Chris Jericho: "I will never wrestle for the WWE again"

Jericho's just teasing and trying to stay relevant. I'm sure he'll be back in some capacity sooner than later.

Honestly though, I haven't missed him. I'm stuck on the cocky, obnoxious WCW era Jericho. Aside from him deserving a proper send off, I wouldn't care if he decided not to work another match again.

Translation: I'm coming back to "shock" everyone and win the Royal Rumble.

Jericho is great at mind games and that's what this is.

He'll be back.

...seriously, you folks haven't learned that performers are using Twitter to get their characters over yet? People seem to have this idea that Twitter is a relief valve for all of the REAL stuff that performers just HAVE to share with their fans, who they of course love with all of their heart. Right?

I weep for the future of this planet that this thread didn't end on post #2 with "It's Twitter, man, ffs." The WWE is even using Twitter as part of their entertainment presentation now.

Let me reiterate something that seems to be forgotten time and time again on this board. When a professional wrestler says anything over media, you are being worked. End discussion. The fact that you do not understand in which specific way you are being worked does not change the fact that you are being worked.

Some people seem to have figured this all out without prodding. The rest of you, for the love of all things holy, invest in very, very thick condoms.

I'm a huge Jericho fan, and knowing him it's all a work, I'm not saying he'll be showing up soon but he'll be back, maybe even by Mania. You know Jericho's favorite apponent is The Rock (as he says in his book) maybe there could be a Rock vs Y2J match again at Elimination Chamber.

Same thing that The Rock did...The Rock few years ago said that he don't wont anyone to call him The Rock and that he will never wrestle again...He do that so that his comeback would be huge and now J2Y is making same thing...I like it...

This is one of Y2J's patented tools to get the business talking about him again. Step one, call Vince (Check). Step two, get the dirt sheets talking (Check). Step three, ignite the Internet with rumors (Check). Step four, return at a special three-hour RAW, Royal Rumble, or SummerSlam. Me personally, I'm pickin' SummerSlam next year. Unless they wanna pull out all the stops and have The Rock, Undertaker, Triple H, Stone Cold, and Kevin Nash all with Chris Jericho at WMXXVIII. I don't see that happening tho; Jericho's a diva and would want to be the main attraction of a PPV. I am waiting for Jericho VS Cm Punk however

I think its a trick I can honestly never see Y2J staying away from WWE and theres been talks recently for him to come back for Wrestlemania. would be amazing to see Punk and Jericho at Mania.

The guys at THQ admitted on Twitter that the top brass at WWE wouldnt allow them to use Jericho in the WWE 12 game. This was tweeted by the games lead designer (that Corey fella) and the statement was later deleted.

Maybe there is more to this???

From the WWE.com

A former WWE Champion tweeted this week that he would “never wrestle for WWE again." (You knew I had to shamelessly work Twitter into my column this week after Monday’s Raw.)

Hmmm...Let me think...I am sure it is not a storyline Chris says the truth..

Recent interview below. Looks like Wrestlemania is off the cards then.

He explains, "For me to go back to WWE, I would have to have someone that interests me personally. You could say any name—it could be CM Punk, it could be The Rock, it could be Funaki. But, to me, it's like I'd have to feel it. Right now, I'm happy doing the stuff I'm doing.

"When I'm finished with this tour, we're doing a new record and I have a bunch of stuff going out in Hollywood that's kinda coming to fruition. I had to leave that block of time open, January, February, March, April, May."

Jericho, however, is open to returning "someday" and says he likes CM Punk's work. He says, "Punk is great and he's doing a great job, but as of right now, as much as people don't want to hear it, I don't have any plans as of right now to go back to WWE. I never said I wouldn't go back; now is just not the right time for me."

I thought in a interview he said that he would never wrestle anywhere else, but the WWE. Either he's playing a trick on us, or he might return to WWE as a manager.

Hes probably just working the fans. He has no reason to leave the WWE and every reason to return. With all the rumors about him wanting to work with certain people I higly doubt this is a genuine statement. If Bret gave us two more matches I'm sure Jericho will do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back