Calgary Region, Fourth Round: TLC: (2) Hulk Hogan vs. (3) Edge

Who Wins This Match

• Hulk Hogan

• Edge

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a fourth round match in the Calgary Region.

This match takes place in the Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

front.jpg

It is a TLC Match.

Rules: In this contest, the match is won by climbing a ladder and retrieving the object hanging above the ring. The use of tables, ladders and chairs are all allowed and these items will be placed around ringside.

#2 Hulk Hogan

hulk-hogan.jpg

Vs.

#3 Edge

Edge-TlC-2010-edge-17906800-316-390.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 60 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting will open in 48 hours and will be open for five days and all posts must be non-spam. You may use the 48 hours to present your cases as to why either competitor should/should not win.​

Damn the old timers are getting some horrible draws in this round. Their is no doubt in my mind that Edge would win this match simply because of the TLC stipulation. It's a shame Hogan had to leave the tournament early once again because of a bad draw in a gimmick match.

What the hell kind of draw is this for Hogan? TLC is probably the only way Edge could even dream of advancing over the Hulkster. I not totally counting Hogan out but he could not have gotten a worse stipulation. Considering Edge has all kinds of experience here and Hogan does not have any I don't see voters letting Hogan move on. However, this is just the kind of match Hogan would pull off in his prime; one where he is not expected to win. Beating his opponent at his own game is something Hogan would be booked to do. I'm leaning toward Edge but can't see myself not voting Hogan. Someone convince me.

Fuck the TLC match stipulation. You can throw it out the window right now because we are talking about Hulk Hogan. One of the greatest superstars if not THE greatest of all time. You want to know the name of the guy who in this era is the closest to Hulk Hogan? His name is John Cena. You want to know who beat Edge in a TLC match before? John Cena. If Cena can do it then you know damn well Hogan can. This goes to Hulk and it shouldn't be close.

The TLC match favors Edge on paper, but that might be it. Remember Unforgiven 2006, John Cena vs. Edge, TLC. In a match so favoring Edge, he lost, and in Canada as well if I remember right. So three factors right there.

1. John Cena is this generations Hulk Hogan, just not as good.
2. Edge has lost a TLC match before to someone with no ladder match experience.
3. Edge has lost said match in his hometown, negating the inevitable "Well it's in Canada" argument.

I won't even get into the fact that Kane has won 2 multi-man ladder matches (TLC and MITB), and the Undertaker won a ladder match against a ladder match expert in Jeff Hardy. Someone else will undoubtedly go into that argument.

As I mentioned in another thread, if Kane can win a Ladder match, then Hulk fucking Hogan can climb a damn ladder.

This is one of two stipulations that I had doubts about Hogan being able to win, with the other one being a race to see who could cross Canada's boarder faster. Edge's Canadian citizenship might prove too much for Hogan to handle.

But back to the TLC. Edge has been hailed as the master of the TLC match for years now. Edge doesn't always win his TLC matches, but he does always find a way to do wild amount of damage and pull off some pretty unbelievable spots, and Hulk Hogan has never even come close to taking some of the bumps he'd take in a TLC match with Edge.

Hogan, on the other hand, is Hulk Hogan, a real American, and a real American doesn't lose to Canadians, even if it is on Canadian soil. He also came out of a fairly easy match with Roddy Piper while Edge just squeezed out a victory in an Ultimate Submissions match with Eddie Guerrero.

Hogan has a lot of advantages in this match up... he has the size advantage, the strength advantage, the legacy, the record... but Edge has the experience in this type of match and the combination of viciousness and cunning to do some extreme damage to Hogan.

Can Hogan hulk up after being put through two tables and being speared through a metal ladder? Well... yes actually. There wasn't much that Hulk Hogan couldn't hulk up from, and when Hogan lost in his prime it was generally because he got screwed. Hogan is not getting screwed in this match, if Edge brings some of his friends to ringside, Hogan can bring the NWO or Randy Savage and friends.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Hogan. Edge is my favorite wrestler, but Hogan is in a league of his own.

hi guys first time poster but I couldn't resist posting being I am a big Hulk Hogan fan and am sad to see him go out like this but there is no way he could win this one he is just at to big a disadvantage with it being TLC and in Canada

Sorry Hulk I vote Edge

In most matches I would go with Hogan, hell this match pits my one of my favorites of all time against my favorite in current day, but Edge has the advantage in my eyes. The fact of the matter is that Edge has been in a TLC/ladder match and Hogan hasn't been, at least not to my knowledge, and that gives Edge a tremendous advantage in this match. Now, that doesn't completely eliminate Hogans chances at winning, hell I would never count Hogan out in any match but it definitely puts his back against a wall. Edge knows how to use the ladder and the other weapons, probably better then Hogan, at least in terms of the ladder. Edges experience gets him my vote.

:lmao: Fuck the hulk up. You say that Edge lost to Cena's first TLC and breaking Edge's streak (pun intented)? Well Edge has beaten Undertaker in a TLC and Taker has beaten a couple times Hogan. Btw this is just sarcasm, this "logic" right here is pure syllogism.

