Dixie Calls Out Tommy Dreamer on Twitter, Invites Him to IMPACT

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
For those who aren't aware, a few weeks back Bully Ray was pulled last minute from a House of Hardcore show where TNA was said to not have wanted him at the event. Following the news, Dreamer apparently cut a scathing promo to a very anti-TNA crowd ripping Carter to shreds, playing into a lot of internet rhetoric about how she's incompetent and the like. It was speculated then that it might be the start of a work, and we can probably confirm that speculation now that she's officially addressed it in character on Twitter:

tweet_circle.png
@TNADixie: In my twelve years of being President of TNA, I've had everyone tell me how I should handle my business. "Experts," keyboard jockeys, etc.

tweet_circle.png
@TNADixie: After the success of #Slammiversary, I want to address @TheTommyDreamer. You ran your mouth to your "horde of hardcore" fans and on twitter

tweet_circle.png
@TNADixie: I'm inviting @THETOMMYDREAMER and his "horde of hardcores" to come to Bethlehem, PA for #ImpactLIVE this Thursday! http://t.co/nL8WWQNqMv

tweet_circle.png
@TNADixie: . @THETOMMYDREAMER I will hand you a live microphone and dare you to say those things to my face.
Thursday 9/8c on @SpikeTV!​

Suffice it to say, it looks like we've got yet another "war" coming to TNA. As if Carter wasn't busy enough battling with MVP over control of her company?

ECW went out of business fourteen years ago. Why are we still bringing out its stalwarts to put them on national TV? And for those of you that say this is House of Hardcore and not ECW, I really don't know what to tell you.

This is one of the things that keeps TNA where it is and makes people laugh at it. Yeah, they can co-promote with companies like House of Hardcore, but they shouldn't for one simple reason: House of Hardcore isn't on their level and never will be. TNA should look at this as an embarrassment for themselves and stop wasting time trying to cater to that tiny audience that still misses ECW and wants nostalgia. Build for the future instead of trying to capture that old feeling one more time.

I can no longer tell when or if Dixie is in character, and I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I don't think it is.

I knew this reeked of "stupid" when Tommy Dreamer tried to make Bully Ray's no-show look like TNA did it intentionally. It was a contractual obligation to Spike so it was absolutely stupid of Tommy Dreamer's part to claim Dixie Carter was at fault. And low and behold, here's the real reason. In a way, it makes sense. They want to bolster attention from the NY market and the recent HoH incident in question was close by. I think. But still, why Dreamer?

I knew this reeked of "stupid" when Tommy Dreamer tried to make Bully Ray's no-show look like TNA did it intentionally. It was a contractual obligation to Spike so it was absolutely stupid of Tommy Dreamer's part to claim Dixie Carter was at fault. And low and behold, here's the real reason. In a way, it makes sense. They want to bolster attention from the NY market and the recent HoH incident in question was close by. I think. But still, why Dreamer?

Because the ECW faithful won't shut up and die off already and Dixie thinks that because Dreamer was a fan favorite fifteen years ago people will care now. This is the same woman that brought in people like Val Venis for the big show on 1/4/2010, so would Tommy Dreamer, the people's champion of a glorified underground promotion that died when I was thirteen years old, really surprise you?

I tend to agree with all of you — this didn't work the first time around with EV 2.0, which fans were begging to end, and it's not gonna work when EV 3.0 comes around.

Not to mention the fact that they Carter, the character, is already embroiled in a feud with MVP regarding control of the company. This is bordering on esotericism.

Because the ECW faithful won't shut up and die off already and Dixie thinks that because Dreamer was a fan favorite fifteen years ago people will care now. This is the same woman that brought in people like Val Venis for the big show on 1/4/2010, so would Tommy Dreamer, the people's champion of a glorified underground promotion that died when I was thirteen years old, really surprise you?

Man, your hatred for ECW is at an unhealthy level. :lol: I haven't seen anything yet to imply that this has anything to do with ECW. Relax.

You know Dreamer doesn't -have- to feud with Dixie and this could be a rub to get his promotion on tv etc.

Basically what WWE did with ECW back in 97 and to a lesser extent ROH recently by getting their company some exposure on a larger scale.

