Elijah Burke

This is my single biggest problem with the WWE other than Kennedy not being a main eventer yet.
This guy Burke is the total package. I mean, he has it like no other young guys do. The look, charisma, in-ring ability, mic skills...what's not to love? I cannot fathom how they "don't have anything for him"
If he's gonna be on ECW he should be in the top 2 or 3 heels, and have a run with the title. If that's not where you wanna go, put him on Smackdown or Raw. He could be IC title contender and work great with Kofi or be U.S. title contender and work with Jeff Hardy and Kennedy. You could even start like a Nation faction with him, MVP, Shelton, and maybe Henry or a heel Cryme Time. There's so much to do with him it's ridiculous and it pisses me off that we never even see him on tv..ECW much less!
I'm telling you, give him his push and he'll be a solid main eventer for years to come along with MVP, Jeff, and Kennedy.

The WWE has really dropped the ball on Burke. The man is the total package(good look, good charisma, good mic skills)and he is pretty over with the fans(better than Knox, Snitsky, ect) I would have liked Burke in Shelton's place on smackdown. Don't get me wrong I like benjamin and he's a great wrestler but I think Burke deserved the push more. Or if Smackdown is too crowded sending him too raw where their midcard heels are lacking. He could even become a mainevent player on Raw, since he has good chemistry/history with Punk. Or atleast push him on ECW. Maybe they find Burkes character as a cocky person too similar to MVP's and that's why he doesn't get pushed and maybe that is why he is supposedly getting a gimmick change(which I find a mistake since Burke plays his character so well).

WWE have referred to Elijah as a "work in progress." That's their excuse. Come on, seriously - Burke is one of the most misused guys I've seen in wrestling in a long time. He's one of ECW's top talents, and they're not even using him.

And I really dislike whenever they use the excuse "Creative do not have anything for him." How hard is it to put him in a feud with a good face guy (Bourne, Finlay, Matt Hardy) and let him work his magic? WWE really need to do something with Burke. Despite his minimal television exposure, he's proven himself to be one of the best all-round guys they got. He's been with WWE for a little under two years and the only two feuds I can remember are the New Breed and when he had a match with Punk for the ECW Championship. They need to realize something before Burke becomes yet another wasted talent.

Whats the latest on Burke? I can't believe a guy as talented as him isn't even on the show. It really doesn't make sense at all. Did he exceed the black wrestler quota or something? I guess Vince doesn't want too many black wrestlers getting shine out there. :headscratch:

WWE doesn't recognize the talented guys they have on there roster. A guy like Elijah Burke could be put on Smackdown and be a major heel or face. He reminds me a little of Shelton Benjamin who never really got a consistent push, but now it looks like wwe has nothing to do with Elijah at all which is a shame. BTW is there some kind of rule that u cant start ur own thread if your new or sumthin? cuz it won't let me.

There are 13 active superstars on the ECW roster which is up on WWE.com. Compare that to about 25 over on Raw. But on ECW you have two men who never appear, 1. The Boogeyman (but no one cares) and 2. Elijah Burke. Will he ever appear on tv again? I really hope so cos i like the guys work. Even Kenny Dykstra is getting tv time again, so why not Elijah? Looking at this thread.. surely people want to see him if there are 8 pages in this thread?

I'm really surprised that Elijah Burke hasn't been on tv for so long. He's a great talker, great wrestler, and it's not like ECW is stacked with talent. I don't know what the reason is maybe he's injured or something, but hopefully they put him back on tv soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back