• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early WM28 Plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking over the EARLY (notice it says that) Rumored Card,I think it looks great overall. Now we still have the rest of the year to see if it holds up but it looks promising.

John Cena vs The Rock-How can anyone not be excited for this Match? Two of the Biggest Names in WWE History fighting on the Grandest Stage of them all. So what if the Title is on the line? It adds more drama to it.

Undertaker vs Chris Jericho-Nuff said with those two names. Sign me up im in.

HHH vs The Miz-This one I like as well and its a great chance for Miz to really become a Superstar (not that he isn't now).

Randy Orton vs Alberto Del Rio-This one could be intriguing if done correctly and I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara-A Dream Match in my opinion and would steal the Show.

Big Show vs Shaq-DO IT,Both are awesome and I loved Shaq's Guest Host role a couple years ago.

As for the people bitching about CM Punk,Christian,Sheamus,Daniel Bryan,Cody Rhodes,Wade Barrett,Kane,Drew Mcintyre,Ted Dibiase,Kofi Kingston,Jack Swagger,etc not being on the Card yet,ITS EARLY.

Rock vs Cena
woooowoo this match is pointless... this match is not gonna deliver... john morrison should be in the title match, not rocky... this match is only good for rating.... waste of a main event..... main event spot should go to young talent like jack swagger and dolph ziggler.

REALL? REALLY? REALLY?

this is why vince never cares about and cater to the "IWC" because they are moron who will never be satisfied with the direction of the wwe. If the iwc were given the chance to run the company, the wwe would go downhill like a roller coaster. Funny Yet, somehow these ppl who complain all the time will still tune in to the wwe.

Just when was this match is about "wrestling?"
This is the biggest match since rock vs hogan in terms of star power and their individual history. This is where the attitude era collides with the pg era. The biggest star in attitude era squares off against the current face of the wwe.

I think The Undertaker should face Mick Foley as Mankind on WrestleMania 28. Undertakers' greatest adversary. It's like the Batman vs. Joker rivalry of wrestling. Foley and Undertaker could both retire from the same match and go out on the biggest stage.

I'd also rather see a face Chris Jericho vs. a heel Miz.

The Randy Orton/Alberto Del Rio match sounds great, so I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Cena/Rock has to happen.

CM Punk or Christian vs. Triple H would be kind of unique.

I would like to see Undertaker vs. The Miz or Undertaker vs. Randy Orton (I know this has already taken place but Orton was much younger and not over like he is now).

However, I guess if I have to "settle" for Undertaker vs. Jericho, that's just fine with me.

Jericho vs. Miz could be good then put Undertaker against Orton as I suggested above.

The rest of the preliminary card looks good.

So much can and will change between now and then, I hope we all understand that.

Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, The Rock and Triple H's involvement at WrestleMania is very wrong. They aren't busting their asses for 52 straight weeks like everyone else is and yet they get a spotlight at WrestleMania? I guess I can accept The Rock because his return has been highly awaited for years, but Taker and Triple H are at a point where the fans aren't expecting them at Raw every week and aren't caring either. Sure, they're stars, but they're not draws anymore. They're not draws, because they're NEVER there. You can't be a draw when you aren't even booked on a card.

If they return at WM28, that would be 2 matches in 2 years which is a very bad number.

I think Taker, Triple H and Jericho should all be left off the card. If Taker is there, it should be in either a match with a young superstar or a very important match. Not just a match where he faces another part-timer like Jericho, but a match where he really gets to steal the show with some star of today like CM Punk or Randy Orton.

At this rate, the show is going to look like this:

1. The Rock vs. John Cena
2. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. CM Punk
3. Triple H vs. The Miz
4. The Undertaker vs. Alberto Del Rio
5. Chris Jericho vs. Randy Orton
6. Booker T vs. Michael Cole
7. Mankind vs. Cody Rhodes
8. Diesel vs. The Big Show
9. Trish Stratus vs. Some diva of today like Melina
10. The "Oops we kept most of our current stars off the card so let's make a really big battle royal for something that sounds important" match

