• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early WM28 Plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the responses to this thread has convinced me that some people in the iwc will crap on gold and ask for silver. this is a dream wrestlemania after the crap we got this past year. (not all of it was bad, but the rock saved it for sure, along with taker vs hhh).

rock vs cena- hogan vs rock of the new era. the passing of the torch. the biggest match in a decade. if you think it is a waste, i dont know what to say to you anymore.

jericho vs taker- people dont want this? really, really? these guys put on the best matches out of almost anyone on the current roster. not to mention, jericho is the king of fueds. any fued he does is gold, and taker still goes like no other. i already think i know how they will build jericho up. lets count jericho's firsts in the wwe. first undisputed champion, first pro to have a rookie win, first team captain to win at bragging rights, the guy can make it seem like he is a serious threat to anything. it will be the match of the night imo. And for those that want it to be taker vs a new comer, this is suppose to be the big match on the card for wrestlemanias. the other ones now seem to be the new vs the old. since wrestlemania 23 it has been taker vs batista, taker vs edge, taker vs hbk, taker vs hbk 2 and taker vs hhh. it has to be another veteran that will get the crowd excited.
hhh vs the miz- even thought i dont like the miz, this will turn into a great fued, and hhh (even though some people dont think so) is great at putting other people over win or lose.
orton vs del rio- another great opportunity for a new guy, while creating a great match to excite the fans
rey vs sin cara-who wouldnt love this. rey is definitely passint the torch here. probably best pure wrestling match on the card, besides taker jericho.
shaq vs big show- it will be fun, and get ppv buys. not to mention it is in Miami. Heat anyone??? they are going to use a celebrity, we all know that. might as well be a former miami heat player that just retired.

and for people saying what about the other guys. it is 9 months in advanced. they havent even mentioned the whc match. i want to know what rhodes, barret, and sheamus are doing, but im sure that the wwe will have something big for them. rhodes is on fire. he will probably be in the championship match.

this would be the greatest wrestlemania since the attitude era. if you dont like it, there is no pleasing you.

everyone is assuming Jericho will come back. If he doesn't I would kind of like to see R Truth take on the Undertaker. If he is still the crazy R truth he can claim it's the only way he can get some respect and it would make the little jimmies cry.

I have a feeling for as long as Taker wrestles at mania from now on it will be "legends" who come out and say they want to break the streak. If that's the case they still have a chance to throw some money at Sting for a dream match or use Foley for one last Taker vs Mankind match (even make it hell in a cell)

Yeah, I agree with u. Y2J said he will return later this year so Taker vs Y2J at WM 28 is probably happening.

It was stated within WWE however Taker might only work on WM appearances from now on, so that he can make it to WM 30. I'm not going to be surprised with Foley's recent return rumor, we might see Taker vs Foley at WM 29.

I doubt the reliability of these 'sources', but still, I'll bite and pretend it's got legs.

Jericho vs. Undertaker would be a dream match for me. I'm a huge, huge, HUGE Jericho-mark. I'd love it immensely, but only under the condition that Jericho goes into this feud as a massive heel.

Sure, Y2J's beaten Stone Cold and the Rock on the same night, but he's never been put on the HHH/HBK/Taker caliber, by the booking. For this to be at all believable for me(yes, I choose to suspend disbelief when watching Wrestling), Jericho's gotta be that classic heel that he's so damn good at.

As for HHH/Miz, that one is quite interesting to me. I thought the WWE's had a few chances to turn Miz face, but it seems as if they're sticking with him as a heel. HHH's many, many returns usually blow the roof off the joint, so if booked properly, I feel this could be a good storyline, with Miz impersonating and quoting HHH from this year. "You don't know when to hang it up, etc, etc."

Del Rio/Orton and Sin Cara/Mysterio have great 'show-stealing' potential. Shaq vs. Big Show could actually be mildly entertaining for a celeb fest. I think Shaq's a pretty funny dude, and might take the gig seriously.

Of course, we're 9-10 months away from Mania. Look at the WWE this time in 2010. Did anyone think that in 9 or 10 months the Miz would be actually Main Eventing Mania?

Rock v Cena -- i dont really wont this match to happen, but i can see why it is such a huge draw and why wwe wants that.
Undertaker v Jericho would be a great match
Triple H v The Miz
Del Rio v Orton
Sin Cara v Mysterio
Show v Shaq

While i think this is a great card, it can definitely be improved.

