Your thoughts on Chris Jericho?

vampireblade

Simply Amazing
I think it's safe to say Chris Jericho has everyone's respect.That being said many people have mixed feelings about him So I want to know what your feelings on him are.

Personally my thoughts on Jericho is that the man is one of my all time favorites and its pretty much the fact that he is the entire package he can get a reaction out of everybody no matter what he's doing. He's an incredible wrestler an amazing talker and one of the funniest men in wrestling. I don't know about many of you guys but every time he speaks i find myself holding on to every word he says.As for my favorite moment from Chris Jericho I loved his timeless encounters with Stephanie McMahon particularly when Rock and him had their back and forth insults of her. So my questions are:

What is your favorite Chris Jericho moment?

What are your thoughts on Chris Jericho?

Jericho is probably the best well rounded entertainer in wrestling, period. Fantastic in the ring, can be both an outsatnding heel, and face. He is my all time favourite wrestler. Jericho has had so manny great moments, but my favourite was his WWF Debut.

IMO the best debut ever. It was a mark out moment, and still gives me goose bumps.

Thoughts on Chris Jericho

Having been a massive Jerichoholic since 1995, I have to admit that not only is he my favourite of all time, he also helped influence me as far as the e-wrestling thing I did from the late 90s for a bunch of years.

Immensely talented on the mic and in the ring and I don't think I can recall him having a bad match. If you need someone to make someone look a million dollars (and the opponent isn't in the calibre of Jericho himself) then he's the man to go to.

Extremely funny too.

Favourite Jericho moment

Hard to pick, most of my Jericho highlights come from WCW though so I guess match wise, his Mask vs Title match against Juventud Guerrera and promo wise, his whining about how Konnan cheated to beat him for the TV title one week prior and each version of events got gradually more ludicrous (from having his hand on the bottom rope to having his entire torso underneath the rope to break the count that still went unnoticed and included a stupid number and list of weapons supposedly used even though Konnan pinned him clean in the middle of the ring)

As you said most wrestling fans do respect the man. But I think hes a B list wrestler and entertainer. He never drew like the monsters of wrestling. I dont think he is very funny- kind of college frat boy humor- I did think he was funny when I was a kid though. He is good on the mic, great in the ring which is all you can really ask for, with that said, there is just something missing for me with Jericho. Hes not as entertaining as watching Rock or Stone Cold and I dont think hes as funny as Mic Foley or Shawn Michaels can be. His look isnt as great as some of the best. Hes just a good solid upper card guy when all is siad and done.

AHH, was wondering when this topic would come up. Hm this is a touchy subject for me. I mean, I like the guy in the ring and as an entertainer (mostly face, heel Jericho was good just not the same to me) but I just wish he stayed a little while longer in his last run.

I like(d) Jericho becuase he is a small guy and he was funny as hell as a face. He was damn near great in the ring and can make Khali look credible. He could cut a sic promo and always grabbed your attention very quickly. The guy was a crusierweight in WCW and the first ever Undisputed WHC in WWF(E). He just had what it took, but was still always a filler ME guy. He was not as big a draw as Trips, Shawn, Rock and SCSA(so I've read from this site and not sure if it's true or not so don't quote me) but in my eye's he was. He beat both Rock and SCSA in 1 night!!!! He is very good at everything he does. He's a good face and a good heel. (I don't like heel Jericho tho) An he could entertain and get the job done everynight.

My favorite Jericho moment is clearly when he won the UNDISPUTED championship!!!! Greatest moment ever and yes I know he was a heel then too. I liked the Y2J heel, just not this last heel run. So, all in all, I like Face Jericho better than Heel Jericho. I like both Face and Heels, but Jericho was the first Face I liked more than anyone. I give Jericho, Y2J, a B+ for his entire WWE run he has, and in my eyes he will be a HOF.

My favorite Y2J moment is definitely his debut when he interrupted the Rock and showed instantly that he was capable of hanging with the best the industry had to offer. Mark my words, Chris Jericho is one of the best ever both on the mic and in the ring, making him IMO one of the best wrestlers in the entire history of professional wrestling. Y2J did everything HBK did but I think Jericho had more charisma than Michaels. Y2J ranks 3rd on my list of mic greats and somewhere in the top 10 on my in ring greats - making him the only wrestler other than Flair to appear on both lists for me. He's electrifying, entertaining as either face or heel, a great worker, and a true legend in this business.

The most winningest Intercontinental Champion of all-time and a 5-time World Champion, the first ever Undisputed Champion, his well-deserved accolades speak for themselves.

