express is a move performed with the knees that he should be limping week in and week out? Well Matt Bourne, Shawn Michaels, and a host of others do leg and knee moves that are not sold in long term injuries. As a matter of fact, the only reason that Hulk Hogan limps is due to hip replacement surgery. And yet, my opponent has refused to answer this questions time and time again, even though it is his main sticking point as to why Elijah Burke sucks.

Could this be a ploy? Could this be made up propaganda invented in order to strengthen a weak argument? Why won't by opponent debate the issues instead of stooping to making this an argument of race and using old posts repeatedly rather than fully addressing the topics at hand? I think this says alot about my opponent's characters and validity, if you ask me.

So when you go to the posts and place your rep vote, vote for Spawn. A true competitor who will not duck the issues and who will stand up and fight for the little man without dragging the debate through the mud. A vote for Spawn is a vote for AMERICA and THE AMERICAN WAY!

burke.jpg

As many of you have seen, the debate on Elijah Burke has become a heated one. There have been several points thoroughly argued back and forth by myself and my opponent, Slyfox696 over the past few days. Some of them cover a wrestler's ability to have a job, others were on blatant race slinging done by my opponent. But there seems to be one point that my opponent is afraid to confront. And that topic is...... Joe the Plummer. No wait, sorry about that. I meant to say the selling of Long Term Injuries by Elijah Burke.

What are these phantom injuries that Burke was not selling? When did they supposedly happen? And why does my opponent refuse to address this topic? I mean sure, he keeps repeating it, but when asked straight out in public he uses cheap tactics and smoke and mirrors in order to avoid the topic and to draw attention from the fact that he doesn't have an answer for it that actually exists. So what could these injuries be?

Could Sly be feeling that since The Elijah Express is a move performed with the knees that he should be limping week in and week out? Well Matt Bourne, Shawn Michaels, and a host of others do leg and knee moves that are not sold in long term injuries. As a matter of fact, the only reason that Hulk Hogan limps is due to hip replacement surgery. And yet, my opponent has refused to answer this questions time and time again, even though it is his main sticking point as to why Elijah Burke sucks.

Could this be a ploy? Could this be made up propaganda invented in order to strengthen a weak argument? Why won't by opponent debate the issues instead of stooping to making this an argument of race and using old posts repeatedly rather than fully addressing the topics at hand? I think this says alot about my opponent's characters and validity, if you ask me.

So when you go to the posts and place your rep vote, vote for Spawn. A true competitor who will not duck the issues and who will stand up and fight for the little man without dragging the debate through the mud. A vote for Spawn is a vote for AMERICA and THE AMERICAN WAY!

burke.jpg

Wow, Spawn, just wow. Instead of actually debating the topic at hand, all you want to do is take THREE WORDS and use that to go off on a half-cocked post using a tired theme that was no longer relevant a week ago. Seriously Spawn, I expected better from you.

Maybe you are not aware of what long term selling is. Allow me to explain. Long term selling is when, after making a move by your opponent look like it hurts, CONTINUE TO SELL THE MOVE LIKE YOU ARE HURT.

Take, for example, this match. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDO7YDXfxjM

In this match, for the first 1:30 or so, Punk is working on Burke's arm. Putting knees in it, arm bars, etc. Burke is squirming around like his arm is broken in half. The next thing you know, Burke has Punk in a hammerlock, using his "bad" arm to do the pulling of Punk's arm. How does that make sense? Just one case out of many of Burke's poor long term selling.

In comparison, let's take John Cena's match vs. Chris Benoit on Raw. Chris Benoit worked Cena's back, and thus, because Cena is a good seller, he sold his back injury and wasn't able to put the FU on Benoit. That's called long-term selling.

But, I'll tell you Spawn. Your lack of wrestling knowledge, and what it means to sell long-term isn't what worries me. It's the fact you picked up on three words, and use that to cover the fact you are wrong in EVERYTHING ELSE I said. You haven't been able to deny his poor psychology, nor the fact that he could never get over. You can't deny that you made a racist remark in the very first post, and you can't deny that smaller guys in the WWE got over at the same time Burke could not.

Basically, in an effort to save face, you made a ridiculous post, using an election style platform about THREE WORDS, to try and cover the fact that I have proven time and again Burke to be a poor wrestler at the moment, something that TNA doesn't need, that WWE doesn't want. Then you tried to talk about how I supposedly said that he should be out of work, a blatant misinterpretation, which I shoved right back in your face when I showed you my very first post in this thread, and how if Burke were to improve, the WWE would welcome him back.

