Calgary Region, Fourth Round: TLC: (2) Hulk Hogan vs. (3) Edge

Who Wins This Match

• Hulk Hogan

• Edge

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's hilarious that Will claims Edge lost to Cena in their TLC match because Lita's interference plans backfired but failed to mention Edge's win over Cena in Boston was due to interference from that same person.

Thought I'd point that out.

Edge only because of the stipulation.Imagine Hulk Hogan hanging on to the object and Edge spearing him like he speared Jeff Hardy.Although Hulk would probally hulk up like right after it but anyway.

Much like what happened to Triple H against Brock Lesnar, the stipulation really takes the match out of the hands of The Immortal One. It might be slightly unfair on him but that is what happens in this tournament and you can't compensate for that.

Hulk Hogan is legendary in the wrestling business but there is no reason that Edge cannot win here. I think in every single other match type Hogan takes the win here but I just cannot imagine Hulk Hogan climbing up a ladder and getting the win. Edge, on the other hand has been in more ladder match equivalents than I care to remember. From a very early stage in his career, he has been trained to put on one hell of a show in ladder matches and this was proven to be true during his feud with Hardy's and the Dudley's at the TLC matches.

Edge is a ladder match veteran and Hulk Hogan just cannot match that. Hogan puts up a good fight here but Edge uses his experience in the match type to pick up the win.

Hulk Hogan is legendary in the wrestling business but there is no reason that Edge cannot win here.

I've provided numerous reasons throughout this thread why Edge would not win.

I think in every single other match type Hogan takes the win here but I just cannot imagine Hulk Hogan climbing up a ladder and getting the win.

Yet he has climbed and scaled numerous cages throughout his career to pick up victories. A ladder is easier to climb then a cage.
Edge, on the other hand has been in more ladder match equivalents than I care to remember. From a very early stage in his career, he has been trained to put on one hell of a show in ladder matches and this was proven to be true during his feud with Hardy's and the Dudley's at the TLC matches.

Yes Edge has tons of experience and yes he puts on great shows in ladder matches, but who exactly has he faced in ladder/TLC matches that are near as great as Hogan? I'll answer the question for you, John Cena and The Undertaker. Edge lost to Cena in a TLC match and was dominated by Taker. It took interference from 4 men to give Edge the victory over Taker and I have already shown that Hogan would have back up making Edge's interference a moot point. Neither Cena nor Taker are as good as Hogan yet one beat Edge and the other had him beat. So how exactly does Edge win this again?

Edge has had three TLC matches, so he would definitely win this. I mean, he beat both Undertaker and Ric Flair in this stipulation, and they never lose gimmick matches. The one man he lost to was an unstoppable uber face who was always put into seemingly unwinnable situations only to overcome the odds unexpectedly, which is absolutely nothing like Hulk Hogan. I mean can Hogan even climb a ladder? He's really slow now he's in his fifties, so I assume he was when he was 30.

If you believe any of the above, you have so little wrestling understanding that I can't help you. I don't begrudge Edge fans voting Edge and oversimplifying wrestling history to help with their arguments, it's what we all do for our favourites, but how anyone can come into this objectively and see it as anything but a Hogan win is totally beyond me.

I have finally made up my mind. After originally leaning toward Edge I decided the right thing to do was vote Hogan. My vote doesn’t have anything to do with popularity or one’s impact on the business. It certainly doesn’t have anything to do with the ridiculous notion that Hulk Hogan could not climb a ladder. My dad is Hogan’s age and he just climbed a ladder no problem to clean his gutters. I think Hogan now, and especially in his prime could handle it. I decided to play fantasy booker, as I usually do, and decided Hogan was the more logical winner.

At first I thought the TLC match was going to allow me to vote Edge. If Hogan vs. Edge happened in just a regular match there’s no way Edge would win. TLC is the match that would be booked so Edge could beat Hogan. Then I thought about a more logical reason for booking that match. TLC is the match that would be booked so it would look like Edge could beat Hogan. Without TLC there is no drama. TLC allows people to think Edge could win and even puts Hogan in an underdog position. As he so often has Hogan would overcome the odds and pull out another victory. How do most TLC matches end? With some sort of big spot where the loser goes crashing through a table. Who’s more likely to be the one to crash and burn? TLC allows Edge to compete with but not overcome Hulk Hogan.

When you think of TLC, you think of the Dudley Boyz, Jeff and Matt Hardy and then Christian and Edge. You don't think of Hulk Hogan.

Edge helped define an era of these matches that Hogan wouldn't have a chance in. Sure, he'd try to "Hulk Up," but Edge would either hit him with a ConChairto or throw him off a ladder into a few tables.

This one goes to Edge.

I figured I'd throw this one out there, for no other reason than to continue to stir the pot.

WWE released a DVD called "Top 50 Superstars of All-Time". Below is the listing of Edge, and Hulk Hogan.

