• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could Brooke Hogan Become A "Crazy Chick"?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Last night on IW, they started things off with Bully Ray initially calling out Hulk Hogan. Brooke comes out to Hogan's music, eventually, and gets into the ring with Ray. They make it seem as though they're trying to have something of a "private conversation" at first while conveniently keeping the mic high enough so as to make out what they're saying. Brooke tells Ray that her father knows about them and something about pictures. More than once during the segment, Ray says something to the effect that there's nothing for Hogan to know because there is no us.

Now, Ray shoved his tongue down Brooke's throat last week. I have a feeling that TNA is going to go down the path of Brooke somehow thinking that now she & Ray are an item because of said kiss. It just gave me a kind of vibe that TNA could be going for an angle somewhat like AJ Lee in which Brooke takes a "passionate kiss" out of context and gets all clingy while becoming more unbalanced as the weeks progress.

TNA might not go down that route at all. It's merely the feeling I get with Ray going the route of stating that there is no relationship with Brooke while Brooke obviously believes otherwise.

Feels more like a Claire Lynch to me. Next you will see Brooke taking out pictures of a drunk Bubba with her and ask him to take responsibility.

:banghead:

I have never been more disappointed in TNA than I am right now with this angle. It is already worse than Claire Lynch. No wrestler on the roster could possibly save it, it doesn't matter who is involved as it is completely unwatchable at this point. I knew that it reaching the point of no longer being watchable was the ultimate endpoint when they made Brooke be part of an onscreen angle. She's horrible! The complaints people make about Garrett Bischoff can easily be made about her as well. She has no talent whatsoever and therefore offers NOTHING for the federation and is only there due to what her last name is.

Even though I tried to give this angle a chance, it has become 100% unwatchable. Why waste this on someone talentless like Brooke when there are other girls on the roster who actually can work matches or do promos? Any of them could just as easily become close friends with Hogan in backstage segments leading up to the angle and then Ray gets closer to them in an attempt to earn Hogan's trust, there, now you have this angle but without Brooke. The absolute LAST thing I want to see is Brooke getting friendly with anyone onscreen. She's not attractive and does not deserve to be wasting anyone's time onscreen.

The only way it could possibly get any worse is if she were to become Knockout Champion. I swear I will stop watching TNA if she does, at least until she'd lose the belt. I have a very bad feeling that could be what happens, this is TNA we are talking about after all. I have no desire to see her become a ripoff of AJ Lee's character. At least AJ has the ability to work a match and is good on the mic. She's also pretty. Brooke is none of the above and TNA have clearly lost their minds if they think anything beneficial will result from this.

I have no idea where they are going with this, and I don't care. This is right on par with the Claire Lynch story, and others of similar threading that have occurred throughout recent history. This business of interweaving these pathetic, irrelevant soap-opera-like love stories/triangles into the professional wrestling atmosphere—let alone one where the two men involved in the triangle are more than likely not even going to wrestle over it (considering Hogan is barely able to walk)—is absurd. I get that in booking you're always looking for "new ways" to get guys over, but if I didn't love TNA like a loyal dog, last night's opening would have had me change the fuckin' channel, especially because they opened the show with it! I watched IMPACT with a good buddy of mine who's been watching wrestling for 20+ years like me, and we both just stared at each other watching this, utterly confused as to what the hell was happening, and why it was happening on IMPACT in the first place.

This nepotistic nonsense needs to go – Garett, Brooke, etc. I still hold out hope that at some point, somewhere in the future, companies will learn that just because you share the same last name as someone who is already famous, that does not in and of itself make you famous, and more importantly, does not make me care about you.

Please, TNA... please bail on this. It's horrid.

Personally, I don't think that Brooke Hogan as a crazy chick per se is going to work. The "crazy chick" character worked for AJ Lee because she is an attractive woman. Strike one against Brooke Hogan. Also, AJ is able to go in the ring and is a plausible female wrestler. Strike two, Ms. Hogan. Regardless of her surname, there are going to be roadblocks along the way which will limit what Brooke Hogan is able to do storyline wise. Unless, of course, nepotism is running wild in TNA, and we all know there is no precedent for this in TNA.