Edge has the experience the stamina. Hogan might have the "hulk up" but how many falls from a ladder can he take? I don't remember seeing Hogan in any kind of ladder match. He may be a blader, so the chair part is covered, but the bumps taken from a ladder and a table? I doubt it.

Hogan might be the "greatest" wrestler but I'm sorry, you don't always win, this time the stipulation favors completely Edge. You can't compare Cena to Hogan IN A TLC MATCH. I understand the comparison but at least Cena is far more athletic and agile than Hogan. What Hogan can to do to take out Edge? A leg drop from the top of the ladder? That would KILL Hogan.

Vote Edge.

Im voting Edge here-I wont lie, part of this is personal preference. But Edge's one single's loss to John Cena notwithstanding, this is his match.

He's won tag matches, single matches, and fatal four ways. This is his environment, and he's beaten everyone in his generation there is to beat outside of John Cena. I get the John Cena = Hulk Hogan of this generation, but it's Edge's experience, and the fact that he's won in each type of TLC enviornment that sways my vote.

He beat the Undertaker in this match, who knows a thing or two about beating Hulk Hogan. He won his tenth World Title in a Fatal Four Way in a vicious opponent in Kane, a quicker one in Rey Mysterio, and the grandiose style of Alberto Del Rio. He beat arguably the greatest wrestler of all time, Ric Flair, in a TLC match on Raw in 2006. I think it's safe to say there's very little that Edge has yet to see in the TLC match.

Im not forgetting about Hogan here, and I think there are factors that play in that weigh certainly in Hogan's favor. For one, which Ede will show up? Will it be the ruthless, vicious Edge,or the starstruck kid who grew up idolozing Hulk Hogan? I firmly believe that if Edge is even slightly distracted and in awe by his former hero, hewill lose this match. And that very well could hapopen the first time Edge puts Hogan through a table and Hogan simply hulks up. Many an opponent believed they had Hogan beaten only to feel completely out of their element and psched out upon the Hulk-up. Edge could possibly be no different.

However, I think Edge will have gotten this factor "out of his system" due to teaming with Hogan in 2002 to win the tag team titles. Any jitters or star struck eyes Edge may have had would be eliminated due to this. This isn't a vote against Hogan as much as it is a vote for Edge. He's seen it all, done it all, and beaten almost them all in this type of match environment. Hogan would be no different, and Edge wins this.

Im voting Edge here-I wont lie, part of this is personal preference. But Edge's one single's loss to John Cena notwithstanding, this is his match.

Ring the bell, Apollo, round two is starting.

He's won tag matches, single matches, and fatal four ways. This is his environment, and he's beaten everyone in his generation there is to beat outside of John Cena. I get the John Cena = Hulk Hogan of this generation, but it's Edge's experience, and the fact that he's won in each type of TLC enviornment that sways my vote.

John Cena is this generation's Hulk Hogan, but only Hulk Hogan is the real Hulkster. When Hulk Hogan was at the top of his game, nothing could stop him. If Hulk Hogan could get through Andre the Giant, I have no doubts that he would be able to make it through a few steel chair shots or a fall from a ladder.

He beat the Undertaker in this match, who knows a thing or two about beating Hulk Hogan. He won his tenth World Title in a Fatal Four Way in a vicious opponent in Kane, a quicker one in Rey Mysterio, and the grandiose style of Alberto Del Rio. He beat arguably the greatest wrestler of all time, Ric Flair, in a TLC match on Raw in 2006. I think it's safe to say there's very little that Edge has yet to see in the TLC match.

He beat Undertaker in a TLC... with the help of four other men. The Fatal Four way TLC is a whole different beast as his efforts are divided three ways, as they are for the other three men. The best measurement we have for how this match would go is his match against John Cena, which he lost. It was one on one, minimal interference, and it saw Cena walking out the victory.

Im not forgetting about Hogan here, and I think there are factors that play in that weigh certainly in Hogan's favor. For one, which Ede will show up? Will it be the ruthless, vicious Edge,or the starstruck kid who grew up idolozing Hulk Hogan? I firmly believe that if Edge is even slightly distracted and in awe by his former hero, hewill lose this match. And that very well could hapopen the first time Edge puts Hogan through a table and Hogan simply hulks up. Many an opponent believed they had Hogan beaten only to feel completely out of their element and psched out upon the Hulk-up. Edge could possibly be no different.

I think we'll get the totally focused Edge, but that doesn't matter. In his prime, Hulk Hogan only lost when he got screwed out of victory. Edge would be one of the likely suspects for screwing Hulk Hogan, but I just don't see him being successful at it in this match. Even if Edge did get La Familia or Christian or Lita or Rhyno to help him out, you then are forced to give Hogan the NWO or Randy Savage or one of his many other friends.

However, I think Edge will have gotten this factor "out of his system" due to teaming with Hogan in 2002 to win the tag team titles. Any jitters or star struck eyes Edge may have had would be eliminated due to this. This isn't a vote against Hogan as much as it is a vote for Edge. He's seen it all, done it all, and beaten almost them all in this type of match environment. Hogan would be no different, and Edge wins this.

