Christian is not championship material, YEAH I SAID IT

What is wrong with all of you haters? Uh, Christian deserves to be champion, Rey Mysterio is damn sure championship material and how dare you say that he has no in-ring skills? Every superstar there is championship material,they all work harder than any of us posters in this forum! They work us up every week and work hard to entertain us. Someone should shut you up!

Man this dude is nothing more than a mid carder, always has been. I watched him the first time he was in WWE. I watched him in TNA. He does not have the look or the skills of a champion. He is not impressive in the ring. However he is good on the mic, i will give him that.

Im getting so sick and tired of the WWE giving out charity belts. First they gave a world title to a dam cruiserweight Rey Mysterio just because Eddie died. Now because Edge retires & theyre gonna let Christian win it? What the hell is impressive about Christian in the ring? PLEASE TELL ME & BE HONEST.

I disagree with you. Christian has been WWE/world championship material for years, even before he left WWE and joined TNA. Edge & Christian were arguably one of the greatest and most entertaining tag teams of all time and Christian played just as much a part of that as multiple WWE champion, Edge. I disagree with you too about his in-ring skills. I happen to think that Christian is very tidy, very polished and can credibly hold his own against any opponent. I don't see it as a "charity belt". Christian has been knocking at the "main event" door for almost a decade. Putting the belt on him now makes perfect sense.

It also boils down to who else you think is worthy of wearing the gold? WWE isn't exactly brimming with main event (or even potential main event) material right now, is it?

I was a fan of edge and christian as a tag team,but as a single wrestler he seems bland. Not sure what it is but he just doesn't click with me, seems that something is missing. The only good thing is now that he has the title, people can stop saying how badly he needs to be champ.

Well you know everyone is entitled to their own opinion. He just doesnt interest me. He was a good tag team with Edge, but i have not been able to get into his matches as a singles wrestler. Hes funny on the mic at times. He has his moments. But im talking about his in ring ability. He is not a main eventer to me , but like another person said. They did let the Miz win it. And he is a down grade to Christian. I just always saw christian as a mid card type of wrestler and not a main eventer.

That's why you're not on the Creative Team.

Christian never has been, and never will be worthy of the Main Event, the WHC or the WWE Title. I don't understand how people find him entertaining, when he is the complete opposite. He has always seems to be forcing himself on the crowd more than anything else. Captain Charisma has always been a bad nick name for him, because he lacks it. His push to the main event in ECW and TNA didn't matter because neither of those companies or titles hold much meaning in comparison to the WHC and WWE Title.

Simply put Christian is trash

First off, that's why you also are not a member of WWE Creative.

Secondly, whether you, WWE, or anyone else wants to admit it, Christian is a five-time World Champion. The fact of the matter is, WWE does not determine what is and what isn't a World Championship. WWE, just like every other major wrestling company, takes the titles acknowledged by PWI as World Championships. That means the NWA World Heavyweight Championship and the ECW Championship mean just as much (whether anyone wants to admit it or not) as the WWE Championship or the World Heavyweight Championship. Whether WWE wants to acknowledge the ECW Championship as a World Championship on screen or not only matters on WWE Programming. Anywhere else, Christian is/will be recognized as a five-time Champion. There's a reason Vince gave him the ECW championship as his first WWE World Championship, and that was most likely to test the waters and see how he would be as World Champion.

What is wrong with all of you haters? Uh, Christian deserves to be champion, Rey Mysterio is damn sure championship material and how dare you say that he has no in-ring skills? Every superstar there is championship material,they all work harder than any of us posters in this forum! They work us up every week and work hard to entertain us. Someone should shut you up!

When have you ever heard me say Rey Mysterio has no in ring skill? I said he doesnt deserve to win a world title. He is a cruiserweight. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS. Putting him in matches with Batista is stupid, its not convincing having him beat him either. Its an insult to the business. Thats why the WWE shouldve kept the cruiserweight division. Cause soon we'll have sin cara winning a world title.

Christian never has been, and never will be worthy of the Main Event, the WHC or the WWE Title. I don't understand how people find him entertaining, when he is the complete opposite. He has always seems to be forcing himself on the crowd more than anything else. Captain Charisma has always been a bad nick name for him, because he lacks it. His push to the main event in ECW and TNA didn't matter because neither of those companies or titles hold much meaning in comparison to the WHC and WWE Title.

