CM Punk WINS The WWE Championship!!! Cena fired???

I just loved it dude. The match was fantastic, the finish was so well done, with the montreal tease, Cena losing for being a good guy, and Del Rio not even wasting the briefcase. The way he ran in and got kicked in the skull. And Punk's Smile. What a fantastic ending to a PPV. I went to F4W to read what Dave Meltzer had to say about it, cause it's top notch MOTY candidate in my books. But F4W is down. They Broke the internet.

This was awesome.
Happy to be a pro-wrestling fan and i feel rewarded for putting up with all the bullshit skits, lame storylines and goofy promos.

Plus, Bryan Danielson won. The American Dragon won the MITB Briefcase. Vince is having fun giving the "ten percenters" boners.

I read an idea that tomorrow night, Cena will come out with the ripped up contract CM Punk had last week (all taped up though) and Vince will sign it, saying CM Punk is required to be on the following week's Raw. If not that, I have no idea what they'll do.

I have no idea what other people thought of this PPV, but it was easily the most invested I have been in anything wrestling related in a long time. And props to WWE, they had us all hooked, had us all guessing, and in a way hoping that they wouldn't "drop the ball", and they didn't. They have hit a home run here and if Raw doesn't draw at least a 4.0 tomorrow, I really think that wrestling is probably never going to be cool again.

As for MITB stealing show of the year...I definitely enjoyed that more than Wrestlemania. So for me, yes.

What happens next? For the first time in 13 years, we don't know. And that's probably the best thing about this, and has been from the beginning. They're working us and we can't help but love it. It's what wrestling should be.

Props.

But this firing is more legit, When Cena was first fired it was his own decision, it was because he lost to Nexus, Now this time Vince McMahon himself set up the own stipulation for Cena to be fired if he loses, and not to mention Cena attacking John Laurenitis, he's not going to let Cena back into the WWE that easy. But this may just be the end of the PG Era, and with RAW lacking a top face, who knows, Brand Extension might just end and RAW and SmackDown will go from Brands to Shows.

One fucking good Pay-Per-View.

I was actually shocked!. Although I do believe Punk has signed some sort of contract with the 'E, otherwise he wouldn't really have any storyline whatsoever. Let alone one for the WWE Title. I look forward to RAW, should be one hell of a show!

Well idk what to say except i hope Cena being fired translates into the needed time off to rest his few minor injurys so he isnt out for WM.

As for CM punk he HAS to sign an extension until at least Summerslam. Or WWE could fucking get over themselves and let the man keep his fucking name. Its a name he came up with and its his character.

Punk is the top anything in the company, even for a hometown crowd it was insane the pop he got when he won. Insane.

That pop was shared worldwide. This is the biggest thing to happen to the WWE that I can remember, screw montreal, screw Hogan slamming Andre, screw Nexus. This is it.

I personally believe that Punk has an extension up until atleast summerslam, or a little bit after. This feels alot like the Jeff Hardy situation where he won the title even though everyone knew he was leaving.

In terms of the PPV, it was an amazing show. It had many twists and turns, i mean who had Daniel Bryan winning the money in the bank?? Secondly that was one of the best Cena involved matches. It didnt feel like a typical Cena match where he gets his ass kicked then magically comes back. It was back and forth all the way. The attempted screw job was well done, and even the attempted cash in was good and makes sense that punk would run with the title through the crowd.

Somehow have to believe Cena will somehow get a rematch at summerslam, because what else do they got at this point? Great night for the WWE

I must say CM Punk's win was absolutely genius. How many people are going to tune in to Monday Night Raw to see what happens next? Just about every wrestling fan in the world (including the ones who had stopped watching). I bet this is going to generate more casual fans.

And by the way, Cena just WRESTLED his best match ever. I know it was because of who he was in the ring with, but this was exactly what Cena needed. He is constantly criticized about being a shitty wrestler, so this might give him a little credibility in the ring.