Im going to ask a question, would a Legends v New World be used as a theme for wrestlemania??? like the matches below

Rock v Cena is already set in stone
Undertaker v Del Rio
Jericho v Miz
Mysterio v Sin Cara
as the old v new

and as additional matches
Bryan v Punk v Rhodes v Orton for the WHC
McIntyre v Morrison for the WWE title
Show v Shaq
Kingston v Ziggler v Barrett v Mason Ryan v Ezekial Jackson v DiBiase for the US/IC Title in a Ladder Match

It would boost guys like del rio, a miz v jericho would be the BEST PROMO's ever. Rock/Cena definitely doesnt need title, i think it is more unpredictable without the title
And an Internet Only Dark Match Ryder v Santino for the Internet title (hahaha not gunna happen but who cares let us have some fun :)

The Rock vs John Cena - This is happening, we already know that. And yes, I'm sure it's going to be for the WWE title. Cena will not lose, that's not even up for debate.

The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho
If it happens, I won't be upset. Would be a great match, and a great program. However....

Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton
I would rather see Jericho vs. Orton, and Taker vs. Del Rio. Orton and Jericho would probably steal the show, and the feud leading up would be nothing short of amazing (especially since they would be headlining Smackdown the whole way through, with one of them more than likely winning the Rumble).

Triple H vs. The Miz
Could definitely be a killer feud. And no, HHH doesn't need to lose. If he were to win, I wouldn't complain. I'm sure 99.85% of the IWC would, but, it's wrestling -- it's not real.

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio
No shocker here. A passing of the torch, I would guess. Sin Cara has done absolutely nothing for me, so far, so I'm not sure I would care. Decent spot fest, no question, but the "I respect you" thing couldn't last that long.

Big Show vs. Shaq
I'm a mark for Big Shaq, no question, so I wouldn't mind seeing this. Shaq is as athletic as they come (even at his age) for his size, and is a trained fighter. IF Shaq can commit to making this a month or so long feud, it could be really good.
You hit it right on the mark. Del Rio/Undertaker and Jericho/Orton sound like far better matches than Del Rio/Orton and Jericho/Undertaker.

Although, I would prefer for Undertaker to have a Fatal 4 Way match at WrestleMania for various reasons:

1. He isn't in his prime anymore and WWE can't expect him to put on an HBK/Taker quality match every year. However, with three other wrestlers in the fold, it will be a huge load off his shoulders.

2. With the HBK and Triple H rematches, his number of Victims and number of Matches have been screwed up. Every time he says "19 victims", we'll all know that really means 17. If he wins a Fatal 4 Way at WrestleMania, he can add 3 victims to the list in one match. His streak will be paired up "20 matches, 20 victims".

3. The WWE can market that Undertaker doesn't even have to get pinned to lose the streak. Any of those other three wrestlers can pin each other and end up beating the streak for good. The average fan will have much more intrigue in the match knowing that "Wrestler A doesn't have to be better than The Undertaker to beat the streak, he just has to be better than Wrestler B or Wrestler C."

4. It puts three young guys automatically in a high-profile match at WrestleMania, and with The Rock having a match and rumors of Shaquille O"Neal and Big Show taking up precious time, its a good way to balance out the card. Plus, these guys will immediately be more over just for feuding with The Undertaker.

5. I think its a good idea because I do NOT want to see another Undertaker/Triple H match nor an Undertaker/Jericho match. I've seen them both and they were nothing special. I have no problem with three-star matches like those, but WWE ridiculously overhypes them. They made Taker/Triple H sound like the most important match of the decade when it didn't even have any proper buildup. It was just BLEH. I would much prefer an actual feud going on between three wrestlers and The Undertaker.

Anyway, my match would be The Undertaker vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Wade Barrett vs. Sheamus. Three young heels who all want to take out The Undertaker. After losing, they can unite together, take out Undertaker on the next Raw, and form an alliance for the rest of the year.

Why would WWE have early Wrestlemania plans for CM Punk whern he is out fo contract in around 2/3 months time? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Punk has become a jobber recently and looks like he is on the way out. I hope not but no point making plans for him is there. Anyway should he stick around Punk vs Morrison would be interesting.

Nobody has mentioned R-Truth yet? WWE's 'hottest heel' right now! I'd like to see him Tag with Zeke Jackson.
They have early plans for Jericho and Shaquille and neither of them are employed! Early plans involving CM Punk don't sound farfetched. However, maybe they are positive he's leaving for good. What a shame, they should have done everything they could to keep him around, he is worth it.

One thing I think is for sure... WWE is going to have to find a creative way to get more of their wrestlers involved without overbooking the card at the same time.

