Chris Jericho Returns.... Again

Erm... not sure if you're being super ironic or a douche either...

Jericho is known for being a top worker who actually bested one of the "tough guys" of the business when it came down to shoot and has shown he is considered one of the top names in the business. It may be scripted but you have to be able to actually go to get anywhere... Hogan COULD just didn't, much like Cena today... Jericho does every chance he gets and that is why he can write his own ticket of when he comes back, for how long and to an extent what he does... How many guys can say they can turn down creative options offered to them? only the top top guys... so that makes him one of them. He's a star because he CAN wrestle rings round his opponents, back it up on the mic and bring mainstream interest.. the 3 "Must Haves" of WWE stardom... the 4th is size, and he'll never have that...which is why he isn't the big, big face...

Oh spare me your analysis, Capt. Insider. :rolleyes:

The original comment about stardom had nothing to do with being a top worker. It's also not a question of "Go" since both men can "Go", therefore the difference in being a top star vs. a top worker is what's at question. Also, the number of guys who can turn down creative options in wrestling is no different from any other career...it comes down to planning, solid investments and having other interests. Jericho made a lot of money, planned well and can walk away. Others haven't and are tied to their job. Again, doesn't indicate stardom.

Since I don't believe you're stupid, I think you know the fucking difference.

It's always good to see some switch ups on the roster, so I'm not complaining about him being back.

My only gripe is that, if he was coming back to feud with Wyatt anyways, why not have him as a surprise entrant in the MITB Match, win the briefcase, and cash in and defeat Wyatt who would have won the Title Ladder Match. It would have been a lot more interesting than Cena winning again with no viable prospects to take the title in sight since Bryan is injured and Lesnar doesn't have enough dates to have a reign from Summerslam to Wrestlemania.

I think we are going to have Chris Jericho vs. The Miz at Battleground along with Sheamus vs. Bray Wyatt.

Bray wins the US title and then defends it against Chris Jericho at SummerSlam. That's my hunch. Let's see how it goes.

Wwe is desperate for some legit top names with the tragic booking at the moment....but the miz/Jericho/wyatt segment was brilliant. Jericho has spoken on many occasions about working with wyatt and should be good. Anyone moaning about y2j return is insane.

I feel Chris Jericho coming back the way he does is a good thing. It doesn't matter whether he is fighting in the IC/US scene or the WHC Scene (Hell even the Divas title scene), he will put on consistently good matches and be a strong spot on the card, connecting with his opponent and making a good story, making them look good in the process.

I don't mind the fact he is a part timer, because whether you like all his endeavors or not, he puts 100% into each and every one, and that's admirable, and you couldn't ask for more than that.

I can't wait to see what happens with him next.

That is just it! I am sick and tired of chris jerkiko as DDP called him in WCW he is a jobber now and cannot be taken serious ex santino mozzarella as well! He has pretty much faced everyone in the roster and there is no point for him even returning. After Wyatt family he ll leave again and come back again continuing to kiss vinny Mac's bare ass and being wwe puppet and jobber it seems he is too damn scared to head to TNA when he can face Kurt Angle, STING, Samoa Joe ,Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Bully Ray MVP ,Bobby Lashley Ethan Carter 3rd and much more stars where he can easily become TNA champion then jobber ! Well Jerkiko we are all sick and tired of you and that MJ jacket you wear grow some balls and face some stiff and extreme competition in TNA

I was extremely excited to see Chris Jericho return. He's one of my all time favorites. Miz only wishes he could ever reach the level that Jericho is at, shutting up Miz was a good way to return. I'd have cheered for anyone who interrupts him, let alone a returning legend. He still has the light up jacket which is awesome. While I doubt he will hold the World Heavyweight Championship again, it's always great to see him back no matter where he is on the card. It would be cool to see him feud with Wyatt, that would be great to see play out. It would have great match potential, let alone how amazing the promos could get!

Oh spare me your analysis, Capt. Insider. :rolleyes:

The original comment about stardom had nothing to do with being a top worker. It's also not a question of "Go" since both men can "Go", therefore the difference in being a top star vs. a top worker is what's at question. Also, the number of guys who can turn down creative options in wrestling is no different from any other career...it comes down to planning, solid investments and having other interests. Jericho made a lot of money, planned well and can walk away. Others haven't and are tied to their job. Again, doesn't indicate stardom.

Since I don't believe you're stupid, I think you know the fucking difference.

Really? You want to do this? They TOLD YOU HIS RESUME AND WHY HE IS A STAR!

They ran down every one of his achievements as he entered that ring last night, that he is known for being a Rock Star, not just a "hobby band" but a legit touring band, he did Dancing With The Stars, one of the top TV shows in the world, he has a very successful podcast/radio show and ALSO has shed loads of wrestling accolades. WWE hasn't always treated Jericho as a star all the time but last night they did a very strong job of making sure everyone knows he IS one and always has been.

