Dean Ambrose's future.

BestWrestlingOpinions

Getting Noticed By Management
In my opinion, and in the opinion of many others, Dean Ambrose is the best thing going for the WWE at the moment and is one of the few segments week in and week out that we can enjoy and be really excited about. Others are Heyman's promos, Wyatt's stories, but IMO, Dean is the best thing at the moment.

Let's leave the Roman Reigns fantasy of Vince that he is the next big thng blah blah blah and let's talk about how Dean becomes the next big guy. He gets big pops in every arena. His mic work is amazing, his manners in the ring and outside are one of a kind and his ring work is enough to solidify him as THE top guy. How would you push Dean to be that top guy though?

At the moment, he has a feud with Seth Rollins, who is also amazing. Their feud is one of the best things that has happened the last years. In fact, both sides play their roles as enemies so well, that it feels real. I haven't seen something so personal since HHH vs HBK back in the day, and that means a lot. I believe this is the feud that should take Dean (and subsequently Seth) to the next level, to the TOP level.

Seth holds the MitB contract, which means that eventually he will become the WWEWHC. Let Seth destroy Dean, like he did this Monday. Let Dean go away for some time (if that won't destroy his popularity). Let Seth grab the WWEWHC and then let Dean return and have that feud continue for the title. Eventually Dean gets THAT big win which turns him into mega star.

There are a lot of obstacles. Lesnar and Reigns and of course Cena are the top 3 at the moment, and because of those, I can't see what I said happening. But, if we live in fantasy world, would you book Dean straight into the title picture, like they did with Reigns, or would you have him have that lengthy feud with Seth (that can go until even WM), and then they feud over the title?

Personally, I prefer the second. First of all, it's quality TV. Both guys produce magic everytime they have a segment and their feud is top tier, which is something that was missing a lot.

Honestly I agree, I like Roman Reigns and I think he can have a very good future in the WWE BUT Dean Ambrose has the most personality of the three in The Shield and obviously has the mic skills so for that reason I think Ambrose has a very bright future in the company. Vince McMahon will push Roman Reigns because obviously he has the size and the good looks. However I believe Ambrose is the best no doubt whatsoever.

I think this feud will be over at Hell in a Cell.

Brock Lesnar will most likely not be wrestling at Hell in a Cell, so they need a big match for the Hell in a Cell main event, and I see that being Ambrose v Rollins in a grudge match.

Have Rollins feud with someone else till Night of Champions, and then Ambrose returns and attacks him. Then set up this Hell in a Cell match to finish the feud which will be match of the year in my opinion.

Ambrose is off TV now as far as I know to film a movie

I personally think Ambrose and Rollins are head and shoulders above Reigns but realistically Reigns has that WWE "look" size and whatever. Not that it should matter when guys like Bryan and Punk have been Champions in recent years.

Reigns is a believable choice to fued with Lesnar or Batista when he returns due to his size, I couldn't see a Lesnar / Ambrose fued as being marketable so I think whilst Lesnar is the champion we won't see Rollins or Ambrose in the main event picture just yet

I think there's a much simpler method of making Ambrose the main eventer. This week on Raw I realized what is so great with Dean, the little mannerisms he has. For example when he was looking under the ring, he looked over at the audience and is like, check these weapons out! Plus a few weeks back you had the authority beatdown on him and he said something to the effect of "is that all you got." It's the little things he does that make me like this guy.

Anyway, to get him to the mainevent level, he's gonna be out for let's say 2 weeks. Rollins feuds with someone else till then and Dean shows back up. They fight at HiaC for the briefcase! And Dean wins. IF this is our fantasy world, he can win and cash it in on a battered Lesnar at Mania. Imagine Reigns v Lesnar is a classic match and Lesnar barely wins. He's spent months doing the impossible, just destroying guys and it looks like the Lesnar era continues. Then Dean comes out and cashes in. Bam, Ambrose is first of them with the world title :shrug:

All he needs is to take the feud with Orton when Reigns is done with him.

I personally think WWE made a mistake choosing Reigns over Ambrose, although I can't blame them either. The fans chose Reigns, but I don't think they realized how limited his in-ring and mic skills are. I could've sworn that they occasionally turned on him during the Summerslam match, although they also cheered so perhaps I'm mistaken.

Ambrose pretty much is the complete package, so I think he deserves to be the main eventer of the three. Rollins is doing great as a heel, but I'm not sure how interesting he'd be as a face. Like Ziggler, he can get good pops, but I don't know if he'd have an established characterization like Reigns and Ambrose do. During the Shield's face run, Rollins was the heart at best, the damsel in distress at worst. That only works for teams and stables, but maybe he has something under his sleeve for when that time comes.

Slow down. Ambrose is in a personal feud with a terrific in ring rival that matches up well with him. While it may be the most enjoyable thing going on right now it doesn't mean he needs to main event or hold a belt. He can be just as entertaining at 8:45pm as he can at 10:45. Let him build, see how he does when he has to feud with an Orton, Rusev, Kane, Miz or whatever other heel they throw at him that he doesn't have such close ties to.

