For The Better?: Christian

So they threw us a curve ball, putting Christian on ECW and making Matt Hardy the attacker, thus surprising everyone.

I'm not sure if i'm right here, i'm probably not but Matt Hardy said in a blog of his that the plans where for him to always be the attacker, not Christian. He said this:

Speaking of Christian, we have a very long and storied history together. Christian was a recipient of my star-making abilities back in the first ever tag team ladder match. Christian was also smart not to stick his nose into my business with Jeff. I could see how he would be tempted to upon resigning with the WWE, but fortunately he was smarter than that. It's also funny how alot (sic) of the "internet journalist" and "internet fans" thought Christian might be somehow associated with me and my master plan. Nope. Never has been. There's never been any changes in my plans, there's never been a "B" plan, and Christian hasn't ever been factored in at any time.

Everything added up to Matt, not Christian, it was just a co-incidence that Christian left TNA at the time the storyline began. Anyway, it's not so much 'our' fault, but the people who report the plans. Granted some are just doing they're job, and we don't have to read the stories sites dish out. But Matt said that the plans where for him to always be the attacker, so if he's telling the truth, how is it our fault? Christian is on ECW, but he's a star on there, also they're probably just building a foundation for him because of his return, I wouldn't be surprised if he got drafted/moved to Smackdown next year, and put into title contention. The problem is that we wont ever know if Christian was supposed to be the attacker, because we where going off sites which aren't always 100% reliable, and we then have a guy who was the attacker, who works for WWE telling us that WWE had been planning it to be him for months. Personally, I thought it was just a hard lesson of 'Don't believe everything you read', obviously not an intentionally lesson, but still.

Personally I don't believe Christian is world championship material so it never mattered to me whether he's on ECW or if he would have moved to Smackdown. I don't believe Christian would have made the same splash as Matt Hardy did. Especially since Matt cost him the title at the Royal Rumble. I don't think we had anything to do with what happened to Christian because I think it was going to happen anyway.

I have to agree with Rebecca regarding Matt Hardy being up front by saying that he was the planned attacker all along. It was only speculated that Christian was going to be the attacker. It was never confirmed by anyone. So, Motor City Mayhem, that pretty much makes your argument about Christian's fate being "our fault" null and void.

If Vince wanted Christian on Smackdown, he would be on Smackdown. Vince is the one who drives the show, contrary to popular belief. Not his audience.

BTW, what is with all the "... I mean ... think about it" lines being thrown into posts, lately? If you post something, of course I am going to think about it. That goes without saying.

First off there was nothing to verify that Christian was supposed to go to SmackDown!. Sometimes people must get reminded that a lot of stuff that gets leaked onto the net is BS. I know some people are marks of internet rumors but the reality is a lot of it is made up and even wrestlers are furious with these "reporters". I mean would you like to see false stories about yourself get posted on the internet? I sure wouldn't. Wrestlers shoot on these "reporters" for an actual reason. Regardless, people are still buying into it by claiming it was all a swerve.... just because they believed in the rumor a tad too much. Like Sidious said, if Vince wanted Christian on SmackDown! then he would be on their roster by now.

Another thing that gets to me is when people say Christian is underutilized. The last time he was in the WWE, which was 3 years ago, he was a mid carder. Now people are expecting him to get the push of his life as soon as he made his debut. What did he do in the WWE in the past 3 years to get an automatic main event push on the SmackDown! brand? I don't understand the logic unless people are expecting him to get pushed in the WWE based on his work in TNA; a promotion that means nothing to the WWE seeing TNA is nothing more than a super indy fed to them.

Christian is re-establishing his character on ECW by working his way up which is smart, that is if you want to bring actual credibility to his character so he could get a decent push in the long run. He is doing just fine.

Yes, Christian not being on Smackdown or Raw is our fault. We control the WWE and we do what we want. Wait! What am I saying? We don’t do any of that stuff. It’s none other than Vince McMahon who does that. He is the one who controls everything in the WWE and does what he wants when he wants to do it. So don’t blame me, blame Vince because I’m not putting a gun to his head telling him what to do. Or am I? Just kidding, I’m not doing that.