I see one of two scenarios for Brooke Hogan. Option one is that she doublecrosses Bully Ray in some manner, possibly by being affiliated with Aces and Eights, likely involving her stoner or at least his buddy Eric. Horrid. Option two is that Bully Ray dumps her, choosing affiliation with her famous father over her. So I don't see her being a crazy chick, but she could be a jilted ex who uses her influence to make Mark's life miserable.

Either way, it promises to be horrid. Bail out now while you can, TNA. Or we will have to endure Claire Lynch all over again.

I have no idea where they are going with this, and I don't care. This is right on par with the Claire Lynch story, and others of similar threading that have occurred throughout recent history. This business of interweaving these pathetic, irrelevant soap-opera-like love stories/triangles into the professional wrestling atmosphere—let alone one where the two men involved in the triangle are more than likely not even going to wrestle over it (considering Hogan is barely able to walk)—is absurd. I get that in booking you're always looking for "new ways" to get guys over, but if I didn't love TNA like a loyal dog, last night's opening would have had me change the fuckin' channel, especially because they opened the show with it! I watched IMPACT with a good buddy of mine who's been watching wrestling for 20+ years like me, and we both just stared at each other watching this, utterly confused as to what the hell was happening, and why it was happening on IMPACT in the first place.

This nepotistic nonsense needs to go – Garett, Brooke, etc. I still hold out hope that at some point, somewhere in the future, companies will learn that just because you share the same last name as someone who is already famous, that does not in and of itself make you famous, and more importantly, does not make me care about you.

I have never been more disappointed in TNA than I am right now with this angle. It is already worse than Claire Lynch. No wrestler on the roster could possibly save it, it doesn't matter who is involved as it is completely unwatchable at this point. I knew that it reaching the point of no longer being watchable was the ultimate endpoint when they made Brooke be part of an onscreen angle. She's horrible! The complaints people make about Garrett Bischoff can easily be made about her as well. She has no talent whatsoever and therefore offers NOTHING for the federation and is only there due to what her last name is.

Even though I tried to give this angle a chance, it has become 100% unwatchable. Why waste this on someone talentless like Brooke when there are other girls on the roster who actually can work matches or do promos? Any of them could just as easily become close friends with Hogan in backstage segments leading up to the angle and then Ray gets closer to them in an attempt to earn Hogan's trust, there, now you have this angle but without Brooke. The absolute LAST thing I want to see is Brooke getting friendly with anyone onscreen. She's not attractive and does not deserve to be wasting anyone's time onscreen.

The only way it could possibly get any worse is if she were to become Knockout Champion. I swear I will stop watching TNA if she does, at least until she'd lose the belt. I have a very bad feeling that could be what happens, this is TNA we are talking about after all. I have no desire to see her become a ripoff of AJ Lee's character. At least AJ has the ability to work a match and is good on the mic. She's also pretty. Brooke is none of the above and TNA have clearly lost their minds if they think anything beneficial will result from this.

Hmmm....how do you guys really feel? :lmao:

It bothers me that this is going on for multiple reasons. IDR and Dagger went into enough about the other stuff. What I want to bring up on this is the fact that Jack-Hammer's original post has some validity to it. It really does have a potential path towards some crazy chick gimmick for Brooke Hogan. I truly hope not, as wrestling storylines are recycled enough. For TNA to do this immediately following AJ's crazy chick past few months would just be awful. Not to mention, I just don't see Brooke being able to pull it off in the first place. Maybe that means they won't do it.

Between Claire Lynch, AJ and now wherever this is going, there's been too many soap opera type storylines with women lately. At least AJ's was fun because she did a great job pulling off the crazy chick. But even that gets old after awhile.

Plus Bully Ray has been too good the past year or so for them to stick him with this crap. Move on please.

EDIT:

The "crazy chick" character worked for AJ Lee because she is an attractive woman. Strike one against Brooke Hogan.

:lol:

Lately it seems that professional wrestling companies have forgotten that they can't just say "maybe relationship! CARE!" Why do we care about Brooke/Bubba? (No reason has been given, so, we don't.) Same reason no one cared about WWEAJ/Cena/Ziggler, same reason no one cared about AJ/Claire.

It's like making love to a woman. You have to put effort into it, and even if you do, sometimes it might just not happen. You don't just start pounding away and tell them they're going to like it, you have to build up to it and create the mood.