Well, Chris Jericho is incredible in the ring and he also is an outstanding athlete. His mick skills are very good (Not the best I have ever seen, but not the Worst either). He plays both face and heel really well. I remember him mostly for his rivary with The Rock and the fact that he became the first ever Unisputed Champion. He is one of those guys that went to the top of the ladder through hard work. One thing that I also like about Chris is that he has the ability to evolve his character and work verry well with anything he is given, in ring or outside the ring.
I can't really say what my favourite moment is because i started watching wrestling 2 years ago so I will take the easy pick and that's when he won the WWE Undisputed Championship.

I always liked Chris Jericho. He could talk great and he could wrestle. My favorite Jericho moment was when he showed the before and after pictures showing off Stephanie's boob job.

I consider Jericho to be among the elite of all time. He was always a personal favorite of mine and could put on a clinic in the ring. He has had so many defining moments but here on the ones that really stood out to me.

1.Beats HHH for the WWE Title on Raw- Before we went on to be the 1st undisputed champ, be beat HHH for the WWE Title after answering what i believe was an open challenge to the locker room. Jericho had never held a World Title at this point in his career. At the time HHH was a super heel and the roster was short on headlining faces due to injuries and what have you. Jericho came out and and got the three count after hitting a Lion Sault. THe crowd popped huge and a star was born. All though the decision was reversed and Y2J had to give back the title it showed the world that vince and co were invested with Jericho for the long run. WWE almost never has the champ drop the belt to a fan favorite mid carder like that. Very epic and very under rated moment.

2. Jericho becomes first Undisputed Champ The invasion was over and the two biggest heavy weight titles in wrestling history were about to become one. WCW and WWE had been battling it out in the monday night wars for years and the time had come for one major promotion and one heavy weight champ. It was poetic justice for Jericho to win after being horribly underutilized in the WCW. It kind of proved that WCW failed because they were neglecting their young talent. Not to mention He had to beat Austin and The Rock (Two of the three biggest names in wrestling history) to do it.

3. Millenium Clock Ends- Y2J Debuts on Raw Its been said a million times, greatest debut ever.

4. Man of 1001 Holds- Feud with Dean Melenko At the time every one knew him as the kid with a lot of talent. But this feud proved he wasn't just talented, he was one of the most talented in the world. He was able to go toe to toe with one of the most technically sound wrestlers of all time. During their feud Jericho's ring work was just as smooth as his seasoned opponent. And even though they were both cruiser weights it proved Jericho could transcend the high flying style of wrestling that he made a name in and wrestle with the best.

5. First Heal Turn on Nitro- All though he was able to get the crowd behind him under his face "Lion Heart" gimmick, it wasn't until his heal turn that he really started to make an impact. I believe it started with him throwing a tantrum after a loss, asking for forgiveness from the audience the next week, then doing the same thing. From that moment on wrestling fans started getting a taste of Jericho's amazing mike skills and promo work. He had some great face runs in his career but his legacy will seal his name as one of the great heels.

He's continually shown great dexterity in his craft, he can pretty much wrestle anyone and make them look good, and doesn't mind jobbing. Chris is inovative with his charachter and tries to re-invent himself each and every run and he's never platitude.

Wrestling could do with more Chris Jericho's.

My fave Jericho moment was when he beat Triple H on raw but only to have the decision reversed. He got over massive and I think it was from that reaction that made WWE creative aware they needed to revisit this angle or give Jericho a push to the top of the card.

Chris Jericho is honestly my 2nd favorite wrestler of all time. I absoultely love him. He's great in the ring, he can squeeze the most boo's and cheers out of any crowd and he has such charisma that's it's not even funny.

My favorite Y2J moment was actually a personal one because I met him at Wrestlemania Axxes for Wrestlemania 26. (Edge VS Jericho) He was giving an interview and he was just such a real person that I had to admire him. He was the heel form of John Cena. And by that I mean that he stood by his heel but made it seem real as John Cena does his face.

Chris jericho is the best in the world at what he does. Great all around! Great inring abilities and has a great mic capability. His look, style, abilities, hes just the total pacage.

I enjoy every jericho moment that will and has been.

he never drew big money cause he was never given a chance to
You mean like when they booked him over Rock and Austin in the same night to win the undisputed title and then put him in the last match over Rock/Hogan as a heel against a hot babyface returning from injury at Wrestlemania?

No, Jericho is a very good draw, but he's not a HUGE draw. He's had plenty of choices. You don't main event as many shows as he has and then say "never given the shot". If you mean he was never promoted as THE top guy it's because when he main events, the numbers that the smart business people who run shit probably see that he doesn't draw as much as other guys.

