• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumor: Possible Problems Between Punk & WWE

"Vince hates Punk."

Yeah, that's why Punk has held the title for over a year, cover on a video game, brought in Paul Heyman as his manager, main event PPVs, listens to Punks ideas, etc. Who do you think makes those decisions?

Vince likes Punk. Punk likes Vince. And this whole thing is a work.

Vince has such a huge ego that it eats at him and eats at him that Punk basically has made himself into what Punk is and that is success. Punk has never ever played by the rules,never to our knowledge has kissed vinnie macs ass and never will. I think punk has every right to be pissed.

As jackhammer as said,aftershow of the walking dead is where Punk is going to be. WWE of course has made no mention of this and if i didnt happen to catch a twitter response from punk i would have had no idea. If Cena were to be on the talking dead you better believe WWE would make leaps and bounds to make sure we all knew he was going to be there.

This is another example of WWE disrespecting their own champion(a champion who has held the strap for more than a year now.) Also to boot Punk is going to be the grand marshal again no mention of this. Vince is butthurt still about what happened last year,when punk aired out his grievances on live television.

I respect Vinnie Mac i really do,he is a genius but that man is an ultra control freak and takes his grudges literally to the grave.. Whoever said Vince is outta touch is one hundred percent correct!

there have been reports that have said people in wwe are proud of punk and what he is doing with his run as champion. my belief is no problems. either no problems or they want to rebuild some rebellious voice of the voiceless gimmick again.

Killam posted that it's possibly Punk/Taker at Mania 29. That breaking The Streak would cement his legacy. It sounds like Punk will keep the belt until then. At over 500 days by Mania, he will have held it the 4th longest in history, eclipsing Cena by about 125 days. Longer that Hogan's second longest WWE run. Longer than Savage. I don't think Punk would need to break The Streak to cement a legacy that included a top 5 longest reign in WWE history. But for that to happen, Punk needs to make sure he doesn't piss off Vince enough that he takes the belt off him. Whatever is in his contract, I doubt it will be enough to keep the belt if Vince doesn't want it.

Since all the belts have lost so much meaning compared to years past, I don't even think that would be considered as punishment. They could fine him, but that's pennies compared to what he's making. They could suspend him, but they'd lose a fortune on ticket sales. They could demote him to mid-card. But he's so over with the crowd, whatever program they put him in will vault to one of the top storylines.

I had initially thought it was real, but I think it's a work.

The only thing that would piss me off as a WWE official is the fact that Punk brought up his RR match against the Rock while being interviewed at the parade. Everyone knows it's going to happen, but the fact that he brought it up kind of spoils the outcome of his TLC match.

I'm disappointed that Punk's appearances have not received a large amount of hype. He is the current reigning WWE Champion. Both events are times where the WWE could gain a ton of great publicity. You'd think they would bring it up constantly to remind fans to check it out. Had it been Cena, Orton, or even Miz appearing then I guarantee that the announcers would be mentioning it in between each match on Raw. Had it not been for this thread, I wouldn't know about either one of them, and I moderate a WWE forum so one would assume my level of fandom is still quite up there. However, I do not have Twitter so anything they promote on there is useless effort to those of us who do not particupate in that network, and I haven't been on WWE.com much lately, most of the hyping should still be done onscreen. If something important is going to happen in terms of appearances it should be brought up on Raw and Smackdown. That is still where a lot of fans will be finding things out.

Any time that the WWE Champion, no matter who is currently holding the belt, is going to appear anywhere; these appearances need to be given a tremendous amount of hype. The champion represents the federation everywhere he goes and these are places that they could gain new fans. If the appearances are not hyped then it makes it look like they do not care. You should care about your federation's top champion and the publicity appearances he will be making. It's a huge mistake on WWE's part and these appearances both have been a much bigger deal had they been given the amount of attention that they deserved, everyone involved would have benefited more. Not that neither will be a big deal at all, they still are a big deal. It could have been a MUCH bigger deal is the point I am trying to make. It would be better for Punk, the Championship, the fans, WWE themselves, and those involved with The Talking Dead or the parade. It would be a situation where everyone wins, but WWE chose to not make it into as big of a deal as it could have been and in all honesty SHOULD have been.

The only thing that would piss me off as a WWE official is the fact that Punk brought up his RR match against the Rock while being interviewed at the parade. Everyone knows it's going to happen, but the fact that he brought it up kind of spoils the outcome of his TLC match.

I'm not sure if in modern times a wwe official would have too much reason to be annoyed with, let alone pissed off at something like that. I say that because, whether he is in character (like on Raw when he alluded to planning to hold the title til at least 2018) or being himself off of WWE television, he is supposed to come across as confident that he will keep it for a long time, which would include the Rumble. Sure, he could have said something along the lines of "if I have the title come rumble time I will be facing the Rock" but how often do we hear wrestlers (again in character or not) just say that they hope to win a match, especially when the wrestler is someone that portrays or actually has an off air personality like Punk has?

If you believe that Punk and the Vin man have problems you probably believe that last year his one promo wasn't a work-shoot. They may have disagreements but Vince does what's best for business.I believe the WWE is setting up a Punk(C) vs The Rock at WM but Cena finds a way to make it a triple threat match. The Rock is the great one and he interacted with Punk and Cena for the last 4 years. The Rock will lose that match to put either Punk or Cena over. The people who hate on the Rock for not being on Raw every week are dumb. Have to ask would you rather work minimum wage with alot of crap to do or get paid in a salary of 60,000 dollars doing half the work?????

My opinion is that their has likely been bad blood between CM PUNK and WWE since his last contract negotiations, so this is nothing new. As others have mentioned Vince is notorious for his grudges. But Vince also knows good business and has catered to Punk. But thinking down the line do we really believe Punk is a "legends contract" kinda guy. I'd be shocked if he is and the fact he won't be has got to irk McMahon. If anything Punk may do Indy dates with his friends after he accomplishes what he wants to and for that reason there will always be underlying problems between the two.

I don't know why people think that Punk ever had problems with company and company with Punk. We don't even know whats "Summer of Punk" about. He himself maybe aproached Vince with the idea when his contract was up and throw the angle on the table and we maybe just believe that it is more then just an angle by WWE. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of backstage friction between Punk and Vince. They don't like each other. Punk is a Heyman guy.

I think it is all a game honestly.

I don't know that Punk ever really had that much friction with Vinny Mac. I think it is definitely true that Vince was hesitant to go in the direction of the Hardy, Punk, Bryan type main eventers and there was probably some resentment from Punk ... but I definitely don't think there was really a hatred or any serious friction.

Just like anybody in any business, Punk wants to be the top guy ... and I am sure part of him feels like he can make as much money and be just as much the top guy in the company as John Cena ... and Vince no doubt diagrees with that.

That is just the way it goes between bosses and employees sometimes. But at the end of the day ... I think Vince and Punk probably get along pretty well and don't really butt heads all that much.

I think it is all a work considering the fact that wwe doesn’t let talent do anything outside the wwe without permission. Even if it wasn’t a work I would highly doubt either said would care at the end of the day. Punk got word out anyway and there seems to of been no backlash. They are making everything part of the storylines these days. Who really know and who really cares?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back