He hasn't come close to beating almost all of them at all, let alone in this type of match. What about HBK? Triple H? There are many men that he's never beaten one on one, and even more that he hasn't beaten in a TLC match.

Hulk Hogan, on the other hand, has quite literally beaten everyone he's come up against. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a wrestler between 1980-mid 2000s that he feuded with and didn't beat.

The TLC will be a new concept for Hogan, but it's not like he's never been in a gimmick match before, it's not like he's never felt the wrath of a chair shot before, and it's not like Edge is actually going to have what it takes to put a prime Hulk Hogan through a table.

The way I see this match finishing? Edge pushes Hogan off of the ladder and Hogan hits the mat hard. Edge reaches up for the belt but Hogan gets up and starts to Hulk up. He turns around and points at Edge, and Edge reacts by making his signature "Oh fuck" face. Edge frantically reaches for the belt but Hogan pulls him down from the ladder by his tights. Hogan then delivers three punches, a big boot, and to top it all off, he climbs to the top of the ladder and drops a huge leg across Edge's throat. Hogan climbs back up the ladder and grabs the belt for the win.

Hulk Hogan is your winner.

The res of your post is good but based around one highly flawed argument. You cannot and should not discount the Cena vs Edge match from Unforgiven.

I honestly dont think Hulk Hogan would lose this match because if Edge loses to a prime Cena in his own home town then he definitely wont beat 80's era, coked up Hogan.

I'm not Hogan fan by any stretch but I honestly think Hogan should beat Edge in this match in exactly the same way that Edge lost to Cena. I'd be willing to see arguments either way but I also think Edge will progress because he is facing someone whose recent achievement overshadow his wrestling career - much like Rock vs Race, it's recency that will probably work in his favour.

I could see points being made to vote for either guy here, but I'll be voting Hogan in this round most likely simply because Edge gets waaaaay to much love in these tournys, and the fact that I'm pretty sure in Hogans prime he knew how to swing a fucking chair, put someone through a damn table, and climb a motherfucking ladder, as well has easily dispatch of a guy like Edge with relative ease, Hogan was nearly unbeatable in his prime, I see Edge trying to hit him with a chair only for the Hulkster to turn around hulk up kick the fucking chair back into Edges face then place the chair over Edges head and deliver a thunderous leg drop to finish him off just long enough to to climb the ladder and grab whatever the fuck is up there for him to grab and win the match

Fuck Edge vote Hogan

Edge's experience meant jack shit in his TLC match with Cena and as good as Cena is, he's no where near as good as Hogan. This just isn't a match and Edge just isn't an opponent that Hogan would lose to.

Edge needed about 5 guys to help him beat Taker who was dominating Edge for the most part. Edge may have the interference again but unlike Taker, Hogan had plenty of friends during his WWF prime that would come out and negate any interference Edge had. I'm sure Edge has beaten plenty of different styles of wrestling in his career but comparing his ability to beat Kane, Mysterio, and Del Rio to beating Hogan is absolutely laughable. As far as Flair goes, did you forget the guy was 57 when Edge beat him?

Edge would be no different. He'd go down just like pretty much everyone else did to Hogan in his prime.

Being star struck is the least of Edge's worries. He should be more worried about the fact that Hulk Hogan is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, rarely lost in his prime, and was able to adapt to many different match styles and opponents with great success.

Hogan will win this. The stipulation, the location, nothing matters, Hogan WILL win. Hogan isn't an idiot, it wouldn't be hard for him to figure out how to use a table, a ladder, or some chairs. I mean, he is the greatest of all time! Why would Edge be able to pull this win off. The John Cena argument is very smart. John Cena, this generation's Hogan (who isn't anywhere near Hogan), beat Edge in a TLC match. That was totally unheralded territory for John Cena, but he found a way to win. Much like Cena, Hogan would find a way to win this match.

I love how people are actually fooling themselves into thinking Hulk fucking Hogan would actually beat the much smarter Edge in a fucking TLC match. It's hilarious. One on one match, yeah, Hogan would probably own Edge, but fuck that, this is a TLC match. A match that was unheard of in Hogan's prime. Edge has been in what...957 TLC matches...he's not losing here (although he'll likely lose this round).

Here's how it would go down. Hulk would climb the ladder...very slowly. Edge would grab a chair, meet him at the top, conchairto his ass, and Edge would step on Hogan's old ass body to get the belt/contract/whatever the fuck is up there. Saying Hogan would beat Edge in a TLC is bullshit and the funniest thing I've heard in a good while.

Fuck Hogan's legacy - Edge wins.

I'm with Hamler on this one. Not only is this Edge's match, but he is a totally different breed of superstar than anything Hogan faced in his prime. He is an incredibly intelligent ring technician who can vary his style up as needed depending on his opponent.

