• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Burying MITB

Why make it have to be a match? Because the whole concept is played out. You're saying after 7 years of seeing this you're not the least bit sick of seeing this? Look at Jack Swagger, his entire reign as champion was a complete joke and no one even really remembers it. Maybe if he had cashed it in and beat Jericho straight up maybe peole would've actually taken him serious. And yea ur right, straight up wrestling doesn't sell at all, punk vs cena, shawn michaels vs undertaker, triple h vs undertaker, yea ur right, straight up wrestling doesn't sell at all. You saying it doesn't is a load of shit. Take it away because it's just not appealing anymore, it's old.
See, this is why I'm a better analyst than you. I don't ask myself "TWJC, are you bored? If so, this is bad" I ask myself "is this idea over?" which it still is, so it's still a good idea. If WWE ran things based on just what you or I wanted, they would be out of business, it's about doing what's over.

If Jack Swagger had won the title clean, no one would still remember it. No one would have taken him seriously. That's not how pro wrestling works. If you create a compelling character, which Swagger wasn't/isn't, then you get taken seriously. If all it took was beating stars to get taken seriously and to be over, then Shelton Benjamin would be huge after he beat HHH 3 times clean. He didn't, that's not how it works. Nobody gives a shit just because you win a lot of matches. You need personality. I bet you think that Punk should have won clean and that Christian should have won clean to "build credibility" too huh? Even though that would make both of their characters less over because it harms what the character excels at.

Also, from a personal standpoint, no, I'm not bored of it. It adds intrigue to every title match because you never know. Making them make it a regular match limits what you can do with it and waters down the concept.

I didn't read all 3 pages, so excuse me if I am being redundant.

However I don't believe Cena's point was that Del Rio cashed in the way he cashed in. I took his rant to mean that he was pissed that, after everything Cena and Punk had done, and had 2 epic matches (opinions, but it was Cena's point), and restored some validity to the title, and after a huge Summerslam, with controversy of its own, and having one of the 2 men who would have given their lives for that title... THEN Del Rio comes down to screw one of them.

I don't think he was complaining about the cash in. I think he was complaining about the fact that Del Rio should have realized what was TRULY transpiring with the title and with the 2 men (kayfab... maybe), and shouldn't have inserted himself into such a moment.

Thats how I took it, and of course its through Cena's eyes so it may not be what you think, but I took that to be what Cena thinks. And I believe that was the point of his promo, not to bury the cash in, but to bury the man who did it.

Just read the previous comment and I guess this forum has changed drastically lol. However I agree with him. In fact I posted in another thread that Punk is a lot like Orton in that regard with the title. He's more interesting than Orton normally anyway, but like Randy, he is far more compelling chasing the title and fighting for it, creating controversy to get it, than he is when he's on top of the heap and happy. It is better tv when guys like Punk and Orton want something they can't currently have. Its guys like Cena who do better with the title, because his character respects the business and almost everyone so he's not going to act crazy to get it if he's not champ. But as you can tell, Punk is far more interesting without it. Does that mean he shouldn't win it sometimes? No.

The Rock was much the same way. I remember during the (uh oh) Attitude Era, Rock was always chasing the title. I think his longest reign was like 4 months. But its because he becomes stale when he's champ. Its through no fault of their own, its their character.

You guys are fucking stupid. Seriously. It's like forrest gump level ******ation in here.

A babyface, saying that a heel got a cheap win, is NOT burying anything. That's how wrestling fucking works.

I'm baffled by the level of reach in here. "buried"? Fucking "BURIED"? Let me tell you this, if a guy is more over afterwards, he's NOT BURIED. I guess you guys think that when Christian took a hell of an ass whipping and kept coming against the biggest star on Smackdown that he got buried too huh? That Christian should have won clean for "credibility"?

I'm not joking, not trying to be funny. It's absolute stupidity to think that a babyface calling a heel cheap buries anyone.

Pay very close attention and take a second to actually read this one...

All I said was the concept of MONEY IN THE BANK was buried, and maybe buried was too strong of a word for you, I understand with some of you and certain "lingo" buried is like a kiss of death. I never said any certain person was buried, NOT ADR, NOT Punk, NOT Christian, but MITB. Hell, the name of the thread is "burying MITB", not "Del Rio is a cheap champion" or "Cena can't mind his own bisiness".

...also if your best defense of calling people Forrest Gump ******ed makes you a better analyst than anyone else then that's just sad.

