Do you think WWE will hire Umaga again?

Luten

Occasional Pre-Show
Just watched Extreme Rules again from earlier in the year. Umaga had a Samoan Strap match with CM Punk and it made me realise how great a worker Umaga was. He was also starting to get revamped and even started to speak. I believe his last match with WWE was against John Morrison on a Smackdown which I remember as being a solid match..

So, much like Chris Masters, do you think WWE will make the right move and we will see Umaga again? Hopefully sooner rather than later

I seriously hope so - your right. Umaga put on some more than decent matches with basically anyone who was in the ring with him. I was hoping his feud with Triple H would of gotten him over big - but I guess not? ha

It was REALLY sudden when they released Umaga - and I thought it was unfair. On account that alot of people mess up with the wellness policy - and usually just get suspended. He was straight out fired, awkward or what.

Umaga is a very good worker, but I am under the impression that he was addicted to something, which is very different from Masters' steroid abuse. Masters stopped taking roids and came back, it won't be as simple for Umaga.

I think basically, he will have to prove he is completely clean, which may be difficult for him, especially as he has already been fired once. Ok, those points are unrelated, but I think he will probably prove to be too much of a risk to hire again. This is one guy that could improve TNA though, but only if he is clean.

Bringing Masters back was a good idea? MKay...But yeah I would be all for bringing back Umanga :) He was always a great underrated worker, I think he should of been WWE Champion at 1 point actually. I dont know about any drug addictions but that's unfortunate if that's the case. Hopefully we can see him back by sometime next year though.

Yes, I think WWE will hire Umaga again. I think most people would agree that he was a solid in ring worker and an athletic big man who was capable of pulling off some good matches. If, he has an addiction as some have said they believe he might, then assuming he conquers it I fully expect to see him return to WWE. WWE has a history of firing people only to re-hire them months or even years later and I would expect Umaga to be no different (assuming he cleans up of course). Umaga was a great monster heel in my opinion and would benefit whatever brand he is on by carrying out that role, I think he was more effective with a mouth piece but then again just before his firing they were allowing him some mic time so maybe he would have proved me wrong.

I can't say that WWE definitely wouldn't rehire Umaga one day, but I'm just not sure if I would want to see that. Umaga could have done so much on Smackdown, but because of drugs and injuries, we didn't get a chance to see that. Umaga is not the only person who has taken drugs and didn't want to go to rehab. So why he was fired faster over pretty much everyone else stumps me. Like it's been said, Umaga is a very good wrestler and can have a good match with nearly everybody. If he returned, he would probably be treated the same as Chris Masters, and that would be a waste of two great wrestlers. We all would have liked to see Umaga go against The Undertaker one day. Am I right?

I would like to think that they will.

I am probably in the minority here, but I would love to see Umaga return, and bring Rosey back with him, (maybe with Manu?) as a re-packaged 3 Minute Warning or Samoan Legacy or New Wild Samoans.

I don't have the authorities to really answer the question, but for sure Umaga will be a huge asset to any company he works for. I can easily see him occupying Kane's "jobber to the stars who can still be bought as a legit threat" role as he has that whole "crazy monster" gimmick going on and has feuded with enough big names (Cena, HHH etc) to carry some credibility, and he's capable of putting on good matches, and like Kane can fill in all over the card. One of my "dream" scenarios is Samoa Joe gets signed by the WWE and him and Umaga form a tag team that dominates for a long time - but that's besides the point.

I would hope that WWE would bring back Umaga, because like others have already pointed out, he was a good worker that was able to put on good matches with most other wrestlers. I think that with Khali out for a long time, Show involved in tag teams, and Knox going nowhere that they could use a dominant monster type heel that would be able to put over the upper midcarders and Umaga would fit perfectly.

Umaga should have been WWE Champ by now. And he had a tremendous run being undefeated for all of 2006. He was the best secondary heel WWE has had in a long time and was totally underrated by the IWC. Now that he is gone people are missing him. Go Fig.

I'm with Tasty on this one. Masters was rather obviously fired for steroids. He proved himself clean, and WWE hired him back. Umaga was suspended for steroids (I think) once, sure. However, I have the impression he was fired for being addicted to something that he refused rehab for. Be it a article I read on here or not, I have that really strong gut feeling. Could be completely wrong.

Umaga's rehiring is going to hinge on him proving he's completely clean. And, considering he was fired over his addiction, that's going to be hard to do. He wasn't hella over and didn't put in ten years for the Tag Division like Hardy did. The WWE doesn't really have any reason to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Umaga was a good worker, I'll give him that. I loved his match with John Cena over the title a year or so ago. He was really a sight to see. However, I can't see him being rehired unless he proves himself totally clean. ..And, I'm quite afraid to say, that may never happen.

I used to love Umaga, much because he looks much like a Samoan version of me and my younger brother (same height and weight, just slightly bigger arms *lol*) and it made us both laugh our asses off. But he was decent in the ring and with Estrada (who was one of my favorite managers ever) as his mouthpiece I felt he really had what it took to be that upper mid card guy. Always a threat and maybe a transitional championship for him here and there when Triple H doesn't wanna job.