I loved ECW but realize it had to die when it did. The post 9/11, pc world of today would have done it no favors even if TV seems more violent today.

Man, your hatred for ECW is at an unhealthy level. :lol: I haven't seen anything yet to imply that this has anything to do with ECW. Relax.

Tommy Dreamer
The name House of Hardcore
A hardcore promotion based in the northeast

That enough for you? This is the same company that tried to get fans to chant EV2 so it would sound like E C DUB and had an ECW reunion show without being able to say ECW. If that doesn't prove TNA wants to have something to do with ECW's legacy, I have no idea what does.

I actually really like what Dreamer is trying to do with House of Hardcore. It's not strictly a failed-cash-grab-circle-jerk-nostalgia-tour like Shane Douglas was running with Extreme Rising. Dreamer has built House of Hardcore into a top Northeastern indy that, while it books plenty of old ECW acts, most can still work and it also books some of the best talent on the indy circuit, of whom many of which don't possess exclusive contracts. Guys like London and Kendrick, The Young Bucks, Bad Influence, AJ Styles, Kevin Steen, John Morrison, Drew Gulak, and Chris Hero have worked HOH shows. MVP was working the shows before joining TNA; DOC Gallows was working the shows before joining NJPW; Sami Callihan was working the shows before becoming Solomon Crowe; former X-Division guys like Tony Nese, Sonjay Dutt, and Petey Williams work for HOH; and I could go on with more former WWE midcarders and assorted recognizable indy talent. None of these wrestlers ever took part in the original ECW.

You know who else has worked HOH shows? A recent TNA signee- Matt Hardy. Like Matt, a lot of the wrestlers that I mentioned are fair game for TNA if they want to bolster their roster. It may be too late to get someone like Kevin Steen, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't go after a Chris Hero or bring in a tag team like London and a returning Kendrick who could tear the house down with The Wolves. Bringing in Petey and/or Sonjay for more TNA appearances seems like a no-brainer, and bringing back Nese would be huge(they were stupid to ever let him walk). If these types of names were brought in to be "Dreamer Guys", that could be something big for TNA that would go over nicely in NY and could lead to them establishing more regular residency in the Northeast.

Also Dreamer has a great mind for the business, it's been reported that he has been doing backstage work with TNA, and that can only be a good thing. I'm not sure if this is the precursor to a large scale angle or not, but I'm open to see where it goes. I'm not necessarily thrilled by the prospect of Dreamer with a prominent on-screen role, but he's better than Dixie and at least as good as MVP. And what he can add behind the camera is invaluable. Also if he can help grease the wheels for talent to start working dates or signing contracts with TNA that too is obviously a huge plus.

TNA had a really good showing with Slammiversary, despite having to scramble with the main event. They need to take that and jump start themselves throughout these Northeast tapings and build some momentum and start to dial in a clear idea of their transitioning identity. If working with Dreamer, who has been running what basically amount to Indy supershows every few months in that part of the country, helps TNA to go over stronger during this cycle of PA and NY tapings then I'm all for it.

Dixie Carter is a bigger attention ****e then the WWE all by herself. And if Dixie is serious about calling out Tommy Dreamer on Impact. Then none of those lines should be scripted. It should more EXTREME than the old ECW TV show was in the 90's. Will words get bleeped? Most likely. But if this is indeed a shoot or a work to something better then it has to be done right! I guess if Impact Wrestling/TNA wants to go out with a bang, this is how you do it.

I'll never understand why TNA insists on these nods to ECW. I've never seen the appeal of Tommy Dreamer outside of ECW diehards, and I'm pretty sure I'll never see House of Hardcore event. If Dreamer is finding success, then more power to him. But an irrelevant feud with Dixie doesn't interest me whatsoever.

ECW went out of business fourteen years ago. Why are we still bringing out its stalwarts to put them on national TV? And for those of you that say this is House of Hardcore and not ECW, I really don't know what to tell you.

This is one of the things that keeps TNA where it is and makes people laugh at it. Yeah, they can co-promote with companies like House of Hardcore, but they shouldn't for one simple reason: House of Hardcore isn't on their level and never will be. TNA should look at this as an embarrassment for themselves and stop wasting time trying to cater to that tiny audience that still misses ECW and wants nostalgia. Build for the future instead of trying to capture that old feeling one more time.