Simply put Christian is trash
Omg thank you. Excellent post except TNA does know how to recruit talent. R-Truth, Gail Kim, and Awesome Kong came from there all of them were world champions there. But you are absolutely right about Christian. The WWE just gave him that belt because Edge retired and everyone knows it. They also gave it to him because Del Rio was going to Raw. They didnt want both belts on Raw.

Oh snap, somebody just committed IWC suicide! Christian isn't my favourite either, but having eleventy thousand guys on Wrestlezone vouch for him daily is something you have to respect. Most guys here REALLY know what they're talking about.

While IMO (which I am entitled to) he isn't the greatest superstar ever, he is ten times better than half the horseshit getting a push right now. Let's break it down and compare:

He is a very good wrestler. As a big guy myself, I pop like crazy for high flying featherweights doing moves I never could, but this isn't Lucha Libre and Christian is very versatile. Compared to the Miz, this guy is a fucking Hercules!

I think he has good mic skills. Isn't the point of mic skills to entertain and tell a story? The reaction he gets from the crowd makes up for not being the most eloquent guy in there. I think Del Rio had amazing scripts, but he didn't get the same reactions.

Although I'm not sure what Christian's gimmick is (Captain Charisma doesn't count), his look isn't bad. Hell, Sheamus held a major title. Ditto Swagger, who looks like a ******. Ditto that fugly SOB, unmasked Kane. And R-Truth's gimmick (I think) is being super black, so Christian doesn't compare badly.

Like him or not, you have to at least concede that Christian is better than most, but kudos for having the balls for sticking to your beliefs.

Rtruth is miles better than Christian they were in TNA together. R-truth was a heel there and world champion (twice). Thats why i dont see why everyone is shocked hes such a good heel now. Hes been good and he is a main eventer. Creative is the one that made him out as if he sucks like some midcarder. They made him lose to heels 2/3 times in a row, and to make it so bad they made him lose clean to HEELS. He shouldnt have been a face in the 1st place. The dude is also a good worker in the ring. I hate his finisher the WWE gave him. They also limited his moveset. But he really is good. Youll see at over the limit. Christians gimmick captain charisma does suck pretty hard. Christian is alright on the mic but thats about it. Alot of people thought his match with del rio was great, but i dont. I give it about a 5/10

I agree. I like Christian a lot and respect him for everything he has done for the WWE over the years but I don't go along with giving sombody the World Heavyweight Championship because they have given a lot to the WWE for many years. There has been plenty of past wrestlers who have given a lot to the WWE and have not become Champion. Some still around like Golddust, Regal, Mark Henry.. (two of those definitely have the in ring and mic skills to become Champ) I would like Christian to become IC Champion and bring back some credibility to that title..

I am not saying I would not want him to have at least one WHC run because I actually would..I just don't really count him as a main event Heavyweight Champion who can go on and have countless title reigns and be at the top of the pile for the rest of his career.

Youre on point. I wouldnt mind the guy winning a U.S title or IC title. But hes not main event material.

Completely agree. Christians best run in the company was when Edge carried him through the Tag ranks as Edge & Christian.

This is fact people. He has never done anything memorable since. I like the guy, but he is a solid mid carder and nothing more.

realbrutha, ur head is so far up ur ass its gone back above ur shoulders.
you just hate on everyone except R-Truth. I dont understand you. Christian is a good wrestler, who has he injured? nobody. Does he always get a good reaction from the crowd? yes. does he botch often? NO.

you're entitled to ur own opinion, but man, get over ur R-Truth dreams, he isn't gonna win the world championship anytime soon. and as a heel; R-Truth isn't great, he's good, maybe even very good, but still not great.

And I'm pretty sure everyone here is starting to get sick of you.

Yeah I never really viewed him as a main event champion that can carry a brand. I always thought he was just a very good mid card wrestler.
Lets be honest the only reason he became the world champ was because Edge retired.

