Where is Charlie Haas?

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
In the 2009 WWE Draft, Charlie Haas was drafted from Raw to Smackdown. His best friend and former tag team partner, Shelton Benjamin was also on Smackdown. So, you'd figure that WWE would allow some type of association between the two and they did just that. They would accompany each other to the ring and even had a few tag team matches with them as partners.

In the 15-man trade, courtesy of Donald Trump, we saw Shelton Benjamin get traded to ECW again. That leaves Charlie Haas alone on Smackdown.

Is this good or bad for Haas? Will him and Shelton on different brands help Haas gain more exposure? Will we even see Haas on Smackdown again. Would it have been better if Haas were the one traded to ECW instead of Benjamin? Or will we see Haas wished the best in future endeavors?

Personally, I love Charlie Haas. But even though Benjamin might be the younger and more athletic superstar, Haas can succeed where Benjamin could not. Mic skills. Charlie Haas' mic skills aren't anything to go crazy about, but when he had his gimmick of imitating other superstars, he was given a lot of mic time. Sure, he did stumble on his words a few time, but if he had more practice, he would gain confidence on the mic.

So, I really hope that WWE actually has plans for Charlie Haas on Smackdown. He's a very talented individual and could have a pretty solid spot as a mid-card superstar if given the chance. What do you think will happen to Charlie Haas? Will we ever see him? Will he get a push in the near future?

Please keep anything related to Charlie Haas' spot and future on Smackdown here. Enjoy!

I don't know about you, but I loved Haas' impersonation gimmick. I'm not going to take Haas seriously as a competitor, and the impersonation gimmick really got him over. I want him to go back to it. It was funny, it was fun, and it gave him some screen time. Think of all the new superstars he can imitate on SD. Charlie Ortiz? Chane? It'd be entertaining, and enjoyable.

Problem is, he shouldn't need a gimmick to get over. A fantastic wrestler like Haas should be able to entertain people with his althletic ability, a la Chris Benoit, and not some cheesy gimmick. Sure, the imitations got him lots of air time, but certainly not a lot of wins. Great wrestlers are better of being just great wrestlers. Sadly, these days, the product is more about entertainment than it is actual wrestling, which puts Haas out in the cold. Personally, I would have loved it if Benjamin had remained on SmackDown!, and continued wrestling with Haas as the World's Greatest Tag Team. Hell, it would've given the tag team division a boost that it so sorely needs.

I think it's only a matter of time before Haas gets released.

Well this is unfortunate for Haas because I think WWE has honestly tried everything with this guy. No with Benjamin gone it seems as though Haas doesn't have anything to do on SmackDown. As I thought these two could be a credible addition to WWE's dying tag team division and I even thought maybe a possible tag team title reign would be there's eventually.

But with Benjamin gone it seems as though there is nothing for Haas to do. After that Mock A Gimmick' Gimmick I don't think people would take him seriously. Like Santino a big push for him would be non existent because he has been a comedy jobber for so long that no one will/would take him seriously.

So with Benjamin gone it looks as though Haas' road with WWE is over, and I think He will be "Future Endeavored" later on this year, but hey thats just my opinion.

Though I think Haas is a talented wrestler, I don't see how WWE could market him as a major star or anything. He doesn't have any real personality and he isn't so above and beyond better as a technical wrestler than the others that he could really stand out just through sheer skill alone. Therefore, he's basically on a conveyor belt to nowhere. Even if he were to go to TNA, I doubt he'd make a splash.

In reality, the best option for Haas might be to not aim for the stars, but aim for comfort. He doesn't have a grueling work schedule like some of the others, where he has to wrestle on ppvs and through gimmick matches and worry about tons of pressure being put on his shoulders. He's, for the most part, only being used for sporadic Smackdown appearances, as filler in a rare battle royal type situation, and for house shows and autograph signings. He won't get the fame, but he'll get paid a decent amount of money to do what he loves to do, and in the #1 company as well. Haas should be trying to figure out a way that he can cement himself as someone they'd like to use as a backstage trainer when he's too old/worn down to do it in the ring himself. That'd be the best option, in my mind, for Charlie when it comes to his career, because we can see after all these years that he's not going to suddenly skyrocket into the main event (or most likely not even to a credible midcard title reign) since there are simply much bigger and better fish to fry.