It was in Bethlehem, PA. ECW used to run through there all the time. I just watched the episode and he recieved a huge ovation.

So, yea, that's why.

It was in Bethlehem, PA. ECW used to run through there all the time. I just watched the episode and he recieved a huge ovation.

So, yea, that's why.

That's all well and good, but is it something that's going to drive a rating? I mean, I hope people aren't gullible enough to believe that it was going to be some kind of legit shoot? It was what it was, but they've gone back to the ecw well so many times at this point already...

That's all well and good, but is it something that's going to drive a rating? I mean, I hope people aren't gullible enough to believe that it was going to be some kind of legit shoot? It was what it was, but they've gone back to the ecw well so many times at this point already...
Well, they had built it up on Twitter and obviously enough people noticed it enough to believe it wasn't a work, so why not capitalize on that and see if the Twitter fans will tune in and watch? Considering that TNA had a 33% viewer increase this week, who's to say that the segment between Dixie and Tommy didn't have anything to do with it? So yeah, it may have been a ratings popper. I guess until we see a detailed ratings breakdown we won't know. As for why they keep going back, it's because ECW and Hardvore wrestling still has a strong fanbase. it may not be as strong as it once was, but it's still there and some of us still like to see some of the older wrestlers. No different than someone marking out for Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair. We likes what we likes. It was actually a pretty well done segment though actually.

Living off ECW's fame in 2014 is what it is; it's sad, but TNA is desperate. They don't have very much to go off, they have about as little interest as you can possibly have from fans, and the product is flailing. If you're going to bring in ECW because you're desperate for some sort of publicity, fine. That's the least of my concerns.

That said, if you feel that Dixie/Tommy Dreamer segment was good, you're a fucking moron. That promo buried this angle, buried the company, and buried everyone involve. In fact, let's count the things/people buried:

Tommy Dreamer buried:

• Dixie Carter, who is now a vain owner who let's Impact stand as her personal vanity show.
  • Impact Wrestling, which in fact sucks now, because Dixie Carter has turned it into her vanity project.
  • The company itself, for presenting itself as Dixie's vanity project.
  • The writers and agents who put this show together (which, and thank God they didn't mention this, but Tommy Dreamer is one of those fucking agents

Meanwhile, Dixie buried:

• House of Hardcore, who in theory will be involved with this angle.
  • The fans, for accepting this utterly inexcusable tripe to block their Thursdays, every two hours.

Everyone got buried in this fucking promo. Every. One.

Listen... It's one thing to criticize elements of your product. It's another, to take an atomic bomb, and drop it on the whole damn thing, in front of a national audience.

That's just what TNA did. They buried themselves six feet fucking under with this promo. If you're going to have the ECW guys come in, and have a reunion, fine. The wrestling world loves nostalgia... It's practically what Vince is banking on for the WWE network (along with PPV's for 9.99 a month). But when you bury the product so fucking deep in the ground to bring in ECW, you're making a massive mistake.

Living off ECW's fame in 2014 is what it is; it's sad, but TNA is desperate. They don't have very much to go off, they have about as little interest as you can possibly have from fans, and the product is flailing. If you're going to bring in ECW because you're desperate for some sort of publicity, fine. That's the least of my concerns.

That said, if you feel that Dixie/Tommy Dreamer segment was good, you're a fucking moron. That promo buried this angle, buried the company, and buried everyone involve. In fact, let's count the things/people buried:

Tommy Dreamer buried:

• Dixie Carter, who is now a vain owner who let's Impact stand as her personal vanity show.
  • Impact Wrestling, which in fact sucks now, because Dixie Carter has turned it into her vanity project.
  • The company itself, for presenting itself as Dixie's vanity project.
  • The writers and agents who put this show together (which, and thank God they didn't mention this, but Tommy Dreamer is one of those fucking agents

Meanwhile, Dixie buried:

• House of Hardcore, who in theory will be involved with this angle.
  • The fans, for accepting this utterly inexcusable tripe to block their Thursdays, every two hours.

Everyone got buried in this fucking promo. Every. One.

Listen... It's one thing to criticize elements of your product. It's another, to take an atomic bomb, and drop it on the whole damn thing, in front of a national audience.

