[DC/Marvel] TV Shows/Movies Discussion Thread

To me it's a Penguin show. So much they've done that I don't like and bringing in a lot of Batvillians instead of 1 or 2 is silly.

The focus should have mainly been on Maroni and Falcone but alas Maroni is dead.

I maintain what I said - Gotham was a satisfying show. Arrow got to a point where I just watched it for the sake of watching it and, mostly because of Diggle, the one guy who has no super-power and Malcolm, the anti-villain who smiles way too much. Felicity was so bad and Emily Rickards is so bad in the drama scenes that it felt awkward watching the show. Third season of Arrow had one good story - Katana/Maseo. Nothing else. League was awful. Atom was bad. The love triangle was awful. Laurel as Canary let's say, they tried. Diggle was the only good thing from Team Arrow. Super glad they are going a different route with Arrow.

Gotham as a little something something called the "Court of Owls" and I would love to see a mature version of Talon appear. I don't need Batman, I need Jim Gordon kicking it up. Make the kid go away and study in Europe. Gordon's an awesome lead.

I started thinking how would Edward Norton have fared in the Avengers etc. I think he would've done a good job but he certainly would have done it differently to Mark Ruffalo.

I maintain what I said - Gotham was a satisfying show. Arrow got to a point where I just watched it for the sake of watching it and, mostly because of Diggle, the one guy who has no super-power and Malcolm, the anti-villain who smiles way too much. Felicity was so bad and Emily Rickards is so bad in the drama scenes that it felt awkward watching the show. Third season of Arrow had one good story - Katana/Maseo. Nothing else. League was awful. Atom was bad. The love triangle was awful. Laurel as Canary let's say, they tried. Diggle was the only good thing from Team Arrow. Super glad they are going a different route with Arrow.
See I get how you can say that but then you say shit like this
Gotham as a little something something called the "Court of Owls" and I would love to see a mature version of Talon appear. I don't need Batman, I need Jim Gordon kicking it up. Make the kid go away and study in Europe. Gordon's an awesome lead.

See I get how you can say that but then you say shit like this

How's that shit? I'm giving my opinion and backing it up, which is more than what you're doing.

I've read "The Court of Owls", I know it's something the showrunners want to incorporate into the show, so what the fuck's wrong with that? Also, I said Gotham was satisfying, therefore if Arrow was a 4/10, Gotham isn't much bigger than a 6/10. But this TV season, there's no way people thought Arrow was a better show than Gotham, because it wasn't. Simply stated.

So you didn't like the Brick storyline?
I liked the actor who portrayed Brick. I wasn't buying the whole storyline though. It was rushed and Laurel should've taken a gross beating instead of that Ted Grant dude. Also, it was really an unsatisfying end after Malcolm's backstory was revealed - at the time it felt good that, but at the end of the season, what does it matter? Nothing. They just needed to fill the episodes.

Let's say this I'm happy they presented something to the fans, but now how they did it. I like that they've introduced this whole set of characters and that they are going forward with a possible "Birds of Prey", starring Canary, Katana and Hawkgirl - but that's the comic book fan in me that likes to see a live-action show with these people, but as far as story goes - there was only one thing I really enjoyed and continue to do so - John Diggle and The Suicide Squad. Also Thea and Malcolm was something I enjoyed and even her killing Sara should've been more explored. Speedy should've been full Team Arrow by the mid season instead of Canary, at least, it would make sense since she was training for God knows how long with Malcolm.

Somethings that in my mind should've been changed:
1. Canary should've only been introduced in the season finale, instead of a woman defender who took beatings from common thugs and that by the end of the season was killing members of the League of Assassins. Writing that down makes me cringe even.

2.The whole - "Let's not tell my dad that Sara died" was a stupid ass decision. They didn't even explain what the hell Cap. Lance really had, but he's a cop in a crime filled city, how bad would that be to tell him from the get go? It didn't make any sense. Then I had to endure with A LOT of episodes that made Cap Lance this crazy guy who hated everyone now, only for the season finale to close this story in a 30 second scene.

3. What was the point of Ray and Felicity? It only made Felicity look a little bit like an asshole and a ****e. She was dating the guy who bought her fancy things, but she didn't really love him and by the end of the season, she was asking him for help to save her current lover? Fuck you bitch! Also, she magically learned how to use The Atom suit in less than 30 seconds.

4. Roy had no purpose this season. Does any of you remember an episode where he was the most important character? They spent so much of season 2 trying to make him Arsenal for season 3, only to not do anything relevant at all with him and retiring the character all together. This was bad.