again you completely ignore the fact that by giving matches like the Rock vs. Cena and Taker vs. Jericho, wwe is giving the fans what they want and bottom line, this is what matters. WM is no place to push new talents,at least not the way you see it..it is just bigger than that. Build Barret or Sheamus as a threat as much as you want, it will never, ever be a bigger attraction than a Taker vs. Jericho match....this is just because of a simple fact: Jericho is better than them. Taker vs. any of these you in any other ppvs? I`m in.Taker vs. Barret was never a wrestlemania caliber match, not even close to what Taker vs. HHH is, that`s why they dropped it, most people didn`t care. Forget about a youngster having a rub at Taker, won`t happen for the simple fact that people don`t want to see that ahead of a potential Taker vs. Jericho. And your critic about this match doesn`t stand, they NEVER had a feud...look at this thread itself, most people want to see that. Building the foundation cannot be made at the expense of a better product. WWE shouldnt have this match just to let a youngster ready to step up have a chance at Taker?? Really? That would be really dumb from wwe. I get your point, it is just not realistic, never will. Stuff like Taker should help push this or that guy at mania or Rock shouldn`t be allowed to be back etc are nothing else that unrealistic (most importantly part of the minority) perspective.....just never going to happen and that`s again because WWE has no other choice. You can`t assess a wrestlemania card by ignoring the selling factor, just not how this business works...was a reality 15 years ago, still is a reality today, will still be a reality in 10 years and wrestlemania is the very definition of this reality.

You are aware that Jericho and Taker have wrestled each other before on Smackdown, right? Jericho has several clean victories over Taker. Making this a match at WM does not change those facts.

November 27, 2009
Chris Jericho vs. The Undertaker

November 13, 2009

This was also around the same time when CM Punk cleanly beat the Undertaker on several different nights. I think anyone who's half Takers age, and decent in the ring could beat the Undertaker, hes old, washed up, and needs to retire. The Dead Man needs to Die (from wrestling, not in real life)

Saying that most internet fans want to see Taker vs Jericho and Rock vs Cena doesn't help your argument much, do you see some of the crap thats posted here. Do you really trust the opinion of some of these characters?

You are aware that Jericho and Taker have wrestled each other before on Smackdown, right? Jericho has several clean victories over Taker. Making this a match at WM does not change those facts.

November 27, 2009

November 13, 2009

This was also around the same time when CM Punk cleanly beat the Undertaker on several different nights. I think anyone who's half Takers age, and decent in the ring could beat the Undertaker, hes old, washed up, and needs to retire. The Dead Man needs to Die (from wrestling, not in real life)

Saying that most internet fans want to see Taker vs Jericho and Rock vs Cena doesn't help your argument much, do you see some of the crap thats posted here. Do you really trust the opinion of some of these characters?
forget the Internet fans...to you really believe most wwe wouldn`t want to see those 2 matches over the other options?? You are in disillusion if you think so...again it comes to the selling factor (always does) and what I said about the past wm and how the likes of Rock and Taker still attracts the people much more than other people would and that is the reason WWE are sticking with them. You see this in a perspective of building foundation for the future but the sad reality is that it just cannot be that way.
I know Taker and Jericho did have matches in the past, read again, I said they never had a proper feud....these are 2 of the best ever, the potential is a big as it come. So Jericho had clean victories of Taker? Perfect, what better platform to build him as a credible threat. Who said those facts should be changed? The streak is about wrestlemania right? HBK also did beat Taker several times, HHH also did, so did Kane, so did batista,so did big show,...so what? What`s your point here? I`m talking about a real proper feud here, no they never had that...not even a ppv match. 2 sd matches does not make a fued... specially with players of such caliber. Any sensible writer will see this as good product.
Ironic that you say Taker is old, washed up in sense I feel you think he is having bad matches at mania recently. I do agree he should retire...Jericho is the perfect, probably only good option here.

The Rock vs John Cena
Well, yeah, that one is pretty much guaranteed, unless injuries or unexpected movie offers kill those plans.

I got the following theory on Cena-Rock. Cena wins the match by finally and at long last turning heel.
Rocky gets an excuse for losing in front of his homecrowd, the right man wins (it is a simple question of what's good for business - cena MUST win), and Cena's long overdue heel turn is done where it has the biggest impact.

The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho
Are you serious? I'm not buying it. Not only would no one believe that Jericho even has an inkling of a chance of beating Taker, I believe it is pretty much decided that it's going to be Undertaker-Triple H part 2 (3 actually). I don't believe that fairy tale about a Summerslam rematch between the two.

Triple H against The Miz.
Like I said, I believe the Tripper will be in a different program. But generally speaking this would be a program I could get very excited about. How about you do THIS for Summerslam?

Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton.
Uhm, ok. Certainly not a bad match, but I can't say that idea takes my breath away.