He's not a star, they don't call him. He's not begging to work for them. But in a WWE seriously short of stars at the moment he is the only one they can actually call on and have show up. Dwayne and Dave are busy, Austin won't "go", Sting is umming an ahhing, Bill is not the same and knows it and Taker is a shell... Where are the other stars they can call on?

There are none. But "Good 'Ol Y2J" rather than it being him dictating his terms etc is more than happy to work with them if it works for him and they promote him accordingly. He's still one of the top 5 wrestlers most people would know/recognise, even if it's cos they're metal fans or remember the dancing or singing show he did...

Every return he has made has been a big deal and the fans certainly think he is a star, their reactions every time he does return say so. Does he need the title to be that star no... neither did the Hogan generation other than Hulk himself and neither do Cena, Jericho, Punk or Orton... he might get it this time or more likely his 10th IC title which would actually mean more in the scheme of things.

But you don't get to his position without being a top star... you don't see Shelton Benjamin making constant returns or Matt Hardy...

I'm a massive Chris jericho fan and I think having him back for what ever time scale can only benefit the wwe product in what ever capacity, we all know that any feud he partakes in will be worth watching and the match will almost certainly be the best of the night, the current direction that it's heading with bray wyatt has the potential to be amazing the mic work alone will be worth the money and I expect the story will also be the top reason to watch wwe programmes, interesting why they threw the Miz in as well possibly a match with Miz at battleground and then bray at summer slam? It's a shame that they didn't have jericho replace wade on the ppv

Well chris jerkiko can continue jobbing his career away and get nowhere as he always does. TNA is one phone call away chris get aggressive and be more competitive grow some balls and face stiff competition @ TNA but he is too scared to go t o TNA and face Bobby Roode, MVP, Lashley, Bully Ray , Samoa Joe
Any feud jerkiko partakes will be worthless watching as all he does is put talent over and is becoming the puppet HHH, Stephanie and Vince own he continues kissing Vinnies bareass . You can easily defeat Lashley for the T NA title or job away at wwe lol

Well chris jerkiko can continue jobbing his career away and get nowhere as he always does. TNA is one phone call away chris get aggressive and be more competitive grow some balls and face stiff competition @ TNA but he is too scared to go t o TNA and face Bobby Roode, MVP, Lashley, Bully Ray , Samoa Joe
Any feud jerkiko partakes will be worthless watching as all he does is put talent over and is becoming the puppet HHH, Stephanie and Vince own he continues kissing Vinnies bareass . You can easily defeat Lashley for the T NA title or job away at wwe lol

Considering his band is his main priority and he enjoys his few months run on WWE tv, why would he come there? So you want him to come to TNA, win the title and leave a couple months later? Makes perfect sense.

Really? You want to do this? They TOLD YOU HIS RESUME AND WHY HE IS A STAR!

They ran down every one of his achievements as he entered that ring last night, that he is known for being a Rock Star, not just a "hobby band" but a legit touring band, he did Dancing With The Stars, one of the top TV shows in the world, he has a very successful podcast/radio show and ALSO has shed loads of wrestling accolades. WWE hasn't always treated Jericho as a star all the time but last night they did a very strong job of making sure everyone knows he IS one and always has been.

Oh for fucks sake...yes, let's do this, you cretinous asshole.

If I ask someone on the street who Fozzy is, they're going to say "Who?" If I say "Chris Jericho", maybe if they are a wrestling fan, they'll know, and maybe if they watched Dancing w/ The Stars, they'll remember him from that season they he was on.

Chances are a LOT greater that they'll know Lesnar because of run as UFC champion. Yes, there is a world of difference between UFC and a goddamn podcast, a one-time contestant on a fucking reality show, and a band that most people haven't even heard of.

You are living in a fucking bubble if you think otherwise.

He's not a star, they don't call him.

So by that rationale, Rob Van Dam must be a star.

He's not begging to work for them. But in a WWE seriously short of stars at the moment he is the only one they can actually call on and have show up. Dwayne and Dave are busy, Austin won't "go", Sting is umming an ahhing, Bill is not the same and knows it and Taker is a shell... Where are the other stars they can call on?

Again, there is a world of difference from calling on The Rock, Lesnar, or Austin...and calling on Chris Jericho. I'm saying Yes, there is a stratification in the "Top Star" department, and it is crazy to think that Jericho = Lesnar much less Jericho > Lesnar in the star department.

There are none. But "Good 'Ol Y2J" rather than it being him dictating his terms etc is more than happy to work with them if it works for him and they promote him accordingly. He's still one of the top 5 wrestlers most people would know/recognise, even if it's cos they're metal fans or remember the dancing or singing show he did...

