Who's better - Edge or Christian?

Miss Flawless

Why am I arguing with a computer?
Okay, so I'm actually tired of all the "CHRISTIAN NEEDS A WORLD TITLE! CHRISTIAN NEEDS A PUSH! CHRISTIAN SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE HE IS!" threads, but I was posting on one of them, and I found myself comparing Edge and Christian. Some may say, "Oh, you can't compare the two, look how successful Edge is, Christian isn't" But actually Christians has a pretty good career in the mid-card section. Now, I thought I might ask you all, who you think is better, in-ring wise, mic skills wise and entertainment wise.
(And people, if you haven't seen Christian in ECW or TNA or even RAW, then you don't know him.)

I think Edge and Christian are very, very similar. Edge and Christian both entertain me, they both have good in-ring skills, they both have good mic skills and they both play heel very well. That's probably just because they grew up together.

In-Ring Skills - Christian. Edge botches a lot. Christian's had no injuries. Edge has. Edge hurt his Achilles Tendon by botching a spear to Jeff Hardy. Believe me, these guys are actually really similar in the ring though. It's a close one.

Mic Skills - Tie. They both have great mic skills. They proved they can have intense promos. like if you have ever watched TNA when Christian was around, you would have seen that one promo Christian made where he said his in his first official match back in Toronto, he was payed $10 dollars, and you've seen Edge, he cuts intense promos all the time. It's just that Christian gets less mic time than Edge. Both Edge and Christian can cut funny promos, like in E and C, Edge also continued to have some funny promos later, as well as Christian. Both can put on good heat. (Christians feud with John Cena and Edge's feud with Matt Hardy) Hey, they're no Rock promos, but they are good too.

Entertainment Wise - Edge. Edge has been in great feuds with The Undertaker, Matt Hardy, John Cena, ect. He entertained me a lot more than Christian ever did. Again, Christian didn't get a lot of mic time and stuff, but even with his feud with John Cena and over in TNA, he was entertaining, but not more than Edge.

Alright, so I gave out my opinion. Give me your thoughts.

Christian, or at least Christian now. Years ago in 2002 Edge was a much more entertaing person than Christian, part of that could be that Christian was wearing mesh singlets and whining about America, while Edge was feuding with Kurt Angle and partnering with Hogan, but since about 2006 onwards Edge has become a one-note character. Same "I'm a psycho, blah blah blah" promo's, hates the fans, yadda yadda. Christian was constantly given the short end of the straw and was able to make a solid gimmick and build a very entertaining career. As you said Christian isn't half as injury prone as Edge, which is interesting because Christian took just as many risks in the ring, in fact currently Christian takes more. On the mic. both are quite good, in fact I'd probably call them equals, save for Christian having played a wider variety of characters. As far as which one is more entertaining, for me it's Christian. Edge is great, but due to the injuries he's become less enjoyable to watch, Christian hasn't. So for me Christian is better than Edge, he just never recieved the same opportunities and because of that he isn't as high in the rankings of the WWE locker room.

think i jsut posted something about these 2 could really use a feud together and why it hasnt happened and such, these two in a program would be something we wanna see and give both some more spotlight in terms of a feud, its hard to say i like them both, edge i feel is more established but givin the time i think christian would be right around the same level. Do u remember this past year at survivor series when christian gave Orton his finisher and pinned him but only got a nearfall. the crowd actualy went insane. hes got what it takes, they just wont do anything with him.

the funniest thing in my opinion what christian has ever said and it stands out to this day, i cant remember when it was but it was a backstage segment, teddy long walked in the room while christian andsomeone else was there and christian says " Oh hey teddy! i just signed a petition to get you kicked off smackdown!" the way he said it still makes me laugh, and of course, edge is priceless on the mic as well, i would have to say Edge vs Christian wil happen sooner or later, allthe brother feuds have, but not them. im still saying wrestlemania for them in a TLC

They're even on almost every level from mic skills to in ring ability, but the edge goes to Edge only because he has something Christian doesn't: a clearly defined character. I think Christian's name sort of doomed him from the beginning. Christian is just a regular name, as opposed to Edge which is a cool nickname. Edge is a marketable character. He has the name, the glasses, the jacket, the appropriate music, he just stands out from a crowd.