Sorry...Christian's just a transitional champion. His In ring skills are average, his mic skills are average. The Miz is much more entertaining than him. He's a solid mid carder, thats all. He's no where NEAR main event. He doesn't people in seats, he's not a merchandise ****e, he's nothing. He just got it because of Edge. The only memorable things he's done was his tag team matches with Edge, this thread is full of Christian marks. Open your eyes, he's crap. And to realbrutha's R-truth love, hell I'd think R-Truth would make a better world champion, just saying.

Sorry...Christian's just a transitional champion. His In ring skills are average, his mic skills are average. The Miz is much more entertaining than him. He's a solid mid carder, thats all. He's no where NEAR main event. He doesn't people in seats, he's not a merchandise ****e, he's nothing. He just got it because of Edge. The only memorable things he's done was his tag team matches with Edge, this thread is full of Christian marks. Open your eyes, he's crap. And to realbrutha's R-truth love, hell I'd think R-Truth would make a better world champion, just saying.

The bold is where I stopped reading your post. Christian is miles ahead of Miz in both in ring years, and talent. The Miz is very bland when he is in the ring. None of his moves are impressive, or innovative.

The Miz has taken several moves from other wrestlers, and just made them look weaker, for example when was the last time you cringe when you saw the Miz hit anyone with his backbreaker/neckbreaker combo?

And don't get me started about the difference in the match quality at Extreme Rules when it came to Christian's ladder match, and Miz's 3-way match. What did the Miz do compared to the guys that carried JoMo and John Cena? Nothing. Miz is very dull and unimpressive in the ring.

But I digress, I might be a Christian mark but it doesn't take a Teloscope to see Miz is a guy who clearly needs to work on his ring work. He is very steady and isn't a botch machine like Sin Cara. But that is mainly because his move-set is pretty much idiot proof.

Back onto the main point Christian is Main-event written all over him. Him and Del Rio had the greatest match Sunday night. He works hard and clearly has strong supporters in creative. Only thing that is holding him back is Vince who doesn't want a Face champion the size of Christian. Only exception was obviously Rey Mysterio and Shawn Michaels.

Vince feels that a little guy heel like Miz can get more heat getting cheap wins every week so they can get fed to the Monster face like Edge, Orton, or Cena is just plain dumb. If Christian were to turn into a full fledged main-eventer, and into Vince's good graces. The IWC wouldn't mind, and hell Christian wouldn't mind.

Anyone who thinks Christian sucks in the ring is blind. The guy is versatile. He has high flying cross body moves, the springboard sunset flip, back breakers, DDT's. He uses a wide range of offence and he's fluid with them. He's also good at selling. He's also very good on the mic and has humour. There aren't many guys that can compare. People think he isn't a Main Eventer because of his size, but look at The Miz or Bret "The Hitman" Hart. They aren't that big themselves. Christian has also jumped to TNA and has won two NWA World Championships when the competitors were Kurt Angle, Sting and Samoa Joe. He was a Main Eventer there. He came back to WWE and he was the top guy on the ECW brand with two ECW title reigns. The ECW brand may have seemed like a demotion, but look at the quality of matches he had and the way he carried his title. He showed what a good Champion is supposed to be. Also, he has a great amount of fans behind his back. He shows a lot of emotion and passion in the ring. I don't know what more he has to do to show that he is Main Event material. Clearly, it's favouritism on Vince McMahon's part that he doesn't see Christian as the Main Eventer that he should be. That's the key problem. You never know unless you give Christian a chance to shine as World Heavyweight Champion. They took a chance with John Cena and who knew he'd get over as WWE Champion with a rap gimmick?

Christian is pretty average in the ring especially as a face... He's not as good as the top guys in the company but he is more versatile than Mysterio, Kane etc. - and since there really only are 4 main guys in the company he is pretty much the only guy who has been around long enough to have the experiance while bringing something a bit fresh to the main event scene. Therefore those saying he isn't good enough to be in the main event scene are wrong not because Christian is anything special but because they are massively overating the ability of the main eventers in the company excl. Cena.