A good start on that would be... not letting Michael Cole do 10 minutes of offense that looks absolutely horrible. And you could cut the selling a bit in matches such as HHH/Taker.

i love hearing everyone bitch and say "where is the development of the new stars?"
Hate to break it to you but Wrestlemania is not where that will happen. Wrestlemania is a huge media event and money maker if done correctly. But imagine if you are the casual fan that is going to buy the PPV to see the Rock, or Shaq, or whatever other celeb or legend is involved.
The diehard fans that want the "wrestling classic" match of bryan vs morrison vs ziggler or whatever "dream" match is thrown out are going to buy it anyway.
As Bischof said, we are the 10%ers. We can get the classics at house shows, minor PPVs, and TV.
Wrestlemania is NOT going to be the spot the they build the young stars. It just isn't.

The Rock vs. John Cena
This is official and we all kow it. However, I don't believe that the WWE title will be on the line in the match as this is more a grudge match more than anything and adding the title being on the line will serve no purpose to it. Plus if Cena loses the title up to Wrestlemania then that gives The Rock something to laugh at Cena for. I don't expect anything but a great match from these two and hopefully Rocky hasn't acumulated too much ring rust from his time away from the ring.

A match that I've always wanted to see personally. These two have faced off several times at differant points on PPV but only ever at multi man matches(Elimination Chamber, Survivor Series) so a one on one match between these two at Wrestlemania of all places would be a dream come true for many people of the IWC. One huge factor that we should take into account here is wether or not 'Taker is in any kind of condition to perform. Since he damaged his shoulder so bad he really hasn' been himself but he can still put on great matches which we saw at Wrestlemania.

HHH vs. The Miz
This could work. Miz could do what he does well and be a cocky arrogant prick against Triple H for maybe screwing him out of the Royal Rumble or a title match. HHH is still solid in the ring and can work a damn good match. The promos between these two could be great stuff if the feud is developed properly and not made competely one sided. Either way this is a feud I'm really excited for.

This could a hit or miss. Randy Orton isn't a dependable person to carry a match with. He showed us that he can have great matches with some and bland, terrible matches with others e.g WAde Barrett/Sheamus, CM Punk/Christian. Still both of these men have in-ring psychology nailed down to a tee and that alone could make the match really interesting. I'm not Randy Ortons biggest fan but he has gotten better in the past year but still needs someone he can click with and I think Alberto will suit him fine.

Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio
If anything Sin Cara has proven to us that FCW isn't a complete waste of time. He really needs to slow down his style and throw in some technical moves like suplexes, DDT's, and rest holds! They aren't crap and they help a match slow its pace. Either way this match can be seen as a proverbial passing of the torch between these two. Cara will become the next generations Rey because Rey's career is coming to a halt after a while due to his knees. Hopefully by the time this match has come around Cara will have a much better style than he has now. This could be a great match though apparently it's just gonna be the WWE's way of trying to break a world record but really who cares.

If this is what WM 28 could be then I'm really excited.

i love hearing everyone bitch and say "where is the development of the new stars?"
Hate to break it to you but Wrestlemania is not where that will happen. Wrestlemania is a huge media event and money maker if done correctly. But imagine if you are the casual fan that is going to buy the PPV to see the Rock, or Shaq, or whatever other celeb or legend is involved.
The diehard fans that want the "wrestling classic" match of bryan vs morrison vs ziggler or whatever "dream" match is thrown out are going to buy it anyway.
As Bischof said, we are the 10%ers. We can get the classics at house shows, minor PPVs, and TV.
Wrestlemania is NOT going to be the spot the they build the young stars. It just isn't.

There is just so much wrong in this I am surprised that you are able to put together a coherent thought at all. First off, are you really saying that Wrestlemania is not the place to have a "wrestling classic" and that it should only have "big money matches"? How long have you been watching wrestling? Six months? Wrestlemania is exactly the place to have BOTH of these kind of matches and to satisfy both sides of the wrestling fanbase. No "wrestling classics" at Mania? Are you serious? So I guess these matches aren't considered "wrestling classics" then:

Steamboat vs Savage (Mania III)
Piper vs Hart (Mania VIII)
Hart vs Hart (Mania X)
Hart vs Michaels (Mania XII)
Angle vs Beniot (Mania XVII)
Jericho vs Michaels (Mania XIX)
Angle vs Lesnar (Mania XIX)
Angle vs Michaels (Mania XXI)

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. All "wrestling classics" all took place at Wrestlemania. It is possible to have both types of matches on the 4 hour program if you book it right, and you SHOULD have both types of matches on the program. Secondly, Mania isn't the place to build young stars? No, no, no, no, no, Mania is EXACTLY the place to raise someone up to the next level of stardom. Just ask HBK, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, Edge, and Cena where they think their careers were raised up to the Main Event Level. I guarantee you they all say at Wrestlemania.

Okay, sorry to get sidetracked like that. Back to the topic at hand. I think this is a pretty incredible card as of right now. I mean, they are obviously going to add in some smaller, wrestling matches to the mix, but if these are the big money matches that they are building the show around, I can see this being a pretty spectacular Mania.

