• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dixie Carter on WWE 24. Hell has just frozen over.

Navi

With the safety off!!
Next week the WWE is airing a special on Kurt Angle after RAW called WWE 24. I'm assuming it will be like all their other WWE 24 specials, but this one has a twist. Former TNA president and owner Dixie Carter has been invited to be interviewed about Kurt and I guess his time in TNA.

This marks a turning of the corner for Vince and the WWE, who in the past won't refer to TNA at all, preferring to pretend they don't exist. I have a grudging respect for Vince right now as Angle spent a lot of his career in TNA after leaving the WWE. It would look rather silly to have a documentary about him with a gaping black hole in the middle of it.

So kudo's to the WWE for finally realizing that there are other wrestling companies out there and finally acknowledging them publicly. This marks the first, but I bet not the only time Carter will appear considering they have Samoa Joe, Styles and the Hardy's back. I don't usually watch these shows, but will tune into this one.

It's because TNA doesn't exist anymore so now it's safe to acknowledge there was once a wrestling company by that name. Crafty Vince. Who knows, he probably has his people going after the TNA library now for the Network.

That moment you realize that TNA truly is dead.

Eh, never really care that much for them anyway; so doesn't really effect me.

I dont think this is a sign times are changing. See, everyone hated Dixie, so Vince probably doesn't have an issue bringing in someone who was part of his competition that was universally disliked. It's also well know that Dixie had no real idea how to run a wrestling company, so Vince is probably having her on as a bit of a joke. And yes, Kurt made his name in WWE, but he actually spent more time in TNA than he did with WWE, so unlike a guy like Sting who just decided to hibernate from the time WCW closed shop to the time he showed up in WWE, they do have a bit of reason to mention him there.

Also, if you want to be a cynic, they are probably bringing her in to paint her in an awful light. See WWE likes to push certain narrative about themselves. That narritive includes, among other things, that they care about their wrestlers. Even though it was mostly DDP who helped rehabilitate Scott Hall and Jake Roberts, that didn't stop WWE from trying to say they helped. It's well known that when Kurt left WWE, his body was 75% painkillers and his blood alcohol content was 80 proof. I would not at all be surprised if they try to spin it so that it looks like WWE let him go so he could get help, only to have Dixie swoop in and push him even further down the hole of substance abuse, until WWE magically came to save the day by offering him a legends deal.

Oh dude please STFU ! There's no way in hell would Dixie agree to go on a WWE special to be bashed. Why are people so stupid !

Oh dude please STFU ! There's no way in hell would Dixie agree to go on a WWE special to be bashed. Why are people so stupid !

Easy buddy. Don't let the salt rush through your veins like that, bad for your health.

I'm pretty sure they're not going to bring Dixie in just to bash her, they're bringing her in because she was an important part of Kurt's career. He did spend a lot of time in TNA and she was there for it, so it makes sense that she'd be brought in to do this interview.

I don't think this is a big deal at all. AT ALL. Certainly not hell freezing over. If anything, I suppose that would have been used when Bischoff appeared in the WWF.

Here's why it's not a big deal.
1. TNA in that incarnation, doesn't exist anymore.
2. TNA was rarely, if ever, any real competition for WWE.
3. WWE already has just about everyone of value from TNA.
4. Kurt and Dixie have a good relationship (presumably).
5. It's recorded and WWE has final edit (probably).
6. ROH, NJPW, PWG and others are probably more of competition to WWE right now than TNA is.
7. It seems unlikely that she would return to TNA at this point.

We don't live in a secret secluded world. Fans who want more wrestling will find it. Those who aren't interested aren't going to hear a line on TV and look into another company, and then even more rare, completely switch interested to that company.

Also, I'd venture to guess that Dixie isn't doing it for the money. I think she just want to be part of wrestling and seen as an important part of wrestling. Appearing in WWE validates her to an extent.

It would be interesting to see if panda has anytjinbg to say about this if they do have a minor share still in TNA/gfw

Besides much like the Jarrett's and angles, and even aj styles, by the time dixie was an on screen character, she was nothing more than a cartoon character

Some funny/stupid comments on this thread. Dixie Carter isnt involved with Impact/Global, and Angle has been gone from that mess 18 months or so. Dixie can give great insight into Angle's post WWE career 2006-2015 as she brought him in and was a friend to him, not just a boss. Carter may be a rubbish wrestling person, but shes a successful businesswoman and from all reports, a kind, decent human being. As she hates the Jarretts as much as Vince, my enemies enemy is my friend analogy may apply here. Hell Shane Douglas has popped up on WWE DVDS in the past. ditto Vince Russo. Dixie being on a special about Angle would have been an Kurt's request, as to do the real story, there is no reason it cannot be told now.

It's because TNA doesn't exist anymore so now it's safe to acknowledge there was once a wrestling company by that name. Crafty Vince. Who knows, he probably has his people going after the TNA library now for the Network.

THIS...................I was just about the post the same. TNA/Impact has gone and the back catalogue is extremely precious to WWE. Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and the NXT Champion are all maybe players in WWE now and they have thousands of hours in the archives at TNA. Maybe Dixie was smart and held onto the archives???

Ive just said in another thread it would be great to see Dixie put the band back together - Styles, Joe, Roode etc.

Dixie fronting a stable of guys Vince/WWE didnt want, so they found a home in TNA where they honed their craft. That would mean WWE would have to admit in storyline mode at least that they passed on Styles, Joe, Roode, Aries, and that Booker, Angle, Nash, Christian etc all left and played their for an easy payday

Dixie fronting a stable of guys Vince/WWE didnt want, so they found a home in TNA where they honed their craft. That would mean WWE would have to admit in storyline mode at least that they passed on Styles, Joe, Roode, Aries, and that Booker, Angle, Nash, Christian etc all left and played their for an easy payday

As of this week, its highly doubtful they would mention Aries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back