Hogan is Hogan. He is still the most larger than life wrestler ever and no one is ever going to top it. But let's not kid ourselves here. Cena is a much better at these kinds of matches than Hogan ever was. Cena has been in a great variety of matches, and Hogan just hasn't really. That's mainly due to the time he was on top. There just wasn't the vast number of different match types at the time and by the time they came about during the 90s, he was kinda old to be doing that.

I agree with some that generally speaking Hogan would beat Edge easily here. But this is probably the one and only match that Edge would win. He's just got too much experience in this element and it'd be totally foreign for Hogan. That is going to play a huge factor in this match and I think it makes the winner pretty clear.

Edge wins.

I don't even know why the fuck we make a tournament with stipulations, if everybody will be writing: "well Edge may be the master of TLC, but he lost to Cena.Therefore he WILL lose to Hogan. Hogan IS the greatest of all time therefore he has to win everything". Fuck this tournament, let's skip everything and have Cena vs Hogan vs Austin in "who is the biggest of all time" match.

Enough about the Cena/Hogan comparison it doesn't belong here, in this match. Yeah we all can see the hulk up paralel with Cena. But Cena in a TLC is stronger, faster, more agile. For a TLC you must be agile, every master of ladder matches are agile guys: Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, Edge, Christian etc... Hogan is too big and slow to make it. I think this is exactly where Edge screws someone as big as Hogan. I insist what can Hogan do to keep down Edge? A leg drop for the top of the ladder? Pff, please Hogan doing that kind of spot?

A TLC isn't rocket science, but it demands a little bit of AGILITY. Kane is the exception. In one match he won cleanly, no excuses. However the second time (MitB match), Kane won because it was in order to continue a storyline.

In this case, this is a straight up TLC match. Hogan doesn't have the speed to win a TLC. His legacy doesn't have anything to do with a TLC.

I don't even know why the fuck we make a tournament with stipulations, if everybody will be writing: "well Edge may be the master of TLC, but he lost to Cena.

Because Edge losing to Cena in a TLC match is very relevant. Maybe if Edge had a flawless record in these matches then it would mean more but he lost to Cena and needed 4 or 5 guys to beat Taker.

Hogan IS the greatest of all time therefore he has to win everything

He doesn't have to win everything. In fact he has never won the WZ tournament. I don't even think he has ever made the final four and Edge has, so all the bullshit you are spewing can be thrown out. The fact is that Edge is no where near the level of Hogan and the match stipulation isn't enough for him to overcome the difference.
Enough about the Cena/Hogan comparison it doesn't belong here, in this match. Yeah we all can see the hulk up paralel with Cena. But Cena in a TLC is stronger, faster, more agile.

Last time I checked Hogan wasn't always a gimpy 50+ year old man. In his prime he was plenty agile to climb a fucking ladder. In fact he climbed out of numerous cages in his prime which is a longer climb then a ladder.

For a TLC you must be agile, every master of ladder matches are agile guys: Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, Edge, Christian etc...

I guess that's why in ladder matches Undertaker has beaten Jeff Hardy, Scott Hall has beaten Shawn Michaels, and Kane was able to defeat 7 other guys including the likes of Christian and Kofi.

Hogan is too big and slow to make it.

Once again Hogan wasn't always a crippled senior citizen and plenty of guys his size have won ladder matches.

I insist what can Hogan do to keep down Edge? A leg drop for the top of the ladder? Pff, please Hogan doing that kind of spot?

Hogan has kept Harley Race down in a Texas Death Match, he has kept Vader down in a strap match, he has kept numerous guys down long enough in cage matches to climb out. He would have no problem keeping Edge down, trust me.

A TLC isn't rocket science, but it demands a little bit of AGILITY. Kane is the exception. In one match he won cleanly, no excuses. However the second time (MitB match), Kane won because it was in order to continue a storyline.

Lol. If you want to bring story lines into this then there is ZERO chance Edge would ever go over Hogan.
In this case, this is a straight up TLC match. Hogan doesn't have the speed to win a TLC.

Hogan isn't a paraplegic, he would be just fine.

Ahh yes, more stupidity. I hate gimmick rounds as much as they make it enjoyable.

Let's see, so now we're saying Hulk Hogan can't climb a fucking ladder? The greatest wrestler ever is going down to one of the most overrated because of the assumption he can't climb a ladder? I guess we'll just conveniently ignore all of the Cage matches Hogan has won in his career. Clearly Hogan can't win a gimmick match where climbing is involved, right? But wait, this has ladders in it. Hogan doesn't know how to use weapons. :rolleyes:

Some of you people just don't make any sense. Hogan hasn't wrestled anyone with Edge's "intelligence"? Oh really, and just how do you measure that? Hogan kicked Flair's ass for years, is Flair not "intelligent"? Is Flair not opportunistic as well?

You guys are being ridiculous. Hogan would win this, and to say otherwise just makes you look bad.

Ring the bell, Apollo, round two is starting.

I only need one round here, but Lord, Ive got about 8 people to respond to!