That's just what TNA did. They buried themselves six feet fucking under with this promo. If you're going to have the ECW guys come in, and have a reunion, fine. The wrestling world loves nostalgia... It's practically what Vince is banking on for the WWE network (along with PPV's for 9.99 a month). But when you bury the product so fucking deep in the ground to bring in ECW, you're making a massive mistake.

Okay, like there has never been a "Shoot" style thing done before? Need I remind you of the CM Punk Shoot that buried everything in the company on a nationally broadcast audience? So I guess that everyone who liked the "Pipebomb" shoot is a "Fucking Moron" because CM Punk dropped an atomic bomb on the WWE as a whole, called Triple H and Stephanie McMahon idiots and said that Vince had no clue what he was doing and talked about how horrible WWE was as a company? So CM Punk and WWE can do it a few years back and it's cool as all Hell. TNA does something close to it with Dixie Carter and Tommy Dreamer, and they suck and everyone who likes it is a "Fucking Moron"? Nice to see that biase is alive and well around here. At this point, I guess it doesn't matter what TNA does with some of you people because no matter how great it is, you will always find a reason to tear it apart. Nice to know that WWE and Punk are brilliant, but TNA is making a massive mistake. :banghead:

Next?

I'm sorry, did you see me mention the Punk shoot anywhere? You're doing a lot of assuming here; plenty of the Punk shoot had flaws, but at its core, the Punk shoot was one guy complaining that he was the best in the world, and wasn't getting treated like it. But to defend this atrocity of a segment, all you can do is bring up the Punk shoot?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

If you want to delude yourself into thinking that segment was any good, fine. You're still a fucking moron, but fine. But please, do tell, how did that promo not bury TNA, and Dixie Carter?

It's also worth noting, that at least in kayfabe, Punk's promo made perfect sense. Punk is a disgruntled employee who is jaded by his perception of the place he works at. So, he mentioned all the things that were wrong.

Tommy's promo? Well, let's review where he starts at. Tommy Dreamer (in kayfabe or reality, doesn't really matter) was denied the chance to use Bully Ray for his House of Hardcore show. Understandably, he would be upset that one of the biggest stars on the show, and his good friend, wouldn't be allowed to be part of his show.

So what is his response? To bury Impact Wrestling, and Dixie Carter's running of Impact Wrestling, and the show itself.

So... Again, where's the logic? Tommy couldn't book Bully Ray, so TNA is an awful show, that is essentially Dixie's vanity project?

Sounds like some fucked up logic, to me.

Edit; did they even mention Dixie refused to let Bully work HOH? I don't think it was mentioned once in the segment.

I highly doubt this is going to lead to any sort of "ECW reunion." I think all the major players in last one are pretty intent on "Hardcore Justice" in 2010 being the last true ECW reunion. I'm a huge ECW fan so if another reunion were to happen I'd watch it. As long as certain big names are involved, Foley, Sandman, Sabu, and the other big names. But frankly it's been done to death. To top it off of the major names can't wrestle anymore(Foley, Taz, Funk) Certain names like RVD, Joey Styles and of course the guy behind it all Paul Heyman is under contract with WWE. It's been 14 years lets move on.

I watched TNA for the first time in awhile on Thursday and I thought it was pretty solid. Honestly it was as good as Raw on Monday. I enjoyed Dreamer's promo and thought he spoke a lot of truth, though I'm not sure what it had to do with the House Of Hardcore incident. But I'm interested to see where it goes.

I find it funny that Tommy Dreamer is painted as the good guy in all this given what started the issue. Bully Ray was pulled from the House of Hardcore event because Spike TV asked Impact Wrestling to have him appear at an award show. Spike TV. The company contracting Impact Wrestling on. They asked for Bully Ray. As in, it was a contractual obligation to the network. But yeah, the evil one is supposed to be Dixie Carter cause she's obnoxious and stuck up. And not Tommy Dreamer for being a crybaby who got trumped by a large TV network.

But that's one of the glaring flaws of this stupidity. Besides the fact that yet another ECW exploitation 13 years into it's death just to market to New York and Philadelphia. Because plain ol' marketing eludes TNA much like basic hindsight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back