• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk must be doing some serious ass kissing

Listening to Punk on Bill Simmon's podcast yesterday, I'd be willing to bet there's almost zero chance that Punk has been "kissing ass". You should give it a listen Sly. In fact he literally says in exact words that he doesn't kiss ass and that's why he was initially fed up with how he was being used.

For once Vince, Haitch and company are giving one of the talents a chance to help come up with something creative on their own that involves their character. Been awhile since they've done that and I'm loving it.

Well it did bump the song on iTunes big time.

Its a 23 year old song that's getting public recognition now thanks to Punk. Hell, Living Coloyr might give them a break for making them relevant once more.

Allegedly he may be getting former stars like Cliff Compton(Also known as Domino from Deuce 'n' Domino and one of my favourite OVW talents.) signed back because apparently he has more pull now.

Surely there are plenty of other songs not made by Jim Johnson and co. being used as entrance music?

Or do the likes of Orton, Sheamus, Nexus, Ziggler and others not count as "original"?

Барбоса;3302157 said:
Surely there are plenty of other songs not made by Jim Johnson and co. being used as entrance music?

Or do the likes of Orton, Sheamus, Nexus, Ziggler and others not count as "original"?

I think that's because those songs were specifically made for themes of the wrestlers.

I liked Deuce and Domino. The gimmick was goofy, sure, but they were a solid tag team. They were never going to be a star tag team or anything, but they did a decent job of making other teams look better while still being able to hold their own in a match most of the time.

I loved their entrance and theme music and shit though. That was pure money. Plus hot Cherry on the rollerskates. The more I think about that gimmick the more I like it.

If Punk does have that kind of pull to bring some of his friends in then...here's my shortlist of people he should try to that for:

Samoa Joe
Colt Cabana
Hero/Castagnoli (they're already signed it seems, but I'll throw 'em in anyways)
Sara del fucking Rey
Serena Deeb
Joey Mercury

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Listening to Punk on Bill Simmon's podcast yesterday, I'd be willing to bet there's almost zero chance that Punk has been "kissing ass". You should give it a listen Sly. In fact he literally says in exact words that he doesn't kiss ass and that's why he was initially fed up with how he was being used.

You may be right, although that entire interview felt completely in-character. Everything from Punk claiming he didn't know until the day of the PPV that he was staying to him saying he doesn't kiss ass. Perhaps he doesn't, or perhaps he was trying to get his character over as a badass backstage who doesn't give a fuck.

I liked Deuce and Domino. The gimmick was goofy, sure, but they were a solid tag team. They were never going to be a star tag team or anything, but they did a decent job of making other teams look better while still being able to hold their own in a match most of the time.

I loved their entrance and theme music and shit though. That was pure money. Plus hot Cherry on the rollerskates. The more I think about that gimmick the more I like it.

If Punk does have that kind of pull to bring some of his friends in then...here's my shortlist of people he should try to that for:

Samoa Joe
Colt Cabana
Hero/Castagnoli (they're already signed it seems, but I'll throw 'em in anyways)
Sara del fucking Rey
Serena Deeb
Joey Mercury

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

There are a ton of strong rumors that Colt is going to WWE, and Mercury is working in FCW, I believe.

SDR to WWE would be pretty cool. It would be tragic to see what they would do to her, but it would be worth it for her vs. Nattie, Kong, and/or Beth.

Барбоса;3302157 said:

Or do the likes of Orton, Sheamus,
Nexus, Ziggler and others not count as "original"?

I think that's because those songs were specifically made for themes of the wrestlers.

"We Are One" wasn't made specifically for the Nexus. It was originally on the 12 Stones EP "The Only Easy Day was Yesterday" and I had heard it on the radio before The Nexus, which made me all the more psyched that it was used.

2 of Edge's themes, 2 of Takers themes, one of Victoria's and one of Hogan's theme's were commercial.If Victoria was able to nab a highly popular one like TATU's, then Punk getting his shouldn't have been so hard.

Now they just need to make Batista come back using Megadeth's "Crush 'Em".

2 of Edge's themes, 2 of Takers themes, one of Victoria's and one of Hogan's theme's were commercial.If Victoria was able to nab a highly popular one like TATU's, then Punk getting his shouldn't have been so hard.

Now they just need to make Batista come back using Megadeth's "Crush 'Em".

Wasn't Punk's last theme commercial too? Or was it made for WWE by Killswitch Engage, rather than made by KE then used by WWE? Bitty confused!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back