Again, living in a bubble. Wrestling fans know and remember Chris Jericho. The minor, minor subset of people in the world who know Fozzy know Chris Jericho. This is much, much less than the number of people who know Brock Lesnar. This is my point...I know you want to trot out his stint on Dancing with the Stars, and I'm shocked you haven't mentioned his time hosting another reality TV show. I'm just gonna say right now: It's irrelevant because it's C list shit.

Every return he has made has been a big deal and the fans certainly think he is a star, their reactions every time he does return say so. Does he need the title to be that star no... neither did the Hogan generation other than Hulk himself and neither do Cena, Jericho, Punk or Orton... he might get it this time or more likely his 10th IC title which would actually mean more in the scheme of things.

But you don't get to his position without being a top star... you don't see Shelton Benjamin making constant returns or Matt Hardy...

Blah blah blah blah. I'm not even sure what the fuck your point is. I've stated my point. If your point is that Jericho is a star WITHIN the WWE universe, I won't argue. If your point is that he is has equal fame OUTSIDE of the WWE universe to Lesnar, OR that Jericho draws more interest to the WWE than Lesnar does then you need to put down whatever crackpipe you are smoking.

I'm over this whole moronic tack you're taking.

I don't see any reason to complain about Chris Jericho coming back for a 4-5month run or whatever length it is. Be grateful he is back at all, and doing it the right way in that he will be appearing on Raw/SD each week and doing the house shows, unlike most part-timers these days.

Jericho is a great talent, and while it could be argued beating him means less than it used to- as he has put over alot of talent in his recent returns, you are almost certain to see some fantastic matches, Jericho rarely disappoints. I'm also really looking forward to seeing his confrontations on the mic with guys like Bray Wyatt, that could be great.

Jericho has alot of other projects going on, he doesn't NEED to come back. He does it because he loves wrestling, and still wants to contribute while he is able to perform at a high level, to help build the next generation of stars. Why moan about that, would you rather he wasn't on the show at all. I don't care if it's only for a short run, seeing Jericho at all is a good thing.

Welcome back Chris, I look forward to seeing you steal the show once again.

Well chris jerkiko can continue jobbing his career away and get nowhere as he always does.

"Get nowhere as he always does"

More Intercontinental titles than anyone in history
The first Undisputed Champion in wrestling history
Many other titles in WWE, WCW and ECW

Yeah, Jericho has consistently gone "nowhere" in his career. Yes, he puts alot of talent over on his returns these days- to try and help boost the career of future stars. He does the job to help the business, not demand the win like so many other veterans have done over the years. Would you rather he come in, beat every young star WWE have then fuck off again? He isn't "jobbing his career away". He doesn't need to return to WWE, he's got his music career to go back to whenever he wants to.

I hope Jericho wins a title of some sort on his return, defends it and then drops it to a young star before he leaves.

Probably the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on here. Congrats.

Jericho has done it all. He has absolutely no reason to go to the minor leagues. He doesn't care about titles and winning or losing at this point.

The reason why I've never minded how Jericho comes and goes is cause how he spends his time back. When he comes back it may only be for a few months but he commits to it. He'll be at raw every week, a lot of smackdowns, and some house shows. On top of that he puts in effort. He doesn't phone it in, and just come back and do the exact same thing. Whether its who he feuds with, or small tweaks to his character he does something to differentiate it from his past returns. Unlike RVD, no hate towards the whole F'n show but in my eyes he just looks like he's on auto pilot all the time. Y2J puts on good matches and puts guys over. Chris Jericho has reached a point where the fans will always see him as credible, so he can come back and puts guys over, not lose anything, and give a newer guy a good push in the process. Also when it comes down it the crowd always pops big for the return so it makes for an entertaining moment. I can totally understand some have issues with the way he comes and goes, but me I like it and have no issue against it.

Having Chris jericho back can only benefit the roster if 95 per cent of the locker room Could learn even one per cent of what he offers the standard will rise, there are not many who can work the mic as well, he can be a great heel and face and of course is 95 per cent of the time best match of the night he even got a good match out ryback last year, I can see a feud of the year with bray wyatt I hope after this feud he has a little run in with hhh after he called jericho a B+ player,

Having Chris jericho back can only benefit the roster if 95 per cent of the locker room Could learn even one per cent of what he offers the standard will rise, there are not many who can work the mic as well, he can be a great heel and face and of course is 95 per cent of the time best match of the night he even got a good match out ryback last year, I can see a feud of the year with bray wyatt I hope after this feud he has a little run in with hhh after he called jericho a B+ player,

Could not agree more. And even moreso, Jericho and Stephanie need to go at it verbally again! With Jericho a face and Stephanie a heel in a position of authority.....first time since 2000-01 that's been the case! Need them to go at it, leading to a Jericho-HHH confrontation....or even a match. Maybe Jericho could actually win for once, since HHH is losing left and right now.

