• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk must be doing some serious ass kissing

Little "Sign Guy" Jimmy;3302643 said:
"We Are One" wasn't made specifically for the Nexus. It was originally on the 12 Stones EP "The Only Easy Day was Yesterday" and I had heard it on the radio before The Nexus, which made me all the more psyched that it was used.

Well it's one song out of a hundred which is why they rarely use them.

"This Fire Burns" was actually originally Randy Orton's theme, which he used once on Smackdown before reverting to "Burn in My Light" by Mercy Drive - both "Burn in My Light" and "This Fire Burns" were on the respective bands albums, and were not made for the WWE.

"Just Close Your Eyes" by Waterproof Blondes was released commercially also. If Christian could get a commercial theme back in '04 when Vince saw nothing in him, I doubt it was that hard for Punk to get a theme that has lyrics which fit his character down to a tee.

Here is Sly trolling anything to do with Punk again... Come on man just enjoy what you see on the show and stop thinking so much into it.

I doubt he can get his lips on there with Cena and Dwayne's big steroid ridden heads in the way.

In all seriousness though, the idea that Punk made it to where he is without playing by any of the rules is almost as misguided as any of Sly's posts on the subject.

I don't believe anyone is saying that Punk didn't "play by the rules". We're saying he didn't kiss McMahon's ass on his way to the top. Which, believe it or not, has been done by several people before.

I don't think Cena is an ass kisser either though, considering how outspoken he's been on Twitter in the past about creative decisions he hasn't agreed with. He's criticized McMahon and company publicly before for their handling of things like the Daniel Bryan firing, or never giving Zack Ryder TV time. Cena is just such a big entity and draw for them though that he can get away with saying this shit, he doesn't have to kiss McMahon's ass.

"Just Close Your Eyes" by Waterproof Blondes was released commercially also. If Christian could get a commercial theme back in '04 when Vince saw nothing in him, I doubt it was that hard for Punk to get a theme that has lyrics which fit his character down to a tee.

Considering Waterproof Blonde's music is so hard to come by online, I'm not surprised it was just simply picked up by WWE. Sean O'Haire was also commercial by Waterproof Blonde.

I don't believe anyone is saying that Punk didn't "play by the rules". We're saying he didn't kiss McMahon's ass on his way to the top. Which, believe it or not, has been done by several people before.

To play devils advocate. Punk was going nowhere and/or regressing up until he started fondling on Austin's balls. Sure Punk "kept it real" in the past but did he even keep the rights to his name? He might not have put his lips on it but he at least blew it a proverbial air kiss across the room.

I don't think Cena is an ass kisser either though, considering how outspoken he's been on Twitter in the past about creative decisions he hasn't agreed with. He's criticized McMahon and company publicly before for their handling of things like the Daniel Bryan firing, or never giving Zack Ryder TV time. Cena is just such a big entity and draw for them though that he can get away with saying this shit, he doesn't have to kiss McMahon's ass.

Cena doesn't have to kiss ass now. I'd bet a fortune he did on the way up though. He is still a company line guy more often than not. When he isn't at least half the time it comes off less rebellious and more as a work designed to try and build his fanbase.

- WWE reportedly offered CM Punk a five-year deal at one point. No word yet if what he ended up signing was for that long.

Regarding Punk and Vince McMahon, it's said that Punk now has Vince's ear when it comes to ideas. It was described as similar to Shawn Michaels year ago when he began moving up in the company and Vince would bounce ideas off Shawn, or Shawn would suggest ideas to Vince.

Partial source: PWInsider
In an ideal world.

If Vince and Punk really do have a working relationship like that (and from what we've seen so far in this angle it appears that way), it can only lead to good things. Punk has a great mind for this business.

God, I can't wait to see where this is going. I could totally see Punk convincing Vince to bring the Kings of Wrestling and Colt Cabana and form some new ROH stable alongside Daniel Bryan and maybe even Seth Rollins/Tyler Black in the future. That would be so awesome.

If Vince and Punk really do have a working relationship like that (and from what we've seen so far in this angle it appears that way), it can only lead to good things. Punk has a great mind for this business.

God, I can't wait to see where this is going. I could totally see Punk convincing Vince to bring the Kings of Wrestling and Colt Cabana and form some new ROH stable alongside Daniel Bryan and maybe even Seth Rollins/Tyler Black in the future. That would be so awesome.

Uh, I couldnt

Because Punk and stables work so well?:disappointed:

If they associated a bunch of new guys with Punk and some of them didn't take off, it would really reflect negatively on him. Making him look like a guy with too much backstage power destroys the outsider image they are working on.
Fresh blood from ROH might be a positive, but connecting them too strongly with Punk could really backfire.

Uh, I couldnt

Why not? This last month the WWE has flat out replicated one of the best ROH angles on a bigger scale, going so far as to acknowledge that promotion, Cabana, and even use his ROH heel theme music "Cult of Personality" as his new theme song, which must've cost them quite the pretty penny. Pretty clearly Vince seems to be open to Punk's ideas, and I could see Punk trying to elevate himself and other ROH alumni as a result of this apparent new relationship they have together.

Because Punk and stables work so well?:disappointed:

The Second City Saints, the Gathering, and the Gold Bond Mafia all say hello.

Kinda mind boggling CM Punk fans usually act like they are the smartest nerds at the library but get so easily worked by the guy they would take it up the ass for. :p

Mickey Rooney?

mickey-rooney-sized.jpg

joey mercury is stale as shit, so does deuce and domino or did most of you forget how horrible smackdown was back then?

please dont let punk bring in those chumps back. give him a certain leeway in exposing guys like samoa joe, daniels and such but not in bringing back bland performers who already done fucked up in the company.

The problem with that ROH Stable idea is that outside of Colt Cabana, I doubt they would be doing jack shit after the stable/angle is done.

Why bring people in to an already overfilled roster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eboney
Kinda mind boggling CM Punk fans usually act like they are the smartest nerds at the library but get so easily worked by the guy they would take it up the ass for.

The Dragon Saga said:
That's not true.

I'd take it in the mouth, ear and nose for him too.

LMFAO. I was about to post something really similar. Saved me the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back