Roman Reigns is who WWE seems to have chosen for now. Eight months from WM. It feels in a similar way to how they chose Ryback a few years ago. Dean Ambrose has a long career ahead of him. Put him in a position without a proper build and Dean Ambrose may end up like Ryback.

Ambrose is off TV now as far as I know to film a movie

It could go either way.

According to WWE.com, Dean Ambrose suffered extensive head and spine trauma. However, according to a WWE doctor:

"As you saw during the match with Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, toward the end of the match, Dean had sustained what we thought was pretty significant head and cervical spine trauma, so as a precaution we immobilized his neck, placed him on a stretcher and removed him from the ring area and brought him backstage. At the time of bringing him backstage, he was responsive and was refusing transport to a local medical facility for further evaluation. He had removed the straps and surgical collar, said he refused to go and we haven’t seen him since."

So, Dean Ambrose is missing.

It could go either way.

According to WWE.com, Dean Ambrose suffered extensive head and spine trauma. However, according to a WWE doctor:

"As you saw during the match with Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, toward the end of the match, Dean had sustained what we thought was pretty significant head and cervical spine trauma, so as a precaution we immobilized his neck, placed him on a stretcher and removed him from the ring area and brought him backstage. At the time of bringing him backstage, he was responsive and was refusing transport to a local medical facility for further evaluation. He had removed the straps and surgical collar, said he refused to go and we haven’t seen him since."

So, Dean Ambrose is missing.

I think him being reported just sets up the intrigue and surprise for when he returns out of nowhere after filming,tbh.

Ambrose is one of the few things that will stop me from fast forwarding through Raw. He's the best thing to watch on WWE TV right now. His personality and his character are the best they have and he makes it all work beautifully. If he is off for a few weeks, when he does return that place will explode.

I don't want to sound like one of "those" guys but I've been following the career of Ambrose/Moxley for quite some time now. I've always been amazed at the level of emotion he has always carried with him, whether in promos or in the ring. Now that he is on the big stage and seen worldwide I almost feel like a proud papa.

I am looking forward to a very successful future for Dean Ambrose. I for one won't be one of those people who turn on a star after a month or two.

Concerning Dean Ambrose's past and certain aspects of his fighting style, if this was the Attitude Era, I'd have booked him in the Hardcore division, no question.

There's nothing like that these days, so as far as booking Ambrose, I can understand where they're going. Reigns and Ambrose both want revenge, but with Reigns destined for the top spot, he's taking on the higher-caliber characters, while Ambrose targets the henchmen.

While it seems that Reigns is going to be The Guy until Cena comes back (or conversely, there's not going to be a "The Guy" as Lesnar will just be mowing people down for several months), giving Ambrose a little more time to display his mic skills and his unorthodox fighting style seems like a good idea. Easily IC title material right now.

Would I book him, right now, to beat Lesnar clean at the next PPV? No. Lesnar still has to mow down some more people. But I see promising things for Ambrose.

They should have had Roillins and Ambrose tearing it up over one of the mid card titles. Talk about raising the bar for one of those straps. It would be like stepping back in time some twenty years ago. With Brock on light duty who the hell would mind watching the focuse be on a these two and a second title.

They should have had Roillins and Ambrose tearing it up over one of the mid card titles. Talk about raising the bar for one of those straps. It would be like stepping back in time some twenty years ago. With Brock on light duty who the hell would mind watching the focuse be on a these two and a second title.

Agree.

However, I'll be honest, even as a guy who wanted more focus on the MidCard titles...WWE doesn't really value the IC or US title much, and Rollins and Ambrose are both guys situated just below the Main Event, thus, they are probably being seen as too big to be fighting over 'worthless' midcard titles.

I don't want to sound like one of "those" guys but I've been following the career of Ambrose/Moxley for quite some time now. I've always been amazed at the level of emotion he has always carried with him, whether in promos or in the ring. Now that he is on the big stage and seen worldwide I almost feel like a proud papa.

I am looking forward to a very successful future for Dean Ambrose. I for one won't be one of those people who turn on a star after a month or two.

I am right there with you. I remember watching him win the HWA Make Me a Star contest and his amazing run in the Heartland Wrestling Association. He quickly become one of my favorite talents on the Indy scene and I kept watching all the way to the big leagues. I am happy to see he is so over right now.

Slow down. Ambrose is in a personal feud with a terrific in ring rival that matches up well with him. While it may be the most enjoyable thing going on right now it doesn't mean he needs to main event or hold a belt. He can be just as entertaining at 8:45pm as he can at 10:45. Let him build, see how he does when he has to feud with an Orton, Rusev, Kane, Miz or whatever other heel they throw at him that he doesn't have such close ties to.

Roman Reigns is who WWE seems to have chosen for now. Eight months from WM. It feels in a similar way to how they chose Ryback a few years ago. Dean Ambrose has a long career ahead of him. Put him in a position without a proper build and Dean Ambrose may end up like Ryback.

Yeah true. I'd hate for Reigns to end up like Ryback, too. I like Reigns and like many others I'd prefer Ambrose get the push.

However, if they're going to push Reigns they need to cater to his strengths. I don't see him being a guy who can cut 10+ minute passionate promos like HHH, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back