THAT WAS A FUCKING AMAZING MATCH. I was freaking out when Punk won the title and it was such a fucking great moment especially with the AMAZING atmosphere with the crowd Loving every single second of the match and they EXPLODED when Punk won the title. Where will it go from here? I have No Idea but I do know that Raw is going to be Extremely Interesting in the coming weeks.

It was the right call to make and it ended with a great cliffhanger. What does this mean for Cena? Will he be "fired"? Does this mean that Punk really has signed a new deal with WWE? Has he signed just an extension? If this doesn't pop a rating for Raw tomorrow night, then you certainly can't blame WWE for it. They did everything right with this match, this angle and this ppv as a whole.

I read an idea that tomorrow night, Cena will come out with the ripped up contract CM Punk had last week (all taped up though) and Vince will sign it, saying CM Punk is required to be on the following week's Raw. If not that, I have no idea what they'll do.

That is absurd. Just because Vince signs the contract doesn't mean that Punk has to show up to sign the contract.

Also to the 90 day stipulation on the title is there anything in the stipulation that says Punk has to defend the title against a WWE opponent and/or in a WWE ring? He could wrestle at a RoH or regional event through a loop hole.

I think this match was 5/5, 10/10, A* etc.

The wrestling was top notch and both men came off great. Vince McMahon comes out, looking very, very pissed off indeed. That moment with John, the one that isn't Cena, where he attempts to ring the bell, with Cena stopping him was great. Cena deserved not to be fired for the fact that he wanted the match to end clean. He brought on his own loss, which, as much of a shame as it is for him gave Punk the win & the Title. Vince working himself through the Announce Table was a good one, with bringing out Del Rio. However, Punk had prepared himself for all possibilities and he came out the best of the night.

Top class match, top class PPV.

This was one of the best Main Event endings and PPV endings in a long time. Cena stopping a screw job, Del Rio running to the ring full steam to save the title but getting kicked in the head, CM Punk blowing Vince a kiss goodbye before running into the crowd... so many good things.

I haven't been this interested in what will happen next since Nexus last year! This is really fun.

All I can say first is that I can't believe it actually went down the way it down. From Cena not wanting CM Punk to be screwed, to Punk actually getting a cleam 1-2-3 in his home town to win The WWE Championship, to kicking Alberto Del Fuckhead's head off before leaving in a sea of fans while NO ONE knows what's going to happen tomorrow. THAT'S called unpredictability at it's finest and WWE got everything right tonight.

As far as the future, I can see Cena possibly being fired and being gone for a few months, Punk dissapears and begins defending the belt in ROH or something as planned for a much bigger angle in development while Del Rio is crowned The WWE Champion(with a completely new title belt) considering that the current champion isn't under contract and Del Rio being the closest thing since he has his MITB breifcase.

The match was great and most of all has made me very excited to see raw tomorrow. They did a tremendous job with everything, the attempted screwjob only for it to backfire, del rio coming down and getting booted and Punk leaving it makes me very excited to see what happens next.

Outside of that I think it was one of their best PPV's in a long time and its nice they did something that gets people talking again. Kudo's to the WWE.

In terms of what comes next, I would personally like to see a 16 man raw tournament to crown a new champion. All the while seeing Punk cutting promos with the belt in front of ROH or even TNA shows, sorta like the DX promos attempting to invade WCW. The finals of the tournament would take place at summerslam. A champion would be crowned and as he is celebrating you see Punk in the crowd posing with the real championship. Sets up a feud between the two champions.

That is absurd. Just because Vince signs the contract doesn't mean that Punk has to show up to sign the contract.

Also to the 90 day stipulation on the title is there anything in the stipulation that says Punk has to defend the title against a WWE opponent and/or in a WWE ring? He could wrestle at a RoH or regional event through a loop hole.

Grindy, last week on RAW in Boston, Punk brought out his new contract that his 'lawyers' drew up for him. Punk said he had already signed it and just needed Vince to sign off on it.

so that point to shot down makes sense. FYI.

great show tonight by the WWE. well worth the $$ shelled out for it.

