2010 Debater's League - More Alternates Needed!!

Do you know how awesome it would be to have to debate myself? You're taking that away from me D. My soul is crushed.

I laughed when Game Rage did that in the Cigar Lounge Debater's League

There's still three weeks to go of me having free time, you never know when I might just post a Ferbian vs. FunKay: HBK vs. Y2J: Clash of the Titans Thread.

Thanks for the kind comments folks.

I wouldn't mind that. However I'd probably focus more on the Debater's League for now, and other things. However I'll be sure to hit you up if I got some time to kill. As well as I wouldn't mind doing it when I'm done with the Debater's League.

I'd probably get myself banned for flaming.

Telling yourself how awful your own points are, and that they're completely ******ed and irrelevant to the debate? I wouldn't ban someone for doing that towards themselves, I'd encourage stuff like that for the lulz.

I'd preferred to have judged if I am honest. But I do enjoy and wish I had more time. I really enjoyed the CLDL and think if I get the time, I will enjoy this also.

I wasn't prepped for it which hasn't helped.

I wouldn't mind that. However I'd probably focus more on the Debater's League for now, and other things. However I'll be sure to hit you up if I got some time to kill. As well as I wouldn't mind doing it when I'm done with the Debater's League.

A Post Season Special. Just be aware that Jericho's beeten more thna one member of the Shawn Michaels household.

if7w2r.jpg

Yes. This is not the thread for that.

Enough of my time has been wasted already. Please don't waste more of it.

I would love to do this, but I'm afraid I won't have the time for it since I start school on Monday. If I were to do this I would want to devote the time to not only research any information necessary to create a well-informed debate, but also to write the post as well. This is just bad timing for me. My heart says yes, but my brain is saying no. Maybe next year.

How about Jack-Hammer? Someone should PM him if he's not in it already.

I've PM'ed Jack-Hammer at the beginning of this thing, along with JMT, IDR, JJYanks, and I'm not sure who else. Got no response from Jack, though I imagine it's a case of just being busy.

Brain... Hmm...

I've PM'ed Jack-Hammer at the beginning of this thing, along with JMT, IDR, JJYanks, and I'm not sure who else. Got no response from Jack, though I imagine it's a case of just being busy.

Brain... Hmm...

Yep I remember that as I was one of the posters you PM'ed.

Sounds like fun, but I have a couple concerns. Topics are random and I know almost nothing about TNA or anything outside WWE. I can do a little research but I would have a hard time debating about something I haven't seen. I'm usually on here for at least a little while every day, but it's possible I may not be able to respond until late at night. I'm free to browse the web at work when it's slow (which is often) but I never know when it will be busy. If you guys don't mind replies late at night I'd give it a shot. I'm just afraid of getting a non WWE topic and being out of my league.

Sounds like fun, but I have a couple concerns. Topics are random and I know almost nothing about TNA or anything outside WWE. I can do a little research but I would have a hard time debating about something I haven't seen. I'm usually on here for at least a little while every day, but it's possible I may not be able to respond until late at night. I'm free to browse the web at work when it's slow (which is often) but I never know when it will be busy. If you guys don't mind replies late at night I'd give it a shot. I'm just afraid of getting a non WWE topic and being out of my league.

Brain, as someone who did it last year, the learning about what you don't know is part of the fun of the DL, it expands your knowledge like no other. The amount of info I have learnt from last year was unbelievable and I really glad to get that chance, don't fret because there might be non-WWE subject, trust me on this one.

Also, the lateness thing isn't a problem, while there is a point for punctuality, as long as you post once in 24 hours than it's fine. Plus there's 4 more points to grab.

Your late at night is someone elses' early in the morning

That's the fun part, Brain. Last year there were some things I had no idea about, but I still did enough research to be able to debate about the subject given. And while doing the research I learned new things and educated myself.

Absolutely understood, and warranted concerns. Two things.

1. I won't try to bullshit you; you will have to do research it. We all will. I understand your concern with the random topics, that said, we all definitely have some sort of research to do, and have to understand some topics are going to be hard, but I feel you are a bright man, who can overcome that. Yes, randome topics are an issue, but trust me, everyone will have those issues. You will not be out of your league.

2. Personally, as long as my opponent is replying consistently, I don't care. You could post at 4 AM, and frankly, I'm ok with it, as long as you have your post up. Some may care about time; I personally don't. As long as your posting consistently, time is rarely an issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back