i actually haas more than shelton, because at least hes shown personality, and hes a terrific wrestler. i think wwe should market him how they did kurt angle in ecw, a wrestling machine, it would totally work. i figured they could give it shelton since they seem to like him more, but charlie is all around better imo

Umm I heard he's got a match with R-Truth? Well Haas is good in the ring but he has yet to show me any mic skills, or decent ones. Haas wont likely have a bright future in pro wrestling. I'm sorry it's the truth get over it! He was good as a tag wrestler but Shelton has moved on, and he's a fail as a Comedy jobber.

Repackage HAAS!
I would take a rip from Kurt Angle, give his former protege his old ECW wrestling machine gimmick.
Haas has the skills!
I would repackage him in to old Kurt Angle black singlet with the American bird and stars on it, have him come out with Kurt's music.
Have WWE hype him as some one coming back repackaged, with the Angle music playing. Lots of fans will think its Angle. Haas will make his return against the IC champ in a non title match.
*Angle's music hits*
Haas comes out in a jump suit with a hoodie so nobody knows who it is.
Does the Angle taunt with the fireworks on the ramp and hoodie flys off his head, and the fans see it is Haas, everyone is thinking WTF.
Haas then goes on to beat the champ in this non title match, putting on an awesome show.
In turn Haas can then be put over as a heel or a face depending on booking.

Repackage HAAS!
I would take a rip from Kurt Angle, give his former protege his old ECW wrestling machine gimmick.
Haas has the skills!
I would repackage him in to old Kurt Angle black singlet with the American bird and stars on it, have him come out with Kurt's music.
Have WWE hype him as some one coming back repackaged, with the Angle music playing. Lots of fans will think its Angle. Haas will make his return against the IC champ in a non title match.
*Angle's music hits*
Haas comes out in a jump suit with a hoodie so nobody knows who it is.
Does the Angle taunt with the fireworks on the ramp and hoodie flys off his head, and the fans see it is Haas, everyone is thinking WTF.
Haas then goes on to beat the champ in this non title match, putting on an awesome show.
In turn Haas can then be put over as a heel or a face depending on booking.

Say I'm part of the audience, and i see this happening....I'll just go WTF, and won't mark out at all because of the confusion.

Haas can wrestle like a beast, but at the same time, he falls flat on the personality area. He just can't find his niche gimmick-wise. And it won't matter whether the match was good or not...because the audience will be stupefied, and will be for just oen night. Besides, he can't get repackaged every show just for that.

Haas is jobber status right now, and he has to do something pretty drastic to get out of that foxhole he's in right now.

I got it!Have him job like he did before,even with the reunited WGTT.Kaoscage,absolutely not.Just because,no.Haas needs to do something incredible to make himself a non jobber.Just like Steven,who is the Shit,just said.

I'm a fan of Haas. If anybody could tell me who he pissed off to get the treatment he has now I'd love to know. I refuse to believe it's because he accidentally knock Lillian Garcia off the apron that one time. But yeah I think it would have been more beneficial for Haas to go to ECW and Benjamin to remain on SmackDown. Personally I think the WGTT should have stayed together to add to the tag division cause seperately they have nothing to do. Anyway I think if Haas starting rallying some wins and took the mic sometimes I think he can build a relationship with the audience.

A couple of months ago when WGTT had a very solid match with John Morrison and CM Punk I almost forgot that Haas was a jobber on Raw cause they let him put some good offense against John Morrison and the at time Money in the Bank winner CM Punk. I think tagging him with Benjamin for a little bit was WWE's way of seeing if the guy can stand toe to toe with some great stars. Haas definitely put his A game on in that match and I think if WWE decides to pass him the ball he can definitely run with it.

I mean Benjamin has been through a couple of funks too so maybe Haas can get one more chance to be a top contender and multiple IC Champion. Good luck Charlie hopefully somebody sees the potential in you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back