So, let's just take a tally of what we've done in this thread.

1. We discovered you made a racist remark, in your very first post, by saying that TNA has to replace a black man with a black man.

2. Proven that Elijah Burke sucks as a wrestler, which is not something you've even tried to dispute.

3. Proven that TNA doesn't need a mouthpiece or if they do, there are far better ones than Burke, another fact you won't dispute.

4. That TNA doesn't need Burke because they already have guys with just as much, if not more, TV experience than him, who are also better wrestlers.

5. That you can't remember a post that you're not directly quoting.

6. You're only supporting Burke because he's black, which is proven by your lack of support for Paul London, who is three times the worker Burke is...just only white.

7. You try to cover your own posting flaws by latching on to three words, forcing me to actually watch another hideous Burke match to prove my point, something I had wished to avoid.

8. That most people, including the WWE, thinks Burke sucks.

9-100. I'm sure there are other points to be made, but I can't be bothered with posting them now.

So, basically, what have we gotten out of this? Simply that I have defeated you at every turn. And since you're so big into the election style posting, I will graciously await your concession speech.

Reactions: Lee
Sigh, must I go over how you blatantly are ignoring the big picture in order to find some hidden "conspiracy" of support for Elijah Burke again? Wow, talk about beating a dead horse. But I guess, if I must, then I must.

Wow, Spawn, just wow. Instead of actually debating the topic at hand, all you want to do is take THREE WORDS and use that to go off on a half-cocked post using a tired theme that was no longer relevant a week ago. Seriously Spawn, I expected better from you.

Hey, it got your attention, did it not? And if you look at every post that I have replied to you with, I have asked you repeatedly and you ignored that fact and even left out the statements when you reposted what I said. So if if got you to finally answer the questions at hand, then it served it's purpose well.

Maybe you are not aware of what long term selling is. Allow me to explain. Long term selling is when, after making a move by your opponent look like it hurts, CONTINUE TO SELL THE MOVE LIKE YOU ARE HURT.

Take, for example, this match. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDO7YDXfxjM

In this match, for the first 1:30 or so, Punk is working on Burke's arm. Putting knees in it, arm bars, etc. Burke is squirming around like his arm is broken in half. The next thing you know, Burke has Punk in a hammerlock, using his "bad" arm to do the pulling of Punk's arm. How does that make sense? Just one case out of many of Burke's poor long term selling.

In comparison, let's take John Cena's match vs. Chris Benoit on Raw. Chris Benoit worked Cena's back, and thus, because Cena is a good seller, he sold his back injury and wasn't able to put the FU on Benoit. That's called long-term selling.

Wait, are we talking about the very same Cena match where he sold the injury while trying the FU but still did a flying shoulder tackle and bounced up to do the 5 Knuckle Shuffle? Now maybe I need some remedial physics class, but you can't sell for one move and then totally ignore the injury for four or five other moves that would put much greater strain on the back area. And how many times have we seen someone work on Kane or Batista's knee only to see them limping on the wrong knee later or performing a flying top rope clothesline or a Batistabomb? Wouldn't these moves put more strain and weight on the knee than a scoop slam where they were in so much pain that they dropped the guy?

So please explain the different between that and selling an arm injury? Oh wait, it will probably take you 5 more posts until you actually answer that as it took you 5 to answer these "three words". I mean what did you do Sly? Were you stalling for time while you had your little brother scour the net to try and find you some proof? And I looked at your clip, you failed to mention that the hammerlock is with BOTH of Burke's arms and that he was still holding his arm in the closing moments of the match as if it still was hurt. And he also was still selling the gut damage from Punk even after the bell rant when he was holding his midsection and even when Corvon touched his stomach area. What's that called Sly? Oh yeah, it's called SELLING. Something you said he couldn't do. So that negates your statement. Wow, your own evidence negated your statement. Rather lame Sly.

But, I'll tell you Spawn. Your lack of wrestling knowledge, and what it means to sell long-term isn't what worries me. It's the fact you picked up on three words, and use that to cover the fact you are wrong in EVERYTHING ELSE I said. You haven't been able to deny his poor psychology, nor the fact that he could never get over. You can't deny that you made a racist remark in the very first post, and you can't deny that smaller guys in the WWE got over at the same time Burke could not.