Christian's never had a clearly defined role in WWE. If they could just find a role for Christian on the show, i think he could be as successful, if not more succesful, than Edge. Heres a few things I would change:

1)His music. Don't care for it. Not intimidating at all. Very generic soft rock.

2)His name. Needs a name change imo. Christian is just a regular persons name. Besides, when people think Christian, they think Edge AND Christian. Like Batman AND Robin. If he wants to stand out, go with Christian Cage (which i prefer). Or a new nickname all together, sort of like when Hunter Hearst Helmsley became "The Game".

3)Personality change. If Christian's to be taken seriously, he needs to drop the comedy stuff. Edge and Jericho both skyrocketed to the top when they focused more on being serious as opposed to silly. Christian's still a bit too sarcastic for me. Call me crazy, but I always thought he looked a bit like "Jack Bauer" from "24. That kind of an aggresive personality change would do him a world of good. Show people he means business, he's still too jokey to me.

this is a tough thread since im a huge fan of both guys. mic skills are really close as stated but i think christian edges out (no pun intended) edge since edge is the same guy again and again and again. no real character just an a--hole. both are solid wrestlers but again i think christian as a more entertaining move set. i think the spear isn't a good finisher for edge. i've always thought edge should have used that edgeicution submission hold. it looked sick and for a bad guy to have a hold that just punishes a face i think it makes more sense than a spear that honestly looks weak. i think christian is held back and massivly underused. i know there are alot of tna haters out there but christian owned tna. his main event matches were amazing in fact he ruled the main event for damn near 3 years. he was a great world champion solid on the mic and damn good in the ring. the fact that wwe brought him back to remain king of the midcards is rediculous for a man like christian.

and the winner is-Christian

They're even on almost every level from mic skills to in ring ability, but the edge goes to Edge only because he has something Christian doesn't: a clearly defined character. I think Christian's name sort of doomed him from the beginning. Christian is just a regular name, as opposed to Edge which is a cool nickname. Edge is a marketable character. He has the name, the glasses, the jacket, the appropriate music, he just stands out from a crowd.

Christian's never had a clearly defined role in WWE. If they could just find a role for Christian on the show, i think he could be as successful, if not more succesful, than Edge. Heres a few things I would change:

1)His music. Don't care for it. Not intimidating at all. Very generic soft rock.

2)His name. Needs a name change imo. Christian is just a regular persons name. Besides, when people think Christian, they think Edge AND Christian. Like Batman AND Robin. If he wants to stand out, go with Christian Cage (which i prefer). Or a new nickname all together, sort of like when Hunter Hearst Helmsley became "The Game".

3)Personality change. If Christian's to be taken seriously, he needs to drop the comedy stuff. Edge and Jericho both skyrocketed to the top when they focused more on being serious as opposed to silly. Christian's still a bit too sarcastic for me. Call me crazy, but I always thought he looked a bit like "Jack Bauer" from "24. That kind of an aggresive personality change would do him a world of good. Show people he means business, he's still too jokey to me.

Since the Brood I have always liked Christian more.
I have always thought He got the raw end of the deal.

I don't think there's anything wrong with just having a normal every day name...not every person in the company should have a completely fake gimmick and 'alternative' name

and the music? Why do you need intimidating music to be a wrestler?
It's to set the mood, to get you ready and pumped it's not only just supposed to be like OMMGGGG HE'S COMING what intimidating music this guy has....
I LIKE his music because it's not just LOUD and OBNOXIOUS like everyone thinks there music has to be...it gets stuck in my head a lot when I'm at work lol

