• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dean Ambrose was clearly added to the match so he can take the fall, right?

Well, given the similarity to what happened at WM31, hopefully they'll avoid using that ending.

Even those he's the presumed underdog in the 4-way, the story of this match is Dean Ambrose. We already know what Randy, Roman & Seth are doing.....but the black marble is Dean.....which pretty much fits in with his character, doesn't it?

Yes, Ambrose will likely be the factor that determines how the match will turn out, but I presume he won't be walking out as world champion.

How cool would it be for him to Dirty Deeds Orton, leading into the Seth Rollins pin for the win, while Ambrose walks out? That opens Ambrose and Orton through the summer, leaving Rollins and Reigns to run a summer program, before Brock returns to fight for his belt. It fits the Ambrose character, where he just does insane stuff with no apparent motive, etc.

Well, given the similarity to what happened at WM31, hopefully they'll avoid using that ending.

Even those he's the presumed underdog in the 4-way, the story of this match is Dean Ambrose. We already know what Randy, Roman & Seth are doing.....but the black marble is Dean.....which pretty much fits in with his character, doesn't it?

Yes, Ambrose will likely be the factor that determines how the match will turn out, but I presume he won't be walking out as world champion.

Well, it would be a similar ending, but I'd say Reigns spearing Ambrose would have much more significance in further Reigns-Ambrose confrontations going forward, than Brock-Roman ones post-Mania 31.

Indeed, Dean is a huge addition to this match, and it will definitely be one where everything shapes up for that one final nail in the SHIELD brotherhood stuff that has been left between Roman and Dean. That said, being a huge fan of the trio, I'm still amongst those who wants both Roman and Dean to beat Seth Rollins' Arse before any dissension(between Ambreigns) happens. That has to happen, doesn't it?

Yeah I thought that too at first but then I realized that ma boy Ambrose is in the main-event which means he is not involved in a useless, badly booked, unimportant mid-card feud. We have barely seen him cut some of those awesome promos of his for some time now. Now that he is in a title match we might get to see more of him as I think he is heavily underutilized at this moment in time.

Did he get put there to take the fall? Yeah most probably, but he also was put there because he's a great talent that can be credible when put in that position and WWE knows that. Me thinks it's a fine idea to have all 3 guys of the shield AND Randy Orton. Kinda in a way teasing that maybe down the line match of just the Shield members at Wrestlemania.

Yup. I feel that it is highly possible that Ambrose was added to the match just to take the pinfall. However I don't think it was done to protect Orton or Reigns like Ryback in the triple threat, but for storyline progression that Rollins have defeated all of his challengers in the past 3 months. (except Lesnar of course) Rollins will probably brag about it and then out comes Heyman/Lesnar to issue a challenge for SummerSlam.

Not sure what they will do for MiTB. Maybe have Rollins defend against Kane?

WWE pulls this shit all the time, and the last time they did it was just a few months ago at the Rumble. They advertised Cena/Brock a few times, but when it came down to writing a finish, they didn't want any of them to take the pin, so they added Seth in there to do it.

Now, it's the same thing. Seth is going to retain so he obviously can't take the pin. They don't want Randy to take the pin either since he just got pinned at ER. And they also don't want Roman to take the pin because he's still Cena 2.0. They even randomly included RYBACK in a #1 Contender's match last month so Randy can have someone else to pin other than Roman.

Now that all these guys need to be protected, they're randomly adding Dean into the match. He's just there so Seth can pin him and keep both Randy and Roman looking strong.

I think they added him to make it seem like there's really a chance Rollins can lose the belt, especially without being pinned.

I don't expect Ambrose to win the title but atleast his history with Rollins and Reigns adds a different dynamic to this match that nobody else could replicate.

the only reason ambrose was added was too turn on reigns they keep talking about how there brothers so there planting the seed there imo and reigns has nobody to feud with after this title match at payback

Well, I'm still holding out for a Shield reunion. The pieces are all there for the swerve considering that Kane added them to the match. So let's assume I'm wrong there...

I'm not sold that Ambrose was added to the match to take the pin as much as he was added to give it some interest. Something about the main event was really lacking as a triple threat. Orton has wrestled Rollins and Reigns plenty of times, and adding Dean to the mix gives a uniqueness that wasn't there before.

He might eat the pinfall, but I think it's more likely Orton does. After this feud Orton won't be in the main event scene for quite some time. Right now there is a youth movement going on and I think they're going to protect Ambrose to coincide with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back