This is not the Wrestlemania MITB, this is not a guaranteed shot at any title. Honestly, people, were you not paying attention when the MITB PPV was first developed? The Raw MITB match winner gets a guaranteed shot at the WWE TITLE any time. The Smackdown MITB winner gets a guaranteed shot at the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE any time. They are specific to what brand/title you can challenge for!

As far as Cena burying MITB, I don't believe he did that for a second. Faces have always been pissed at heels for cashing in an opportunistic fashion, there is nothing new here. Cena is just being Cena, after tearing the roof down with CM Punk twice in a match to make that title mean something, he is pissed that someone else took a cheap way to steal the belt. That's it. MITB is exactly what it was before Cena spoke.

Hell, if Cena buried anyone or anything, he buried Rey Mysterio... Cena told ADR that sooner or later he'd have to defend the title and it wouldn't be so easy... He said this moments after ADR DEFENDED THE TITLE SUCCESSFULLY WITH A CLEAN WIN OVER MYSTERIO. So what the hell did Cena mean by that? That Rey is nothing?

Now, obviously I don't think that's what Cena actually meant to imply, he was just speaking off the cuff with a poor choice of words. But saying Cena BURIED Rey would be every bit as legitimate if not more so than saying he buried MITB.

All we have here is a logical character driven reason for Cena to be back in the title hunt and going after ADR, and a logical, character driven reason for Punk to for the moment not be focused on the belt but still be part of a huge, compelling, main event storyline. That's what we have, WWE using the characters there stars have to create compelling angles and feuds. Well done, WWE.

A face calling out an MITB winner on a fluke victory is nothing new and the same treatment has been meted out to almost every MITB winner. The way to disprove the notion that it was a fluke victory is for the MITB winner to win the rematch for the title against the babyface, which is also a thing that happens pretty often.

Basically winning the MITB gives you an advantage and you are supposed to use that advantage to your favor. The fact is that it is the most natural thing to do and even faces have done it in the past. Daniel Bryan announcing the date on which he is going to cash in is interesting because it is not the route that a person normally takes. That itself should tell you how normal it is to cash in on the briefcase when the champion is at his weakest. It doesnot make you look weak, it makes you look smart and also like a douche which is a reaction that a heel craves for.

Yeah, Cena has a lot of room to talk about someone taking advantage of a guy that had already been through a match since that is exactly what happened with him and Mysterio. Rey and just got through winning the wwe title and already he has to defend against Cena later that night. Granted it is not the same situation but Cena did take advantage of an already worn down Mysterio to win the championship. Cena also, like others have said pretty much implied that Mysterio is a nobody by saying Del Rio hasnt earned the right to be called champion. So him going over the former champion in a clean win is nothing. I'd say he earned every bit of right to call himself champion.

Of course Cena made MitB look like a joke! The last people to cash in (Swagger, Kane, Miz and ADR) all did it after hard fought matches. The only one who wasn't made to look like a fool was Kane but boy did he get into trouble afterwards. ADR hasn't had enough time as champ to be made to look like a fool but Miz and Swagger were made to milk the title regeign for all it was worth and no one liked them as champs. DB might actually get a good match at WM but it's doubtful.

If you stop and think about Cena's character and why he would say something like that, it makes perfect sense: This is all kayfabe analysis BTW.

John Cena has had been beaten for the championship the same way Del Rio did it to Punk. He is a character that never takes short cuts and praises those who stand up and fight him even if they are heels. Del Rio attacked someone while they were down to win the Championship. Everything he said was correct. RVD cashed in face to face and everyone else has done it rather underhanded.

Cena wasn't burying the MITB briefcase. He was merely expressing the anger (character wise) that comes with the underhanded heel tactics in the WWE. Perfectly fine storyline if you ask me. Doesn't change the fact that MITB is still a way to feesably become champion.

This week's Smackdown spoilers mentioned that Daniel Bryan cashed in his MITB but the results say that it was a non title match. It still hasn't been shown in my country on TV - can somebody confirm whether it was a cashing of the MITB or not? If yes, then it is a real burial of the MITB. Otherwise the WWE Creative are not so confused after all (which they are with the WWE title since they are making multiple belts, changing champions every 3 weeks, and not letting Punk get a consistent good long title reign which he deserves).

I'm not hating on Cena, but Cena is a moron. Del Rio is becomming the guy who they demonize by having him abuse Rey after their match, only so that Cena can be the superhero who swoops in and saves the poor frail helpless Rey Mysterio.

The belt itself has prestige, even though it looks like a failed art project, so whoever holds the belt under whatever circumstances should be the figure-head of the company.