John Cena is this generation's Hulk Hogan, but only Hulk Hogan is the real Hulkster. When Hulk Hogan was at the top of his game, nothing could stop him. If Hulk Hogan could get through Andre the Giant, I have no doubts that he would be able to make it through a few steel chair shots or a fall from a ladder.

Not disconting this. But if anyone has had John Cena's number, it's been Edge. It doesn't matter how he's done it, he's beaten Cena in LMS matches, triple threat matches, Saturday Night's Event, and the main event of Summerslam in 2006. Cena was in the middle of the biggest roll of his career, and Edge derailed him time and time again. He was the first person Cena truly had to chase, not trade wins with(ala Orton in 2009.) Cena's owned this generation's Andre in the Big Show, but he's struggled at times with the smaller Edge. I see Edge being able to give Hogan similar problems that he gave Cena.

He beat Undertaker in a TLC... with the help of four other men. The Fatal Four way TLC is a whole different beast as his efforts are divided three ways, as they are for the other three men. The best measurement we have for how this match would go is his match against John Cena, which he lost. It was one on one, minimal interference, and it saw Cena walking out the victory.

There's a huge caveat you're forgetting to mention that goes into Cena v Edge at Unforgiven 2006. If Cena lost, he was gone from Raw. This wasn't just another TLC match for the title, this was for his job on the flagship show. You better darn well believe that played a factor in that match. There's no such stipulation in play here. Further, Cena is far more athletic and agile then Hogan was, even in his prime. As for the Fatal Four Way, that only enhances Edge's advantage, as he beat 3 other men...on his own. That's far more then being in the right place at the right time, it's being able to master the match. Something Edge has done, and Hogan has never competed in. Advantage Edge.

I think we'll get the totally focused Edge, but that doesn't matter. In his prime, Hulk Hogan only lost when he got screwed out of victory. Edge would be one of the likely suspects for screwing Hulk Hogan, but I just don't see him being successful at it in this match. Even if Edge did get La Familia or Christian or Lita or Rhyno to help him out, you then are forced to give Hogan the NWO or Randy Savage or one of his many other friends.

I do, very much so. If there's anyone who could find a way to get inside Hogan's head, it would be Edge. Even if the lackeys for both sides interfered and were equaled out, Im taking Edge here. Like you said, Edge would be one of the likely culprits that could screw over Hogan. Edge would have one last lackey in waiting after all the interference had been cleared from the ring, and a con-chair-to, or even two, would be waiting. And even Hogan isn't getting up from that. Why? Because Edge would be the one who would be able to screw Hogan in HIS match.

He hasn't come close to beating almost all of them at all, let alone in this type of match. What about HBK? Triple H? There are many men that he's never beaten one on one, and even more that he hasn't beaten in a TLC match.

I seem to remember a certain Royal Rumble match in 2005 between HBK and Edge. If my memory serves me correctly, Edge pinned Michaels cleanly in that match. He also beat him in a street fight on Raw in 2007. How did Edge win his 7th World Championship? He pinned HHH at Survivor Series in 2008. Got anymore? ;)

Hulk Hogan, on the other hand, has quite literally beaten everyone he's come up against. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a wrestler between 1980-mid 2000s that he feuded with and didn't beat.

See above for the people you listed that Edge has beaten that you previously thought otherwise about. There's not a star in the company today that Edge hasn't beaten. It doesn't matter how he's done it, its the fact that he's done it. And before we cry screwjobs and interference, that's how Edge thrived most and made his legacy, just like Hogan did with the Hulk-Up, Big Boot, and the Leg drop.

The TLC will be a new concept for Hogan, but it's not like he's never been in a gimmick match before, it's not like he's never felt the wrath of a chair shot before, and it's not like Edge is actually going to have what it takes to put a prime Hulk Hogan through a table.

We know this how? As I said earlier, Cena was more agile and quicker then Hogan, and yet Edge was able to put Cena through several tables. You dont think Edge has what it takes to, I dont know, push over a ladder Hogan is on, knocking Hogan out of the ring, and through a table? C'mon now. And with Edge's expansive experience in the TLC match, he'ld know when, where, and how to do so to Hogan. Can't say the same for the Hulkster.

The way I see this match finishing? Edge pushes Hogan off of the ladder and Hogan hits the mat hard. Edge reaches up for the belt but Hogan gets up and starts to Hulk up. He turns around and points at Edge, and Edge reacts by making his signature "Oh fuck" face. Edge frantically reaches for the belt but Hogan pulls him down from the ladder by his tights. Hogan then delivers three punches, a big boot, and to top it all off, he climbs to the top of the ladder and drops a huge leg across Edge's throat. Hogan climbs back up the ladder and grabs the belt for the win.[/QUO

Not disconting this. But if anyone has had John Cena's number, it's been Edge. It doesn't matter how he's done it, he's beaten Cena in LMS matches, triple threat matches, Saturday Night's Event, and the main event of Summerslam in 2006. Cena was in the middle of the biggest roll of his career, and Edge derailed him time and time again. He was the first person Cena truly had to chase, not trade wins with(ala Orton in 2009.) Cena's owned this generation's Andre in the Big Show, but he's struggled at times with the smaller Edge. I see Edge being able to give Hogan similar problems that he gave Cena.