Like I alluded to he plays the role of heel better and his mic work before he left WWE as 'Captain Charisma' was pretty good and atm gets a fairly good reaction from fans. Also anyone who watched this weeks SD will probably realise that WWE's plans are gonna have Christian turn heel on Orton and culminate in a main event fued, so we will all be able to sit back and see who is on the right side of the argument after a month or 2.

Anybody who can sit here with a straight face and say Miz is main event material but Christian is not, has absolutely no credibilty whatsoever. You must have started watching wrestling 3 years ago, or your a complete WWE mark. Judging from how many of you think the programming is actually entertaining or going in the right direction, there are some seriously blind sheeple here who eat the wwe way of thought top to bottom.

Now Im not going to sit here and say Christian is a phenomenal talent, but to say the Miz is better than him any way, shape, or form is laughable. Miz didnt carry anything the last few months. He was a terrible champion and wwe had to get The Rock and insert him in the program as much as possible to sell a match he wasnt even in. Christian despite being buried, has many more fans than Miz, and has constitently put on better performances and matches. The fact that Vince would even place Miz in the same league as Cena, HHH, Orton, Taker on any of the top guys, shows he is going delusional.

I dont know how people can say Christian dosent draw, when he hasnt had a chance to and has been buried since he came back. Look how many fans have come to support him. Nobody gave 3 sh*ts about Miz until the WWE machine hyped him to no end. The wwe gave him the title to help him get over. Even after 5 months, he still isnt over and isnt taken seriously. Miz has never performed at main event level at any point in his career. But apperantly he knows how to kiss ass well.

Christian on the otherhand has practically been an uncrowned champion for 6 years. True 'WRESTLING' fans see this and thats why they were upset over this week's events. Vince is simply holding Christian back because of things like his run in TNA. Please, people said Kane wasnt championship material yet he held it for 5 months, they didnt even give Christian 2 full days. This is pure politics.

Look how far The Miz has come in his short time in the WWE? And Christian is just now getting his shot at a title run..

That says something. He must not be backstage savy if he is the super wrestler everyone on this board seems to portray him as.

Don't get me wrong he is a great talent in my opinion and has put in his time and been entertaining over the years but besides the tag team ladder matches and a short world title run, he doesn't have much to show for all his time in the WWE.

Proceed to tell me how stupid I am Christian homers.

Look how far The Miz has come in his short time in the WWE? And Christian is just now getting his shot at a title run..

That says something. He must not be backstage savy if he is the super wrestler everyone on this board seems to portray him as.

Don't get me wrong he is a great talent in my opinion and has put in his time and been entertaining over the years but besides the tag team ladder matches and a short world title run, he doesn't have much to show for all his time in the WWE.

Proceed to tell me how stupid I am Christian homers.

Your not stupid at all, you just simply have a lack of understanding between the difference on how Miz earned his title, and how Christian earned his title shot. And that difference is Vince likes the Miz, while on the other hand dislikes Christian.

Vince made it very clear that him and the Miz had a love affair ever since Miz was a finalist on Tough Enough. While Edge and Christian were dominating the tag team divison. When Edge and Christian split, Edge went on to the Main Event scene while Christian had to sit on the back burner because Vince made it clear he didn't like him.

Meanwhile he gave Miz every single chance to win over the crowd. Hell, he was even the "Host" of Smackdown. Constantly was the Miz was forced down our throats. He was given far more chances to build and established a legacy with the WWE. And when TNA came a knocking on Christians front door, saying that he could be a main-eventer, a world champion, he ended up bringing a spike of ratings to TNA.

Reason why Christian's WWE career is not as great as The Miz's, is not because of Christian, it is because of Vince.

Your not stupid at all, you just simply have a lack of understanding between the difference on how Miz earned his title, and how Christian earned his title shot. And that difference is Vince likes the Miz, while on the other hand dislikes Christian.

Vince made it very clear that him and the Miz had a love affair ever since Miz was a finalist on Tough Enough. While Edge and Christian were dominating the tag team divison. When Edge and Christian split, Edge went on to the Main Event scene while Christian had to sit on the back burner because Vince made it clear he didn't like him.

Meanwhile he gave Miz every single chance to win over the crowd. Hell, he was even the "Host" of Smackdown. Constantly was the Miz was forced down our throats. He was given far more chances to build and established a legacy with the WWE. And when TNA came a knocking on Christians front door, saying that he could be a main-eventer, a world champion, he ended up bringing a spike of ratings to TNA.