The Rock vs John Cena: This match is set in stone, and is 100% going to happen, and I personally can't wait for it. As someone said, this is the Rock vs Hogan of this generation, and while I don't think neither of these guys are as popular as Hogan was, I think they both come extremely close. The crowd will eat this match up, and make it an instant classic.

Jericho vs Taker: I can easily see this match being just as good as HBK vs Taker I, IF Taker's body can hold up. We all saw it at this year's Mania with the slow methodical pace of the match with HHH: I don't know how much of a quick pace Taker can wrestle at anymore. I honestly think the HBK matches whipped him out. I hope when he comes back he can wrestle a Jericho style match, which is HBK's style, because if he can, this match will be absolutely amazing, and a MOTY contender.

HHH vs Miz: As someone said, Miz without the belt is not much a superstar. At first, I laughed at this absurd statement, but the more I thought about it, the more right it seems. Miz needs a big, CLEAN, win at Mania to give him that superstar aura with or without the belt, and a win against The Game would be just what the doctor ordered. I can see this feud going down the Orton/HHH path and getting really personal, but with a better payoff match. :p

Del Rio vs Orton: I think the styles of these two guys mesh well together, but I really think they need to do something awesome with the buildup in order to make this match memorable. Let's face it, Orton has not really delivered at Mania the last few years, and I am afraid this match is going to add to that list rather than snap the streak. I hope I am wrong.

Sin Cara vs Mysterio: This match is going to be awesome. I love the Mexican, Lucha Libre style, and to see it in all of it's full glory is going to be a thrill. I really don't care about the feud leading up to this match, or who is heel or face, the in-ring action is going to deliver, and that is all I need to be sold on this match.

Big Show vs Shaq: This is not going to be the joke that some people think it is going to be. Shaq is a legit athlete, and has TRAINED to fight in the UFC. This match is not going to be amazing (I feel like all big man vs big man matches are usually just "eh" with the notable exception of Kane vs Taker at Mania 14), but I think it will be a solid, entertaining affair, and of course, the media exposure will make it all worth while in Vince's eyes.

So yeah, like I said, sprinkle in some good wrestling matches with these, and this Mania has the potential to be pretty epic. That is, IF this is the card we actually get.

I love the rumored card for WM XXVIII!!

WWE Championship Title match
John Cena vs. The Rock
This is the Main Event of Main Events as of right now as far as name value goes. After this takes place, I’m not sure they can top this until Cena gets up there in age and is playing the role of the Legend.

Undertaker’s WM Streak match
The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho
Just the fact the Jericho is on the card make this Jericho-holic happy. To be put in one of the WM Main Events (WWE Title match, World Title match, Undertaker’s Streak match, and Vince McMahon / Celebrity match) says something. I think Taker should win and go on to become 20 – 0, regardless of who he faces. Also, I love the fact that the Undertaker vs. Triple H rematch won’t take place at WM. I already think that Taker should NOT have faced HBK and HHH twice at Mania, so I’m against a third for Hunter.

Big Show’s Celebrity match
Big Show vs. Big Shaq
I like this match and I would think there would be some outside interference involved. The possibilities are endless.

I like this match up, but only if it’s for the World Heavyweight Championship with Del Rio pulling out the victory…and a successful Title defense.

Triple H vs. The Miz
I like this match up, as it is, as of right now, somewhat fresh. The promos and build up for this would be great. Throw in the Intercontinental Title for this one and put the Miz over.

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio
This match is interesting and is a “passing of the torch” match in itself. I’d like to see the United States Title on the line for this one with Sin Cara walking out the victor.

The Rock vs John Cena
The biggest money-maker on the card. Possibly the biggest money-maker of that year. I can't wait. Cena FTW!

Oh my God, yes. I've been waiting for this match forever. Chris Jericho is my favorite wrestler... er, i mean... superstar. It would be an epic match, as they have never faced off at Wrestlemania.

Triple H vs. The Undertaker (Summerslam)
If this happens, they have to build it up. I dont wanna see them come back onto the show 3 weeks before the PPV. But I guess that wont happen, seeing that Summerslam is 3 months away...

Triple H vs. The Miz
Again, this has to be built up. But I think it would be an EPIC feud. It was also have the Miz another great rub.

Why couldn't WM27 be this good?! This is freakin' awesome. These two can pull off a great match. If you don't believe me, try out the WWE '12 booth at E3, they're both playable characters :lmao:

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio
Gimmick match... but its an obvious one. A passing of the torch from one luchador to another. I think they might have to start making Cara talk a bit, and actually cut some promo's if he can. Amazing match that would show case Sin Cara's abilities and Mysterio can teach him a few tricks.

