Dean vs Seth: The next step.

BestWrestlingOpinions

Getting Noticed By Management
On sunday, we get the Dean vs Seth HIAC match, which will be a really good match in my opinion. Who wins though and why? I believe Dean will and should come victorious:

-Gives him that pay off we wants for the past months. Keeps the fans satisfied etc.

-More importantly, it opens ways for the feud to go on. If Seth won, the feud would have no meaning. Dean was going after Seth, Dean lost, why do you continue the feud? If Dean wins, on the other hand, then Seth will be pissed and will want to get back at Dean.
This means that at Survivor Series, we can have a traditional 5on5 tag match with Dean and Seth leading the two teams. Let the two get in when there have been like 2-3 eliminations and let them brawl it to the outside, thus getting counted out. This keeps the score "even" in some sorts, giving the feud a reason to go to TLC.

At TLC, Seth will want to get to Dean so bad, to the point that he will challenge him to a TLC match with the briefcase on the line. At the same PPV, we can have Lesnar vs Cena/Orton. At that point, either Dean or Seth can win, Lesnar/Cena/Orton can win, and then we can have a cash in at the same night. Definitely an epic way to close the year.

If it all goes well, we can have a triple threat match at the Rumble for the WWEWHC with Lesnar possibly regaining his title, after losing it "cheaply" with the cash in. From there, Lesnar can carry the title to WM, where either Dean/Seth/Reigns/Wyatt or whoever else is picked can then take it from him.

Yes, I think Dean wins decisively. This match caters more towards his personality. How many times in the last few months have we seen Dean get curbstomped? If Dean loses, he loses all momentum. Seth loses, he still has MITB and the dispute with Orton.

I have thought about the idea of ambrose and rollins feuding over the intercontinental championship. it i dont believe either of them are ready to hold the world titles just yet. thats why i want them to be like stone cold anx the rock. SCSA and rock had a rivalry over the IC championship and then evolved into the wwe title. The same thing should happen with ambrose-rollins. Fued for IC title for a while. Then when rollins cashes in on world title then they can feud over world title after already having grsat rivalry with the IC. I believ the IC title will get those 2 elevated to main event.

( typed with crappy phone, so dont eat me)

I would definitely want this feud to continue. It's been one of the best feuds this year, Hell In A Cell does not feel like the right place to end it. TLC does. Dean gets a big victory at Hell In A Cell, Seth then goes and complains to Trips for a rematch. I agree with the threadstarter's idea of it leading to a traditional Survivor Series match of Team Ambrose VS Team Rollins where Seth's team wins, setting up for an epic conclusion to the feud at TLC in the show's namesake match type. Tables, Ladders, and Chairs.... No other match type would be as fitting as that one to end this feud.

I have to disagree with the threadstarter on the cash-in being at TLC though. Why have Seth cash in only for Lesnar to get the belt back at the Rumble? That would be a short and useless reign. He needs to cash in sooner if Lesnar is going to hold the belt again at the beginning of the year. A cash-in at Hell In A Cell would save the show from likely being garbage, but that's a topic for another thread. We haven't had a cash-in at Wrestlemania yet. Seth could hold it all the way until next year's Money In The Bank. Plenty of options are available, all are better than giving Seth a one month long title reign. He deserves better than that.

I have to disagree with the threadstarter on the cash-in being at TLC though. Why have Seth cash in only for Lesnar to get the belt back at the Rumble? That would be a short and useless reign. He needs to cash in sooner if Lesnar is going to hold the belt again at the beginning of the year. A cash-in at Hell In A Cell would save the show from likely being garbage, but that's a topic for another thread. We haven't had a cash-in at Wrestlemania yet. Seth could hold it all the way until next year's Money In The Bank. Plenty of options are available, all are better than giving Seth a one month long title reign. He deserves better than that.