Could not agree more. And even moreso, Jericho and Stephanie need to go at it verbally again! With Jericho a face and Stephanie a heel in a position of authority.....first time since 2000-01 that's been the case! Need them to go at it, leading to a Jericho-HHH confrontation....or even a match. Maybe Jericho could actually win for once, since HHH is losing left and right now.

Pardon my asking but what does anybody gain in this feud? Jericho is here to help push new talent? That's what HHH is trying to do, so why feud with each other? I'd like to see it too but it serves no purpose at all xD

Pardon my asking but what does anybody gain in this feud? Jericho is here to help push new talent? That's what HHH is trying to do, so why feud with each other? I'd like to see it too but it serves no purpose at all xD

Well.....the fans gain something fun to watch? I mean....it's supposed to be fun to watch, right? Is the focus 24/7/365 on "pushing new talent"?

It can be incorporated into pushing new talent. Let Jericho get into a verbal confrontation with Stephanie and hit the codebreaker on HHH.....and then have him wrestle Rollins and lose. There's the new talent push.

I don't see any reason to complain about Chris Jericho coming back for a 4-5month run or whatever length it is. Be grateful he is back at all, and doing it the right way in that he will be appearing on Raw/SD each week and doing the house shows, unlike most part-timers these days.

Jericho is a great talent, and while it could be argued beating him means less than it used to- as he has put over alot of talent in his recent returns, you are almost certain to see some fantastic matches, Jericho rarely disappoints. I'm also really looking forward to seeing his confrontations on the mic with guys like Bray Wyatt, that could be great.

Jericho has alot of other projects going on, he doesn't NEED to come back. He does it because he loves wrestling, and still wants to contribute while he is able to perform at a high level, to help build the next generation of stars. Why moan about that, would you rather he wasn't on the show at all. I don't care if it's only for a short run, seeing Jericho at all is a good thing.

Welcome back Chris, I look forward to seeing you steal the show once again.

Seeing jerkiko as DDP called him in WCW is like seeing halley's comet every 75 years lol too bad for chris TNA is one phone call away for him he would rather put talent over and be the puppet with strings that HHH and Stephanie have on him or he can easily head to TNA defeat Lashley for the TNA title

Seeing jerkiko as DDP called him in WCW is like seeing halley's comet every 75 years lol too bad for chris TNA is one phone call away for him he would rather put talent over and be the puppet with strings that HHH and Stephanie have on him or he can easily head to TNA defeat Lashley for the TNA title

Seriously, how the fuck is Jericho a "puppet" for HHH and Stephanie. Jericho comes back when he wants to, no-one forces him to do anything. When he isn't touring with Fozzy, he comes back to WWE for as long as he chooses. HE PUTS OVER TALENT TO HELP THE BUSINESS.

I really don't understand how you don't understand this, and of course Jericho wouldn't want burn his bridges with WWE for a short term TNA title run, infront of a few hundred fans, when he can pick and choose his WWE dates, wrestle infront of far larger crowds and be guaranteed a HOF entry when he decides to call it a day.

Wyatt gains another rub from working with a WWE legend, and Jericho gains a paycheck and a forum to entertain while working with a character that is unlike anyone he has ever worked with before. It's a perfect match and I think the feud will be great.

Though not a fan, I'm not complaining. Chris Jericho is reliable in the ring, and on the mic, that's for sure. The likelihood of him screwing up a match or promo is unlikely. Bray Wyatt is in safe hands.

I'm not all that excited to see Jericho back, but I'll admit, his return on Monday was a nice little surprise. I'm just glad WWE decided to go with a Jericho return without all the hoopla. It worked at the Royal Rumble and it works now, because the formula for using cryptic videos teasing a second coming or an apocalyptic arrival is stale and it's been stale for a few years now. Plus, it kills the shock factor, when you're sitting around wondering, who the mystery man is. Every time my expectations went from "The suspense is killing me!" to "Oh, look. It's Jericho..........again."

I don't have anything against another Jericho return, but his last run was underwhelming. Jericho faced CM Punk in a match for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 28, and he continued the feud for another excellent match at Extreme Rules 2012. Fast forward past 2012, and he's in a mediocre feud with Ryback and he has a forgettable match with Fandango at Wrestlemania 29. That's a big step down for using Jericho as the go-to-guy to put someone over.

With that said, I'm sure Jericho could provide a much needed spark for Bray Wyatt. After coming out on the losing end in a feud with Cena and losing the WWE WHC match, Bray needs something to remain relevant before he falls down the totem pole. Picking up a convincing win over a former world champion and future Hall Of Famer will help, and Jericho should deliver a pair of quality matches with Bray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back