Mixed metaphors aside, the world will be a better place with Brooke Hogan kept away from television cameras.

Last night on IW, they started things off with Bully Ray initially calling out Hulk Hogan. Brooke comes out to Hogan's music, eventually, and gets into the ring with Ray. They make it seem as though they're trying to have something of a "private conversation" at first while conveniently keeping the mic high enough so as to make out what they're saying. Brooke tells Ray that her father knows about them and something about pictures. More than once during the segment, Ray says something to the effect that there's nothing for Hogan to know because there is no us.

Now, Ray shoved his tongue down Brooke's throat last week. I have a feeling that TNA is going to go down the path of Brooke somehow thinking that now she & Ray are an item because of said kiss. It just gave me a kind of vibe that TNA could be going for an angle somewhat like AJ Lee in which Brooke takes a "passionate kiss" out of context and gets all clingy while becoming more unbalanced as the weeks progress.

TNA might not go down that route at all. It's merely the feeling I get with Ray going the route of stating that there is no relationship with Brooke while Brooke obviously believes otherwise.

I was thinking the samething myself when I was watching it and though most WWE marks will say "TNA is copying WWE again" I actually think its wise to have this storyline with her and Ray. Bully is one of my favorite characters TNA has now and Brooke is a better actor than her Dad so to me it is fun. I watch TNA but im not a fanatic about it. I will probably miss a couple shows a month if Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are NEW episodes BUT this little storyline that they have going on with Brooke and Ray coupled with the Sons of Anarchy, I mean Aces and 8's actually has me more excited to watch TNA than I have been in the past.

I am NOT what you would call a WWE mark but it is my preference of the two shows, however I WANT TNA to succeed and get bigger because I just love wrestling and these two storylines have me WANTING to watch TNA more religiously.

So if they go the route of Brooke being a crazy chick, I will be all for it.

C'mon, guys, Brooke is okay... She's a far cry from the masculine girl she was once and she has a shapely figure and nice eyes. Not only would I hit that, I would LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIP that...

Having just said that, we don't need another "Crazy AJ". Personally, I believe that we didn't need the first one, because it was more than a little cheesy.

We also don't need more of Brooke. Having Hulk gradually "selecting" from a group of guys who'll main-event is bad enough, but now TNA is pulling this shit with the women too? Enough! Hogan has milked the Hulkamania-titty dry.

Great. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of Stephanie. And how damn stupid do you have to be consider this worse than Claire Lynch? This is a mere dating story. Claire Lynch was a large conspiracy that involved 2 wrestlers going out their way to sabotage one guy with a hooker, drugs and pregnancy. I hardly see how this can be so damn worse.

Good thing you aren't the guy TNA wants to satisfy. I certainly consider it more watchable than Garett Bischoff or Claire Lynch.

You exaggerated bloke. Because the Knockouts are so damn compelling right now, right? It might do more good than you think. She'd certainly be new blood to the women instead of rehashing every potential setup with the ones they do have. But of course we need to watch out for your interests.

I get it. It's not that good a story. But it's not as "oh Jesus Christ how can you exist and allow this to happen" as you make it out to be. So stop being so damn exaggerated.

Question should be "could Brooke Hogan become a talented chick"? Look this is no where near as bad as the Claire Lynch debacle. For me, I can't follow where they're trying to go with this plot. It's like the writers decided to put Bully and Brooke together and see what develops. It's a complete waste of Bully Ray's talent; I'd much rather see him in the A&8's than drift into this abysmal story. This needs to end in a hurry.

I find it amusing that the TNA apoligists said that the AJ Cena story was a ripoff of the Styles/Claire story. When I think about it the Bully Ray Brooke story is an exact copy.

Top Guy with a woman in power. as oposed to the AJ Styles which was just a random person he had an "affair" with. When will people learn that every possible storyline has been done before.

^ Not really.

Could Brooke become a "crazy chick"? No, I think she will become a "smart chick". She is obviously working for The Aces and Eights. She's making a rift between Hulk and Bully. When Tara and Jesse walked on Brooke and Bully, she was on him. When Hulk saw Brooke and Bully kissing, she started the kissing. She's getting Hulk even more mad at Bully. Even Bully said this week that nothing was going on.

