Charlie Haas' new gimmick(s)

It's hilarious. I'd love to see him win a match though. Vince probably won't let him win a match though seeing as how he doesn't like Haas all that much. Which is a shame, because Haas has amazing ring talent. I hope this gimmick does go on for quite awhile because let's face it, the possibilities are limitless to what he can do. It makes me laugh at home and I actually look forward to see what Haas will do that week. Along with anything Santino does, Haas is the comedy relief the show needs.

Well, Bret "The Hitman" Haas sure as hell got an almost Phoenix, Arizone style crowd reaction (you KNEW that had to happen! BURN or something. Am I doing this right?) and so far, the gimmick's been a bit inconsistent both in crowd reaction and entertainment value. Some of them are too obvious and some are not as well executed as they could have been, while some aren't really amusing, like "The Hitman" Haas. He got the entrance down to a T, but it wasn't funny.

I feel like it's starting to wear somewhat thin. I wouldn't be surprised to see it end soon, but I definitely wouldn't like it if it were to happen. It's still a sorely needed bit of entertainment on the currently lackluster programming that Raw is right now.

I like this new "gimmick change", they get better every week and even though some "smarks" find it as mocking its actually very funny and recently has been the only decent thing on RAW in my opinion. A guy that comes out to music that we have'nt heard for a while will allways get a pop, the crowd were confused when Haas came out to Stone cold's music and look at the huge pop he recieved even though most fans were dumbfounded. Another good example would be when Haas came out to hulk Hogan's theme, he got a huge pop then.

Someone as talented as Charlie Haas will allways make a gimmick like this work, the "promos" he done along with the gimmick have been great like before the match starts and he puts on a gimmicky mic show. Someone as big show would never be perfect for these gimmicks anyway, he has'nt got any charisma and isn't funny. Haas is seemingly funny so i think thats hwat makes a gimmicm work,how you act and your personality.

I hope its a push, i hope he does'nt end up like Super Crazy who was promised a push and nothing came of it. Haas is majorly talented and could go for the Ic title if he is given a push. His gimmick copying is getting better and better each week, i think its best Charlie Haas satys with this "gimmick" before challenging or feuding with anyone properly. He could possibly copy The Undertaker next..........

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Charlie Haas' new gimmick is good enough to keep him with a job, but it'll never be good enough to get him anywhere. Granted, he's actually improved from a guy pushing new comer's over in dark matches to a guy dressing up as former greats, or current Raw/SD/ECW superstars and getting air time.. still.

I think the only way this gimmick will work, is if they completely adapt Charlie to taking on whomever he's trying to be. In otherwords, completely make the character a "copycat" type gimmick in which he can WIN matches by using his opponent's finishing moves. If it didn't have stupidity written all over it, this gimmick could be a gold mine.

I loveds the WWE Fans didn't screw Vladimir Koslov, Vladimir Koslov screwed Vladimir Koslov." That was funny, though if he doesn't win soon his future is rather bleak.

The top 5 impersations for me are 1. Bret hart he had that one down perfectly if he wasn't against a monster heel it would've been better. 2. Jim Haas this is one of the few gimmick's he copied and won I liked it a lot. 3. Haas Pheonix that was just a huge surprise, and it was against Santino couldn't have been better in my opinion. 4. Haas Hogan the atomic leg drop almost hapened I thought it would. 5. Stone Cold Steve Haastin he got a huge pop too bad it was just a Stone Cold Steve Austin campaign for Cyber Sunday.

I'm going to solve this debate once and for all. Charlie Haas' gimmick is pure shit. It's crap. It's high grade manure. Hell, it's not even on the level of manure. It's way beneath it. To me, it is creative's way of saying "you know, we really aren't even going to try to give a shit anymore." I mean seriously, could they put any less into a man who has proved to be versatile and talented? Sure, he doesn't pull of EXACT imitations of the stars that he clones, but he does enough to where you can find SOMETHING for him to do other than this hack bullshit. Hell, between this and the Kung Fu Naki crap, it's not wonder ratings are slipping every week. Hopefully they will get a clue before it's too late and do something genuine with Haas before they completely make him a shit wrestler.

Well over the last few weeks, it would appear Creative have finally found a way to get Charlie Haas over with the crowd by taking other gimmicks and using them to get the crowd to cheer. I was shocked when I heard Haas actually manage to get a reaction.

The irony is...Charlie Haas has actually managed to make this gimmick work unlike the Big Show's attempt to do the same thing several years ago.

Is a win over JBL the start of a mini push for a man who has floundered shockingly since his seperation from Shelton Benjamin?

I don't think a win over JBL is the start of his mini push. The gimmick in general is what's getting his push. He does his gimmicks to almost a "T." The gimmick is hilarious and it "upsets" the wrestlers he's mocking, except for when he mocked Khali. I think Khali got a kick out of it. I swear I saw him try hard to not laugh. He couldn't keep a straight face. With Haas mocking certain wrestlers, it adds a little heat to the wrestlers' fire so to speak. I believe the fans truly enjoy seeing Haas in the "spotlight." Granted it's not a big "spotlight" for him, but at least he's getting noticed again.

I kinda want to see Haas come back now. He has been off TV for a bit, and I miss him. He was hilarious with his impersonations, but I feel like maybe they used the good ones too early, like Haas Hogan and Stone Cold Steve Haastin. They should have saved those and given him smaller ones. If it kept going people would definetely get on board and start cheering him more and more. The guy was great. He really made me feel as if the real wrestler was coming out. I hope they work on this, think of more gimmicks and bring him back!

I could definitely be wrong about this, but when the impersonations first started, I had the feeling that it was management's intention to give Charlie a foolish gimmick to make him look bad and that the next step would be to "wish him well in his future endeavors." To Vince's surprise, though, the gimmick caught on with the fans and forced him to keep Haas around.

And, as soon as the program shows signs of wearing thin................it's Goodbye, Charlie.

I hope I'm wrong because I like the guy, but time will tell.

What is wrong with sending him to ECW? Haas is a solid pro who has been around for some time now, and they just won't let him go. There are other stars that I could think of firing over him, Kane, Boogeyman just to name a few.

Acctually, I believe creative gave Haas the impersonation gimmick so he could get a feel for other unique gimmicks and then find a few to mix up and create his own.

Everyone (for the most part) knows Haas works hard and has the potential, he just needs a damn gimmick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back