ECW Semi-Finals: Chris Jericho vs. the Big Show: Barbed Wire Match

Jericho vs. Big Show: Barbed Wire Match

• Chris Jericho

• The Big Show

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Chris Jericho vs. The Big Show

The Following matchup takes place in Philadelphia, PA in the ECW Arena. All matches, unless other wise noted, take place under Extreme Rules.

Barbed Wire Match:
The ring ropes have been replaced by barbed wire, pretty simple really. There are no rules. The first one to score a pinfall or submission will be the winner.

Big Show. Easily. The purpose of the match is to maneuver your opponent to the barbed wire. How exactly is Jericho supposed to do that? Jericho's offence is also rope based. There aren't any ropes. He can't even knock Big Show off his feet in this match.

The Jackson 5 said it best:

A B C
easy as 1 2 3,
oh simple as doe ray me,
A B C, 1 2 3 baby you and me chicken

Firstly the Big Show isn't in Jericho's league as a wrestler, Jericho is better. Big Show has a size advantage, but he has a speed disadvanatage. Simply put if that means Jericho out thinks Show by luring him to the ropes, and moving out of the way when Big Show goes in for offense- Show goes into the barbed Wire. Once Show is bleeding he becomes slightly easy to beat down and hurt with the Barbed Wire. When If Jericho gets the walls on Big Show, Big show is completely fucked he can't go to the ropes, and he is pretty average at wrestling so he can't counter. Show taps after been in the walls for a good few minutes.

Can I have jericho's entrance video once he's gone, because once big show gets done with him he wont be able to move let alone wrestle. Show has always been someone that can get angry quickly, and when he's focused is freaking scary. In my mind this is like an old school george foreman fight. Jericho can run all he wants, but eventually he's going to get caught, and then it's over and quick. Big show is just too damn big and too damn strong. Jericho gives it his all, but the show moves on.

Another great wrestler gets destroyed by the Big Show, first Edge, now Jericho, both men deserved to go farther than Show in this tournament, but the stipulations are favouring him too much. Big Show can easily toss Y2J into the Barbed Wire at any moment due to his power and size, Jericho needs to pull every trick in the book to beat Big Show in this match, but I do not see it happening. Big Show wins after Chokeslamming Jericho in 16 minutes.

Yea this sucks, but Jericho is done. There is no way he can overcome the Big Show with this stip. A lot of his offense revolves around using the ropes, in this, he cannot. He is much much smaller than show, and will get tossed to the wire quite easily, and I cant see him locking in the Liontamer on the Big Shows anatomy. I wish there was a way for jericho to have a chance in this, but there just isnt.

Has anyone watch a Chris Jericho match? I have and you know what, his offense is based on using the ropes to hit and run from his opponent, so unless he has concrete boots on, Jericho is a dead man walking.

If Jericho can somehow manage to get a chair into the ring, then maybe, just maybe he might have a chance. But do you know what the Big Show does to steel chairs, he punches threw them. Jericho is a dead man walking, and the people that are voting for him simply don't realize it yet.

My point remains. Jericho is quick enough to avoid the barbed wire, and is technically sound enough to adjust his offense to not include the ropes. Plus, Chris can stop the momentum of his weight easier that Show can.

Furthermore, if Jericho hits the ropes with his 235-lb frame, it will hurt. But if Show hits the wire with his 450+-lb frame, that wire will dig so far into his skin, he'll feel the effects FAR more than Jericho would.

it is a bloodbath but only jericho bleeds. BIG SHOW THROWS JERICHO into the ropes (barb wires) half a dozen times then pins him with a CHOKESLAM .
jericho has nowhere to run. he cant even make show move an inch.
show irish whips jericho into the ropes, tosses him into thebarb wires, punhes him through a steel chair that jericho brings in trying in vain to hit big show. show even body slams jericho over the wires to the outside.

SHOW WINS IN UNDER 7 MINUTES

Furthermore, if Jericho hits the ropes with his 235-lb frame, it will hurt. But if Show hits the wire with his 450+-lb frame, that wire will dig so far into his skin, he'll feel the effects FAR more than Jericho would.

Big Show is caked in blubber. He could hit the barbed wire and shake it off a lot better than Jericho could. Jericho is muscular. I imagine it's tougher to get barbed wire out of muscle, than it is fan.

Jericho is a sloppy wrestler anyway. He's probably inadvertently get himself tangled in barbed wire.

chris is decent, but i think show can take more punishment and has the advantage of being hard to whip into the wire. all he has to do is keep it slow and he's ending jericho's run in this tournament

My kneejerk reaction was that ECW + Y2J = win. Then I had to think it over after reading the thread.

You're right. If we are taking this tournament as people in their prime, then Big Show would ruin Chris so bad, it really would be Save.Yourself.Y2J. for the Lionheart. Because only the super duper slow Show from the early 2000's would stand there long enough for Chris to mount any kind of offense. Jericho is like a caged rat here, and the Giant is going to make this ugly, messy, and fast.

I think the previous theory of tossing into the wire into a Chokeslam for the win stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back