Then you can't deny that this is a positive for Hogan. I don't care how many problems Edge gave him, Cena almost always beat Edge.

There's a huge caveat you're forgetting to mention that goes into Cena v Edge at Unforgiven 2006. If Cena lost, he was gone from Raw. This wasn't just another TLC match for the title, this was for his job on the flagship show. You better darn well believe that played a factor in that match. There's no such stipulation in play here. Further, Cena is far more athletic and agile then Hogan was, even in his prime. As for the Fatal Four Way, that only enhances Edge's advantage, as he beat 3 other men...on his own. That's far more then being in the right place at the right time, it's being able to master the match. Something Edge has done, and Hogan has never competed in. Advantage Edge.

If Hogan doesn't win here, he leaves the Wrestlezone tournament and fails to crack the final four... AGAIN. He even went out to Benoit one year, he doesn't want to lose to another Canadian. Hulk Hogan wants to win here worse than anyone else.

And you don't have to beat all 4 men on your own, you can let them beat on each other and be the smart one. Edge had his share of help from the other competitors.

I do, very much so. If there's anyone who could find a way to get inside Hogan's head, it would be Edge. Even if the lackeys for both sides interfered and were equaled out, Im taking Edge here. Like you said, Edge would be one of the likely culprits that could screw over Hogan. Edge would have one last lackey in waiting after all the interference had been cleared from the ring, and a con-chair-to, or even two, would be waiting. And even Hogan isn't getting up from that. Why? Because Edge would be the one who would be able to screw Hogan in HIS match.

No way man, if it came down to NWO vs. Edge's friends, you gotta give NWO the advantage. Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and the rest of that half of the WCW roster easily outnumber, out-muscle, and out-smart La Familia, Lita, Christian, and Rhyno, which is assuming they are all there to help out Edge. Fuck, Chavo, Christian, and Rhyno may have gone home after they got eliminated from the tournament, leaving him with Hawkins and Ryder, Vickie, Lita, and... Bam Neely? Oy fucking vey.

I seem to remember a certain Royal Rumble match in 2005 between HBK and Edge. If my memory serves me correctly, Edge pinned Michaels cleanly in that match. He also beat him in a street fight on Raw in 2007. How did Edge win his 7th World Championship? He pinned HHH at Survivor Series in 2008. Got anymore? ;)

Nope, at Royal Rumble 05 Edge won by holding the ropes during a roll-up. And the match with Triple H at Survivor Series 08 was a triple threat with a then-dominant Vladamir Kozlov. And the Street Fight match wasn't a wrestling match... it was a street fight. The point of this is all was that Hogan has beaten everyone he's come across in a wrestling match, and Edge has not.

See above for the people you listed that Edge has beaten that you previously thought otherwise about. There's not a star in the company today that Edge hasn't beaten. It doesn't matter how he's done it, its the fact that he's done it. And before we cry screwjobs and interference, that's how Edge thrived most and made his legacy, just like Hogan did with the Hulk-Up, Big Boot, and the Leg drop.

Except not really. Look at Triple H and Brock Lesnar, two fellow main eventers that Edge has yet to best one on one.

We know this how? As I said earlier, Cena was more agile and quicker then Hogan, and yet Edge was able to put Cena through several tables. You dont think Edge has what it takes to, I dont know, push over a ladder Hogan is on, knocking Hogan out of the ring, and through a table? C'mon now. And with Edge's expansive experience in the TLC match, he'ld know when, where, and how to do so to Hogan. Can't say the same for the Hulkster.

It doesn't matter if Cena is quicker or more agile than Hogan, Hogan was unstoppable during his prime. And I'm not saying Edge doesn't have what it takes to give Hogan the proper TLC experience, I'm saying that the damage one takes in a TLC match would not be enough to keep Hogan down.

Edge's experience meant jack shit in his TLC match with Cena and as good as Cena is, he's no where near as good as Hogan. This just isn't a match and Edge just isn't an opponent that Hogan would lose to.

You again? Havent we had enough of each other the last two months? Well, Im willing to do it one more time if you are. :)

You're right, this just isn't a match. This is a TLC match, which is Edge's match. I dont agree with the assessment that Cena is nowhere near as good as Hogan is, as he's certainly been pushed that way. If anything, Cena is the better wrestler, and more agile and athletic then Hogan was in his prime. Cena was also wrestling for his job, something Hogan isnt doing here. Its not as if Cena owned Edge in the match, in fact, it was as much of back and forth affair as youre going to see. Why would this match be any different, and whose to say it couldn't turn out the other way?

Edge needed about 5 guys to help him beat Taker who was dominating Edge for the most part. Edge may have the interference again but unlike Taker, Hogan had plenty of friends during his WWF prime that would come out and negate any interference Edge had.