And as far as to why we got swerved, it was because someone in the WWE told someone about the plans and it was reported all over the internet. Even though it was reported on the internet, I doubt Vince cares. The internet viewing audience is probably less than 10% so why would he care if a few hundred thousand people found out about his plans? Anyways, although Matt Hardy said it was supposed to be him all along, he could have been trying to cover up for the spoiler if that was indeed the plan.

I'm surprised that you would actually think that we are to blame for Christian not being on Smackdown and not in the World Title scene or even the World Champion. We don't control Vince McMahon, we don't control WWE creative, and we can't be blamed for any of WWE's decisions. Does the WWE know about websites like Wrestlezone? Yes. Do they know about us knowing results before they air on TV? Yes. Can we blame ourselves for WWE swerving decisions that we aren't even 100% sure was supposed to happen? Of course not.

You might think that WWE sometimes does the opposite of what we are informed of just to fool us. Is the the real reason behind it? Who knows? That's part of the reason why I'm always a bit hesitant to believe what I read on some wrestling news websites, because I never know whether it's true or not. Some that I really wanted to happen never did and some that didn't quite interest me did.

So, I'd say that WWE creative is allowed to do what they want. We may not really like it, but we cannot do anything about it, as much as we may want to. We just call it how we see it, and just wait to see how everything unfolds. It is not our fault that anything happens in the WWE and we shouldn't be thinking that it is even slightly our fault.

Isnt it also our fault that christian isnt on one of the mainstream shows because we watch him on ECW?? he brings in ratings so why would they swap him?? Lets stop watching ECW for a few months then he will get moved!! How does that sound??

Are there really people still pissed that Christian is on ECW? Why? Think about it, do you really think he would be in better shape on Smackdown? He would have to play second fiddle to Jeff Hardy with no chance of jumping him in the pecking order because Jeff is currently the main attraction on Smackdown. Look what Christian has managed to do on ECW. It might not mean much, but he is the face of the brand. He has developed quite a following, not just the Internet fans he used to rely on. At some point, I think he will move to Smackdown, but his presence on ECW turned out to be quite a blessing don't you think? If he were to be thrust into the WHC picture upon his debut, I think it would have been a failure. A collasal failure. Now, with his time on ECW, he would have a much better chance of actually succeeding on Smackdown.

Reactions: X
We complain that Christian is not being utilized properly and that he shouldn't be on ECW, he is a good wrestler and in every thread, Christian ends up going to Smackdown! and possibly becoming World Heavyweight Champion.

We say that he is being used in a horrible way and that he shouldn't be degraded to being on ECW when he is a great wrestler.

I for one have never complained about Christian being on ECW. He only resigned with the WWE to collect a check. Leave him on the C show, because he's terrible and would add nothing to Raw or Smackdown, and doesn't deserve to hold the WWE Title or the WHC. He's not and hopefully never will be in the real Main Event, because he doesn't have what it takes. Its a shame that so many people on ECW are better than he is, and he has the ECW Title, but at least it keeps him from ruining Raw and Smackdown with his boring Promos, and boring matches.

The only thing that could of made him entertaining is if he was brought back in as Jeffs attacker, and was teamed up with Edge, so Edge could carry him like he did in the past.

I for one have never complained about Christian being on ECW. He only resigned with the WWE to collect a check. Leave him on the C show, because he's terrible and would add nothing to Raw or Smackdown, and doesn't deserve to hold the WWE Title or the WHC. He's not and hopefully never will be in the real Main Event, because he doesn't have what it takes. Its a shame that so many people on ECW are better than he is, and he has the ECW Title, but at least it keeps him from ruining Raw and Smackdown with his boring Promos, and boring matches.

The only thing that could of made him entertaining is if he was brought back in as Jeffs attacker, and was teamed up with Edge, so Edge could carry him like he did in the past.

No he resigned with WWE because there was nothing left for him to do in TNA. Also don't state your opinion as fact.Edge did not "carry" Christian and in fact if you look back to his IC days he had some very entertaining matches. He also ran with the ball in TNA as a main eventer and,again,was very entertaining(once turned heel).Who exactly is better than him on ECW? Certainly no one is more over(Like Tommy Dreamer,I'm still baffled as to the point of his title regien). Mark Henrey "The worlds worst wrestler" gets drafted to Raw and gets put over Randy Orton. Imagine the reaction if that had been Christian! Then we could have seen a Christian vs Orton programme. But of course this would have been something fresh and WWE has no intrest in that.