Do I think WWE will rehire Umaga again? I guess there’s a possibility that they’ll rehire him if he stays clean and off any drugs. I actually liked Umaga and thought he was a pretty good worker for his size, but if he cannot stay clean then it wouldn’t be a good thing if he came back and got a third strike because that would mean immediate termination and from my understand wouldn’t be allowed back on the roster ever again or at least until they change or alter the policy.

So if Umaga is clean then I could see them rehiring him. But even if Umaga proves that he is clean I think that the WWE would still be taking a risk if they rehire because he could easily relapse and start using whatever drugs he was using when he was suspended the second time. Getting rid/over an addiction (if he did have one) is not an easy thing to do so they would be taking a risk (something they aren’t afraid to do) if they rehire him but I think it's possible they will rehire him sometimes in the future.

Umaga was an amazing talent for what he was good at. He was a big scary monster of a man to go against in the ring. He worked well in the feuds he was involved in for what he was needed to do. Go to the ring, destroy shit, and make it look believable.

You can knock him for being Rosey from 3 minute warning till your blue in the face, but watch his match vs John Cena at Royal Rumble from 2007 ( I think thats the right match) and see how great of a show they put on.

His match vs Triple H for the WHC was also another prime example of what he could do.

I think he was let go far to quickly in comparison to other people, who just got suspended again for violating the wellness program (COUGH REY REY COUGH)

Vince has a nack for firing the wrong talent, I could name a whole list of wrestlers that could be fired before a monster like Umaga. Hell, people know that he wasnt the only one addicted to something. Although i'm curious to Know what! Usually people lose weight when their addicted to stuff, not gain weight. Umaga was a very talented underrated athlete who could push any wrestler he went up against. I dont know of any other 350-380lb athlete who posessed that ability, incredible. I always loved watching him. He also had a awesome move set, and a fun gimmick. He should have had at least 2 title reigns by now, khali got the belt before him. He could easily have a long monster heel title reign. Travesty. Vince will be calling him trust me.

Also, what makes people think steriod users dont relapse? U cant just use steriods once and stop. So give him the benefit of the doubt. Umaga will get a call. He's better than half the wrestlers there and ironically weighs more. Watch his matches.

He was a good talent who had a problem it seems. Time heals all wounds and I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility to see him in a WWE ring in the future. I always liked him and thought he was quite the big man, so I hope that he can get his shit together and find a way to get back in the company.

There's always a chance WWE will rehire someone. The OP stated Masters already, and Jeff Hardy is another prime example. As long as Umaga can stay "clean" and not spiral downward any more, than sure, he'll get another shot. I just don't think it'll be now. The fact he hasn't signed with TNA yet is a big shock to me, and there hasn't been any news of it lately either.

He certainly was a good worker, and would be worth bringing back to hang around the mid-card scene, much as he did before, just to be filler. Instead of putting Shelton into random matches, they can slide Umaga in.

So, much like Chris Masters, do you think WWE will make the right move and we will see Umaga again? Hopefully sooner rather than later

one the one hand, they just HAVE to bring him back, considering they brought back one of the worst wrestlers on the wwe roster, chris masters.

on the other hand of course, as i already read in this thread, wwe likes to fire the wrong guys (like umaga, kennedy) and i've read about that addiction too. still, this doesn't have to be true.

anyway, i liked umaga a lot, and imho he should return. he had mostly great matches, i enjoyed the umaga - batista match at wrestlemania24 for example.

I'd like to see Umaga come back. He's a great worker and a hell of a talent. He was also beginning to speak english toward the end, so I could've seen a major title run coming his way in due time, but he has to work on his drug issues and hopefully will come back. Chuck Polumbo came back (even though he's gone) Brian Kendrick came back and Shannon Moore came back (although they are gone too) and Chris Masters came back, so the door always seems to be open if you leave on good terms at some point. He may go to TNA, and that may really hurt his WWE chances, but wherever he goes, that company will be lucky to have a good talent.

I was never really an Umaga fan, I always thought the only reason he was pushed to the moon was because he's Dwayne Johnson's cousin or something, that and Vince McMahon's love of big wrestlers.

And as far as big name Samoan wrestlers go, to be honest I prefer Samoa Joe, who Umaga would go straight into either feuding or teaming with if he went the TNA route, probably feuding, seeing as he's not Main Event Mafia material IMO.

I'm sure Umaga will be back soon. He is currently signed to wrestle on HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN'S "Let the Battle Begin" tour of Australia which is getting a lot of press. After all of that coverage I'm sure Vince will consider signing him again. Or maybe TNA.

I'd say since Umaga is currently booked for the Hogan Tour of Australia any plans for the near future are unlikely.

Personally i liked him other than the fact he didn't talk as such, but they finally let him speak and then they axe him LOL

as for Samoa Joe being a big name, thay may "have" been the case but he hasn't done anything noteworthy in ages

Dude was a good big man. He played that 'monster' role perfectly. Made you almost believe the crazy bastard was from the Isle of Samoa. I think he was a tremendous worker in the ring, he had that mix of skill, agility, and strength that made everything great. I'd love to see Umaga in a WWE ring again. Unfortunately as someone already posted, it seemed like he was addicted to something, and addictions are hard to kick. We'll see, it'd be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back