Cena, not being one to allow his reputation as an obnoxious smart ass be over-looked, makes the oh so insightful observation that cashing in the briefcase and picking the bones of the fallen champion isn't a true victory. Thus making the circumstances equate to the idea of John Cena being the only person riteous enough to suggest something like that.

Nobody is safe, especially not the heels. If the writers have any say, and they almost always do, Cena will be the one with the last word and he'll often use it to plant the seed of an idea in the minds of the fans that there are no performers that can hold a candle to Cena.

This week's Smackdown spoilers mentioned that Daniel Bryan cashed in his MITB but the results say that it was a non title match. It still hasn't been shown in my country on TV - can somebody confirm whether it was a cashing of the MITB or not? If yes, then it is a real burial of the MITB. Otherwise the WWE Creative are not so confused after all (which they are with the WWE title since they are making multiple belts, changing champions every 3 weeks, and not letting Punk get a consistent good long title reign which he deserves).
Tell Punk he can pin another man and carry a prop around that will hurt his character to show him he did a good job?

Punk with the belt is an incredibly stupid idea. "Poor me, the man is holding me down....I mean, I do have the title, but I'm still being held down". That's ******ed. Punk is better without the belt. He's not a mark for the belt like you so he doesn't "need" it. WWE isn't confused, the story has garnered a lot of attention and makes a lot of sense. They hot shotted the title waaaay more than this in the tude era. But I guess they didn't know what they were doing then either.

If you stop and think about Cena's character and why he would say something like that, it makes perfect sense: This is all kayfabe analysis BTW.

John Cena has had been beaten for the championship the same way Del Rio did it to Punk. He is a character that never takes short cuts and praises those who stand up and fight him even if they are heels. Del Rio attacked someone while they were down to win the Championship. Everything he said was correct. RVD cashed in face to face and everyone else has done it rather underhanded.

Cena wasn't burying the MITB briefcase. He was merely expressing the anger (character wise) that comes with the underhanded heel tactics in the WWE. Perfectly fine storyline if you ask me. Doesn't change the fact that MITB is still a way to feesably become champion.

I take issue with the fact that someone as capable as Alberto Del Rio is given the belt in a mediocre way and he'll likely end up putting over John Cena.

Cena was burying the briefcase in that Del Rio's title win was just as significant as every other one except RVDs. My interpretation was that in an effort to get over Cena chose to "go there" and mock the reputation of anyone who didn't do what RVD did.

All other superstars had the "Meh, it's what I would have done" attitude. Cena has to have the "You're not a real champion." attitude.

Tell Punk he can pin another man and carry a prop around that will hurt his character to show him he did a good job?

Punk with the belt is an incredibly stupid idea. "Poor me, the man is holding me down....I mean, I do have the title, but I'm still being held down". That's ******ed. Punk is better without the belt. He's not a mark for the belt like you so he doesn't "need" it. WWE isn't confused, the story has garnered a lot of attention and makes a lot of sense. They hot shotted the title waaaay more than this in the tude era. But I guess they didn't know what they were doing then either.

I noticed that back then as well. Mankind and The Rock passed the belt back and forth like four times? If you're a multiple time champ, doesn't that mean that you lost that belt A LOT?!

I only enjoyed Punk as champ in that he beat John Cena, of course a win over John Cena isn't worth much because in the end John Cena will only ever lose due to referee error or interference or CO/DQ. Either way, it shut up a lot of marks who were die hard Cena fanatics.

When Punk lost the belt I really didn't care, they gave me another Cena loss that I did not see coming and are still giving Punk a mic on tv. He really doesn't need a belt to stay relevant, I'm satisfied with what I've seen.

Ok. Gunna say this now. MITB IS NOT being buried. In fact the past few years its been BUILT to be the main START to the big feud of the year.

For instance.

CM Punk's 2nd reign is when this started. Did he or did he not have the feud of the year with Jeff Hardy? Oh wait. Yeah. He did.

Kane's feud with Undertaker which was the main feud of that year until Miz cashed in...was started over MITB.

Oh and wait a second, talking of Miz. Did Miz's MITB cash in, or did it not, start a near 6 month angle in total with John Cena?

Well yes. It did.
The MITB is not being devalued, it's being used to help CREATE the big angles. In fact, MITB is fast becoming the 2nd most important PPV of the year. It's overtaking the Royal Rumble. The Rumble gives us...ONE storyline worthy of about 2 months, maybe 3 if we go to Extreme rules with the feud. MITB? AT LEAST 5-6 months, plus the initial first couple of months of "teased cash ins."

