• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bye Bye She Bye

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
This is what Billy Corgan said to the crowd at a Smashing Pumpkins concert I went to as a kid, and I thought it was the only fitting way to signal my stepping down as a moderator.

I've always been one to heed Y 2 Jake's words (i.e., a goodbye thread is in poor form) but I needed to make this thread for one particular reason.

Anonymous Mozzarella, you once said (I'm paraphrasing here) that the point of a debate is to sound out your beliefs and to come away with having learned something new. I can't tell you how profoundly this affected my way of thinking about debates. I used to think of them as only contests that one either wins or loses, but now I see them just like you do. Granted, I haven't learned as much as I'd hoped for in some of the debates that I've been in since then, but I can't see myself not thinking this ever again. I just wanted you to know that.

Oh, and I have brief last words for three particular people.

Crock: I hope you eventually get a mod spot.

IndyJon22: I hope you eventually get a mod spot.

Mitch Henessey: I hope they pick you as my replacement in M&T.

It's been real, hombres...remember to always keep it real.

And I was expecting you to suggest me as your replacement for all of your spots when you stepped down.

Are you still going to be around or are you leaving all together?

This is what Billy Corgan said to the crowd at a Smashing Pumpkins concert I went to as a kid, and I thought it was the only fitting way to signal my stepping down as a moderator.

I've always been one to heed Y 2 Jake's words (i.e., a goodbye thread is in poor form) but I needed to make this thread for one particular reason.

Anonymous Mozzarella, you once said (I'm paraphrasing here) that the point of a debate is to sound out your beliefs and to come away with having learned something new. I can't tell you how profoundly this affected my way of thinking about debates. I used to think of them as only contests that one either wins or loses, but now I see them just like you do. Granted, I haven't learned as much as I'd hoped for in some of the debates that I've been in since then, but I can't see myself not thinking this ever again. I just wanted you to know that.

Sad to see you stepping down, going to miss you on here.

I'll still be around, guys. This is as amicable as a stepping down as you're going to get. The main reason I'm stepping down is because I don't watch wrestling anymore.

Oh, and Norm for mod.

Still disappointing. Every since doing the WZPC you have been so helpful and i found you do a great job at running it. That shall be missed.

I fully support this, although IndyJon can get this as well, but he isn't on that much anymore.

digs, in my few interactions with you, you've always been pleasant and extremely helpful. Thanks for working as hard as you have. See you around the board, bud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back