Big Show vs. Shaq
Wouldn't mind it. I mean, they do have chemistry from when he was the guest host. I'd rather have Shaq than Snooki...

The one thing I don't understand about so many people on wrestlezone forums is.....there ideas, attitudes, whatever you want to call it, about the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Have the Undertaker wrestle a young guy like Drew McIntyre or Daniel Bryan at wrestlemania to give them a push??? Really???? What I like even better is when you people say, Undertaker should lose to one of these young guys at WRESTLEMANIA to give them a huge push. Really people????? So let me get this straight: Shawn Michaels and HHH couldn't get the job done in the last three years, argueably two of the greatest two ever step into the squared circle, but I'm suppose to believe that dudes who main event on SUPERSTARS have a fighting chance. Did you not see how HHH literally almost killed the Undertaker this year, and still fell short. Look, I know we watch grown men pretending to fight each other, but I love suspending my belief during wrestling. I like to think, damn, that sweet chin music might actually end the streak. Or damn, I can't believe HHH is gonna end the streak with a tombstone. But guess what, nobody can suspend there belief enough to think, wow, Undertaker might tap to the labell lock, or holy s*%t, Drew McIntyre just ddt'ed the Undertaker, he might do it....NO. If you don't understand that THE STREAK is the biggest part of Wrestlemania, and that it is viewed as bigger than either World Title matches, then you should not be sharing your thoughts with us. If you don't understand that there is a 1000 different ways to give a young guy a push besides taking away the biggest spectacle in wrestling, i.e. the streak at wrestlemania, then you need to give up on life, because life is much harder than that concept. The Undertaker will go 20-0 and then retire. Vince will release the DVD, The Undertaker: 20-0 at Wrestlemania, and it most likely will be the biggest dvd they ever sell. He will never lose at mania. For those of you that want to see Taker vs Bryan, McIntyre, Barrett, Hornswoggle, Mae Young, or any other person of this nature, then you don't understand Wrestlemania. You don't understand The Grandest Stage of them All. You don't understand that it is a night to make yourself immortal. There are 52 Raw and Smackdown episodes a year. There are 12-13 pay per views a year. Plenty of time to give "young guys a push". And for people that are not excited about Y2J and Taker at Mania(if that's true) you're insane. Y2J is one of the best on the mic and in ring performers in history. The story he would build would be incredible. Last but not least, I'd like to say sorry to all you Daniel Bryan fans that seem to take up 95% of the people on wrestlezone.com. He will never main event Mania, or anything else for that matter. Maybe one or two title shots , BUT, and this is reality people, he is the white Shelton Benjamin, and that is a shame because dude is incredible in the ring.

This is the finest WM card I have seen in five years, and that, too, is not yet complete, I believe. The card's bound to expand.
1. The Rock vs John Cena
2. The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho
3. Triple H vs The Miz.
4. Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton.
5. Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio.
6. Big Show vs NBA star Shaq.
7. Kharma vs ???: Kharma's 9-month break is - I think - end in style at WM, most probably against the champions (not Bella Twins, I hope)
8. CM Punk vs ???: It's bound to happen. Maybe Mason Ryan
9. WWE championship (anyone): Another match. I seriously have doubts about Cena owning the belt for 11 straight months. Even Vince is not that stupid. Right, he should keep PG fans intact, but Rock-feud has it enough. Moreover, failure to enter WM with belt will incise the whole situation.
10. Christian vs ???: Another thing to happen. Maybe, Wade Barret is going for the role. The man's awesome, and he'll do better at this stage.
11. Tag-team match and US championship: I don't care about them in WWE, but I think they will be on cards as well.

So, if the above-mentioned card happens, the sales will reach sky-high and Vince's smile will lacerate through the face.

Punk isn't involved because creative doesn't know if he will be with the company. Remember, his contract is up this year & there is nor guarantee he will immediately re-sign. If he does, I'm sure they can come up with something for him.

The rest of the card looks fine, except for wasting HHH on The Miz. At least The Miz won't have a title heading into that match-the only thing worse than watching The Miz is watching him be the focus of a show as its champion.

ok whos the ****** who said ziggler v. morrison for the wwe title?????? first of all look at the match they had at WM 27 they were overshadowed by snooki! SNOOKIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes no doubt one or maybe both of them are gonna be a world champ (dont kno if u would really consider ziggler a champ) but its gonna take them longer to get there. especially for morrison after the whole trish stratus thing.

You're aware that neither Morrison or Ziggler actually got any ringtime for that match - which is why Snooki overshadowed them.

Regarding the card, i'm not too excited at all.