You are right, I didn't really think this through, but here is an idea. Lesnar gets the title back at the Rumble, Seth has a rematch clause. Elimination chamber comes. You can either have a #1 contender's EC match OR a WWEWHC EC match. If we have the latter, we can have a rematch between Seth and Brock. No matter what, we can get Seth into the title match at Mania, where Brock drops it. Now, we can either insert Dean/Reigns/Wyatt or whoever else and make it a triple threat/fatal 4way or whatever type of match. The idea here is for Rollins to kinda get rid of the briefcase and actually "compete" for the title instead of getting the cheap win by cashing in. Lesnar has to drop the title at Mania, Rollins gets a good showing from TLC (where he cashes in till Mania and forward, rather than just at Mania, where most people think he will cash in), X guy gets the big win at Mania over Lesnar and I think everyone is happy. Sure, we might lose the shock value of a cash in to close Mania (or the Raw after). There are many possibilities, but a TLC cash in isn't as bad as it seems. I'm on a hurry here, so if you can suggest something, I'll be back here later to read any response.

I think Orton is going to come out and screw Rollins somehow. I can see The Authority coming down to the ring to "watch the action" for a few minutes, Orton will enter the cage and RKO Rollins costing him the match. I would like to see Orton win his match with Cena before this happens with The Authority coming down to HELP him win it (Seth Rollins included). After the match Rollins and Orton can shake hands, say no hard feelings from the Curb Stomp on Raw, and than of course Orton would end up screwing Rollins to end the night. This should be the end of the Rollins/Ambrose feud imo. If the WWE is not going to put the briefcase on the line, I see no reason for why these guys have to keep fighting. It's been 5 months since Rollins turned on The Shield and I think the perfect end to one of the best feuds in recent memory would be HIAC.

This can lead to HHH and Kane still trying to mediate between Orton and Rollins in the following month leading up to Survivor Series. At Survivor Series, I would have Kane, Rollins, and Orton left on The Authority side and Cena and Ambrose left on the Anti-Authority side (assuming this match happens) and have Rollins do something to piss Orton off. Orton can hit Rollins with the RKO again. When Kane gets in Orton's face, he can get an RKO as well. The next night HHH can come out to confront Orton and Orton could start to snap at him. When it seems like Orton is about to lose it, Rollins and Kane could come down and lay a beating on him and HHH could pedigree Orton, effectively turning Orton face. The next PPV could have Orton vs HHH and Rollins in a Handicap match where he gets destroyed. RR they screw Orton out of the title. EC Rollins and Orton could both be in the Chamber match. And it could all culminate at Wrestlemania. 2 huge feuds in one year would do a lot for Rollins if he could continue the momentum he has going in a feud with Orton.

There are many possibilities, but a TLC cash in isn't as bad as it seems. I'm on a hurry here, so if you can suggest something, I'll be back here later to read any response.

TLC cash in is fine, but only if Lesnar doesn't get the belt back at the next PPV. If Lesnar is getting the belt again at The Royal Rumble, the cash-in must be sooner. I'd do it at Hell In A Cell, personally. Remember those "matches" that Seth "won" against Reigns this summer? Seth could convince The Authority to let him cash-in that way at Hell In A Cell if *cringes* we truly don't get a World Heavyweight Championship match. I doubt at this point Lesnar is showing up at Hell In A Cell sadly, so that may be the only route to cash in on him for a while. Or he could cash in after Lesnar's match at Survivor Series if Lesnar's going to show up there. That gets Lesnar out of the title picture until his next appearance if it isn't until 2015. It also gets Seth a longer reign if Lesnar has to hold the belt going into Wrestlemania. I'm fine with Seth cashing in at Wrestelemania too, he's a heel so he doesn't have to win it by traditional match victories. It worked great for Edge to do it opportunistically and like Edge, Seth is good enough in the ring to back up his bragging in promos with winning where it matters in great matches.

Either way, Dean VS Seth continuing will keep Seth occupied until his cash-in and I stand by my statement that TLC is the perfect way to end this excellent feud. Think of the chaos that would be unleashed when those two have access to all the namesake items at TLC. It could be a match of the year candidate.

I firmly believe Ambrose shouldn't beat Rollins until Mania. They don't have to feud all the way until then but it could easily work.

Seth should win at HIAC (by cheating of course) There is still life left in this feud so it can continue to Survivor Series where maybe Reigns gets involved. Where then they go I'm not sure, perhaps a match for the MITB briefcase. Or, indeed, Seth becomes the World Champ.