5. Malcolm lives in season one. Deathstroke lives in season two. Freaking Ra's Al Ghul dies in season three. No way. Once again, who didn't like to see the League of Assassins get a proper introduction? Everyone who has been a fan of Batman likes this idea, but does anyone also liked the "successor storyline"? If only Oliver had indeed accepted the mantle, maybe, it wouldn't be so bad. Damn it, I would even be okay if it was Diggle who accepted a place alongside Ra's in the season finale. Instead we got the most random decision of all time. Why? Why would Oliver give an army of assassins to the guy who killed hundreds of people and only helped him so he wouldn't get killed? Zero sense.

This was a really bad season. The Flash cameos were always awesome though and I am okay with The Atom storyline too. Brandon Routh really fits the part and I'm glad he's getting a spinoff show as a central piece. Katana/Maseo had the most satisfying end, a really emotional story with a great background, only further proving that The Arrow flashbacks are a very important part of the series and more often than not, more entertaining than the "current" stories.

Season 3 had a lot of potential, but it really squandered the opportunity it had, especially in comparison to how The Flash turned out. The problem is that I never felt Ra's Al Ghul to be a legitimate threat, and I think that was with the writing, acting and direction he had, whereas Deathstroke really had a stronger presence. The problem is that they were trying to tell too many stories at once, and didn't have real focus for the season. I agree that Laurel having what, 4 months of training turned out to be good enough? Oliver was just getting by after 5 years of training, and Speedy was trained by Malcolm, who had League of Assassin training. The logic really went out of the window in places, and while the flashbacks were stronger, I wasn't a big fan of the story for the flashback, and I just want to move on from the concept altogether because they should have wrapped up Oliver's backstory by the end of Season 2, and moved on with other characters. Also, how is that the League of Assassins just went to the Stormtrooper training camp? The ease of their disposal was rather ridiculous.

I don't know where they'll go for Season 4, but out of the three CW shows to come, I'm looking forward to The Flash Season 2 (finale aside, consistently solid throughout), I'm somewhat intrigued by Legends of Tomorrow, but Arrow needs to get back into gear.

The Flashback was shit this season. It was the same story every week aside from the STarling City week.

How was the Flash finale not solid?

The Flash finale was fantastic. Never seen such a paradox being so well made. I never expected that show to be that good, specially not in their first season. Even the filler shows were good. I hope the team keeps it together for season two, because, they have such big shoes to fill. As far as first season goes, I don't remember a tv show that made such an impact. Maybe Daredevil and Game of Thrones recently.

Jon Bernthal has been cast as The Punisher in season 2 of Daredevil. Absolutely perfect choice.

IMO, Marvel rules the movie aspect of comics right now, but DC isn't far behind. On the other hand though, DC rules the TV aspect of comics because DC has far better television programming then Marvel has.

I think that all Marvel has is Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., Avengers Assemble, and The Ultimate Spiderman right now as far as entertaining Television goes. I'm not going to mention the Agents of Shield because that show just sucks IMO. Especially when compared to The Flash, Arrow, or Gotham.

Also, if you haven't already, you should check out DC's direct to video animation movies. They are all wonderful IMO and there are plenty of them to watch. The current Justice League universe that they're focusing on right now, which includes Justice League: War and Justice League: Throne of Atlantis, is awesome.

I still don't see how Batman could stand up to Superman without it being stupidly contrived. Is Supes just not going to fight or is Bats going to have some ridiculous power up? Or should we just accept the deux ex machina of Kryptonite?

You also have to hope that Luthor has far more of a role than what is shown as he needs to the baddie rather than the U.S. government.

Did you watch the trailer?

Bats has a "Super-buster" suit, clearly(with some Kryptonite powerups, perhaps?). And Luthor was in the trailer almost as much as anyone was.

I did watch it and even Batman stealing the "Hulk-Buster" suit from Tony Stark did nothing for me.

Luther was in the trailer a lot... doing nothing other than talk and look at Kryptonite.

Basically, Superman as a character has long been ruined for me and I have had enough of Batman recently.

IzZzTMf.gif

VW6gdLu.gif

FaLMrs0.gif

XW974Ul.gif

Never any doubt

Batman reminded me of how he looked in "RED SON" when he fighting those soldiers!
Batman-Red-Son.jpg

OyzgELh.gif

Awesome Robin costume
terBgPB.gif

11745412_436222229881150_1351391568344644104_n.jpg

tumblr_lu24154SRz1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Am I the only one who doesnt like the reason of fighting from what I seen so far? I mean, Batman should be smarter then to fight Superman just because he was reckless but saved the world and people in process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back