Mysterio Vs Sin Cara - is there a face/heel here?

Triple H Vs Miz - great, could be decent feud.

Randy Orton Vs Alberto Del Rio - Randy will win, Del Rio will NOT go over him, why is Randy even in the WWE, he eventually beats everyone, forever.

Jericho Vs Taker - Why ? Jericho Orton makes more sense, why not have Taker Vs Anyone else..

Shaq Vs Big Show - doesn't hurt anybody..

But most of all i'm least excited by Rock Vs John Cena. Please Vince, Please Please Please Please Please don't make this for the title. Just don't.

just a few points here, you have no idea how the business works do you? You should try to look at this with an objective, realistic way. You don`t care about the Rock and the streak? Most people care and that what matters.
You say you don`t care about the steak but yet it will be the second selling point of the PPV. Why not vs. a new talent? No match vs. a new talent would make fans look forward to the PPV...this is a fact, pure and simple. Remember when they had Taker vs. Barret planned? They actually started the feud but eventually dropped it. You know why? Nobody cared...people want to see Taker vs. the likes of HHH and Jericho. The streak will prevail, high profile matches is the only thing that keeps it interesting. There has never been a true feud worked between these 2, never and this is something that will please many many fans and will sell the PPV. It has a lot of potential and Jericho will know how to build himself as a credible opponent. There really ain`t many other matches that will get people to be interested in the streak next year.

Rock vs. Cena. I agree it is a waste of a title match, because it basically means Cena will win...it any case he will probably win but putting the title on the line makes it a 100% certain..which sucks. AS for it being a main event, of course it will be the main event, this match is as big as a match can get...a typical wrestlemania attraction...the Rock whether you like him or not, is an icon who is known beyond the ring and the fact that he takes on the biggest name in wwe current=main event. The buzz around this main event will be unique. Look at the buyrates of the last wrestlemania, it would be down right naive to think the Rock had nothing to do with it..he had a lot to do with the rise. Remove the Rock`s return and the trend of decrease in buy rates of previous Wrestlemanias would have continued..no doubt about it. Cena vs. Miz didn`t sell as a main event, Rock involvement and the rivalry with Cena sold the main event. You don`t like the Rock?Well sorry to break it you, most people want to see him a wrestlemania, again you are in the minority. You talk about the the 'heavy hitters" stepping away for the new talents, that`s great but not many of them can sell a wrestlemania, that is the sad truth of the WWE today...they need the heavy hitters. Out of your list, only CM Punk has that potential. That`s why it`s the Rock and Taker who will be the main selling point of wrestlemania next year, they have no choice. Not other matches on the card (unless Vince pulls something shocking) will attract people as these 2, with Rock vs.Cena being the obvious main event.

Again your concern is on the immediate pay off, not the bigger picture.

Barrett vs Taker could have been a WM caliber match, but the WWE failed in building Barrett up as a big threat to the Undertaker. He debut so strong with the rest of the Nexus by attacking Cena, but that was all thrown out the window, and he lost all the momentum they had started to put behind him we he was moved to Smackdown.

Sheamus vs Taker would be a better idea. Sheamus has had programs with Cena, Triple H, and Orton. Sheamus just needs a clean win over any of those three not matter what the match, and he can be taken as a real threat to the Undertaker.

Jericho could be involve in a program with a younger star as well, someone the likes of a Morrison, Rhodes, or Ziggler. Someone who's on their way up, and needs the boost and momentum from a program with one of the best to ever step foot in the ring.

The card needs to be a mix of established talents that are closer to retirement and the newer guys who are looking to step up and become bigger players.

I get that Vince and Company whats a million + buy rates, but you have to build up the foundation of your stars so in the future they can gain these buy rates without the help of older, washed up, garbage
(the Rock) wrestlers.

If these plans hold then WM28 has the potential of being one of the best WMs in a while. But first of all I don't agree with people saying that Taker should be giving someone a rub at WM because, let's be honest, Taker is on his way out ,and is injury prone, therefore you can't risk having someone like a Drew Mcintyre having to carry the match, you need a veteran for that. I also think it would be pretty crappy having all these fantastic matches that came before; Triple HHH, HBK and HBK again and then having such a decline in quality. It's just not worth the risk.

John Cena vs The Rock for the WWE title
I think that this is the worst idea of the lot. The concept of the match itself is fantastic as The Rock and Cena will put WM over that target 1M buys for a second year running but the introduction of the WWE title into the mix is farcical.

We know The Rock isn't coming back so why bother putting the WWE title on the match and removing any doubt that we may have that The Rock will actually win? We know the outcome of the match now which takes away the climax of the match. Furthermore, this means that Cena will most likely hold the title for the rest of the year which doesn't interest me whatsoever and it makes all of Cena's rivalries seem pointless now; unless of course someone trades the title with him for a few months.