OP. I disagree with you strongly. The MITB is NOT being devalued - and and and...STILL everyone who has cashed in has done so successfully. So it's being seen as an automatic title win - devalued? Hardly.

Cena saying what he said is because his character is virtuous. He likes to see the RIGHT things done at the RIGHT times by the RIGHT people. His character essentially is RIGHT. Del Rio's character is that of a cheat. He won MITB by demasking Rey. He won the title after Punk and Cena gave their all for 35 mins, left everything in the ring, then waited for an attack on Punk from Nash. Cena doesn't agree with Del Rio's tactics on cashing in.

Funny, Cena didn't agree with Miz's cash in neither. It's just Cena's character. You guys read into things too much - it's clear that it's just a part of the character from Cena and he doesn't agree with Del Rio, that's all. But to you guys, the moment Cena says "When i get my rematch, I WILL take the title back", you take it as him saying the MITB means nothing because the title reigns mean nothing.

It's a storyline. MITB is a catalyst into a high profile feud. Expect Del Rio and Cena to go at it until Royal Rumble sort of time, if not, longer.

Cena saying what he said is because his character is virtuous. He likes to see the RIGHT things done at the RIGHT times by the RIGHT people. His character essentially is RIGHT. Del Rio's character is that of a cheat. He won MITB by demasking Rey. He won the title after Punk and Cena gave their all for 35 mins, left everything in the ring, then waited for an attack on Punk from Nash. Cena doesn't agree with Del Rio's tactics on cashing in.

Here's the thing that bugs me. Punk lost the belt to Del Rio, so Cena is upset on Punk's behalf because basically there is no other way the writers can justify Cena suddenly wanting to fight Del Rio. Something that is only Cena's business in that he wasn't left with anything after Summerslam except HHH not officiating the match responsibly and no matter what Cena manages to budge his way into the title picture as a trait of his character.

Del Rio has been putting on some stellar matches with Daniel Bryan and could likely put a rising superstar way over in matches where Del Rio still manages to cleanly retain the belt. No no no, this cannot happen because only Cena will be allowed to gloat over being the one who put over the younger talent.

I understand that their characters are who they are and it would betray the continuity of their universe to have Cena shut the fuck up for once or have Del Rio not do something unbecomming of a true champion in his effort to hold the belt.

The briefcase will always be an interesting variable in how we predict storyline events, for a moment Cena was making it seem as though someone who cashes it in is doomed to hand the belt to a true champion eventually and have their reputation as a credible champion squashed by another one of Vince's boy toys, thus devaluing the role of Alberto Del Rio as someone who used the Money in the Bank contract to become champion.

Yeah, Cena has a lot of room to talk about someone taking advantage of a guy that had already been through a match since that is exactly what happened with him and Mysterio. Rey and just got through winning the wwe title and already he has to defend against Cena later that night. Granted it is not the same situation but Cena did take advantage of an already worn down Mysterio to win the championship. Cena also, like others have said pretty much implied that Mysterio is a nobody by saying Del Rio hasnt earned the right to be called champion. So him going over the former champion in a clean win is nothing. I'd say he earned every bit of right to call himself champion.

You know what that reminded me of? Well, yeah a steaming pile of horse manure, but I was thinking of something else.

Remember when Hogan was ringside to cheer on Bret Hart during a title defense against Yokozuna? Bret loses, Mr. Fuji challenges Hogan on Yoko's behalf, Hogan hops into the ring and promptly squashes Yoko to win the belt. It, like the Cena win, left me with a "Noooooo shit" face that didn't go away for over an hour. We get Rey as champ for what, a fucking hour? They couldn't push the planned story lines back a couple weeks to let him drop the belt on fucking PPV?!

Tell Punk he can pin another man and carry a prop around that will hurt his character to show him he did a good job? Punk with the belt is an incredibly stupid idea. "Poor me, the man is holding me down....I mean, I do have the title, but I'm still being held down". That's ******ed. Punk is better without the belt. He's not a mark for the belt like you so he doesn't "need" it. WWE isn't confused, the story has garnered a lot of attention and makes a lot of sense. They hot shotted the title waaaay more than this in the tude era. But I guess they didn't know what they were doing then either.