19. Edge
20. Jerry Lawler
21. Lou Thesz
22. Terry Funk
23. Hulk Hogan

Now, while I'm all more than sure that every Hulk Hogan lovin' blind-eyed follower is going to jump all over this list as being worthless, the shear fact that Hulk Hogan made his name in the same Company that turns around and considers him LESS important than a guy like Edge, or Jerry Lawler for that matter, should tell you exactly how a match that was made famous in the WWE would go.

1.) This Tournament is NOT a product of the WWE. Which means you can throw out Hulk Hogan winning because "it's what he did, all the time". It's only what he did, in their Company. In other Companies - he lost more matches, and in clean fashion.

2.) That list is a WWE created list, fully acknowledging the achievements and historical events of both wrestlers - and yet, Edge is above the guy who's name is synonymous with Wrestling. I don't care how much you can't stand Edge, for the WWE to believe he's above Hogan, it says enough.

3.) Before anyone runs off at the head that the WWE didn't put Hogan toward the top because he's in TNA - bullshit. Bret Hart wasn't exactly their favorite person in the world, and he came in at #4. Randy Savage is down right someone McMahon publicly dislikes, and could even be said to hate - yet he comes in at #14.

4.) This was made when Edge was still a 9-time World Champion. He's since won it 2 additional times. I'm sure that may have increased his chances of continuing to move up the rankings. Meanwhile, Hogan's glory days are long gone and not coming back.

Now then.. ;) Let the shit flinging and cluster-complaining begin.

Like I said, I don't begrudge people changing history to help their argument, but there's no way I could let this post be the last word in this thread.

I figured I'd throw this one out there, for no other reason than to continue to stir the pot.

WWE released a DVD called "Top 50 Superstars of All-Time". Below is the listing of Edge, and Hulk Hogan.

A list that puts Eddie Guerrero along way above both of them.

Now, while I'm all more than sure that every Hulk Hogan lovin' blind-eyed follower is going to jump all over this list as being worthless, the shear fact that Hulk Hogan made his name in the same Company that turns around and considers him LESS important than a guy like Edge, or Jerry Lawler for that matter, should tell you exactly how a match that was made famous in the WWE would go.

Shawn Michaels is above Steve Austin, who won the real match between them?
Triple H is above John Cena, who won the real match between them?
Andre the Giant is above Hulk Hogan, who won the real match between them?
Ultimate Warrior isn't even on the list...

It's as if the list has absolutely no relevance to results between the people on it.

1.) This Tournament is NOT a product of the WWE. Which means you can throw out Hulk Hogan winning because "it's what he did, all the time". It's only what he did, in their Company. In other Companies - he lost more matches, and in clean fashion.

Hulk Hogan was undefeated in AWA for the best part of two years. Hulk Hogan is the longest reigning WCW Champion of all time. He is also the second longest reigning WCW Champion of all time. He was a heel for most of his WCW stint, so obviously he lost clean more times. How many times has he lost clean as a face? Maybe once?

Edge on the other hand has beaten hardly anyone clean. And how did he do outside of WWE? Well, I assume as you've brought it up when he's facing a man who held world championships outside WWE...

2.) That list is a WWE created list, fully acknowledging the achievements and historical events of both wrestlers - and yet, Edge is above the guy who's name is synonymous with Wrestling. I don't care how much you can't stand Edge, for the WWE to believe he's above Hogan, it says enough.

If anybody reading this really thinks that the WWE considers the contribution and relevance of Eddie Guerrero and Curt Hennig to be greater than Hogan (and world beater Edge for that matter), you are stupid. Simple as that.

3.) Before anyone runs off at the head that the WWE didn't put Hogan toward the top because he's in TNA - bullshit. Bret Hart wasn't exactly their favorite person in the world, and he came in at #4. Randy Savage is down right someone McMahon publicly dislikes, and could even be said to hate - yet he comes in at #14.

Bret Hart had wrestled at WrestleMania 6 months before this list was written. Savage is clearly being brought in from the cold after being blacklisted. Ultimate Warrior isn't on the list, but Batista is. That's a pretty simple illustration of how politics come into this. There isn't a single WCW-centric wrestler on the list, and before you say "that's because its a WWE DVD", tell me how successful Lou Thesz, Gorgeous George, Dory Funk Jr and Nick Bockwinkel were in that company please.

4.) This was made when Edge was still a 9-time World Champion. He's since won it 2 additional times. I'm sure that may have increased his chances of continuing to move up the rankings. Meanwhile, Hogan's glory days are long gone and not coming back.

Again, world championships mean nothing on this list. Gorgeous George and Roddy Piper held a total of zero World Titles yet they feature above Ric Flair, who has won more than zero. This is a really weak argument based on a really weak basis.​

If this was a contest of legacies, Hulk Hogan would walk out with his head held high in victory. But in a TLC match, Edge takes the win no matter what decade it is. Edge has been a part of all the best TLC matches, and he's really innovated the hardcore style in the WWE. You can argue that Hogan deserves to win because he's the better draw, but rules are rules. It's a hypothetical TLC match, and there's no way Hogan wins it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back