So what now for Christian?

I don't really like Christian, but when he does return I think they should throw him back with Edge, or make him a top heel on Smackdown. Not a face. I'm hoping he is with Edge, but not as the goofy group of old, but a real, serious, main event heel team who win the titles. Who said they can't be a team and still be world champs? That could be cool, and end up with them fueding, which would be good. Christian needs something to build himself up before singles competition, because, truthfully, alot of people won't care. If he's even back. Did he officialy re-sign? I have no clue.

Has anyone truly stopped to think Christian might actually make something out of his return to the company.. without using Edge as a crutch? A huge majority of people want to see him return next to Edge, in some type of storyline be it with or against him, and that's ultimately because noone wants to let go of the mid-carder that he was.. being carried by Edge.

But the truth is, Christian's a big boy now. He's all grown up, and went out into the real world and became a Heavyweight Champion in the 2nd biggest company (arguably) in the United States right now. A couple times. And for the record, he did all of that, without Edge holding his hand. So the truth is.. he could return to Raw just as easily as he could Smackdown, and still make something happen.

Now, would "I" personally wanna see a reunion with Christian and Edge, along side the Hardy Boys in some type of weird and fucked up Fatal Four Way, with each member of the yester-year Tag Team's playing heel's and face's.. absolutely, it's a great thought and would make for a great match-up. But it's not the only option he seemingly has.

While it might not make much sense, Christian could easily return to E.C.W. and become the top face on that program. They are, afterall, now missing it's top face since Matt Hardy turned heel and jumped to Smackdown. And a Christian/Jack Swagger feud could be just as great.

Or, Christian could return to Raw and begin a program with any number of the Superstars there. C.M. Punk, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, even John Cena. As I recall, Christian had a small program with Cena going when he left the company. So why not restart it and see what works?

The options are limitless for Christian to return, any where, any how, any way. Personally.. I'd love more than anything to see his return get held off all the way until Money in the Bank, at WrestleMania. Let him be a surprise entrant in that match, then win it.

Why? Because (shocker, shocker) then he could appear on all THREE shows, until he cashed in. (which could take up to a year) Think of the truly limitless possibilities he'd then have, if he was fully able to jump in and out of Brands.

I was disappointed that he didn't make his return in the royal rumble but I'm ok with the Matt Hardy angle. Now I'm thinking that he might make his return after WrestleMania, cause it wouldn't make sence to get him back so quickly and not build some storyline. Otherwise I think he might return to Raw as a face and not a heel, so he can make the heel turn later. I like him in the ring and he doens't need Edge anymore so I doupt they will have any storylines with each other right out the gates. Christian can work in the ring and is good on the mic so I'm happy and can't wait for his return. But now I think it will be after WrestleMania

Well, since Rourke vs. Jericho at Mania is apparently off. That leaves a spot open for Christian to be re-introduced. It would make sense to bring him in as a babyface for a little while anyway like they did with Jericho before turning him.

Perhaps they could transfer the focus from the Rourke/Jericho angle to Christian? Even if Rourke isn't appearing at Mania, I'm sure that having him come in for a couple of appearances wouldn't hurt him. Have Jericho keep antagoizing him and have Rourke continue to be non-aggressive like on Larry King. Have Rourke say that he got caught up in the excitement when he made the challenge, but he's realized that he's in no physical condition to wrestle anybody.

Jericho wouldn't be satisfied by that and so he continues to badger Rourke, possibly bringing up Rourke's past.

Then I'd have Christian return. He could ask Jericho what's gotten into him lately. Talk about how he's watched someone that he used to be good friends with become a miserable, insecure, sociopath. Have Christian bring up the fact that Jericho continues to goad a non-wrestler into the ring just to satisfy his own ego.

Then in the middle of Christian's promo Jericho takes a cheap shot at him. Christian goes after Jericho, Jericho high-tails it out of the ring and they do a pull apart or something like that.

Then, you've transferred the feud from Rourke to Christian. With these two having history, it makes it easier to build the heat ecause the parameters are already there. Hell, you could have Rourke be in the audience and give Christian an encouraging fist bump at ringside just to keep up the continuity.

That's what I would do.

Then you wouldn't have him getting lost in the shuffle with the Hardys and Edge and HHH. Also, he and Jericho have pretty good chemistry together so the promos and the WM match would be pretty good.

well i will stick to my prediction that at WretleMania 25 there will be a TLC match, given it's the 8th anniversary of the first one Team E&C vs Team Extreme vs Dudley Boys

now it would be an interesting reversal if they mixed up the Hardy's and Edge & Christian
not that i really care about the Hardy's anymore, i lost interest in them yrs ago.

As for Christian coming back as face, why wouldn't that work? he has mic skills despite what people may claim, Edge "storyline wise" made very dirrogatory statements about christian b4 he left and has done so since which would play into the whole older brother otushining the younger or in the case of the Hardy's the old being geleaous of the Younger brothers fan status, thats not to say that it won't be short lived. Christian much like Edge is a tweener, they can be both heels and faces at the same time. Just depends on what they spout on the mic and the storyline they were put in.

Now a spanner in that works (forgie me if i'm wrong i didn't really watch the Hardy bit at the start of SD) there's still no report as to who caused the accidents, Matt never confessed to that did he, he just said the fans shit him off and he was jealous so he cost Hardy the match at Royal Rumble. So they've still left that open.

off hte subject Triple H has a shocking win loss record at Mania so thats irrelevant if ya's think he's gonna hog the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back