They could sell Mania pretty well with the idea of Ambrose finally defeating Seth at the big stage. Moreover, given time, these two could put on a classic and have a WM moment very early on in their careers. I mean, who else are these two going to wrestle. Triple H, Orton and Cena are the stand-out names I can think of. Anything else is a step down which is why these two should get some closure on this feud (for the meantime) at WM31.

I firmly believe Ambrose shouldn't beat Rollins until Mania. They don't have to feud all the way until then but it could easily work.

Seth should win at HIAC (by cheating of course) There is still life left in this feud so it can continue to Survivor Series where maybe Reigns gets involved. Where then they go I'm not sure, perhaps a match for the MITB briefcase. Or, indeed, Seth becomes the World Champ.

They could sell Mania pretty well with the idea of Ambrose finally defeating Seth at the big stage. Moreover, given time, these two could put on a classic and have a WM moment very early on in their careers. I mean, who else are these two going to wrestle. Triple H, Orton and Cena are the stand-out names I can think of. Anything else is a step down which is why these two should get some closure on this feud (for the meantime) at WM31.

I was thinking of what you said too, but here is the problem I had with this, that comes close to another thread I made recently, about how everything is just a filler for Wrestlemania. Last year, we got Bryan's rise to the top, a program that took 9 months of filler programs till WM where Bryan became champ. Sure, it was a good ride, but it felt so tiring at times. Doing the same thing with Ambrose for an even longer amount of time might become even more tiring, especially since he already had the same thing last year. We don't necessarily need every feud to culminate at Mania. We can have this feud end at TLC. Sure, it can reignite somewhere down the line, but doing the same thing for 10 months isn't the ideal thing.

To me, a HHH vs Ambrose feud is simply epic. I remember like 2 months ago, where Dean was causing mayhem and HHH was coming out with security to restrain him. Those two are just made for each other. Their personalities fit so perfectly. After Dean is done with Seth at TLC, he can be screwed out of the Rumble. Basically, Dean can get the exact same program Punk was supposed to get last year.

I disagree with the notion that this feud needs to continue. The Cell is supposed to be a blowoff for a feud like this. Dean should win clean and promptly move on to something else. Seth has already planted the seeds for his next feud with Orton, I suspect that Ambrose will be attacked by the Wyatts Monday setting up his next program.

This feud has been gold, but it's time to move on. No need to drag it out for a few more months and water it down.

OK, so what should he move on to, then? I like the idea of this feud not ending just yet. This is the best feud they've had in years, and some of you want it to end? Come on. At least let it go until TLC. Put the briefcase on the line, if they have to. That being said, I hope Ambrose wins.

I hope the Rollins/Ambrose continues after this. The feud still feels red hot. Plus, I too like the idea of a Ambrose vs. Rollins TLC match for the MITB at the TLC pay per view.

I agree that this feud while it has been great needs to finish. They've been at it for months now. Most of the time it's been based around Ambrose just trying to get his hands on Rollins, now he has the chance inside the cell. Rollins can't run away. Hopefully Dean wins and it's over, although it will never really be over so to speak and I can see it spark up every now and again.

No idea what's in the cards for Ambrose after this, probably a re-invented Wyatt. Rollins will go on to feud with Orton most likely, as they've been hinting at that for a long time now. So it will be interesting to see what happens come Survivor Series. I'm just wondering where Reigns will fit in when he returns.

I'd quite like for them to continue this until TLC, but in the same vein as they have been doing, in that they're introducing others to the feud too. I think that's great for build-up to Survivor Series where we'll hopefully see a traditional survival match. A lot of it depends on when the match v Lesnar is going to be and whether it'll be Cena or Orton, though. I'm personally hoping for Orton v Lesnar at Survivor Series, but if that's put off until the Rumble then it means that they can continue the path of Cena/Ambrose v The Authority. With that in mind Ambrose has to win Sunday so that Rollins can look for revenge, leading up to the briefcase being on the line in a match between them at TLC. Hell - this could continue until WrestleMania if they get put in the Rumble match and the Elimination Chamber, but I guess it's all about keeping it fresh. If they can do that, this can be a true feud to remember.

Saying all of that, I'd be interested in seeing Ambrose v Wyatt and Rollins v Orton too. I think that the former feud would have particularly great promos, while the latter would compliment each other well in the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back