God that was amazing. I can't remember a crowd popping like that in a LONG time. I would urge all you attitude era fans to compare it to any pop of the era. Was it hometown pop? Yup. But it was also a heel.

Fucking astounding match. The greatest wrestlers in the world bring out the best in their opponents. Punk worked Cena like a mule...Cena is good, but at the end of the day, when you can name his classics as vs. HbK, vs. Jericho, and vs. Punk, it's clear they made him look great.

Punk has never disappointed me, as a fan. His work is always astounding. Whether it is his work in ROH (I loved the bit of him leaving with the ROH title to the Big Bad 'E, and I think this angle is playing out much the same), his work in "ECW" , his work on Smackdown (he carried that fucking show until the 3/4 dead carcass of Mark Calloway buried him-no pun intended), and now his recent success on Raw. He made the Royal Rumble for me, had an awesome feud with Orton, and now has put together THE fued of the year, and possibly decade. I mean this much buildup, twitter trending, yadda yadda yadda...he, and the WWE, pulled out all the stops, and put together a fucking amazing show.

He deserves this. Even if it's only for a month, even if it's only for a night, he deserves this.

CM Punk is the champion of the biggest wrestling company's flagship brand.

Awesome. Just awesome.

For the first time in a LONG time I feel fully satisfied with the money I paid for this PPV. Not just because Punk won (although that has alot to do with it) but also the way the whole night unfolded. WWE hit the nail on the head with this one.

CM PUNK FTW!!!

The 90 day stip states that Punk or any WWE Superstar who leaves the company cannot compete in any other promotion for 90 days. This was done to eliminate situations like Luger, Hall, and Nash showing up in WCW so soon after being seen on WWE programming. The only way Punk will appear in ROH or any other promotion is if Vince gave it the green light well in advance.

That was one of the best Pay Per Views I've ever seen in my life. Capped off by the greatest match since Taker vs. HBK. I doubt Cena will be out mainly because let's put it simply we had Punk vs. Mysterio two months ago and thier is now other face on RAW right now as Morrison is injured. Definitely hyped to watch Raw tomarrow which should be the sign of a good pay per view.

I'm thinking this leads to Vince just creating a new title, with a tournament to decide the new champion at Summerslam. In the meantime Punk is gone for a while maybe even defends the title on a ROH show, who knows. Eventually when Punk comes back it can lead to a huge epic title unification match between Punk and Cena. Might be a longshot but im interested. Can't wait to see what happens next. WWWYKI BRO!!!!!!!!!!

That was simply amazing. Great match to cap off a great PPV.

Punk and Cena delivered in that match. I thought it was going to be average at best, but it was so much more. The kickouts, the atmosphere, the story, it was epic. That was one of Punk`s best matches in his WWE career and one of Cena`s best as well. Vince and Johnny Ace being thwarted by Cena was friggin sweet and Del Rio getting decked post-match by Punk was awesome too.

And seeing Punk hold that title high and escaping through the crowd that loved him with the title was such a great moment for me to witness. I`m so stoked for RAW tomorrow. I have no idea what`s gonna happen now with no Cena or Punk.

Thank you WWE for a phenomenal PPV.

I don't know what happens tomorrow, and man is it a great feeling! There's so much potential for this storyline, and I don't see how they could screw it up now (though it is WWE...). I see some kind of ROH appearance(s) for Punk, bragging about leaving the biggest wrestling company in the world with their championship, and someone from WWE chasing him down, following him from show-to-show to get it back. Probably Cena. Perhaps Bryan? I mean, he did just win a briefcase, though supposedly for a WHC shot, not a WWE Title shot, but maybe Vince bends the rules for him? Besides, Bryan would actually be over with an ROH crowd, whereas Cena would get murdered in the parking lot. That's probably wishful thinking, but I'd love to see it. Well done WWE, now don't screw this up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back