Elijah Burke

Elijah Burke is the truth he reminds me of Mr perfect the new verson hes good in ring and on the mic but i agree the exspress should be the set up for a diff finisher but what i dont know. wwe all together has a problem with pushing bad talent and letting the good talent slip threw the cracks.ECW only has 3 wrestlers Burke,Punk,and Nitro.all three should be on raw

he should be pushed more but I think they want to bring him along slowly, I thought the New Breed thing was very entertaining especially with him as the leader since he is so good on the mic but yeah Burke should be on Smackdown or Raw but him and CM Punk is needed on ECW right now, what they only have like a 15 man roster on ECW right now call up some of the OVW guys

I like Elijah Burke a lot and feel he has a lot to offer in the future as a champion. I feel he should trade the ECW title with Punk a few times. Have him battle with John Morrison and then perhaps bring in the likes of Paul Birchill and Colt Cabana to get involved.

Whatever happens, I think Burke is ready to be handed the ball on ECW, although Punk's reign should last a little longer.

Elijah Burke is an amazing athlete, he is a shining example of how WWE doesn't know talent apart from 7 foot turds. WWE should really give Burke a push. I would love a Burke VS. Morrison feud, they are both great in the ring and I'm pretty sure it's never been done before. Still WWE will just give him a little push only to lose to whoever is ECW champ at the PPV.

As a big Elijah Burke fan I disagree, I think he got plenty of love early on in his career I mean he led the New Breed and was praised by vince as the future of the buisness so it looks like hes pretty well off in the love department. however I would agree that lately besides Unforgiven he really hasnt been given much at all not just denied a push but denied a decent spot on ECW and looking at the vote for Cyber Sunday with the Miz and Big titty V instead of him its gotten crazy

What was with Burke's number one contendership he had one match ONE MATCH for the title it is so stupid there wasting talent he could be such a top heel performer on ECW if they gave him the TV time had him cut more promos have matches with the bigger stars on ECW like morrison they would have awsum matches there both so athletic.

Burke has the it factor i reckon so why not a chance for the title????
no one wants to see BIG DADDY V or THE MIZ have the title there not that entertaining but Burke is. he deserves it.

Elijah is a superstar in the making!
Here are some things that pop up in my mind when I think about Elijah Burke:

- Great trash talker!
- Good ring skills!
- Charismatic (A guy you want to hate!)
- Great and believable gimmick

The only thing that bothers me is that he doesn’t get the opportunity on ECW to show what he’s really made of. I think that RAW is overcrowded so he would fall into the background. Smackdown should be the new home for Elijah to continue the “ EXPERIENCE”. A US title would like good around his waste! Think of the great feuds he could have with Matt hardy, or let the egos collide when MVP en Elijah get it on. It would give the battle for the US title a new dimension!

i really wish they would stop down playing elijah burke. he and shelton benjamin are the 2 best pure athletes in the wwe but they only focus on guys like jeff hardy and kennedy or cena. those 2 do not git the credit that they deserve.

Elijah Burke, if he keeps it up, will be a big superstar in the future, however, today, he's not one of the top guys. It's a little too soon to throw him into the WHC or WWE title pictures, but he could EASILY fit into the United States or Intercontinental scene and be one of the top guys there. The ECW championship is almost worth less than the IC/US titles, so it isn't much to say that he got a shot at that belt. Give the guy 2 more years and he'll be pretty big and already have worn gold, but the first thing you have to do is get him out of the "training brand".

Burke does have a lot of talent. I dont want to say hes misused on ecw but he could definately make an impression on smackdown and maybe even raw. its just bad timing. ecw is going to be nothing but punk vs. nitro for awhile if you ask me. I could see burke putting on a good match with dozens of guys from all brands, thats whats so great about him. hes versatile and his character can be put up against anyone heel or face. It just sucks that some talented guys actually have to pay their dues before they see gold around there waist.

Pretty much, they are going to waste Elijah Burke until they release him. Then I can see him going to TNA (very successfully) and teaming with Ron "The Truth" Killings to become what Team Pacman should have been. Both men are atheletic and can kill on the mic. And the cockiness that both have will be a true asset as either heels or faces. And that's the way it could turn out to be once they release Burke. Because if they keep up witht he mad scramble to save ECW by using Smackdown talent on the show, then there will be no room for a decont Burke push. And that is very very sad.

Speaking of Elijah Burke,did anybody happen to catch him on lastnight's show Ghost Hunters? He got pretty spooked out after hearing some sort of noise @ the Waverly Hill Sanatorium up on the Fourth Floor I think it was where there was some ghost activity.

I hope that they dont just waste him by teaming him up with the lowest jobbers, he can really be a star in the wwe hes got charisma, ability to cut great promos, and the athletic talent to cut it

I hope they too don't make a waste out of Elijah ether bcuz he has so much talent in him and he can cut really great promos. Hopefully he'll become a big star soon.

I love this guy. Too bad he is being wasted right now. He has the look, energy, mic skills, inring ability, gimmick/attire (he looks like a wrestler, not some irish lad in a kilt or some circus look like london aND kendrick).