In pro wrestling you don't get pushed and then become a draw. You get over with what they give you, then push you, then you get more over, then they push you some more and around and around it goes. If all it took was pushing a guy to get him over then it'd be easy and WWE would be the biggest company (not just wrestling) in the world.

My thoughts on Chris Jericho? Oh, well let me tell you! I am the guy who has always been drawn to the faces ever since I started watching wrestling in the early-mid 1990's. I cheer guys like John Cena, Stone Cold, The Hardys & Rey Mysterio, leaving me to heavily boo the hell out of the heels. But, Chris Jericho made liking a heel fun. In terms of my favorite wrestler, no doubt, a tie between Jeff Hardy & John Cena. In terms of wrestling ability, Jericho is number 1. I don't care what anybody says, Chris Jericho, yes, not HBK, is the best all-around ring performer there has ever been. He truly is the best in the world. Today, I cheer faces still, but I cheer many heels as well, such as Edge, R-Truth, The Miz, Christian & Mark Henry. But Chris was the one who made me realize that heels can be cheered & cam be a favorite wrestler of yours. Jericho was a great face, but an even better heel (anybody remember Edge?). Chris had amazing wrestling ability, could tell a story in the ring, as well as in his promos. Jericho could go one-on-one with John Cena, The Rock & CM Punk & probably come out on top as the best talker. The thing is, he was under-rated! Sure, he was the first Undisputed WWE Champion, a multiple time World Heavyweight & 9-time IC Champ, as well as tag team champ, but he never got the bigger push that John Cena got. Chris should've went over Goldberg at Backlash '03, he should've won the WCW title in his WCW days & he should've defeated Triple H at WrestleMania. He made it into the main-event level, but in 2008 after losing the WHC, he started to be the top guy who would put people over. He did get back to his dominate main event level winning the WHC (pinning the Undertaker to win it, who Chris has also beat TWICE!) then defeating the returning Edge at WM26, before dropping it to Jack Swagger, who now swims in lower mid-card area. He had a lot of good moments in his career, whether it was being responsible for beginning John Cena's rocketing career in 2002, defeating The Rock & Stone Cold in one night, defeating 3 Hall of Famers at WM25, retaining his WHC against Edge at WM26 or even defeating Undertaker on Smackdown. Chris has done it all, although he should've done more. Chris is an icon, a Hall of Famers & one of my all-time favorite wrestlers. If I was in charge, I would book him to win the WWE title two more times if he came back & give him long runs with it. If you remember his RAW promo in 2011 where he talked about beating everybody, he's right as he's beaten everybody in his path. Jericho is the best in the world & deserves that moniker more than Undertaker, The Rock, CM Punk or Shawn Michaels.*

4. Man of 1001 Holds- Feud with Dean Melenko

Technically I believe it was The Man of 1,004 Holds (the four extra moved that he knew that Melenko didn't were: the reverse hip toss, the Canadian arm drag, the moss covered three handled family gradunzzle and... THE ARMBAR!!!)

but Jericho is great in that he can do anything. If he needs to be the funny babyface, he can do it and do it very well. if he needs to fly, he can do it and do it well. if he needs to be technical he can do it and do it well. and on top of that, he is one of the greatest heels the business has ever seen.

when was the last time you've heard of a heel in the modern era that incited violence from fans in the parking lot after a show? that is old-school heel heat that is nearly unheard of in modern-day WWE, yet Jericho had that kind of heat.

he also wasn't afraid to completely change his character. he went from the "Lion Heart", a strait laced, babyface with a baby face, to the whinny, crying, complaining, brash "Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rolla" with the crazy hair dos and facial hair (also one of the very few people in WCW at the time who turned heel and didn't do so by simply joining the nWo, or an nWo-like group). then when he jumped to WWE he basically took the exact same character that he was using in WCW, and brought it, unchanged, to the WWE and simply added another nickname to his already long list of nicknames, Y2J. the last person to do that was RIC FLAIR!!! think about that... and then the last incarnation of Chris Jericho, "The Best in the World at what He does", was just classic and should go down in history as one of the greatest characters ever. he took EVERYTHING that fans loved about Y2J and stripped them from his character. he changed everything about himself except his name, and he was still over... that is greatness.

and last, but not least, he seems to have his shit together in his personal life, and isn't afraid to walk away whenever he wants, which shows that he has actually saved his money and thought about the future, so hopefully he won't become another Hogan or Flair, who prostitute their legacy for a payday that they shouldn't need, but they do.