It was 3 people(Ryder, Hawkins, and Chavo), but I get the point. Im not necessarily saying that interference would make a difference here, but if it did, I think it would favor Edge. Not in the who, as that would be laughably in the favor of Hogan. But the when in which the interference is used would be another story. Again, being that this is Edge's match, I think he'ld have one ace up his sleeve that Hogan wouldnt be able to account for. It appered Taker had the interference accounted for against Edge, and it went down in exactly the same fashion.

I'm sure Edge has beaten plenty of different styles of wrestling in his career but comparing his ability to beat Kane, Mysterio, and Del Rio to beating Hogan is absolutely laughable.

If thats what I had been doing, you would be right. My point here is that Edge has wrestled in every type of TLC match imaginable and has come out on top in almost each. I don't care who he was wrestling in a Fatal Four Way TLC match. Being the victor is an impressive feat, and it only furthers Edge's legacy and experience within this match. Edge would be the "veteran" in this match type and Hogan the "rookie".

As far as Flair goes, did you forget the guy was 57 when Edge beat him?

Not at all. But everyone is so quickly to dismiss every Edge victory to "special circumstances" when you need to look at it for what it is. Another win for Edge within the TLC environment against one of the greatest wrestlers to ever go.

Edge would be no different. He'd go down just like pretty much everyone else did to Hogan in his prime.

In any other match, I would tend to agree. I hold the TLC match with Edge's experience and overall performance in said matches in higher esteem then you obviously do, and I think that would make the difference.

Being star struck is the least of Edge's worries. He should be more worried about the fact that Hulk Hogan is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, rarely lost in his prime, and was able to adapt to many different match styles and opponents with great success.

I think Hogan would have to worry about fighting perhaps the greatest performer in a match he has no experience in whatsoever. This is a match Hogan simply hasn't performed in before, and to go up against the master of it, he could possibly be out of his element here. We don't know the type of success Hogan would have even in a ladder match, let alone a TLC match. We know exactly what we're getting from Edge in the TLC match, and so does Edge. Edge advances.

Then you can't deny that this is a positive for Hogan. I don't care how many problems Edge gave him, Cena almost always beat Edge.

Actually in 2006, it was Cena chasing Edge for most of the year. It didn't matter how, Edge found a way to stay ahead of Cena and retain. Im saying this is an advantage for Edge in that he stayed ahead of the face of the company, the Hogan of the 2000's.

If Hogan doesn't win here, he leaves the Wrestlezone tournament and fails to crack the final four... AGAIN. He even went out to Benoit one year, he doesn't want to lose to another Canadian. Hulk Hogan wants to win here worse than anyone else.

And if Edge doesn't win here, he's out as well. You don't think he'ld want to cap off his career of 11 Championship wins, some either punctuated or won in the TLC environment, by winning one more? It might send him scurrying off into early retirement if he were to lose a second TLC match in front of his home crowd. You wouldnt want to do that to Edge, would you?

And you don't have to beat all 4 men on your own, you can let them beat on each other and be the smart one. Edge had his share of help from the other competitors.

It almost sounds like youre suggesting that it's easier to win a Fatal Four Way TLC match then it is a one on one match. Not even in the slightest. Even moreso, you have to pick your spots and be the one who lands the final knockout blow. And Edge did exactly that in the Fatal Four Way that he won, but he took plenty of bumbs along the way, my friend. He simply added to both his legacy in the match as well as his experience in the Fatal Four Way, experience he would use to beat Hogan in this match.

No way man, if it came down to NWO vs. Edge's friends, you gotta give NWO the advantage. Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and the rest of that half of the WCW roster easily outnumber, out-muscle, and out-smart La Familia, Lita, Christian, and Rhyno, which is assuming they are all there to help out Edge. Fuck, Chavo, Christian, and Rhyno may have gone home after they got eliminated from the tournament, leaving him with Hawkins and Ryder, Vickie, Lita, and... Bam Neely? Oy fucking vey.

Wait, Chavo and Rhyno were in the tournament? Well certainly they'ld be motivated to make an impact here, as Im sure they were sqaushed in the first round. And the same could be said for the rest of Hogan's buddies, as they're gone as well. I didn't make the argument that Edge's back-up was better, tougher, or stronger(although perhaps smarter) then Hogan's, i simply asserted that Edge would make better use of them. Having been in this match before, he'ld know when and where to deploy them, something Hogan would be unfamilar with in this particular match.

Nope, at Royal Rumble 05 Edge won by holding the ropes during a roll-up. And the match with Triple H at Survivor Series 08 was a triple threat with a then-dominant Vladamir Kozlov. And the Street Fight match wasn't a wrestling match... it was a street fight. The point of this is all was that Hogan has beaten everyone he's come across in a wrestling match, and Edge has not.

Did he beat HBK in the match? Pin him for the 1,2,3 at the Rumble? That would be yes. Did he win the title by pinning HHH at Survivor Series? Again, yes? You made the assertion that he never beat either HBK or HHH before, not I. Those were both wrestling matches, were they not? He did, and I can't recall anyone of his generation Edge hasnt beaten in a wrestling match. Cena? Beat him. HBK and HHH? Beat em both. Big Show? Clean. Kurt Angle? Several times. Undertaker? That would be yes. Edge beat all of them in wrestling matches, as well as in gimmick ones. Edge even has wins over the man that took Hogan out last year in the tournament in Chris Benoit. Edge has beaten everyone of his generation, same as Hogan has. The difference is Edge has beaten them in both straight up wrestling matches as well as gimmick matches, which gives Edge, well, an edge.