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio.
That's a gimme.

Big Show against Shaq.
Highly speculative at this point, but this would be very cool.

Why does everybody have such a problem with Undertaker vs Chris Jericho. i think it will be a good match, in my eyes Y2J is the only man capable of taking over the monkier MR. Wrestlemania and can we stop talking about how he cant beat the streak no body can. its not even belivable someone can beat taker now at 19-0. Undertaker will ride in to the sunset of retirement 20-0 no matter who he faces

and with Rock vs John Cena i dont think is as clean cut as everybody thinks. Am i not the only one that thinks that the great one wont come back for one match just to lose in hes hometown?

Why does everybody have such a problem with Undertaker vs Chris Jericho. i think it will be a good match, in my eyes Y2J is the only man capable of taking over the monkier MR. Wrestlemania and can we stop talking about how he cant beat the streak no body can. its not even belivable someone can beat taker now at 19-0. Undertaker will ride in to the sunset of retirement 20-0 no matter who he faces

and with Rock vs John Cena i dont think is as clean cut as everybody thinks. Am i not the only one that thinks that the great one wont come back for one match just to lose in hes hometown?
I think WWE is going to lead to something even bigger for WrestleMania 29. Leading up the show, people like Austin, Foley, Jericho, Booker T and Triple H will all be around WWE albeit without matches. Maybe Triple H and The Rock will have matches at WrestleMania. But most of them will help Rock screw Cena and beat him in the main event. The next night, WWE announces that WrestleMania 29 will be "Return of the Legends" and that they will ALL have matches.

That sets up WrestleMania 29 from the start without actually giving away who they will be wrestling.

It will be Attitude Era stars Steve Austin, The Rock, Booker T, Chris Jericho, Triple H, The Undertaker, Mick Foley, Kane and maybe even Kurt Angle if they can get him.

They can even have other Attitude Era guys who currently work for WWE like Christian, Goldust, Big Show, Mr. McMahon, William Regal and Val Venis and maybe even bring back the New Age Outlaws, the Nation of Domination or the Ministry.

The possibilities are endless.

I think WWE is going to lead to something even bigger for WrestleMania 29. Leading up the show, people like Austin, Foley, Jericho, Booker T and Triple H will all be around WWE albeit without matches. Maybe Triple H and The Rock will have matches at WrestleMania. But most of them will help Rock screw Cena and beat him in the main event. The next night, WWE announces that WrestleMania 29 will be "Return of the Legends" and that they will ALL have matches.

That sets up WrestleMania 29 from the start without actually giving away who they will be wrestling.

It will be Attitude Era stars Steve Austin, The Rock, Booker T, Chris Jericho, Triple H, The Undertaker, Mick Foley, Kane and maybe even Kurt Angle if they can get him.

They can even have other Attitude Era guys who currently work for WWE like Christian, Goldust, Big Show, Mr. McMahon, William Regal and Val Venis and maybe even bring back the New Age Outlaws, the Nation of Domination or the Ministry.

The possibilities are endless.

This is by far the worst, as well as the most ridiculous idea ever.

The Attitude Era is over, there is no need to base a WM on the idea of bringing back a bunch of has beens. Why waste time with old stars when they have new stars in a new era to focus on. Not to mention a lot of the names you listed are not yet Legends.

Also why would anyone need to help the Rock screw over Cena? The Rock talks enough shit, and he should be able to back it up. Not to mention its another completely ridiculous idea. IF the Rock's worthless ass can't beat Cena cleanly whats the purpose in putting him in the main event at WM28?

Anyone else tired of people who graduated YEARS ago still trying to be the prom king in 2011-2012?

Kevin Nash did an interview shortly after he came back and he brought up a good point about how he didn't want to hurt some new guy's confidence by taking his first Wrestlemania spot. I am not psychic or anything, but how must the guys like Sheamus, Wade, and Miz had felt knowing that they busted their asses in 2010 only to become after thoughts when it came Wrestlemania time?

As far as the whole card goes.. Who cares? It will be built around Cena vs Rock. THAT will be the big selling point. Kinda like how most of the matches this year were completely thrown out the window to make room for eventual confirmation between Rock and Cena.

But the listed stuff.. Eh.