Oh I have wrestling knowledge. You just haven't given me any reason to have to use it. I mean look at you. You are going on about three words that you refused to answer for five whole posts. You are doing exactly what you are accusing me of you doing. No wait, you already DID exactly what you are accusing me of doing. But I will humor you. No, I did not make a racist remark in my first post. You have to squint your eyes and do some reaching in order to even continue to call it that, especially after I explained myself. And yet you have a blatantly purposefully racist remark in your post but refuse to explain it one bit. You said "what I wrote was clear" as your response. Yeah, clearly racist. It didn't belong in this post and the only reason that you wrote it because I am black.

If My name were Asian-Ameri-Spawn pr Hispani-Ameri-Spawn, you would never have brought up the issue or called it racist. You wrote what you wrote purposefully in order to make a nice debate nothing more than a muck raking debacle. And I used to think that was beneath you Sly.

Basically, in an effort to save face, you made a ridiculous post, using an election style platform about THREE WORDS, to try and cover the fact that I have proven time and again Burke to be a poor wrestler at the moment, something that TNA doesn't need, that WWE doesn't want. Then you tried to talk about how I supposedly said that he should be out of work, a blatant misinterpretation, which I shoved right back in your face when I showed you my very first post in this thread, and how if Burke were to improve, the WWE would welcome him back.

No, I made a post because you seemed to refuse to answer a question that I asked you 5 times. You didn't answer because you didn't have a valid answer and still don't. And as usually, you seem to be stuck on stupid as you make ridiculous accusations or claim that I accused you of something. if you reread the statement about him not working, the ORIGINAL STATEMENT, then you will see that I said that because you said he sucks does NOT mean that the guy doesn't deserve to ply his trade elsewhere.

So, let's just take a tally of what we've done in this thread.

Yes please, because I have lots of fan mail to read from the people who seem to think that your argument is lame that I have bested you at ever turn.

1. We discovered you made a racist remark, in your very first post, by saying that TNA has to replace a black man with a black man.

No, you had to reach, reform, and reconstruct in order for that to even be remotely perceived as racist, and that would be under certain circumstance. Rare, but still certain. What YOU said was blatantly racist. You may have said it for shock value, but you said it. And yet, you refuse to refute that it is. You seem, to only want to deflect the racist accusations back towards me. Well keep it up there Wonder Woman. Maybe you will lasso yourself and finally tell the truth. You were the one who screamed racism first and it's not working.

I never said that TNA had to replace a black man with a black man. I said that a void was left behind by the departure of Killings and that it would be a good fit for Burke. Plain and simple. But I see you would rather see how far you can reach on that one huh? Well keep trying there Ray Charles, you aint going to find it. Oh damn, I mentioned another black man in my argument. God dammit, I AM a racist. You were right Sly. I should never mention another black name again. Shame on me.

2. Proven that Elijah Burke sucks as a wrestler, which is not something you've even tried to dispute.

Um, I do believe that I said we should just agree to disagree and that I never said he was the best, just that I think he could correct his flaws in TNA. Much as how Christian did. You remember him right? Almost the same argument could have been made about as not being a main event ready performer at the time that he came to TNA. Thing is he proved us wrong because he had the chance. Who knows WHAT Burke could do? Oh wait, the all might and all knowing mind known as Sly does, doesn't he. :disappointed:

3. Proven that TNA doesn't need a mouthpiece or if they do, there are far better ones than Burke, another fact you won't dispute.

EVERYBODY needs a mouthpiece. Whether he be a manger, a performer, or even a replacement for Don West. And come on, you KNOW he could do a better job than West. Sure there are better? But WHO is available right now? I'll await your answer.

4. That TNA doesn't need Burke because they already have guys with just as much, if not more, TV experience than him, who are also better wrestlers.

Wait, who said tv EXPERIENCE. I said TV EXPOSURE. There's a difference. Burke has has higher level exposure and therefore would be an easily recognizable name and face. Once again Sly, you ignore what I say in leu of what you only THINK I said.

5. That you can't remember a post that you're not directly quoting.

Yeah, and you seem to ignore posts where people ask you direct questions. So obviously you are much worse.

6. You're only supporting Burke because he's black, which is proven by your lack of support for Paul London, who is three times the worker Burke is...just only white.