Chris Jericho to me is deff one the greatest wrestlers ever. The man is able to reinvent his character over and over while others are stuck doing the same mind numbing thing day in and day out. Not only that but he really is what i would a Renaissance man in terms that you can stick him anywhere on the card and still he will deliver. Put him with Santino, you get a funny segment. Match him up versus HBK and you get one of the most intense and personal rivariles that we have seen in a long time. Make him a tag champion, bam, he makes Big Show relevant. Put him up against Ricky Steamboat, you get a pretty damn good match. Not to mention his match vs Bryan on NXT, who else can do that In the wrestling business, Chris Jericho has the Midas touch, evreything is pure gold with him. Funny or serious, it doesn't matter, people stop and listen to what he's going to say.

Favorite Jericho Moment

Y2J vs HBK. I'm not just talking about after Flair's retirement either, though that was a great storyline, im also including the time leading up to their Wrestlemania match. The chemistry between these two was dynamic even back then and when you look back at some of the clips, especially how Y2J told HBK how he grew up wanted to be the next HBK and showing clips of how he mimicked him throughout his career, it really makes the rivarly over Flair even more special. Forget Austn-Rock, HHH-HBK, Cena-Edge/Orton/HHH, Y2J vs HBK was the best rivarly cuz Jericho was able to bring out the best in HBK and vice versa.

Favourite Jericho moment... hard to choose. But the debut is a no-brainer. Kicking HBK in the nuts after their awesome match at wrestlemania.. awesome. But for me i'd say my favourite Jericho moment is a match between himself and the Rock at No Mercy '01 for the WCW Championship.

Jerichos first World championship win AND proof that he could be more over than the Rock or Austin if the WWE would have let him. The fans were split 50/50 for this one and at some points, like when Chris reversed the Peoples Elbow into a Walls of Jericho, they were going even crazier for Y2J than they were the Rock. Fair enough the match was tainted by interference by Stephanie, which I don't think they needed, but the match was awesome nonetheless.

If they had made Jericho look as worthy a Main guy during any of his feuds with HHH, The Rock or Austin... he could have got even more over and taken nothing away from any of those guys. But they didn't and it's a shame.

So many to choose from, but his debut has to be up there. His verbal back and forth with the Rock was great.

I think Jericho plays a role the WWE needs and he does it perfectly. He can literally do anything for the company. Need someone to hold the IC title Jericho can do it. Need someone to hold the world title Jericho can do it. Need someone to put JTG over Jericho can do it. Losing matches doesn't dent his popularity because he's so good at getting heat. Plus he can make anyone look good.

If he comes back I'd love to see him used the way Kurt has been used in TNA on a regular basis where he gets put in with the young guys and asked to see how they do. Because lets face it if someone like Jericho can't pull a decent match out of you you ain't gonna make it.

I actually have a couple of favorite Chris Jericho moments. The first one alot of people may have mentioned, and that was his debut when he interrupted the Rock back in '99. Their exchange was legendary and one of my favorite promos of all time.

My second favorite moment was when Jericho was in WCW feuding with Dean Malenko when he deemed himself the man of 1004 holds. After his match, he had a list of all the moves he knows and he stayed in the ring listing all the moves...classic!

My third favorite moment was when he whooped Goldberg's ass in the locker room before a WWE event. Goldberg was a prick and got what he deserved.

I always respected Jericho because no matter people told him he couldn't do, he went out and did it. He's always moves to the beat of his own drum and put on incredible matches with anyone he was in the ring with. He made the cruiserweight division watchable and even when he moved on to the WWE, he showed us that you don't have to be 6' 6" 270 to be a champion. He has charisma and great in ring psychology and is one of the all time greats.

Favorite Jericho moment was his WWF debut, it was in your face and it instantly gave him credibility and a name. As for my thoughts on him he is a measuring stick, the young guys coming up today should be looking at him as the example to reach the top. I have never looked at a Jericho match or promo and felt the need to change the channel. I have never said the name Jericho allowed to myself and thought lame, bland, boring or so on. He has been great as a fan favorite and as a heel, he makes his opponents look like gold. Jericho is a legend simply put, few have ever had the level of charisma and athleticism that he has.

My favorite Jericho moment? It was the day he stepped away from the ring. I was tired of watching his mediocre main events. I was tired of the same boring old promo. If I had to pick a good moment? It was his final heel run. I thought it was decent. Other than that. He's had a mediocre main event career. And a solid Upper Mid card career.

Personally I think Jericho is the second most overrated WWE star ever behind Shawn Michaels. They were internet darlings and appealed to a certain type of people. He wasn't good enough to carry a show, but he was a solid filler. So honestly, I was never a fan and I don't miss him at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back