Does Everyone Want To Be A Champion/Main Eventer?

I would imagine a wrestler, working in the indie promotions would aspire to be the top champion of that particular promotion, but once called up to the WWE its a completely different lifestyle. The midcard wrestlers have to travel far enough without appearing on talkshows, or posing for magazines or getting memorabilia created for them. I'm sure for the main event guys like John Cena or The Rock, even people like Rey Mysterio who is a recognisable face probably has a difficult work schedule due to most people being able to recognise his face, even if they're not a fan of the WWE or wrestling as a whole. For me its not only guys who are in the main event, its the Kane's, the Rey Mysterio's who have a recognisable face (Or Mask) who are going to have the most difficult time with life in the WWE. The reason being they are recognised outside of wrestling.

Trent Barreta once said "I am not here to be WWE champion.I am here because I love wrestling...."
On the other hand The Rock once said in one of his DVDs "If you are not here to win the WWE Championship,you should'nt be here".
This can't be said that some superstars are not given opportunity because there is Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank that can be said if they are not even given opportunities in those matches.

I think everyone WANTS to be a main-eventer, just does what they are told. Tyson Kidd, great worker, not a main eventer. I bet that he'd love to have a World Championship around his waist. Same thing for Kofi Kingston, he's never gotten a main event push, and he does so much work for the company. These guys don't come to the WWE to be comedic relief, or to be a career mid-carder or tag team partner. They want a World Title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back