Regardless of where it leads, it is going to suck major amounts of balls.

Brooke is shocking on tv in her role of whatever the fuck she is doing. Bully Ray and Brooke obviously are going to turn on Hulk. How this leads to a match between Hogan and Bully is beyond me as Hogan cannot simply wrestle Anymore to an acceptable level. And it isnt a face move to jhave somebody wrestle on his behalf.

Where TNA are going is anybodies guess, but this is only making Hulk a part of the main event picture which is a huge mistake, AGAIN

The problem with the whole storyline is Bully Ray isn't meant to be the underdog love interest in a soap opera style storyline. He should be out there brawling and kicking ass. It's what he's good at. If you gotta put him in a love triangle he should be the douchebag boyfriend. As for Brooke trying to be a crazy chick it just wouldn't work. It would look forced and like they're trying to copy off WWE which among the casual fans is the biggest knock on TNA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So nepotism in wrestling has to go?

Okay, so you are telling me that the Rock, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Natalya, etc, didn't get their feet in the WWE door partly because of family connections? Each person I mentioned has a father in the HoF (except Neidhart). So, would any of these wrestlers have been given the ball to run with, if they were not children of Legends?

I am looking forward to seeing Richie Steamboat start appearing on "Raw" or "Smackdown", partly because of who his father is, WWE HoF, Ricky "The Dragon"Steamboat.

Hell, Vince McMahon had both his son, Shane, and his daughter, Stephanie, prominent in storylines, wrestling and as authority figures. Yet Shane was brilliant doing stunt matches, and Stephanie added something with her character.

Also, nepotism could also even extend to Triple H, but I'm sure you think that being married to the boss's daugther did nothing for his career!

These people mentioned above have got the same opportunities as Garrett and Brooke have, because of "association".

It happens all the time in wrestling, and you know what, it happens in a lot of jobs as well.

C'mon, guys, Brooke is okay... She's a far cry from the masculine girl she was once and she has a shapely figure and nice eyes. Not only would I hit that, I would LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIP that...

Having just said that, we don't need another "Crazy AJ". Personally, I believe that we didn't need the first one, because it was more than a little cheesy.

We also don't need more of Brooke. Having Hulk gradually "selecting" from a group of guys who'll main-event is bad enough, but now TNA is pulling this shit with the women too? Enough! Hogan has milked the Hulkamania-titty dry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides, the AJ being a "crazy chick" storyline has been done before. Mickie James played the "crazy chick" in her feud with Trish, and I think she was just as good in the role as AJ is.

I remember one night when Mickie took Ashley, Trish's BBF, hostage, and her facial expressions and voice were really convincing of having a "screw loose".

So, everyone praising AJ doing this storyline, the story has been done before, and probably before that too!

^ Not really.

Could Brooke become a "crazy chick"? No, I think she will become a "smart chick". She is obviously working for The Aces and Eights. She's making a rift between Hulk and Bully. When Tara and Jesse walked on Brooke and Bully, she was on him. When Hulk saw Brooke and Bully kissing, she started the kissing. She's getting Hulk even more mad at Bully. Even Bully said this week that nothing was going on.

I concur.

If you give it thought, who are the big guns in TNA who are likely to scupper Aces & Eights plans?
  • Hogan & Bully Ray - Lets use Brooke to distract them by playing them off each other.
  • Kurt Angle - Lets use Garrett & Brisco to distract him.
  • Sting - Was taken out.
  • Jeff Hardy - World Champion, so already too preoccupied to put any great efforts into thwarting you.
  • James Storm - Too preoccupied with the World Title and Bobby Roode to really care.
  • AJ Styles - Daniels & Kaz are doing your job for you.

TNA are stealing an old WWF storyline but it isn't anything to do with 'Crazy Chicks', it's to do with a certain Bilionaire Princess and her brother trying to yank the mat from under Vince's feet. As such, I can tolerate the soap opera antics for the moment as it does provide a layered explanation as to why the top faces haven't simply bonded together and obliterated this renegade faction. How Brooke and Garrett fill the roles made famous by the McMahon siblings then becomes the burning issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So nepotism in wrestling has to go?