I think it will be great to see as we have two proven veterans in there that will garner alot of interest because Jericho and Taker have managed to avoid each other over their careers, and I think it will be great to finally see it.

Triple H vs The Miz
Now this is where the rub of the card takes place, this is the spot where a veteran passes the torch. This has the potential to also be a great match as Triple H is still fit enough to go in the ring and he draws. They are both good at promos which plays into The Miz's hands well and while he is not great in the ring, he certainly can be carried.

The match itself I can see turning out like Punk and Orton at WM27, great match and technically sound, but for this match, I can see the build up turning out to be garbage and there will be very little interest in the feud itself. On a side note though I think it would be eclipsed by the three matches above, in terms of build-up, anyway.

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio
Great spotfest as everyone expects and will most likely be Rey's last WM. I just hope they don't make it into a mask vs mask or career vs mask match, it's just not needed.

Big Show vs Shaq
Sure why not? They always have one of these sort of matches which is purely for that celebrity appeal and nothing more. No problem with this.

Kharma vs Diva's champion
I can see Kharma returning before Mania and then winning the title in her first match for a feel good moment against the Bella's, although they may lose the titles before this and gain them back.

As for everyone else not on the card yet, and the people whining about it, what do you expect? For a start they are not going to pick something for everyone this early on in the year. Secondly they don't even know if people like Punk are going to be here come WM. I think this is enough for now and I would be surprised if they even had this much set up yet.

I really like the early look of the WM 28 card so far. Opinions on it are:

I really would rather see Rock vs Cena not for the title and opposed to for the title. I just don't buy the Rock staying long term after WM so this either means Cena will go over or the Rock will win and lose the title soon afterwards.

Does this mean Orton and Del Rio will be for the World Heavyweight Championship. Could be a show stealer.

Mysterio vs Sin Cara smart choice to wait for Wrestlemania. Let's hope injuries don't change the plans for this match. I was still upset back years ago when Ultimo Dragon vs Rey Mysterio match never happened.

Jericho vs Taker kinda thought might happen. I do not believe this will be Takers last WM and think from here on out he'll be just used at WM as an attraction and reason to order it. Besides he still need to see Cena job to Taker at WM.

HHH vs Miz is good for the Miz. Not that beating Cena at WM isn't the second greatest accomplishment is wrestling today. Wouldn't mind Miz vs Taker, but we've already seen Jericho and HHH at WM.

The CM factor. Obviously these plans are drawn up because the company is unsure if Punk will resign with WWE. If he does the entire landscape of the card could change.

In short, WM 28 is looking better than this past WM. Looks like Vince wants to make it 2 years in a row with over 1 million buys at WM

Personally I would hate it.............. 50% of these guys aren't even wrestling at the moment........... You expect me to pay 70 dollars for these wrestlers that I followed 5 to 10 years ago........ give me a break!

Where is Cody Rhodes, Christian, Shameus, CM Punk, Kane, Alex Riley, R-Truth, Ziggler, Danial Bryan, Wade Barrett, Big Zeke, Mason Ryan ..........

Yea the card might be good and entertaining for 1 night then what these guys disappear again until next years Wrestlemania..... Blow me Vince!

I am supposed to follow the guys that are on Smackdown and Raw until right after the Royal Rumble then they don't even make the card..........

Make up your mind Vince do you want to shift to new, young, and exciting wrestlers or do you want to focus on old, seen that before wrestlers?

Me for one I prefer young and exciting!

I feel like a psychic.

I've been calling Taker vs Jericho since before this year's Mania, I'm glad about this.

I think Big Show vs Shaq if it happens can only happen at Mania also, Mania IS wrestling meets celebrity.

I'm kind of disappointed that Del Rio seems to still be no where near reaching his first title reign, unless of course he will be going back to Smackdown as the .vs Orton suggests.

Early signs are promising.. After this year, I have no intentions of buying it though.

Cena/Rock... eh. Obviously there will be excitement from good promos, build-up time, etc. In-ring? We could always just hope to be pleasantly surprised. These guys definitely have the work ethic to make this happen big time.

Jericho/Undertaker- Awesome. Jericho has the skills to get an excellent match out of Undertaker, and 'Taker always brings it when he shows up. I would love to see some old school style to this... like bring back Paul Bearer... have the Funeral Parlor segements... the whole nine. The more everyone says 'Taker will never lose the streak, the more I think it will happen. There are no absolutes in WWE. Jericho has shown time and again that he can come back from his life outside of wrestling and make people care, easily becoming a top face or heel every time he shows up. This is much more exciting to me than the HBK or HHH matches of the last couple of years (not to take anything away from those guys/matches... just an opinion and thoughts of this matches potential). Hope this happens.