You're an idiot. If Punk with the belt was a stupid idea, he wouldn't have won the belt at MITB and then at Summerslam too. Its simple Maths, which you won't understand as you would've failed in it in your exams. Punk = Ratings. So give the title to Punk. The ratings of Raw have gone up since MITB and that's because Punk won the belt. Its just the way it was in the attitude era when Austin and Rock had the belt. But you won't know it as you would have been a kid at that time.

Tell Punk he can pin another man and carry a prop around that will hurt his character to show him he did a good job? Punk with the belt is an incredibly stupid idea. "Poor me, the man is holding me down....I mean, I do have the title, but I'm still being held down". That's ******ed. Punk is better without the belt. He's not a mark for the belt like you so he doesn't "need" it. WWE isn't confused, the story has garnered a lot of attention and makes a lot of sense. They hot shotted the title waaaay more than this in the tude era. But I guess they didn't know what they were doing then either.

What the hell is wrong with people on this site. Can't they post a single comment without offending another user and without using offensive words? Can't they argue over a topic rather than arguing with a person and judging them by calling them "mark for the belt like you"? Can anyone point a single offense in my comment which was directed to a "person" here on the forum?

How is Punk winning the title stupid, forget about it being more stupid as much as you think it is and how can you call it ******ed? If Punk winning the title was stupid, why did he win it in the first place?

Having Del Rio as champion immediately makes no sense, just like having an anonymous general manager for over 1 year makes no sense. Del Rio as champion won't draw as much TV ratings as Punk would, and that's a guarandamnteed fact. Punk is hot right now and he needs to carry the belt for a longer duration than just 3 weeks. Del Rio is good but he can win the belt later - not right now.

Anyways, it seems the quality of people as well as comments on this forum is going down over the years due to a lot of kids like you coming here and posting in their immature manners, so this is going to be my last post on this site and I'm not discussing any topic any further.

Well, stale characters aren't over and WWE gets to look at more sophisticated numbers than we do, so I'm guessing Cena isn't as stale as you think.

Why make it "have to be a match"? Because straight up wrestling sells right? Yea, that's a load of shit. The surprise factor works and the fact that everyone has won means that anytime the champion is hurt, people get on their feet, when the music hits, they get excited. Why the fuck would you want to take away that? To "build credibility"?

It may not be a surprise that it happens the way it does but it is a surprise when it happens. Sure a lot of people predicted ADR, but a lot of people predict the MITB to be cashed in a most big matches. So it's not really predictable if people are consistently wrong.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a few things to say about this:-

You say about the surprise element. But now you expect anytime the champion is knocked out or barely standing, and then the MITB winner stands on top of the stage, holding a briefcase, that he plans to cash in, and because they have won the title every time this scenarion has happened, you know the result going in.

Maybe it is about time to change things up a little and be a little creative with it.

Instead of having a heel appear at the top of the staging, why don't they come out of the crowd, or sneak-attack the champion. I think a cool way to do it is by the heel being under the ring during the match, and when the face celebrates winning or retaining the title, the heel attacks him from behind, and surprises him with his finisher. When the ref tells him to leave, he pulls out the MITB briefcase from under the ring. Maybe he could hit the face across the head with the briefcase, and because he has not officially handed the case to the referee, the match hasn't officially started yet. So, he could knock out the champ with the briefcase, not get DQ'd, hand it to the ref (who has no choice but to accept), and when the bell rings, he immediately pins the knocked-out champion for the title. This would work especially with a heel, and give them big-time heel heat for such a cowardly attack (someone like a heel Chris Jericho would be perfect for this). This would be more of surprise, as no-one sees the MITB winner come out until it is too late.

Another idea is to have someone cash in MITB, and then not win it that night, but later on. For example, a face could cash in, and go to pin a heel who has had a grueling match. Things seem backwards so far, but bear with me. The MITB winner goes to cash in the briefcase and the match starts. He goes to pick up the fallen champion in order to finish him off for the win, and gets low-blowed. The ref calls for the disqualification, and because the belt can't change on a DQ, he wins the match but not the title. However, the MITB winner could force the champion to give him a rematch, or be given one automatically for winning, but by DQ, and the MITB winner then bests the champ in a proper match at the next PPV, (mostly likely headlining "Summerslam") and then have them battle for the next couple of months. This would work especially with a heel cashing in initially, but the DQ turns the MITB winner face, as he pursues the devious champion, who cheated to retain the title.

I may think of other ideas too, but these ideas would not change the initial concept, but give some fresh ways it can be done.

This is not the Wrestlemania MITB, this is not a guaranteed shot at any title. Honestly, people, were you not paying attention when the MITB PPV was first developed? The Raw MITB match winner gets a guaranteed shot at the WWE TITLE any time. The Smackdown MITB winner gets a guaranteed shot at the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE any time. They are specific to what brand/title you can challenge for!