Okay, so you are telling me that the Rock, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Natalya, etc, didn't get their feet in the WWE door partly because of family connections? Each person I mentioned has a father in the HoF (except Neidhart). So, would any of these wrestlers have been given the ball to run with, if they were not children of Legends?

I am looking forward to seeing Richie Steamboat start appearing on "Raw" or "Smackdown", partly because of who his father is, WWE HoF, Ricky "The Dragon"Steamboat.

Hell, Vince McMahon had both his son, Shane, and his daughter, Stephanie, prominent in storylines, wrestling and as authority figures. Yet Shane was brilliant doing stunt matches, and Stephanie added something with her character.

Also, nepotism could also even extend to Triple H, but I'm sure you think that being married to the boss's daugther did nothing for his career!

These people mentioned above have got the same opportunities as Garrett and Brooke have, because of "association".

It happens all the time in wrestling, and you know what, it happens in a lot of jobs as well.

Nepotism is the act of giving someone the gig regardless of merit, based simply on the fact you know them, and/or are related. So yes, nepotism in wrestling needs to go. Thanks for the history lesson, but I don't care about the list of performers you've listed, because I can just as soon give you the reverse of it in David and Reid Flair, Horace Hogan, Erik Watts, Dustin Rhodes (early WCW), Brian Lawler and Shane McMahon, who despite his moments of popularity, was pushed over much more experienced, much more valuable wrestlers throughout his "career".

Fact is, these men have positions in TNA over much more credible, much more valuable performers, based simply on the fact that they are related to guys with more pull in the back, and that practice is asinine and insulting.

At the end of the day, merit and dollar value are the only two factors that should influence the decisions a company makes – not the genetic lineage of a performer.

I don't know about a "crazy chick" but she'd be perfect for "that one bitch that's never on TV anymore". She'll nail it, I swear. I have an eye for people like that, I can just tell that she'll look GREAT not on TV. Role of her life. Shove an Oscar up her sugar walls - done-zo!

But no, seriously, she's another person I can't stand. Not because she's Hogan's daughter and he shoved her on TV and all that bullshit. Unlike the butt warriors in here, I don't exactly judge a performer by their moms and dads. I judge them by how they ... wait for it ... wait for it ... PERFORM!

Oh, that's fucking right! We forgot about that one! You know, the ONE thing that ACTUALLY matters? Quality work? Shit!

Yeah ...

So based on that, I don't want Brookie anywhere. Crazy, normal I really don't care. The woman is more useless than rubber lips on a woodpecker. Replace her with an office chair or a log. Strap a wig on it and boom - you got yourself another Brooke Hogan, same quality you just don't have to pay the log nothing because they're humble like that.

TNA has been pretty good lately so right now I have faith that this storyline will turn out okay. I figure this will lead to Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan being behind Aces and Eights and put Bully Ray back into the World Title scene with Brooke by his side.

No. Just no. Brooke has no experience in the wrestling business because she only just entered, she is a bad actor (she makes the whole thing look like bull-squirt) and we don't know yet what she would be like if she had the whole "crazy chick" persona.

It could turn out bad like the Clare Lynch crap or it could (unlikely) go well. We don't know and neither does TNA, they can't risk it, if the whole thing goes bust it could affect TNA and they can't afford to take another hit like this yet again. Its happened too many times.

So again, NO.

wait!! didn't someone already post a thread on this shit? if so why are we re-visiting it again, HOGAN NOR HIS DAUGHTER AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE!!!! so just shut up about it and enjoy the program, if not, there's other things on tv to watch.

As a few have already stated here ... this storyline is a complete and utter disaster.

Nobody in the audience cares at all ... it feels even worse than the Lynch debacle and it is just more and more Hogan overkill.

They have had Bully Ray and Austin Aries both mixed up in it with Hulk Hogan ... three legit top tier stars ... and it still completely and totally sucks. That means it falls on ONE person ... Brooke Hogan.

She can't act. Everyone knows she is there just because her dad is with the company. It is clear that nobody really wants to work with her. They are appearing to take it the crazy girl route (as JH said) and push Bully even more into the face realm ... but none of it makes any sense or even gets any cares out of me.

I think they are invested in it though ... so they obviously are going to drag it out a while ... but it is probably the worst thing going on wrestling television right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back