Reason why Christian's WWE career is not as great as The Miz's, is not because of Christian, it is because of Vince.

Wrestling is a business.
Vince McMahon is the boss.
The Miz must have shown something for the boss to like him.
Christian must have show something for the boss to dislike him.

Thats how a job works. Wrestling isn't as much about your in ring merits in the WWE as it is about how you can navigate your way up the ladder backstage. The Miz and Alberto Del Rio have done so quickly, thats why they have been pushed so early.

Can't blame The Miz for obviously doing something right to make Vince feel safe in making him top heel in the company.

Bottom line is Christian will get the title back but it won't be a legendary title run like the Christian homers would like to see. Christian is a great talent like I said before but he can't put the company on his back like The Miz, Randy Orton or Triple H.

Man this dude is nothing more than a mid carder, always has been. I watched him the first time he was in WWE. I watched him in TNA. He does not have the look or the skills of a champion. He is not impressive in the ring. However he is good on the mic, i will give him that.

Im getting so sick and tired of the WWE giving out charity belts. First they gave a world title to a dam cruiserweight Rey Mysterio just because Eddie died. Now because Edge retires & theyre gonna let Christian win it? What the hell is impressive about Christian in the ring? PLEASE TELL ME & BE HONEST.

you dont have to be a star in the ring... look at cena, orton. miz... none are outstanding in the ring and all are top stars in the E.

Christian was way over in 2005 and they missed the boat.

the SD roster is so thin now that you might as well put the Captain in the main event picture... who else is there - khali or mark henry? :banghead:

Well you got your wish, he lost it to Blandy Boreton.

Why do we want Christian to win the world title? Because, ahem

1. He's a great wrestler, he makes main even level matches.

2. Despite going to TNA, he's had a decorated and a long career in WWE. He works hard and gets nothing in return, so a world title belt belongs on him. Who gives a shit if it's pity, Christian deserved it always.

3. Christian can make great feuds. His feuds, before going to TNA, were all awesome. He made classic segments with Chris Jericho, Edge, The Rock, John Cena, and The Dudleyz and Hardyz. He can carry a feud well.

4. Christian in the ring you ask? Now I realize you have not been watching WWE for long. Christian made some of the best matches ever before leaving TNA. Not only in tag team matches, but his one on one matches were all awesomely worked, and they were main event level matches. And in his return, he's fought Kofi Kingston in a fantastic match, he fought Zack Ryder in even better matches, he fought CM Punk, Edge, Chris Jericho, Yoshi Tatsu, Shelton Benjamin, and Alberto Del Rio, ALL in awesome matches.

Overall, the man can make a great storyline, make a great match, make other wrestlers look good, and he's an overall good worker who puts too much people over in my opinion. That's why he deserves a world title.

Christian was way over in 2005 and they missed the boat.

I think a lot of people are forgetting about this. Christian was ridiculously over in 2005. Remember back when he was dissing John Cena while they were still on separate shows? Especially at the Royal Rumble that year with their battle rap which was a classic segment. People were clamoring to see him and Cena go at it. He also got a good amount of pops while he was still a heel then. Then when Cena 1st came to Raw and they had that feud (Jericho included) his popularity was white hot. He seemed like a fresh new face for the title picture and he was hilarious on the mic, which is y I don't understand how people can even say he doesn't have charisma. Then unfortunately they dropped the ball with Christian's push and drafted him to SD! Where he was thrown into the background so Batista could get more spotlight. Which of course led to him leaving for TNA.

While I completely disagree with it, I kinda understand their reasoning behind giving the title to Orton. But a 2 day title run though? Makes very little sense, so they at least should've made him drop it at the next PPV. Hopefully this could lead to a feud with Orton and Christian could be top heel on SD! But I don't see him being a conniving, ruthless type of heel that compliments Orton's character like Punk was. A heel Christian needs a good face that can banter with him back and forth over the mic like Cena was, but those are in short supply right now, especially on SD.Oh well, hopefully more good can somehow come out of this than bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back