No he resigned with WWE because there was nothing left for him to do in TNA. Also don't state your opinion as fact.Edge did not "carry" Christian and in fact if you look back to his IC days he had some very entertaining matches. He also ran with the ball in TNA as a main eventer and,again,was very entertaining(once turned heel).Who exactly is better than him on ECW? Certainly no one is more over(Like Tommy Dreamer,I'm still baffled as to the point of his title regien). Mark Henrey "The worlds worst wrestler" gets drafted to Raw and gets put over Randy Orton. Imagine the reaction if that had been Christian! Then we could have seen a Christian vs Orton programme. But of course this would have been something fresh and WWE has no intrest in that.

I beg to differ. Christian always played second fiddle to Edge and it showed after they split up. Edge was getting put in the best feuds while Christian went over to TNA. He is fine on ECW for now and I expect him to be drafted to either Raw or Smackdown next year. I still don't think he is world champion material but I believe he will have to turn heel because Christian sucks as a face in my opinion.

I beg to differ. Christian always played second fiddle to Edge and it showed after they split up. Edge was getting put in the best feuds while Christian went over to TNA. He is fine on ECW for now and I expect him to be drafted to either Raw or Smackdown next year. I still don't think he is world champion material but I believe he will have to turn heel because Christian sucks as a face in my opinion.

Edge did not main event till Christian left. And Edge had to work very hard to get himself over(I know that's supposed to be creative's job but y'know). Christian went to TNA and showed he was worthy of a main event push. I can only assume politics held him down in WWE(and the same thing is happening now).I do agree with you that he works far better as a heel,and this is the role I'd like to see from him.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I don't know how many times WWE have to say, Matt Hardy has to say, Christian everyone has to say, it was ALWAYS going to be Matt Hardy. That angle started playing out 9 days after his last TNA appearence. I sincerely doubt they had a contract in place when the angle started, and even if they did, Christian would not have been thrust into the main event.

Christian left the WWE as a midcarder with one main event triple threat match under his belt. He went to TNA and slagged off the company that made him. Vince is not going to have him return to main event instantly. It doesn't make sense, and it most definitely isn't Vince's style.

Throughout the last 4 years, wrestling powers that be including Vince McMahon have doubted Christian's ability to draw. By having him as the face of ECW, they are giving him the oppurtunity to prove that he can be a brand leader. Somebody has to. People are forgetting that previous Vince poster boys like Lashley and Test have been on that brand to see if they can be relevant, and Christian is doing the same thing.

I would be suprised if he doesn't move by the next draft, but if he doesn't it will be nobody's fault but the writers and Vince who think he's best suited to eCW.

Christian ran with the ball in TNA? LMAO Ran with the ball in a company who’s last PPV Buy rate didn’t break 100,000 viewers, and whose weekly show if I recall has never broken past a 2.0 rating. No one who watches the WWE gives a shit about TNA. TNA is such a poorly produced product that anyone could carry it, so mentioning that he “carried” that company doesn’t mean a god damn thing when it comes to being in the WWE, and being a major star.

Moving him to Raw would have been a mistake; the middle card has enough good talent that’s being wasted. Feuding him with Orton, don't waste your breath that would have been useless for Orton, because Christian is nowhere near his level as a performer. It would of led to a very uneventful match between the two, with Orton dominating Christian, actually that would of been very enjoyable to me, due to my undying love for Randy Orton, and my never ending hate for Christian. The only good that could of come of this was Orton punting Christian in the skull, and putting him on the shelf for 3-6 months.

Moving Henry to Raw and giving him the push was a great idea, because at least in the Main Event Mark Henry looks like a challenging opponent, whereas Christian looks like this guy I know that works as an accountant for Tate and Lyle. It’s also easy to elevate Henry into the Main Event because of his size.