Except not really. Look at Triple H and Brock Lesnar, two fellow main eventers that Edge has yet to best one on one.

You mean the Brock Lesnar that made Hogan pass out from the bear hug and became only the 2nd wrestler to defeat Hogan by submission? The same Lesnar who was the first to ever defeat Hogan by having the match called? And Edge, as I already metioned, pinned HHH to win the title at Survivor Series 2008. I know it was in a triple threat match, but Edge still pinned fellow main eventer HHH, to win the title, no less.

It doesn't matter if Cena is quicker or more agile than Hogan, Hogan was unstoppable during his prime. And I'm not saying Edge doesn't have what it takes to give Hogan the proper TLC experience, I'm saying that the damage one takes in a TLC match would not be enough to keep Hogan down

Yet he never competed in a ladder match, let alone a TLC match during his prime. It matters quite a bit that Cena is much more agile then Hogan was in his prime, because he was able to keep pace with the experienced, even quicker Edge. Hogan wasn't exactly nimble, and his moveset certainly didn't revolve around climbing or flying through the air. And that would hurt him here, as Edge would be able to outquick, outpace, and outsmart Hogan in this match on his way to winning HIS match. This is the one match that Hogan simply wouldnt be able to beat Edge in.

Because Edge losing to Cena in a TLC match is very relevant. Maybe if Edge had a flawless record in these matches then it would mean more but he lost to Cena and needed 4 or 5 guys to beat Taker.

It is a syllogism, in wrestling not because you beat someone else that automatically means that you can beat someone else.
Triple H coudn't beat Benoit. Benoit couldn't beat Randy Orton. Therefore HHH can't beat Orton right? :rolleyes: Like I said it is a syllogism.

He doesn't have to win everything. In fact he has never won the WZ tournament. I don't even think he has ever made the final four and Edge has, so all the bullshit you are spewing can be thrown out. The fact is that Edge is no where near the level of Hogan and the match stipulation isn't enough for him to overcome the difference.

Well this is my first WZ tournament and I didn't read the past winners, nevermind... But after what I read is always "well he is going to win this match because he IS Hulk Hogan". Anyway, of course Edge isn't at Hogan's level, but THIS specific stipualtion can put Edge at his level. I'm not talking about, hulk up nor legacy/achievements, I'm talking about the match itself.

Last time I checked Hogan wasn't always a gimpy 50+ year old man. In his prime he was plenty agile to climb a fucking ladder. In fact he climbed out of numerous cages in his prime which is a longer climb then a ladder.

At any moment I suggest that Hogan was this old man we see today. You read it that way, but I never explicit said it nor implictly. Of course he can climb ladders, cages bla bla bla. What I try to say isn't if he can climb a ladder, but HOW FAST CAN HE CLIMB A LADDER? Faster than Edge? This part has something to do with winning.

I guess that's why in ladder matches Undertaker has beaten Jeff Hardy, Scott Hall has beaten Shawn Michaels, and Kane was able to defeat 7 other guys including the likes of Christian and Kofi.

Yeah you are probably right, 3 examples, no 4 (if you count Cena/Edge) out of 58493268932 ladder matches. I'm not saying that it is a rule, even if it was, in all rules there are exceptions.

Once again Hogan wasn't always a crippled senior citizen and plenty of guys his size have won ladder matches.

Like I said, at any moment I suggest that Hogan was this old man we see today. You read it that way, but I never explicit said it nor implictly. In all the matches I've seen, Hogan was never a quick guy.

Hogan has kept Harley Race down in a Texas Death Match, he has kept Vader down in a strap match, he has kept numerous guys down long enough in cage matches to climb out. He would have no problem keeping Edge down, trust me.

You can name all the gimmick matches that he have participated, but at any point in his career he had a match like a TLC. Since you like compare so much the Cena/Edge TLC match, take a look how it ended. It was a brutal match and Cena needed to FU Edge from the top of the ladder towards TWO tables. Let's take a look for one second a ladder match Edge had against Hardy. It was a match full of spots, with that said, Hardy TRAPPED Edge in order to get the win. Besides MITB (that involes too many people), those were basically the two loses Edge has in matches involving ladders: taking a serious hit and being trapped. I don't know about you, but I just can't see Hogan doing such a critical hit on Edge. Maybe trapped him like Hardy did but I doubt it.

Lol. If you want to bring story lines into this then there is ZERO chance Edge would ever go over Hogan.

Yeah, that's why I'm NOT going to do it.

Hogan isn't a paraplegic, he would be just fine.

Lol, I didn't say he is the fucking old man we see today! Again, he can climb a ladder, but how fast cna he climb a ladder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back