He would be awesome in smackdown to feud over the us title the next couple of years until he is ready to beome a legit world title contender. I would love to see this happen and feud with hardy, mvp, and others.

He's goin to be a HUGE star, but WWE is being smart and letting him develop slowly. I'm hoping that his lack of TV presence recently is because he's been really training hard, ready for a push, hell id like to see him and someone start a tag team, try to broaden the roster and the options for ECW!

I really, really wish they would have given him Benjamin's push.

Not that I dislike Benjamin, but I prefer Burke. He's got this in ring charisma where every little thing he does has these seemingly personal touches. He's pretty good on the mic, well spoken and all that. And I really do believe he could be an incredible asset in the future.

I don't know why Elijah's been non-existant lately. He's only been on TV twice so far this year, a loss to CM Punk, and coming in at #28 in the Rumble.

He really needs to be pushed a lot more. He's extremely talented on the mic. He's a pretty damn good wrestler, one of the best on the roster. He also has a style that is very unique. He was even given a ringing endorsement by Vince McMahon, back when the Originals vs. New Breed storyline started, he was supposed to be the "future" of ECW.

What they need to do is to move him over to Raw, and immediately give him an Intercontinental Title push. Raw is very short on effective heels in the midcard, and he'd be an immediate asset. It's a lot better than what he's currently doing, which is nothing.

just paying his dues right now, when he does receive his push I am sure it is going to be a very impressive one because to me he is the most talented guy on that ECW roster as far as in the ring performance, Mic Skills, selling other wrestlers moves like he did when Batista speared the hell out of him off the top rope

he will get his time I hope, He Better Get His Push!

could also be preparing to team him up with Ron Killings or something who knows

OKAY, I'm officially done waiting, PUT THIS MAN ON T.V NOW! He actually managed to get a good match out of Batista (thats worthy of a world title reign in my book). Why does WWE not even put him on T.V when guys like Mike Nox and even Estrada are wrestling now!?

WHO IN THE HELL DID ELIJAH P.O?

Elijah is 1 of my favorites
1)John Morrison
2)ELIJAH BURKE
3)Shelton Benjamin
4)Kofi Kingston

Burke won me over first at smackdown on his debut then wrestlemainia 23 with the new breed v. originals is aerial maneuvers are astonishing he is a really impressive and eye catching the elijah express it a magnificent move with a combination of speed, skill, and elevation very perfect definetly a future main eventer he needs to get out of the training grounds though(ECW) and Burke, Benjamin, Morrison need to head over to smackdown and go for the gold

This one is truly baffling, frustrating. While not as athletic as Benjamin, his is FAR superior to him in charisma and mic skill, so something makes me think there is something weird going on backstage with him. Maybe he has a terrible attitude, or something like that, becuase beyond that, I just cant see any logical reason whatsoever to not utilize this guy. Possibly just becuase MVP has a somewhat simular character, but I dont think anyone would mind. This guy needs to be ME fueding. Would you rather have him, or Chavo??

I am a big fan of Burke, i just dont know why WWE wont use him, he is entertaining both in the ring and on the mike so what is the damn problem??? But im sure WWE know what they are doing (yeah right).

I always thought it was a shame that The New Breed didnt stay around longer, i thought it could have been very big if given the chance. They might have needed to change 1 or 2 of the members but with Burke as leader it was something to look forward to on ECW (how often can you say that now?)

I think this is an example of why WWE can not get the fan bas that they once had again, because they are not willing to take a chance with these young,gifted and hungry wrestlers but instead side with either someone Vince thinks has potential (and lets be honest his new picks these last couple of years have been more often than not a complete joke) or someone who is friends with an important person backstage.

Until they will start taking some risks with the RIGHT people than they are going to be stuck where they are.

P.S The Elijah Express to sabu throught the table looked amazing!!!

I've never understood why burke didn't get a big push. he's more than good enough to carry a US title run and has the charisma that neither shelton nor matt hardy combined could dream off.
Burke in the new breed was a great heal leader and i think if he could have kept monty brown and added the likes of sheldon, they could have been a good stable. however, wwe seems unable to keep a stable together for more than 3 months before they unleash the 'poison' of in-fighting routine.
I'd love to see him get a decent push, but i think until benjamin is established, they wont feud him so he can turn on him.

The main event doesn't have a spot for Burke right now...maybe in a few years...but if you think about it, the tag team and midcard divisions are SCREAMING for Burke right now, especially on Raw.

MVP and Shelton are already too similar to Burke, so they can't have all 3 on the same show. Since Shelton seems to fit on ECW, and MVP is still on Smackdown, Raw could use Burke feuding for the IC title. Jericho/Burke anyone?

On top of that, if they decide to tag him up with Ron Killings, the two could really help out the tag team division and get the fans to notice these two guys once more. Perhaps he can even come up with a better finisher (but still use the Elijah Express as a secondary move) while he's in this period of reestablishing himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back