3)Personality change. If Christian's to be taken seriously, he needs to drop the comedy stuff. Edge and Jericho both skyrocketed to the top when they focused more on being serious as opposed to silly. Christian's still a bit too sarcastic for me. Call me crazy, but I always thought he looked a bit like "Jack Bauer" from "24. That kind of an aggresive personality change would do him a world of good. Show people he means business, he's still too jokey to me.[/QUOTE]

ok first i NEED to comment on this music issue you have. you're telling me Alter Bridge is intimidating? just cuz the loop the end drum solo to the chorus doesn't make that song hardcore. yea christian has pop punk music but alter bridge is no better. oh and you HAVE to admit christians music now is way better than that opera garbage

next is the name. yea he's got a real persons name but ifyou're telling me that kills his chances then how did john cena or jack swagger or (i hate to say this) sheamus up there in the main event circle? i HATE sheamus and if you think that's the name of a credible world champ how the hell isn't christian? yea certain names may doom you to midcard status but if sheamus can be a world champ christian can

i actually see your point with the sarcasim. he had moments in tna when he was dead serious and if he did sarcasim at times but had a serious no nonsense attitude that may help. hell if john cena can be a funnyman and be at the top why not christian?

Personally, I've always been more partial to Edge, though perhaps that's just because it's what the WWE has been telling me to like since they split. I also missed the Attitude era, though, so I missed the glory days of E&C. I've seen some promo clips and a few of the matches with the Dudleys and the Hardys, but I missed the rest of their prime.

However, when I first got into wrestling (I'm probably going to catch a lot of flack for not being into it for all that long) Edge caught my eye by cashing in on the Undertaker after his cage match with Batista. Up until that point, Undertaker had been my favorite, but once Edge and Undertaker started their rivalry after Suvivor Series, he quickly replaced Taker. In addition, he was the most prominent heel on Smackdown for quite a while, so I've been conditioned to see him as far more superior to Christian, who only returned to the WWE early last year.

However, I do think that from an athletic standpoint, that Christian is better than Edge. I didn't realize that he hadn't been injured, but I do agree that Edge is injury-prone. However, thus far, I have definitely been more entertained by Edge than Christian, though along with most people, I would welcome and Edge/Christian feud.

like almost everyone else I like both guys and have for a long time, i bthink edge got over more than christian because he is bigger (in wwe means better) christian was always over with the fans. On the mic there is no contest christian by a mile he comes up with great catchphrases and can cut a great heel or face promo. during his time with tna he show just how misused he was in wwe. In ring due to edgester's multiple injuries christian wins again simply because he is able to do more\. Entertainment wise edge gets the nod because he's been involved in better feuds with more high profile stars ie. Cena, Michaels, Taker. I like both of them and would love to see and e&c reunion that leads to a feud where the instant classic can finally get some respect (from vince)

Edge's music is too. Both of the songs get stuck in my head.

2)His name. Needs a name change imo. Christian is just a regular persons name.

Hmmm, well, there's John Cena. He's still huge. What if Christian just stayed as Jason Reso? Hmm....

But I do get where your coming from. If Edge used his real name (Adam Copeland) it wouldn't really fit his gimmick.

I actually love christian's music. Mainly because i like story of the year and its one of those songs where it gets you pumped up for him. I dont see anything wrong with it. Edge's theme song isnt that good. I thought it was good when he first came out with it, but I am just sick of hearing it now. Plus would you rather have christian's theme song sound like it does now or like somebody else said with that opera crap in it?

As far as his name goes, I dont see much wrong with it. John Cena is a regular name, im sure randy orton isnt the only one in the world by that name, Steve Austin was generic, Kurt Angle is generic i dont see your point. Besides we have someone named The Miz on his way to the top I think the miz is a lot more worse of a name then Christian. I would prefer Christian Cage, but ya Christian is fine. Its the name everyone knows him by too it would be stupid to have him come out with a new name after having that for more then a decade (minus his TNA days).

Sweet thread idea.

While Edge has clearly been given more opportunities, I still do not feel that that automatically means he is better. It just means that Vince McMahon never saw anything in Christian. Why that's the case, I have never been able to figure out.

I choose Christian in every category. Here's why: First, he most definitely could be the top guy the way Edge has been in the past. He was one of the biggest reasons I watched TNA while he was there. Now I realize there's a huge difference between being the top guy in WWE and being the top guy in TNA (no, I'm not saying WWE is superior. They're just completely different programs). Even still, it still takes a guy who can actually be the top guy, to be the top guy in TNA. Example: Rob Van Dam has never been a top guy, and he proved he just doesn't have it in the worst TNA title reign in forever. Christian on the other hand, was able to be at the top and be the main reason people tuned in during that time. And to me, he could easily do the same in WWE, only better, because he'd have much better booking behind him.