Don’t get me wrong I’m all for the WWE using fresh ideals, but Christian is not fresh, he’s boring. If it wasn’t for Edge carrying him he would be nothing. Creative didn’t get Edge over, Edge being a fucking filthy scumbag and sleeping with Lita, behind Matt Hardy’s back got Edge over as the mega heel he had become prior to being injured. This is when Edge got his first big push. He had already established himself as a solo wrestler, and this was the icing on the cake that pushed him above and beyond everyone else.
Not to mention when he was allied with Jericho and Jericho carried his worthless as the entire time they were paired up, look at the push Jericho got after that, and not to mention what Jericho has done for himself and the WWE since returning two years ago.
If Christian would of gotten either of these silver platters handed to him, he wouldn’t of been able to give us a 1/4th of what Jericho or Edge have given us these past few years. I’m sorry to break the news to you, but Christian Sucks. I believe the best name for him now, is Captain Craptacular Christian.

I`m not sure about christian,but i think it`s our fault.i thought of that before i joined,and i`m thinking about it now.at the cm punk vs umaga match in Chigago,we predicted that punk is going to win,but umaga won

Whats our fault? the fact that Christian is constantly getting PPV pay because he is either in or defending the ECW title at PPV's which basically means more tv time and more ppv money yeah poor christian:lmao:

The fact is Christian is doing far better in the ECW brand then he has in either raw or smackdown, the guy is the biggest fish in ECW's rather small pond main eventing ECW's tv programming, getting paid for house shows and also making money from PPV's he will also be getting alot of royalties from DVD sales, so why are people complaining?, he is far better off in ECW then he ever was in TNA because he is not getting small little title runs then moving over for bigger more established talent, he is actually main eventing a WWE brand and i dont care if people say its the C show,its more then Matt Hardy has done and he was involved in a huge angle with his brother, what has he done lately? got injured and then sent back down to smackdown because the raw brand was too overcrowded.

Yeah Christian got the shaft in this situation.

If anyone here thinks he got the raw end look at what Christian has accomplished in his brief stint back and then look at Matt Hardy and any other former TNA WWE transitional talent and you will see that christian has no way gotten the worse of this situation and in no way is it anyones fault, the fact is Christian is making money and main eventing a brand it is more then anyone can ask for, why move him so he can do what? get lost in the shuffle on two of the bigger brands, yeah that will be a smart move.

Christian was, for a time, a top star in TNA. His time there made his fanbase expand rapidly, he finally got a chance to shine and it was cool to see him with a world title. Even though he lost his spot as one of the top guys when Angle arrived, he never lost that huge fanbase.
But he was a top guy in the second biggest company. A company that is pretty much equal to ECW. So for him to come back and be the top guy on ECW just made sense. How much he'd grown was great, but it didn't warrant a push as the top heel on Smackdown.
So, basically, I don't think he was ever meant to be the guy behind Hardy's attacks. Between only being a top guy in TNA, Vince not liking him but him still having his big fanbase just seemed to all come together as a place on ECW as the top face.
Maybe, in the future he'll get a world title. But really, we shouldn't have expected him to be straight in the main event when he returned. Very few people go straight to that position upon return. John Cena, Triple H, maybe Batista.... Even Randy Orton had to wait 5 months after his return to officially be in the main event scene again... That might have been because he was going to be built up to headline Wrestlemania, but considering Cena and Orton returned at roughly the same time, Cena could've been the one to be built up for Wrestlemania 25...

What I mean is, very few wrestlers deserve to go straight into the main event scene upon return. No doubt being Hardy's attacker would've done that for Christian, but he just didn't deserve it. But maybe in the future.

1st I'd like to say that there is NOTHING good about Christian. I don't find him at all entertaining in or out of the ring. He's where he needs to be right now in ECW because he just isn't RAW or Smackdown main event material. I mean last tuesday SHELTON FUCKING BENJIMIN got a bettter pop than he did.

Now that i have that out of the way, I'm sort of undecided if it's our fault or not. On one side, we all read spoilers that christian was going to be Jeffs atacker ect. ect. But its possible that this was creatives plan all along and they just let this get out so the IWC would think it's christian as the attacker and then be suprised by Matt Hardy. Also, it could have been Christian who was supposed to be the attacker to begin with and then it got changed to Matt Hardy at the last minute to suprise everyone. I simply don't know all of the facts, so I'm undecided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back