The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho.. I don't think the whole believability thing will be a factor as much as an interest thing. I am not picturing how they can come up with weekly segments to keep the interest in this one. Both guys have been more than less the same characters for a few years now. You could even argue they have given the same 2 or 3 promos for the same few years now too. We saw how tepid the build to HHH/Taker was.. And I think it mostly because it is two guys we have seen face off before. I am not saying that because I actually seen them face off before. But because it just felt "un-fresh." I think the same problem could arise for Taker/Jericho.

Triple H against The Miz... I like Triple H. I don't think he is the anti-christ like a lot of internet fans did/still (?) do. However, I don't think he is good at putting over talent. Every time they slapped him with some 'new' guy, it was just hard to care because everyone knew he was going to win in the most convincing fashion: Pedigree, 1.2.3. Miz on the other hand is someone who still trying to prove people he *is* a main eventer. I don't see how this match up will be good for the Miz.

Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton.. One guy cannot make the crowd boo him while the other cannot be a good face to save his life. Yikes.

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio.. What's this one for? Rey Rey turns heel cuz Sin Cara is better and younger than him?

Big Show against Shaq.. This could be a lot of fun. However, I think the real money is having Show and Shaq team up against an army of assholes. Slater and Kidd are bound to still be around. Have them get squash for an easy WM pay day.

How about ending the streak? I know that sounds skectchy but do it under controversial terms I'm thinking Shawn Micheals vs HHH vs Taker but don't let taker be involved in the decision. Maybe have DX rally together up until the night of WM28 and it ultimately could segway a build for WM29??? I know thats a stretch but hey it's a forum.

I'm gonna have to agree with FrenchKiss up there, where's Punk? Christian?
Obviously these are tentative plans and obviously things will change but a large chunk of the roster that people would like to see at Mania is just ignored?

I for one wouldn't be thrilled at it, there are some decent looking matches and almost every on the tentative card has the POTENTIAL to be a good match. WE'll just see what happens

Remember These Are The EARLY plans and we know what the wrestlng world is like it can change in a heartbeat. So i think these plans look great but would love to see punk vs christian for a mid card title.

Remember These Are The EARLY plans and we know what the wrestlng world is like it can change in a heartbeat. So i think these plans look great but would love to see punk vs christian for a mid card title.

Again, do any of you really think before typing a response?

CM Punk is a heel on Raw. He should be top contender for the WWE Title vs Cena at this point in time. Unless CM Punk doesn't resign with the WWE there is no reason he should be involved in a middle card match at WM.

Christian is the to HEEL on Smackdown. He's currently involved in a feud with the WHC Randy Orton and should at some point in the near future should recapture the WHC. Christian could easily go into WM next year as the defending champion vs someone else on Smackdown

Why the hell on Earth would the two be pitted against each other for a middle card title when their both Main Event caliper performers? Why would two of the top heels in the entire company who are on different brands be put in a match vs each other for a middle card title?

This is by far the worst, as well as the most ridiculous idea ever.

The Attitude Era is over, there is no need to base a WM on the idea of bringing back a bunch of has beens. Why waste time with old stars when they have new stars in a new era to focus on. Not to mention a lot of the names you listed are not yet Legends.

Also why would anyone need to help the Rock screw over Cena? The Rock talks enough shit, and he should be able to back it up. Not to mention its another completely ridiculous idea. IF the Rock's worthless ass can't beat Cena cleanly whats the purpose in putting him in the main event at WM28?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I HATE the idea. Look earlier in the thread and you'll see a post where I pretty much piss on the idea that they are filling WM with guys like Jericho, Taker, Trips, Rock and Austin.

What I posted here is what I think they're going to do here. They can't have Cena put over The Rock cleanly, because he won't ever be a regular again. And they can't have The Rock put over Cena cleanly, because Cena will be booed the hell out of that arena. Actually, either way, Cena will be booed.

To assure Cena stays face, regardless of the boos, they have to turn Rock heel. If they don't, Rock is going to outface Cena. How do they turn Rock heel? Have him cheat and win the match. But the cheating has to lead to something bigger... if not, it just seems like a cop-out ending to a dumb feud.

The "bigger" they are probably searching for is a return of the Attitude stars. I personally don't like the idea, but they're probably going to convince themselves that a Return of the Legends WrestleMania would help the younger guys by passing the torch.

I personally prefer to see Morrison/Miz than Triple H/Miz, Bryan/Ziggler than Taker/Jericho, Cena/Del Rio than Cena/Rock, etc. but WWE just doesn't see it the potential the way I see it. They're too hung up on the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back