Mic skills: Christian. Many times people praise Edge for his ability to be a great heel. Honestly, it's not his mic skills that do that for him. It's the dastardly acts that the storyline has him do. The ONLY way Edge produces heat through the mic is by bashing the hometown of wherever they're at. I love Edge, but it's true. Christian on the other hand draws heat by simply having a cocky attitude and coming up with catchy sayings. If he had WWE behind him the way they have been with Edge, he'd easily be the best heel today.

Wrestling: I'd have to give this one a tie. While Christian is certainly more smooth, and has always stepped up when he has a big match, Edge has just been in too many classic matches to not give them the tie, despite Edge being a bit sloppy at times.

Charisma: Again, Christian takes the cake, I mean, hey, he's Captain Charisma after all. That kind of goes hand in hand with how I believe Edge draws heat simply because of the things the storylines have made him do, like flaunt Lita in front of Matt Hardy, win the title by cashing in right after Cena was beat down, etc. That's cool, he makes it work. But the point is, without the WWE machine behind him, his mic skills alone couldn't draw nearly as much heat as he's getting. Christian on the other hand can draw heat all on his own. And when he's a face, even when not in a major storyline, he draws some of the loudest pops of the night.

Side note: I don't even think it's just the internet fans who are behind Christian. I think most fans in general have been crying out for Christian to get a MAJOR push for a LONG time.

This thread has been done soo many times... Hell I even posted it on my earlier days.

It comes down to four things, mic skills, in ring skills, accomplishments, and look.

mic skills: I'm giving this to Christian, he is slightly better. Here's the proof...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mtim3pGJw5k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mtim3pGJw5k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" [/YOUTUBE]

Also

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iKtSCdNSzXw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iKtSCdNSzXw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

In ring wise: Also Christian, Edge like ISha said, botches. But Christian can also make others look like gold while making him look dominant as fuck. For example...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-TCZhmvtvvs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-TCZhmvtvvs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

lol born without last names...

Accomplishments: Edge no shit sherlock, hes a 9 time world champion, even more successful as a mid carder than Christian, not much else to say.

Look: This slightly goes to Edge, if you look into his eyes its this almost tired, desprete, man whos willing to do anything he can to get what he wants, also hes a little more built than Christian, which always helps out with VKM.

An overall choice for me would be Christian, but thats a biased answer because its also from personal preference.

I personally prefer Christian over Edge. From mic skills, to in-ring ability. That said as being a face Christian feels a little to bland for me I really would rather have the "CLB" Captain Charisma, then the happy go lucky Christian that has a couple catchphrases for the fan.

Till they day Christian can even chip a little of Edges main event success though I will not blame the majority for saying Edge. Christian has never really been thrown a ME bone, outside of ECW, which he was there MVP. TNA however he was the reason I watched TNA during one of its many low points.

So yeah,
I prefer Christian, but Edge is for sure more of an asset.

Christian all the way. Now im not going to explain why... But i do want to see how you feel abou there fued.

Next year WM27- MITB Winner Christian
Next Year SummerSlam : TLC Christian vs Edge (C)

Not gonna happen but it would be nice.

EDGE HAS MORE CHAMPIONSHIPS MORE CLASSIC FEUDS MORE CLASSIC MATCHES AND ABOVE THAT ALONG WITH JERICHO EDGE IS THE BEST HEEL IN THE COMPANY

I love this thread thank you very much for making it.

Now on topic Edge overall has had more chances which makes people think that he is the better superstar. However overall I would have to see it's a tie in my opinion. Christian has amazing Mic Skills however i think Edge has pretty sweet mic skills too. In ring work I think that Edge may just be a bit better than Christian however to be fair I personally think he has had better opponents in the past so it doesnt really help christian. But yeah I couldn't vote either way really and think they are equal.

As for the current days Christian is whole lot better in the ring. If Christian keeps going like he is now I could watch him wrestle until he is like 50 years old.