What lack of support for London? I thought I pacified your inner child by making a post a bit ago. Check about three posts ago. Oh yeah, i know what it is. You ignored the post of where I said that London is in the same boat as Shannon Moore to concentrate on the fact that I even mentioned Shannon Moore. But it seems pretty funny that there are about 10 to 15 other people who have posted here, all white. And all supported Burke. How come you aren't arguing with them? What exactly are you hinting at Sly? Why don't you straight out say that you think that the only reason why you think I made a thread about Burke is because I'm black and that is the only reason why you posted here and stirred up an argument. I mean I've made other threads and posts about white wrestlers that you seem to blatantly ignore or not even go near. It's because you wanted to make race a factor and belittle the debate to it lowest form. Shameful Sly. Very shameful.

7. You try to cover your own posting flaws by latching on to three words, forcing me to actually watch another hideous Burke match to prove my point, something I had wished to avoid.

What posting flaws? I pointed out 4 times that I asked you 5 times about that one question which you blatantly ignored until I made a whole post about it. Sure you copied and pasted, but only to deflect because your selling argument was lame and mediocre at best. And obviously you didn't watch the whole match,as you only watched about 2 minutes. Otherwise you would not have posted something that crushed your point rather than validating it.

8. That most people, including the WWE, thinks Burke sucks.

I think you were looking for the Burke sucks thread. That hasn't been made yet. perhaps you should go make it and see who actually posts there. Otherwise, this is the Burke to TNA thread. Not the same topic my friend.

9-100. I'm sure there are other points to be made, but I can't be bothered with posting them now.

Probably because you can't think of any. It's okay Sly, jut admit it.

So, basically, what have we gotten out of this? Simply that I have defeated you at every turn. And since you're so big into the election style posting, I will graciously await your concession speech.

You really discount the noob vote, don't you? I got a mailbox full of messages from others saying that I'm giving you quite the "woopin". Now while I think that I may only be edging you out a bit or a mile, whichever, I think that the votes don't lie. You, my friend, much like Joe Liberman, should have conceded a long time ago. But hey, I'll keep humoring you because I know it makes you feel better.

Elijah Burkes is boring, and comparing him to someone like Christian Cage is a bit of a stretch. Cage was able to start from obscure gothic light heavyweight champion, to rise up to a main event title match at Vengeance of 2005. He took a rather obscure character and beginning, matched upw ith Edge, and the rest is history.

Burke had his push with ECW and the New Breed, and none of those guys got over. Even with 'established' ecw guys pushing them along, the crowd didn't buy into them. As soon as guys like Kane, Miz and Morrison came along, the fans gravitated to them. Burke had his chance, and couldn't get the job done, seems pretty simple to me.

I agree with Shocky. Burke was a top heel on ECW because there really wasn't anyone else at the time. As soon as other heels showed up, like Miz, Morrison and Mark Henry, the crowds bought into them more as heels. They just didn't care about the New Breed guys. Hell, pretty much the sole reason the New Breed was thrown together was because creative wanted them to succeed as heels, but the crowd still just did not buy into them. I also think the slow, painful demise of the New Breed didn't really help. Kevin Thorn quit for no real reason, Striker was alienated by Burke, and then his boy Cor Von quit. It was quite uninteresting, and Burke was unable to interest the fans on his own.

Wow there seem to be quite a bit of arguing going on over this.

I have to admit I was surprised at WWE cutting both Burke and London. I haven't seen Burke in awhile and was wondering when he was coming back. I thought his stint with the new breed was laughable just becuase of the players involved. The only two who I thought really belonged in the group were Burke and Punk. I thought that they truly represented the new breed of ECW far more than they're partners.

I think that his feud with Punk was far to short and that maybe it could have lasted longer than it did to give the two time to work not only on the mic but on ring skills, ring psychology, etc. I thought he was very good as a heel and wished they would have at least sent him south if he needed to hone his skills more so he could at least have a chance to come back and try it again.

Lol I wouldn't be surprised of he showed up as part of Konnan's foreign legion stable in AAA in Mexico lol. or London for that matter......

As far as Lashley goes, I think a lot of people were impressed with him......until he spoke. Then that just killed it for him.

I wouldn't mind see Burke in TNA. He's just what TNA needs, young, talented workers. IMO, Burke had the ability to be a big name player, he had the charisma as well. Now I could be wrong, but what screwed up Burke was his feud with CM Punk. He lost almost everytime they got in the ring together. An although the members of the new breed were a rather silly bunch (gimmick wise), Burke stood out as a legit athlete.
If he were to be picked up by TNA, I just hope they wouldn't just throw him into the X-Division and forget about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back