I don't really care about these other matches. Maybe they should just have Shaq sing America the Beautiful and then Big Show can come out and chokeslam him into ADR's Rolls Royce or something...

Again your concern is on the immediate pay off, not the bigger picture.

Barrett vs Taker could have been a WM caliber match, but the WWE failed in building Barrett up as a big threat to the Undertaker. He debut so strong with the rest of the Nexus by attacking Cena, but that was all thrown out the window, and he lost all the momentum they had started to put behind him we he was moved to Smackdown.

Sheamus vs Taker would be a better idea. Sheamus has had programs with Cena, Triple H, and Orton. Sheamus just needs a clean win over any of those three not matter what the match, and he can be taken as a real threat to the Undertaker.

Jericho could be involve in a program with a younger star as well, someone the likes of a Morrison, Rhodes, or Ziggler. Someone who's on their way up, and needs the boost and momentum from a program with one of the best to ever step foot in the ring.

The card needs to be a mix of established talents that are closer to retirement and the newer guys who are looking to step up and become bigger players.

I get that Vince and Company whats a million + buy rates, but you have to build up the foundation of your stars so in the future they can gain these buy rates without the help of older, washed up, garbage
(the Rock) wrestlers.
again you completely ignore the fact that by giving matches like the Rock vs. Cena and Taker vs. Jericho, wwe is giving the fans what they want and bottom line, this is what matters. WM is no place to push new talents,at least not the way you see it..it is just bigger than that. Build Barret or Sheamus as a threat as much as you want, it will never, ever be a bigger attraction than a Taker vs. Jericho match....this is just because of a simple fact: Jericho is better than them. Taker vs. any of these you in any other ppvs? I`m in.Taker vs. Barret was never a wrestlemania caliber match, not even close to what Taker vs. HHH is, that`s why they dropped it, most people didn`t care. Forget about a youngster having a rub at Taker, won`t happen for the simple fact that people don`t want to see that ahead of a potential Taker vs. Jericho. And your critic about this match doesn`t stand, they NEVER had a feud...look at this thread itself, most people want to see that. Building the foundation cannot be made at the expense of a better product. WWE shouldnt have this match just to let a youngster ready to step up have a chance at Taker?? Really? That would be really dumb from wwe. I get your point, it is just not realistic, never will. Stuff like Taker should help push this or that guy at mania or Rock shouldn`t be allowed to be back etc are nothing else that unrealistic (most importantly part of the minority) perspective.....just never going to happen and that`s again because WWE has no other choice. You can`t assess a wrestlemania card by ignoring the selling factor, just not how this business works...was a reality 15 years ago, still is a reality today, will still be a reality in 10 years and wrestlemania is the very definition of this reality.

Rock vs. Cena-All of the people that say that that this match is pointless are dumbasses. Everyone was praying for the Rock to come back and everyone wanted to see the Dream Match of Rock and Cena but now that its actually happening you guys complain, because the IWC always has to have something to bitch about. I am personally extremely looking forward to this match.

Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio- This is great because this is also a dream match. The two best known masked wrestlers facing off, i don't know how the fued would work because Sin Cara wouldn't really be able to talk.

Del Rio vs. Orton- This is a good match and I can see Del Rio going in as champion and Orton being the rumble winner, but I feel like it will not be that big of a draw but idk.

Miz vs. Triple H- this could be an awesome fued (no pun intended) both great mic workers and it would have a great build up. Miz's case could be that Triple H was one of his doubters when first came to the WWE.

Shaq vs. Big Show- All Wrestlemanias have matches like this it can't be as bad as Snooki Mania, so I wouldn't mind it.

Jericho vs. Taker- This would be great! I've always wanted Jericho to get a chance at the streak. I always felt he deserved but never got a chance. This match could steal the show.

Over all I think these would be some good matches and I would definetely order it.(I would order it anyways because I order Wrestlemania every year no matter what)

Undertaker vs Jericho sounds like a great idea since the two havent really faced off recently. I would love to see the storyline leading up to this match. Jericho is such a good storyteller and has much more to gain from beating Undertaker than Triple H which would make the rivalry a bit more realistic.

I dont really understand the concept behind Triple H and The Miz. Miz hasnt really reached a point where he could be a credible threat to Triple H and I dont think one more year is going to change that. It would be great if they somehow carried the Riley/Miz feud to Mania, having Riley win the US title and have a student vs mentor type of rivalry for the championship.

The Shaq thing sound entertaining and I would much rather see a tripple threat between Sin Cara, Del Rio, and Rey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back