Unfortunately, Christian does not entertain me as much as Edge has in the past years. I can easily say that all in all Edge is better when you compare their respective careers. Edge is great on the mic and he really tells a story in the ring. He has gotten worse in the ring this past year but in the past he has really done well with The Undertaker, John Cena, The Hardy Boyz, The Dudley Boyz, etc.

Christian is better in the ring
Edge is better on the mic

Im a fan of both but more Christian but Im going to be Unbiased here.
In-ring Skills Christian can do alot of moves He can Fly, Mat wrestle, adn some power moves without botching. Edge hes a good in-ring skills BUT he botches alot If Im not mistaken didnt he injure his tendon by doing the Spear, His own finisher.
Mic Skills Christian but very close. Edge has great mic skills BUT only as a heel, as a face he isnt that good anymore. Christian when he gets mic time He's great as a heel and face(watch him and Hardy Peep show before MITB) he can be serious and funny.
Entertainment Tie They both entertain me I cant pick one.
So the Winner is..........
CHRISTIAN

Edge is better, he has done heaps more than Christian in his career.Edge is a 9 time World Champion and has Main Evented WrestleMania.Christian has not Main Event WrestleMania and never won a World title in the WWE.Edge really made Money in the Bank what it is today and while Christian was on TNA dominating.But from a WWE stand point it's Edge and it isn't fair to judge from a TNA as Edge hasn't worked with them.

This is a tough one for me as they are two of my top three favourite superstars.

Mic Skills: For me this is really close but it goes to Edge it is because he gets more mic time I think that if Christian got to cut promos every week then this would probably be a tie. Both are capable of cutting funny promos and serious promos but Edge gets more of an oppertunitie to do it and therefor gets more time to improve at it.

Ring Skills: Angin this is close but it goes to Christian as you said Edge botches sometimes and Christian hardly ever does. Christian has also never had major injuries and thus is more athletic these days Edge has had plenty of injuries and looke much slower in the ring these days. Christian also has the ability to go out each week and be relied on to out on atleast a good match in which he makes his opponent look good while still making himself look good.

Entertainment: Edge gets this one, like I said earlier Edge gets more mic time and proper fueds and gets more of a chance to entertain me perhaps if Christian got more mic time he would win this but he dosent.

Overall: Based on the criteria you have given Edge wins this by a very narrow margin.

Christian is the symbol of mediocrity.

Seriously.His name?Not bad but also not cool.His charisma?Not low but he doesn't have a huge fan base.His move set?Cool but not that much to help him grow.Mic skill?When he is a face , zero.when he is heel , not bad but not as good as Edge.His music?Generic to death.

I'm sorry he hasn't shown anything special to make it to the top.He's always OK , He never puts on a bad match , You never get pissed off when you see him on TV screen , but he is MEDIOCRE , and probably will remain forever.

There's enough talk about Copeland , but no one can deny he has been one of the biggest players in WWE for such a long time.He is more eager and knows what he does and knows what he wants.WWE needs him so he is where he is.

It's easily Edge. Easily. He is a multiple time World Champ... Christian was... In TNA. Edge is way better on the mic, and I find his in ring ability much better than Christian's. Christian hasn't been that great since he dropped his ECW belt, but Edge is consistently one of the best in the biz. It's a simple choice really.

So, I just watched Chair Shot Reality... for some reason, and one of the guys... not sure his name... the fat one commented on this forum post and basically bashed everyone who picked Christian over Edge.

I personally think they're both quite talented, but I have to give it to Christian. After all of Edge's injuries, Christian is just a little more solid in the ring, and I think Christian can be better on the mic then Edge. I'm not gonna bash or argue with anyone who picks Edge, because it's a valid and very arguable point. But Edge has recieved alot of backing and opportunity that Christian just hasn't been given.

Either way, there are much worse arguments to make... like Zack Ryder being a top level talent

i think most ppl would agree Edge and Christian are pretty evenly matched.

since WWE isn't using Christian right Edge looks like hes better but idk if i agree with that...thats not to say that i disagree either (if your confused its ok......i am too)

they can both talk, they can both wrestle, they can both be either face or heel, both have charisma and they both stay pretty interesting.

if/when WWE starts using Christian right i'll pick him but until then i'ma go with Edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back