As far as Cena burying MITB, I don't believe he did that for a second. Faces have always been pissed at heels for cashing in an opportunistic fashion, there is nothing new here. Cena is just being Cena, after tearing the roof down with CM Punk twice in a match to make that title mean something, he is pissed that someone else took a cheap way to steal the belt. That's it. MITB is exactly what it was before Cena spoke.

Hell, if Cena buried anyone or anything, he buried Rey Mysterio... Cena told ADR that sooner or later he'd have to defend the title and it wouldn't be so easy... He said this moments after ADR DEFENDED THE TITLE SUCCESSFULLY WITH A CLEAN WIN OVER MYSTERIO. So what the hell did Cena mean by that? That Rey is nothing?

Now, obviously I don't think that's what Cena actually meant to imply, he was just speaking off the cuff with a poor choice of words. But saying Cena BURIED Rey would be every bit as legitimate if not more so than saying he buried MITB.

All we have here is a logical character driven reason for Cena to be back in the title hunt and going after ADR, and a logical, character driven reason for Punk to for the moment not be focused on the belt but still be part of a huge, compelling, main event storyline. That's what we have, WWE using the characters there stars have to create compelling angles and feuds. Well done, WWE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're right that now it is that the Raw MITB winner can only challenge for the WWE Title, and the Smackdown one the World Title, except for one factor you forgot-

THE DRAFT LOTTERY!

Now, this year the Draft Lottery happened early in the year, between MITB PPVs. Also, on at least two occassions, the brand champion has been drafted to the other brand, and taken his title with him. So, if Bryan waited until the Draft, he could cash in on the other brand's champion, if they happen to switch over to Smackdown.

Also, what if Bryan switches to Raw in the Draft, next year, but hasn't cashed in yet, can he then cash-in on Raw's champion instead? Why not, they are on the same brand now?

It would be really cool to end the Draft Lottery episode of "Raw" one year, with the MITB winner cashing in on the other brand's champion the minute he is drafted to his brand.

Also, a question, or two! Since the Draft Lottery is on "Raw", can Bryan cash in the "Smackdown" champion that night? I mean, if they are both on SD, yet it is a combined show, with both brands present, can the SD MITB winner still cash in the SD champion on "Raw", provided neither switch in the Draft? They have two or three other 3-hour combined brand shows a year, can a SD superstar cash in MITB on his brand's champion that night, and if not, why not?

Even cooler would be- The WWE Champion is drafted to "Smackdown". Daniel Bryan, as "Smackdown" champion, immediately challenges, and wins the title. The next Draft pick happens to be Daniel Bryan to "Raw", and he takes the title with him, leaving the ex-WWE Champion on "Smackdown", without his title.

Thirdly, consider that a couple of times, after the Draft, that BOTH titles have been on the same brand for a week or two, and usually one is switched to the other brand, via title change, at the next PPV (funny how that usually happens, LOL!). Now, suppose both titles are on SD after the Draft, can Daniel Bryan cash-in on either title? I mean, both are on "Smackdown", and it hasn't been determined which title will change, so why can't he have his pick of the title during these circumstances?

You're an idiot. If Punk with the belt was a stupid idea, he wouldn't have won the belt at MITB and then at Summerslam too. Its simple Maths, which you won't understand as you would've failed in it in your exams. Punk = Ratings. So give the title to Punk. The ratings of Raw have gone up since MITB and that's because Punk won the belt. Its just the way it was in the attitude era when Austin and Rock had the belt. But you won't know it as you would have been a kid at that time.

I have yet to see eye to eye with TWJC and am surprised I'm about to say this. He's right man.
The guy getting screwed by the higher ups and being defined as "the voice of the voiceless" being a long term champion, especially at the beginning of the storyline, is not a good idea. He won at MITB because it drew people in to see what would happen if the champ didn't work for the company. He won at SummerSlam because a) they don't want Cena to get pinned by Del Rio, even if he just finished a 30 minute match and b) Punk getting screwed over immediatly after becoming "undisputed" champ puts more fuel on his fire.
Austin was anti-establishment too but in a much different way. He wasn't so much "I'm being held back" as much as he was "Vince doesn't like me cuz of my 4 letter words so F him I have the belt what's he gonna do?" They were both screwed by "the man" but Punk makes more sense attacking "the man" not constantly attacking the title holder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back